Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? (32811 Views)

This Little Girl Got Married In Northern Nigeria (Unconfirmed) / Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand / I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by spikedcylinder: 7:31pm On Dec 30, 2009
So what happens to people who are unable to get married at the 'right' ages? Burn them at the stake?
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by Orestik(f): 7:45pm On Dec 30, 2009
55 for females, 19 for guys grin tongue grin wink
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by samnaija: 9:31pm On Dec 30, 2009
late marriages 4 femles bad move 30 upwards, very risky especially in child birth, numerous complication down syndrome, cerebral palsy, autism this could be present in a baby born from woman in her thirties.mostly because of age not being on the mums side, the qualities of their ovaries is not as what it was in their prime (21-25 yrs). also many cases of miscarriages and of cause gradual menopause. it doesnt mean all women that are 30 will go through all this, but its safer to marry and give birth earler,
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by Redman44(m): 9:34pm On Dec 30, 2009
This marriage issue sef sad sad From what I've seen couples go through in Nigeria, Marraige is not easy o. Anyway, I'm in tandem with God concerning my future partner. I just can't get married to anybody like that. She has to share my vision and dreams. And I wonder why that pastor is harrasing me concerning marriage cry cry God knows what I'm up to, Pastor. Cheers.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by mikelangs(m): 9:42pm On Dec 30, 2009
Guys lets be very frank with ourselves. we All know that Nigeria or àfrica is not like in the old days when our father got married at 18 married thir wives at some 15, 18, and 19. Then there were no economic crisis, at least ood dey dat time. who born any guy or chick in his early 20's say dem wan marry when dem never hammer. Abeg buss off,
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by r231(m): 9:53pm On Dec 30, 2009
spikedcylinder:

So what happens to people who are unable to get married at the 'right' ages? Burn them at the stake?

i wonder o
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by dogzymallo: 10:48pm On Dec 30, 2009
well there is no time limit for marriage whenever ure ready is ure time am 31 my girlfriend is 21 and am planing on marrying her 2011 so when ure ready is ure time even at 40
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by YME4(m): 11:42pm On Dec 30, 2009
slimes:

Population control is out of the issue here. Have you heard of AIDS, Accident, Natural disasters, conflict, e.t.c.? All these can reduce a country's population by more than half. Marriage is good but common sense must be applied into it. More like being friends before lovers.

Friends, then lovers, always works. But be careful not to feel obliged.

Anyway, to the topic of the day. All this maturity nonsense sorry. You guys are giving the idonkia folks here d go ahead to be un-accountable. If you grow up in a well respected home and train yourself plus the one your parents gave you. I don't see why anybody should not be "matured" enough to get married at say 25 for women. It all boils down to how responsible you have been and how you have set your priorities. You can only get off my hook of irresponsible folks; if you had a natural disaster or was a victim of something that disorientated or had a bad impact on your life. Other than that, Not matured at 25, COW DUNG!!
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by slimes(m): 11:48pm On Dec 30, 2009
Y.M.E:

Friends, then lovers, always works. But be careful not to feel obliged.

Anyway, to the topic of the day. All this maturity nonsense sorry. You guys are giving the idonkia folks here d go ahead to be un-accountable. If you grow up in a well respected home and train yourself plus the one your parents gave you. I don't see why anybody should not be "matured" enough to get married at say 25 for women. It all boils down to how responsible you have been and how you have set your priorities. You can only get off my hook of irresponsibility folks; if you had a natural disaster or was a victim of something that disorientated or had a bad impact on your life. Other than that, Not matured at 25, COW DUNK!!

Not matured yet so what has the parents being teaching him/her all this while, perhaps nothing.
[/quote][quote]
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by Rmc1(m): 12:13am On Dec 31, 2009
The earlier the marriage age the bettter 4 the couple for men 24-32 and for the ladies 20- 28 is  the clasissics.
scientifically, a womans expiery date starts at 35years because, any woman who is pregnant after 35years of age stands the chance of giving birth to crippled /disabled kids thats why in advanced countries a pregnant woman above 35years is always adviced to do test to see if the embreayo is going to be a heathy child or a cripple /disabled kid. ask ya doctor!!
so girls huurry up time is not on ya side.   kiss kiss
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by nana(f): 2:15am On Dec 31, 2009
Marriage - Long thing!
I personally don't see myself getting married in 3-4 yrs. Left to me,I would love to stay out of the marriage scene. I have a friend who is 23,getting married next week.Her boyfriend is 25. Also,a cousin of mine who just clocked 30 got married a few weeks ago. If u feel u are emotionally capable or matured enough to get married,go for it. If not,dont rush into it because of what people are saying cos when the trouble starts,they won't be there.

1 Like

Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by msb247(m): 2:44am On Dec 31, 2009
A tad late for females but okay for males
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by TOPE20001(f): 2:51am On Dec 31, 2009
women - 25-30 and 30 been latest tongue
men - 27 n above cheesy
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by supereagle(m): 4:57am On Dec 31, 2009
By the time a woman get to 30yrs, she starts declining in fertility.Some may still be producing eggs, albeit , unfertile eggs. It is late for woman to marry at 30yrs, there are other associated risks of pregnancy at that age.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by busoye19: 5:11am On Dec 31, 2009
Marriage is not for old boys. But, matured young men. To be able to sustain your marriage, you must be ready both mental and physical. What it takes is readiness.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by BOUNTYDOG(m): 10:20am On Dec 31, 2009
25,30 FOR Men abi
18- 27 for Women
how many of these posters have exceeded these age and was lucky enough to make it at the said time?
well as for me i miss the bus ,though not my fault
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by pak: 11:12am On Dec 31, 2009
busoye19:

Marriage is not for old boys. But, matured young men. To be able to sustain your marriage, you must be ready both mental and physical. What it takes is readiness.

If you are not matured by 25, you will never be matured, even if you live to be 250.

If you are not 'physical ready' for marriage by 14, another word for it is impotence, see your doctor.

If you are not mentally ready , its because you've not been giving it much of a thought and obviously dont see it as a priority.

All these are excuses. I am not married and am well over 25 and but I wont delude myself about reality the way many ppl on this thread are going about it. 'Its not the end of the world - Sour grapes'

The truth is your marriage is one of your most important assignments (unless of course , you are a reverend father which is topic for another day). You family is your first ministry and the earlier you begin to take the issue serious the better it is for you. This goes to both Male and female (but especially the women for obvious reasons). I'll recall the earlier post of a wise nairalander for emphasis sake and in case of those who missed it

samnaija:

late marriages 4 femles bad move 30 upwards, very risky especially in child birth, numerous complication down syndrome, cerebral palsy, autism this could be present in a baby born from woman in her thirties.mostly because of age not being on the mums side, the qualities of their ovaries is not as what it was in their prime (21-25 yrs). also many cases of miscarriages and of cause gradual menopause. it doesnt mean all women that are 30 will go through all this, but its safer to marry and give birth earler,

I think too much watching of Oprah has began to affect many in our generation.
Imagine a Lady who insist on not getting married until she finishes her masters (though I know many dont see anything odd in that but you obviously need a to take a course on priorities and setting life goals).

Sometimes (no offence intended) but I think there are a lot of kids up on this thread who really understand little bout life.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by spikedcylinder: 11:16am On Dec 31, 2009
pak:

If you are not matured by 25, you will never be matured, even if you live to be 250.

If you are not 'physical ready' for marriage by 14, another word for it is impotence, see your doctor.

If you are not mentally ready , its because you've not been giving it much of a thought and obviously dont see it as a priority.

All these are excuses. I am not married and am well over 25 and but I wont delude myself about reality the way many ppl on this thread are going about it. 'Its not the end of the world - Sour grapes'

The truth is your marriage is one of your most important assignments (unless of course , you are a reverend father which is topic for another day). You family is your first ministry and the earlier you begin to take the issue serious the better it is for you. This goes to both Male and female (but especially the women for obvious reasons). I'll recall the earlier post of a wise nairalander for emphasis sake and in case of those who missed it

I think too much watching of Oprah has began to affect many in our generation.
Imagine a Lady who insist on not getting married until she finishes her masters (though I know many dont see anything odd in that but you obviously need a to take a course on priorities and setting life goals).

Sometimes (no offence intended) but I think there are a lot of kids up on this thread who really understand little bout life.

spikedcylinder:

Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by GeorgeD1(m): 11:30am On Dec 31, 2009
if you're 30 and a lady and yet to get married, be careful oooo! day don dey dark you small small be dat oooo! shocked
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by pak: 12:02pm On Dec 31, 2009
Quote from: spikedcylinder on Yesterday at 07:31:33 PM

Nope Spike,

You are not getting my point.

At least, the first step is to admit that there is a right age range w/out inverted commas, even if you are not able to achieve it at that time.

let me make a little analogy that might not apply in every sense but at least from an angle.

a boy/girl fails to gain admission at a certain age, that should not cause him to

1. Stop tryin, knowing especially that He's gettin behind time.
2. Just wish it away/make it lseem less important with the mentality of 'everybody's time is different, no time is too late'.
3. Fail to Realise that some opportunities when missed can never be got back (or will be come very difficult)
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by GeorgeD1(m): 12:19pm On Dec 31, 2009
well said pak.

e.g: married at 35, first child at 36 or 37. second at 39 or 40. third at 42 or 43. fourth at 45 or 46! yepa!!!!! at normal retirement age of 55yrs guess how old your last born will be? 9 yrs old!  shocked who said age doesn't matter?! think again!  grin
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by chocomillo(f): 12:22pm On Dec 31, 2009
George_D:

if you're 30 and a lady and yet to get married, be careful oooo! day don dey dark you small small be dat oooo! shocked
Fact smiley
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by obas11: 12:40pm On Dec 31, 2009
first of all cocomillo am realy trilled by ur instints and i fell gettin married to the right person is more important and d so called early or late marriage, early marriage with with education fine, early without education is a nite mare, thnx
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by obas11: 12:49pm On Dec 31, 2009
every delay is an opportunity. if a woman gets married at the age of 30 and gives birth 2 d first child at 31, the second at 32, if fell its not bad if d woman is strong and established, besides success might delay some one of early marriage
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by YME4(m): 12:49pm On Dec 31, 2009
The problem with Most African women now is too much Western Copy Copy. These people don't have culture and most of their authorities don't believe in God. So they come up with all this brainwash for the fools who are willing to follow. God forbid that I am devalueing women or whatever you modern people call what I am about to say nowadays. A WOMAN IS NEVER FULFILLED WITHOUT A HOME AND A FAMILY OF HER OWN. A woman's first ministry is to a man and for that purpose, according to the bible, a woman was made. For company to the man, as a helping hand, to be as a Clutch to the man as though he were missing a leg. Any woman that is offended by what I am saying now, has no sense of identity or purpose and I am not apologising for that statement. I couldn't live without a woman - MY WOMAN. If I could, God would not have made her; for two are better than one and if two shall agree as touching one thing. That, shall be established.

In my opinion, as soon as a woman turns 18, pray and TRY to keep yourself for your man. Of course, you can't just sit and do nothing. So you equip yourself, go to school and so on whilst being mindful of your purpose. Getting sidetracked and seeking Guccis, Bentleys and all what not are idiocracy because those will always come later. The one the modern woman dreads to hear, Women were not made to be kings. So all this position seeking WITHOUT A HUSBAND will only give you a life of anguish and sadness. It's like a butterfly trying to rule the jungle, with Lions in it. And I do not mean any disrespect with that statement because what most people fail to understand is that a lion cannot survive the jungle on its own. Take for instance, the fingers. Not all are eqaul, yet none is greater, but each unequivocally and unsubstitutably useful so to speak according to its capacity and purpose.

Tell me in all sincerity that Oprah is happy and I will jump out of the window but that is another day's topic.
Don't get me wrong, The proverbs 31 woman was all that most women want to be nowadays. But most importantly and first of all, she was married.

A woman's worth, , I could fill every inch  of the surface of the earth writing about that. But in one sentence, , GOD'S GIFT TO MAN; HER PRICE IS FAR BEYOND RUBBIES.

Any woman giving excuses for not being able to settle down much after 25 or pushing it for self reasons can easily take solace in the doctrines of the OPRAHs and forget marriage altogether which would be as like a curse.

Bottomline, get married as early after 21 as you can. Unless as I always say, life has dealt you a bad blow. But please don't fool yourself by counting your aristo days as a bad blow.

God help us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by Connoisseur(m): 12:54pm On Dec 31, 2009
I think the issue is hw ready re u? The age thing shouldnt be the focal point cos most ppl mature faster(emotionally & otherwise) than some others
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by obas11: 12:56pm On Dec 31, 2009
im fell am a stranger here let mi re-introduce my self, name-obas, location-delta state, age-23 am seekin addmission for imt enugu, pls evry one relate with mi freely                        thnx
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by YME4(m): 12:59pm On Dec 31, 2009
@ poster, it's never too late. But make I ask. If you don reach 30, wetin you come dey do since now? Abi life deal u bad blow? Anyway, better late than never.

My earlier comments were for the younger generation.

God help us.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by GeorgeD1(m): 1:35pm On Dec 31, 2009
yme, please lets forget this bad blow talk. most ladies still single at 30 are single not because life dealt them a 'bad blow' but because they got caught in the greener grass syndrome. if you did deep into their history, you'll find most have been rejecting earlier suitors serious in marriage with hope that a better offer will turn up. unfortunately when they least expect, the steady stream of suitors begin to fade and they're caught in the lurch.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by YME4(m): 1:44pm On Dec 31, 2009
George_D:

yme, please lets forget this bad blow talk. most ladies still single at 30 are single not because life dealt them a 'bad blow' but because they got caught in the greener grass syndrome. if you did deep into their history, you'll find most have been rejecting earlier suitors serious in marriage with hope that a better offer will turn up. unfortunately when they least expect, the steady stream of suitors begin to fade and they're caught in the lurch.

If you notice George, I made mention of self reason which your point would come under; and not bad blow. My reference to bad blow is something catastrophic, something they couldn't control that befell them, so to speak, Life happens.

Childish day-dreaming and chasing birds, hoping for Danzel is of their making.

God help us
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by cecegirl: 2:57pm On Dec 31, 2009

If you notice George, I made mention of self reason which your point would come under; and not bad blow. My reference to bad blow is something catastrophic, something they couldn't control that befell them, so to speak, Life happens.

Childish day-dreaming and chasing birds, hoping for Danzel is of their making.

God help us
@George you cant just accept any suitor that comes ur way. If the guy is not a christian or doesnt put God first. Forget him. I dont see that are being picky.
@ YME no i havent reached 30 yet. i am still in my mid to late twenties. my own situation is something i cant control. Just havent been lucky to find the right guy and i refused to be treated like crap. I refused to be in an abusive relationship just for the sake of being married.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

He Said He Doesn't Feel That Connection Between Us / My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian / It's My 16th Wedding Anniversary, 16 Years Since I Married My Best Friend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.