Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,553 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! (990 Views)

Mutallab Pleads Guilty -- What Next For Him? / Abdul Mutallab's Online Posts! / Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by femfem2000: 12:11pm On Dec 29, 2009
The Mutallabs are Nigerians. We are Nigerians as well. So we understand the Nigerian mindset.

Really guys and gals do you know any father or mother who would call the authorities on their own son EVENTHOUGH he hasn't even committed a crime? From the so called press release from the parents he went missing just 2 months ago. So a son goes missing and for two months and immediately you call the authorities to inform them that your son is now a potential terrorist? Guys and gals that is just rubbish!!!

Most parents (even non-Nigerians) don't even report their own children who are armed robbers, drug dealers or 419s. (And don't think I'm condoning it). Yet we are to believe that a parent whose reputation and family name would be on the line (as the chairman of an Islamic Bank), would call of all people the United States to say his son is a potential terrorist.

Even if one's son was showing some radical views, we would still try to reach him to convert him back. Reporting him means you would have completely given up on him, which I doubt many 'sane' parents wouldn't do quickly.

If their son went missing in Yemen/Dubai, why on earth would one call the United States (after all the bad treatment they dished at Iraq/Quantanamo, that even Obama wanted to shut it down) to then report your own son as a potentials terrorist? Would he want to lose his son to Guantanamo too? I doubt it. Once there, there's no coming out, no second chance.

Guys and gals we are Nigerians, let think as Nigerians and not how the media (CNN, BBC, etc and even the Nigerian media who just publish what the Western media tells them) want us to think.

This story of the father reporting his son to the US or any other authorities is just not adding up.
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by Kx: 12:21pm On Dec 29, 2009
It is rather amazing that when a son is becoming radicalized,
the US embassy is the first point of call to report.

Is this true of a typical nigerian rich man?

How many rich men have reported their wards who were drug peddlers,igbo addicts,armed robbers
prostitutes,secret cult members and political thugs in the past to law enforcement agents?

Instead,was it not these rich men that would bribe hell to free thier wards when they were caught?

femfem2000:

This story of the father reporting his son to the US or any other authorities is just not adding up.
seconded
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by Sagamite(m): 12:27pm On Dec 29, 2009
Two mo-rons.

Your dead brains assume everyman behaves alike.

So the US authorities are colluding when they confirmed he warned them?

Toilet analysis from foools.
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by femfem2000: 12:34pm On Dec 29, 2009
Sagamite, thanks for the compliment. It is obvious that you cannot engage is a simple discussion without turning to insults.

Did you even read what I wrote? It was just something to get us thinking beyond simply what we are being told.

Can you name any of your relatives or friends (or their friends/relatives) who you know pay bribes or are corrupt in any way who have been reported to the authorities by their own parents/uncles/friends?

Can you then tell me any of your friends or relatives who were reported to the authorities as potential bribe payers, or potential participator in corrupt acts?

I very much doubt it. How much more as a potential armed robber, murderer or terrorist? If he had disppeared for 2 months and didn't previously show any signs of being a radical islamists, then what would make his father report him as a potential terrorist. They hadn't spoken to him for 2 months.
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 29, 2009
The US confirmed that the father reported the case,so why are you doubting him,poster?.
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by femfem2000: 12:51pm On Dec 29, 2009
Bluetooth, the US also told us that there were Weapons Of Mass Disappearance in Iraq in order to justify their war. We now know it was a blatant lie.

The US is not some pinnacle of truth. I don't believe things just because the US or UN or BBC said it. We've been told too many lies in the past. Just because they are Oyinbo doesn't mean they always tell the truth or at least the whole truth.

See my other post about the potential agenda of the US against Nigeria
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=372308.msg5201376
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by Sagamite(m): 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2009
femfem2000:

Sagamite, thanks for the compliment. It is obvious that you cannot engage is a simple discussion without turning to insults.

Did you even read what I wrote? It was just something to get us thinking beyond simply what we are being told.

Can you name any of your relatives or friends (or their friends/relatives) who you know pay bribes or are corrupt in any way who have been reported to the authorities by their own parents/uncles/friends?

Can you then tell me any of your friends or relatives who were reported to the authorities as potential bribe payers, or potential participator in corrupt acts?

I very much doubt it. How much more as a potential armed robber, murderer or terrorist? If he had disppeared for 2 months and didn't previously show any signs of being a radical islamists, then what would make his father report him as a potential terrorist. They hadn't spoken to him for 2 months.

I am very capable of having intellectual discuss. You will see me leading with such in a few threads on NL.

But I restrict myself to only intellectual ones, not mo-ronic conjectures and conspiracy theories.

As Barney said to your likes here, engaging with people like you is like debating with a dining room table, which I have no interest in doing hence I dismiss with succinct and apt vituperations.

[flash=400,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/OjF4YjvJLe4[/flash]

People like me have minimal time to engage people that abuse their right to free speech.
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2009
Hey,i am not a fan of america and i know a little of their conspiracies to subdue other countries esp africa and the middle east.If the US goofed on the information they received from the father and disregarded it,that is their problem afterall the father reported same to NIGERIA SECURITY AGENCIES TOO.
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by Sagamite(m): 1:07pm On Dec 29, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Hey,i am not a fan of america and i know a little of their conspiracies to subdue other countries esp africa and the middle east.If the US goofed on the information they received from the father and disregarded it,that is their problem afterall the father reported same to NIGERIA SECURITY AGENCIES TOO.

The foool is implying the US is helping the father of the person that wants to blow them up lie. undecided

Mo-rons plenty for NL.
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by femfem2000: 1:11pm On Dec 29, 2009
Bluetooth, I appreciate your response. If a Father was willing to shop his own son for being a potential terrorist that should raise the seriousness of the issue to any good security agent. Most parent of potential terrorists do not report their own children and the security agencies know this. Hence, for a father to report his own son and then the security agency of the US put the boy on a lowrisk list and grant him a VISA is biggest conspiracy theory I've heard. It just doesn't add up.

If you as a father come to me to tell me that your son is a potential armed robber who has been looking to potentially raid my house, would I just enter it my diary or would I make some tougher security arrangements? The mere fact that you are his father and was willing to report your own son makes me take it a lot more seriously.
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by jaybee3(m): 1:17pm On Dec 29, 2009
femfem2000:

Bluetooth, I appreciate your response. If a Father was willing to shop his own son for being a potential terrorist that should raise the seriousness of the issue to any good security agent. Most parent of potential terrorists do not report their own children and the security agencies know this. Hence, for a father to report his own son and then the security agency of the US put the boy on a lowrisk list and grant him a VISA is biggest conspiracy theory I've heard. It just doesn't add up.
If you as a father come to me to tell me that your son is a potential armed robber who has been looking to potentially raid my house, would I just enter it my diary or would I make some tougher security arrangements? The mere fact that you are his father and was willing to report your own son makes me take it a lot more seriously.
r u seriously dis dumb or plain ignorant?
the dude got his multiple entry VISA in the UK and the dad reported him 2 months ago due to the alarming intel they had at the time.
Is that seriously hard to decipher?
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by MrCrackles(m): 1:23pm On Dec 29, 2009
jay bee:

the dude got his multiple entry VISA in the UK and the dad reported him 2 months ago due to the alarming intel they had at the time.
Stop wasting your time trying to school fuc.ktards. . .They will never learn
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 29, 2009
Femfem2000
here's a simple analysis what happened

-mr mutallab sent his son to school abroad.
-father noticed extrimism and radical behaviour in child
-son lost contact with family in order to further his extremist knowledge and cause which will later result in bombing of an airplane on dec 25,2009
-father reported case to the US authority which they confirmed and possibly the nigeria police,the sss which i believed they have the case on record
-on 25 dec,2009,the boy attempted to blow up a plane.
In the spirit of fairness, will you say the man has not tried enough.
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by Sagamite(m): 1:25pm On Dec 29, 2009
jay bee:

Honestly, I carburetor for this guy, no be tire I tire for am.
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 29, 2009
Carburetor ke? Lwkmd
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by femfem2000: 1:33pm On Dec 29, 2009
Bluetooth, thanks for the constructive response. In the press release on the other post, they stated quite clearly that the change in a behaviour was 'very recent'. So if a son has been expressing radical views in just the last few months, I am just questioning how a father would then quickly report his son just like that.

I don't mind him reporting that the son was missing but any father hoping that his son would change (especially after just a few month of wierd behaviour/views) wouldn't be quick to label him as a potential terrorist.

Just playing advocate.
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by Jarus(m): 1:43pm On Dec 29, 2009
The poster obviously knows nothing about the situation before making that post. Hasn't he read that US authorities have also confirmed that his father reported him?

Knowing what a close person can do is no brainer. It is very easy. From the type of statements that come out of somebody's mouth, you can know what he can do. Probably, within the household, the son has been uttering serious anti-US statements like 'If I see Bush, I can kill him. . . .serious infidel, killer etc' ,praising known terrorists and expressing support for them, reading books that encourage terrorisme etc. There are several other ways of knowing the extent of what somebody can do due to his hatred for a people/policy.

Maybe Farouk had been uttering such statements and passionately acting in ways that show that he can do anything out of his hatred for US.

Having observed the ideology his son harbours, it is therefore easy for the older Muttalab to know what his son can do, and this might have informed his reporting to the authorities to forestall it. The father, I think, is not culpable, except we want him to shoot his son.

The poster's argument, to me, hold no water.
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by femfem2000: 1:56pm On Dec 29, 2009
Why was a guy filming Mutallab on the flight? How did he get on the plane without a passport?

Listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQEdjByyFew
Listen Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhTVQp-r_Vw

BOMBSHELL: Evidence Clearly Indicates Staged Attack on Detroit Flight (Watch CNN Video on page As Well)
http://www.prisonplanet.com/bombshell-evidence-clearly-indicates-staged-attack-on-detroit-flight.html

Ron Paul Says Agenda Behind Bombing Incident Is More War, More Attacks On Liberty (Watch Video As Well)
http://www.prisonplanet.com/ron-paul-says-agenda-behind-bombing-incident-is-more-war-more-attacks-on-liberty.html

Questions? Questions?
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by Sagamite(m): 2:24pm On Dec 29, 2009
femfem2000:

Why was a guy filming Mutallab on the flight? How did he get on the plane without a passport?

Listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQEdjByyFew
Listen Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhTVQp-r_Vw

BOMBSHELL: Evidence Clearly Indicates Staged Attack on Detroit Flight (Watch CNN Video on page As Well)
http://www.prisonplanet.com/bombshell-evidence-clearly-indicates-staged-attack-on-detroit-flight.html

Ron Paul Says Agenda Behind Bombing Incident Is More War, More Attacks On Liberty (Watch Video As Well)
http://www.prisonplanet.com/ron-paul-says-agenda-behind-bombing-incident-is-more-war-more-attacks-on-liberty.html

Questions? Questions?

You continue to reveal your IMMMMMEEEEENSE daftness.

So it is the opinion and report of a known conspiracy theorist you are taking for its word?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Jones_(radio_host)

Did something not click in your head that this guy is dodgy when you saw the display pix, tonation and style of the report on youtube?

MATE, I am not JOKING. I am not INSULTING YOU. You are very, very, very DAFT!

Give someone else power of attorney over your affairs, to make decisions for you, before you do something silly.
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by rethink: 2:54pm On Dec 29, 2009
@Sagamite

This is what gave birth to minds like Abdul Farouk. Some people think that we are ROBOTS, Once we are born as Yoruba or Igbo Or hausa We are just programmed to behave like they we are HOPED to Behave.

SOME PEOPLE BELIEVED THAT WE LIKED ENJOYMENT AND I CAN HEAR IN THE HEADS OF PEOPLE SAY THEY WERE SURPRISED THAT WE NIGERIANS LIKE ENJOYMENT, WHAT DO THEY MEAN BY ENJOYMENT. WE HATE EACH OTHERS TO HELL AND WE CLAIM WE LIKE OURSELVES? WHO DO YOU ENJOY WITH? CAN YOU ALLOW A HAUSA DOCTOR TREAT YOU? WE HAVE BUILT GATES AS THOUGH WE LIVE IN ENCLAVES. THERE IS TRIBAL APRATHEID IN NIGERIA THE HATRED MOST STOP NOW. LET THE MODERATORS ON NAIRALAND BEGIN TO WEED OUT HATE MESSAGES.

Just look at the Stereotypes we have below

In Nigeria if you are Rich You stole money, you are a drug dealer or you are a 419er
In Nigeria if you are Hausa and rich (even worse) You are illiterate a social misfit and your father and all your Generation caused the poverty in Nigeria.

The same people that have never cared for 1 nigerian before will shout Profiling when you search them at airports. Greatness starts from Home if you dont respect your brother no one will respect you because there is no proof that you are not 2 of the same kind.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by Sagamite(m): 4:51pm On Dec 29, 2009
Unfortunately, fools like this are giving responsibilities at work as it is hard to always do comprehensive and objective assessment of capability. That is why we always see major Bleep ups in the world.

In an ideal world, this guy would not be allowed to have any responsibility. He would be put in a home and catered for.
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by SapeleGuy: 4:59pm On Dec 29, 2009
I can't help thinking that Mutallab senior is merely exonerating himself of any blame. 
The father 'suspected' that something like this would happen, so the question to ask is who could have arrested him easiest?

I know several parents who have had their own children arrested in Nigeria. I refuse to believe that Mutallab senior with all the financial resources at his disposal could not do this. Something is fishy.
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by Sagamite(m): 5:23pm On Dec 29, 2009
SapeleGuy:

I can't help thinking that Mutallab senior is merely exonerating himself of any blame. 
The father 'suspected' that something like this would happen, so the question to ask is who could have arrested him easiest?

I know several parents who have had their own children arrested in Nigeria. I refuse to believe that Mutallab senior with all the financial resources at his disposal could not do this. Something is fishy.

Please explain to me how YOU would arrest a child that has disappeared ABROAD?

Please include in your explanation, whilst you are at it, the part of law or constitution that confers on you the right to arrest someone that has not commited any crime based on your gut feeling they might.

Once you do, I will pass you air freshner to remove the eja dindin (fried fish) that you are smelling.
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by SapeleGuy: 6:01pm On Dec 29, 2009
^^^ Don't worry I will cook stew with the fried fish. that does not detract from the man's story is cock and bull.
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by Sagamite(m): 6:07pm On Dec 29, 2009
SapeleGuy:

^^^ Don't worry I will cook stew with the fried fish. that does not detract from the man's story is cock and bull.

DHL a bit to me, I go chop.
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by DRANOEL(m): 6:09pm On Dec 29, 2009
@poster

since you are so dumb why not just stick your head in a bucket of s.hit
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by Skidoc(m): 12:46am On Dec 30, 2009
Can people not read? Ok, let me re-post it here for you.
US authorities have confirmed that Mutallab Snr did report his son.
Could it be the English Language that you don't understand?
Yoruba Translation: Awon Amerika ti jeri si wipe Baba Umar Mutallab fi ejo omo e sun won lotito!
Please who can translate the sentence to Igbo and Hausa because it seems like some people are so clueless! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by TheSly: 12:56am On Dec 30, 2009
Sagamite:

Two mo-rons.

Your dead brains assume everyman behaves alike.

So the US authorities are colluding when they confirmed he warned them?

Toilet analysis from foools.
cheesy grin cheesy. . . . cheesy grin cheesy

jay bee:

cheesy grin cheesy. . . . cheesy grin cheesy

DRANOEL:

@poster

since you are so dumb why not just stick your head in a bucket of s.hit

cheesy grin cheesy. . . . . cheesy grin cheesy

Skidoc:

Can people not read? Ok, let me re-post it here for you.
US authorities have confirmed that Mutallab Snr did report his son.
Could it be the English Language that you don't understand?
Yoruba Translation: Awon Amerika ti jeri si wipe Baba Umar Mutallab fi ejo omo e sun won lotito!

Please who can translate the sentence to Igbo and Hausa because it seems like some people are so clueless! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Wooooooooooza!!!!! cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Mutallab: Are We Really Meant To Believe A Father Would Report His Own Son! by tracy56(f): 3:50am On Dec 30, 2009
poster , i agree with the others that called u and ur fellows daft and stupid, get more info from reliable sources , u indeed a low brain person
i dont think u can handle ur home decisions ,

(1) (Reply)

Yaradua Not With Us - King Faisal Hospital / Just An Observation: Hausa Are Taking The Flak For Fulani Misdemeanours / Alert:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.