Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? (32739 Views)

This Little Girl Got Married In Northern Nigeria (Unconfirmed) / Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand / I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by ds700(m): 10:47pm On Sep 09, 2010
Seeking for such an advice from a quiet old single folk,

HE/SHE WILL CERTAIN ADVICE YOU NOT TO RUSH INTO MARRIAGE,

Who told you that am rushing by marrying @ the rite age?

Or it is when you wait till no one in interested in you, that you end up accepting any possible chance that it became prudence?

Who then is rushing, ?
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by GeorgeD1(m): 11:58am On Sep 11, 2010
anybody who watched cnn yesterday will understand what we're talking about here.
now in china men and women in thier late thirties and above have resulted to posting pictures
of themselves all over the place in a desperate bid to attract interested mates. there, they
have a name for those type of singles: the left over men or women! grin
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by spicyhoney(f): 9:02pm On Sep 12, 2010
lol at the left over men or women
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by younme1: 9:47pm On Sep 12, 2010
For the ladies 25 - 30
For the guys 30 - 40
so you can grow old together
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by favouredjb(f): 11:48am On Sep 16, 2010
For ladies,23-28
Guys,30-35

With prayers,focus and submissiont to d will of God it can happen,I agree with goerge d,my father always tell us his female children,dt after ur first degree,there's nothing else u want to achieve int his world dt u can't,in ur husband's house,if na phd o,go do am for him house.

My eldest sis is a living example,highly successful n all,pursued so many thing academically n career wise and at d same time having children.Of course with a supportive and understanding husband.the reason wwhy I said all this is cos of some of us ladies that blve they av to achieve everything before getting married.and at the same time am not saying anybody should rush into marriage,but thereks time for everytin.

Like d yorubas will say,"if its time for a child to av a hoe,he should have it"
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by bigboyslim(m): 7:34pm On Sep 16, 2010
favouredjb:

For ladies,23-28
Guys,30-35

With prayers,focus and submissiont to d will of God it can happen,I agree with goerge d,my father always tell us his female children,dt after your first degree,there's nothing else u want to achieve int his world dt u can't,in your husband's house,if na phd o,go do am for him house.

My eldest sis is a living example,highly successful n all,pursued so many thing academically n career wise and at d same time having children.Of course with a supportive and understanding husband.the reason wwhy I said all this is cos of some of us ladies that blve they av to achieve everything before getting married.and at the same time am not saying anybody should rush into marriage,but thereks time for everytin.

Like d yorubas will say,"if its time for a child to av a hoe,he should have it"

did yoruba people really say if it's time for a child to have a "hoe" (pros.titute), he should have it?
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by zayhal(f): 8:05pm On Sep 16, 2010
'Hoe' means a tool fo farming, not w.h.o.r.e.

@topic

The earlier a woman gets married the better for her and her kids. Women who have children at older ages put those children t risks of certain diseases e.g downs syndrome.

I think 21-26 is ok for females
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by jeebeewell: 11:47am On Sep 17, 2010
But why all these allegations about Naija pressurizing the women folks to get marry.
Every woman has a choice either to get marry or stay on married.
The biological clock is what is pressurizing these women and this thing is obtainable all over the world.
There is no law that says marriage is a must in Nigeria.
It is just man's fulfilment of creation obligation.
YOU GUYS SHOULD STOP LAYING DIRTY ALLEGATION AGAINST NIGERIA
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by GeorgeD1(m): 5:09pm On Sep 18, 2010
jeebeewell,
no  mind nollywood and all those their archaic forced marriage stereotypes!

i think they're mostly responsible for peddling such false impression.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by favouredjb(f): 5:12pm On Sep 18, 2010
@zayhal,may God almighty bless u
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by GeorgeD1(m): 8:40am On Sep 28, 2010
favour,
why not bless me too? undecided
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by favouredjb(f): 12:35am On Sep 29, 2010
Lol!george u re blessed already,oya receive more blessings!
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:00pm On Sep 29, 2010
i recieve it ooo! there's nothing like too much blessing ooooo!  smiley
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by nyxus(m): 9:04pm On Feb 02, 2012
MENOPAUSE (35 and above)
FIBRIOD (the womb must nurse something)
Guys when is it that we active the most: between 23-29 this is when we have the best strength to have the best Sex, at 30 we are off form, we can only try 20's is the time we set the records . Memories sometimes heal wounds, So when u remember we were once sweet u tell us stories we wanna cry and it helps changing beside there nothing wrong with being immature when u can grow together. Love is sweet!!! When there is love, AGE is Nothing
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by jollyluv(f): 1:29pm On Feb 10, 2012
In my opinion, no one should feel forced to marriage. It doesn't really matter for guys unless it is too late like in their late 40's. But ladies should watch out for their ages, don't forget there is menopause!!! yes that is one of the things that rushes us to marriage.

i know ladies who got married in their 30's n gave birth. but it is not always d case. so i say, for ladies it should not pass 33 at least, n 4 guys max @ 38.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by Agnesqueen(f): 6:46pm On Feb 11, 2012
I know a Nigerian that had her last child at 38. I think the reason that many women are having infertility problems in Nigeria is either poor health practices or previous (multiple) abortions. That is a big issue there with young college age children. Get married when you are ready like the poster above me says and if you want children that bad and you are married when you can no longer have a child, then adopt a child. Do not bring a child into a bad relationship and hurt their whole perspective on the opposite sex because you and your spouse cannot get along.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by iiiyyyk(m): 3:58am On Feb 12, 2012
The benefits of early marriage far out weights its disadvantage. 21-28 for girls and 28-32 guys.

i feel horrible when i see old parents still struggling to train children after they have retired from service and active business.

Marriage dont break because of age, it break cos of the motivation to marriage.

once it is built on love and fear of God, not riches, fame and societal status. it will succeed.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by oluks05: 8:40am On Feb 12, 2012
@iiiyyk, that makes alot of sense!
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by GeorgeD1(m): 8:59am On Feb 16, 2012
dated topic but all the same i agree with iiiyyyk.

better to marry early and have time to train your children.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by Omofranca(f): 1:29am On Feb 17, 2012
Don't agree. Believe it's better to marry at a more mature age to a worthy partner than to marry young because of pressure and afterwards suffer years of abuse and regret. There will still be time enough to have and train the children.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by mutter(f): 9:01am On Feb 17, 2012
I had three kids after the age of 40 and it was no problem.My last with 45.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by queensmith: 12:55pm On Feb 17, 2012
hmmmmm imo no i don't think so. whats the difference? 5 years? that doesnt seem like much to me.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by naijaswag1: 11:48pm On Sep 03, 2013
One reasonable submission was the guy that said something about left over men and woman in China who refused to get married early and are now desperate for companionship. At 30, in our culture (not just in our culture alone), a woman is considered old.

What's a woman still doing as a single lady at 30 years old. At that point, you will even get little or no attention from men. At 30 a woman is at most gainfully employed and many men will go after her wealth.

At 30, a woman's beauty that is naturally meant to make her appealing for marriage is highly deprecated. You become a burden and a victim of many prayer homes and prophets. It's then you start looking for husband instead of the reverse.

The issue of menopause is another factor.

It's not surprising that many girls on this thread wants to stay as old as Rita Dominic before getting married, it's the influence of the crazy world we live in (someone calls it end time things). Girls don't want to be deprived pf their freedom of sleeping with men of their choice. They feel marriage is imprisonment. they want celebrity and paparazzi life even when they are nobody.

Keep waiting until you are 35, then you can become Chris Ojigbani's members keeping tabs on all the marriage programmes he holds around the world.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by Miraclebaby1109: 3:16pm On Sep 04, 2013
U are amazing, U just killed it.
Princek12: It just amazes me how some people like to rush to make a lifetime commitment. If you ponder about the intensity and the seriousness of marriage, in that you are stuck with your partner for the rest of your life, and you do intend to do so, you will not be creating a timetable for yourself. Bottom line, get married when you find the right person, someone you love and cherish, with the feeling reciprocated. And hey, for some people, it happens before 30; for others, it happens after 30; and for some people, it happens in their late 30s.

God blesses everyone at different periods in their lives, and God's time is the best. I would prefer to be single rather than being miserably married. It is not a joke to rush into a marriage (because you are "trying to marry before 30"wink to someone you do not love, and it is definitely not a joke to live with someone you don't like everyday.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by MOWUMI12: 8:47pm On Feb 25, 2015
MARRIAGE ONLY GOD DETERMINES. Some of d ladies that did nt get married late al ve their story. No lady wil be api getting married late
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by 77star: 12:08pm On Sep 30, 2021
Ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Husband Subjects Me To Marathon Sex For Ritual, Woman Tells Court / Help! My Wife Is Suddenly Too Violent / Lebanese Kids Cry In Airport As Their Kenyan Nanny Leaves (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.