Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,069 members, 7,849,331 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:42 PM

Saving Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saving Nigeria (4902 Views)

Jonathan Was Not Interested In Saving Nigeria’s Resources – Okonjo-iweala / Saving Nigeria.. A 25 State Structure / Obasanjo,buhari, Babangida:nigeria Expendables Saving Nigeria Since 1960s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saving Nigeria by citizenY(m): 12:12am On Dec 30, 2009
@Emperor,

Come home and start today. Where do you wan us to arrange your crowning ceremony.

Emperor Bokassa incarnate shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Saving Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 12:13am On Dec 30, 2009
GL:

@ EmperorOlu,
your idea sounds good except it looks like something that could lead to apartheid and i don't think nigerians would vote for such a plan. yes, south africa is better off because the whites were in charge. but the blacks were slaves in their own country and even today many of them feel inferior to the whites. i know u r nigerian but u must have missed out on d proud gene. it's not just ibos, most of us would rather be poor freemen than rich slaves.

You have misinterpreted my comments, I did not say whites should come and rule us ,I am saying whites should come and serve us and our nation.

This whites will be government employees not rulers, that is why I intend to changed the state title. Allow me to give you a quick summary

Lagos state =    Eko province
State Government =    Eko Provincial Management Council
(Elected )State Governor =    (Hired) Provincial Director
(Appointed)State Commissioners =    (Hired)Provincial Managers
(Elected)Local govt chairman =    (Hired)District Managers

Please note that all these individuals have people who work under them. What I am saying I will do is hire COMPETENT whites with experience to hold these top positions and hire qualified Nigerians to work under them and learn nation building and nation management skills from them. The option of whites holding these managerial positions is just a temporary measure to stem out corruption from government and to develop the managerial skills of the young graduates who will be working under these mangers. The hired whites will be mandated to train their workers and transfer their wealth of knowledge to them.

Let me give you an example ,imagine if I hire Donald trump to head our Department of housing and to teach Nigerians how to develop the Nigerian property market and quality low maintenance residential estates, is that such a BAD thing. Let us be honest with ourselves, we need help and a professional one for that matter. You guys keep talking about mind set ,how do you change the mind set of a hungry Nigerian when there is no food in is belly. Do you think that you can stop a broke police officer who needs to pay his son’s school fees from taking a bribe when the government has not paid his salary for the past 6 months.

An hungry man is angry ,my method may annoy some of you but you need to think about what I am trying to achieve here. Trust me if you put white managers in key departments in Nigeria ,other rich whites will want to invest in Nigeria. That is what they have done in Saudi Arabia ,UAE ,Kuwait and Oman. Investors do not trust Nigerian government officials because of our corrupt nature. If you overhaul the Nigerian government structure and hire whites; whites trust each other and they will be willing to come to Nigeria and create much needed jobs because they know their investments are safe as long as they are being managed by credible foreign managers. It does not mean that they will take over Nigeria. We will be controlling the whites not the whites controlling us and they we will creating jobs at  the same time. Just think about what I am trying to achieve, the end justifies the means. Remember that I am still in command of the Armed forces so there is no way the whites can take over if that is your fear besides they are employees not elected officials.

My priorities is to make Nigerians happy, if Nigerians are happy they won’t care who is in power. Take a look at Libya ,the man has been in power for decades but his people love him because he takes good care of them ,there is abundant food and jobs in Libya a desert country. The same with Dubai and Saudi Arabia, the same with Canada. Do you know that Canada has a lot of foreign workers working in their government department especially from Ghana and Sierra Leone. Look at the USA thay elected a Kenyan to rule them because they want a better life. What you should worry about is kicking out corruption and having leaders that deliver. Ain’t you guys tired of this Nigerian run govt that steal billions like they are stealing peanuts/ Common guys let us tell our selves the truth and stop hiding behind sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Saving Nigeria by oderemo(m): 12:20am On Dec 30, 2009
@emperorolu,
can you answer these questions, do you know whats happening in Lagos state? how do you think they are managing to do it?
Re: Saving Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 12:22am On Dec 30, 2009
citizenY:

@Emperor,

Come home and start today. Where do you wan us to arrange your crowning ceremony.

Emperor Bokassa incarnate shocked shocked shocked shocked

If you don’t have any intelligent comment to make please stay away from this topic, we are here to rub minds about issues that concern our beloved country. If Nigeria is a joke to you then please stay out of this forum.

It is people like you who have their heads way up their axx to stand up for their rights who have allowed these bunch of thieving monkeys to run our country into the ground. When ever we are discussing solution to our problems, shallow minded punks like you will come here and make dumb jokes.

At least i am honest about my intentions ,everyone knows what they are in store if i ever get into power.Honesty is the first key to good governance.Tell your people what is on your mind and let them know what your real intentions are.That is better than kicking them around like Maradonna for 9 years.

1 Like

Re: Saving Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 12:42am On Dec 30, 2009
ode remo:

can you answer these questions, do you know whats happening in Lagos state? how do you think they are managing to do it?

While i must admit that Governor fashola is doing a fantastic Job in Lagos it is no big deal to me.I believe you are a Yoruba like me so you will understand when i say : Igbayi laro

I hope i spelt that right. What fashola is doing is what should have been done a long time ago and if you compare to world standards Lagos is still developing at a slow rate. I also find a lot of holes and lack of planning foresight in some of Mr fashola's development like the way the eko Atlantic city is not eco friendly.

Everywhere on the plan of the Eco Atlantic city is full of cement and cement based garden ,there are no parks or eco centres to meet with current environmental standards,There are also no mention of how wate will be disposed of and how flood will be drain from the city without causing environmental pollution to the nereby ocean. To make matters worse ,he intends to award all construction project to JUILUS BERGER, Common Guys ! ,we are not silly. JULIUS BERGER is one of the most corrupt companies in Nigeria ,Nigerian politicians have been using that company to launder money abroad since the 1960s.Why can't he look for one the contruction companies in dubai who have a good reputaion to come and and build the city?

Fashola is doing a good job but he is not 100% clean, I have been monitoring everything he has done and while he has contributed to Lagos a lot ,there are a lot of inflated figures in the contracts awarded which reeks of underground corruption. Fashola is very intelligent and he knows how to cover his tracks, people don't notice his corruption because he is giving back to the people.

I am for a 0% corruption Nigeria ,I won't even tolerate 1% corruption. I have heard people saying that power corrupts but i disagree, if you are corrupt you are corrupt. it is as simple as that.

Another problem i have with fashola is that he takes action without having a back up plan,the demolishing of Oshodi is good but alternative stands should have been provided for those people that were displaced. Many of those people displaced in oshodi will now turn to crime while fashola and his cohorts sip champagne in the state house. You cannot solve one problem only to create another catastrophe.

You need managers and master planners in Lagos, before you demolish a place in the USA the government provides make shift shelters for the resident so that everybody is happy at the end of the day. The problem with Nigeria is that people think that old people have better ideas than young people. That is just wrong ,just take a look at OBAMA's staff ,he appointed people between the ages of 25 and 42 in his is white house staff. Young Americans fresh out of school with ambitious ideas.

1 Like

Re: Saving Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 1:02am On Dec 30, 2009
Onlytruth:

And you are intelligent enough to miss all the contradictions and low self esteem in your "plan" for our emancipation.
You should start by learning that not all inhabitants of Nigeria are oafs.
You can't even implement your "plan" in Lesotho. Ewu!

Thank you for showing us that you lack the intellectual capability to engage in a civil discuss but prefer to derail us with your primitive thinking. Please Igwe point out the contradictions in my comments for the benefit of our readers. Always back your claims and accusations with facts.

1 Like

Re: Saving Nigeria by citizenY(m): 1:09am On Dec 30, 2009
@Emperor,

At least i am honest about my intentions ,everyone knows what they are in store if i ever get into power.Honesty is the first key to good governance.Tell your people what is on your mind and let them know what your real intentions are.That is better than kicking them around like Maradonna for 9 years.

If you read my initial post, I said clearly that I agree with some of your proposals
but my problem is your position on issues of democracy and I even asked how you
will ignore the present istitutions. Nothing short of a coup will make your dream materialise.
I then proposed theat our people muat strive to use democratic means - courts, public
protests  to ackeve change.

I take particular note of your comment above and tell you pointblank that honesty flew out of the window
when you nominated yourself as the vehicle for this change and more alarmingly ''crowned '' yourself
as an Emperor in waiting. You give me the impression af a one man rioting squad. This does not of course
deny you of the credit of giving us some points to ponder on.
Re: Saving Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 1:34am On Dec 30, 2009
I am particularly interested in this new portable nuclear reactors which can power 20,000 mid sized homes for up to 30 years before it will be re-fueled. They are completely safe because they will be buried undergrounds and encased in concrete so that no gamma radiation can leak into the soil.

Hyperion Power Generation, Inc. is a corporation formed to construct and sell several designs of relatively small (70 MW thermal, 25 MW electric) nuclear reactors, which they claim will be modular, inexpensive,inherently safe, and proliferation-resistant. According to news coverage, these reactors could be used for heat generation, production of electricity, and other purposes, including desalinization. Specifically, the original design that they were intending to commercialize first was invented by Dr. Otis Peterson at the Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) located in New Mexico, United States.[1] Recently, the firm and their reactor design has attracted news coverage.[2]

Hyperion expects to sell 4,000 units of the first version of its Hyperion Power Module, at an estimated US$25–30 million each, and expects to ship its first unit in June 2013.[3] The company already has over 100 orders. It plans to build manufacturing facilities in the United States, the United Kingdom, and somewhere in Asia

The technology is similar to the one used in the USS George Bush America’s largest Nimitz class supercarrier war ships
This are the kinds of things the Nigerian Government should be spending money on instead of building a lousy house for that Baboon look-alike vice president.

Read more about the new technology by visiting their website http://www.hyperionpowergeneration.com/index.html

Re: Saving Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 1:37am On Dec 30, 2009

Creating federal and state police by employing more graduates
Dissolving state government and eliminating the state governor title
Converting states to Imperial Provinces

The entire "plan" is riddled with contradictions. You want us to be proud and free, yet you want whites to take over key government functions. I don't blame you. Nigeria is a joke and as such attracts all manner of "solutions". I won't apologise for feeling thoroughly insulted that you want to be an Emperor of a 150 million negro nation. The 35 million African Americans are more than a handful for the most powerful country on earth, and yet you think you can subdue Nigerians enough under your dictatorship to implement heaven on earth. I laugh with heavy Igbo accent. grin
Like I said before, just make sure you excise Igbos from Nigeria first or else we would fight your "emperorship" to the last man.  wink
Re: Saving Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 2:10am On Dec 30, 2009
citizenY:

@Emperor,

If you read my initial post, I said clearly that I agree with some of your proposals
but my problem is your position on issues of democracy and I even asked how you
will ignore the present istitutions. Nothing short of a coup will make your dream materialise.
I then proposed theat our people muat strive to use democratic means - courts, public
protests  to ackeve change.

I take particular note of your comment above and tell you pointblank that honesty flew out of the window
when you nominated yourself as the vehicle for this change and more alarmingly ''crowned '' yourself
as an Emperor in waiting. You give me the impression af a one man rioting squad. This does not of course
deny you of the credit of giving us some points to ponder on.

I understand where you are coming from and i don't have any problems with your argument. I know the idea of an Emperor is something that will be greatly rejected so i don't think for one second that it will be a walk in the park. At the same time, i don't think it is impossible because Nigeria have been under imperial rule since independence. The Hausas have dominated t power in Nigeria for the past 4 decade, whether it is military or civilian ,they are members of the same family. That is why yara dua refused to relinquish power to his VP.

For Nigeria to succeed, the current type of democracy will not work. Why do say this you may ask?
Because Nigerian politicians are greedy and i mean last one of them, whether they are AC or PDP they are corrupt
The PDP is already an imperial party that will not relinquish power without violence,The kaduna mafia backs them and the arewa backs them.

I know there is a power sharing agreement in the PDP that states that the next president must be from the east but i know that ,that will never happen with the current democratic set up. Do you remember what happened in Ghana, how brawling eliminated all the corrupt leaders in that nation, how he ruled for many year to put the country back on track before handing over to a democratically elected government?

That is what we need in Nigeria, you can not elect a leader for 4 years and expect the current Nigeria to turn around in four years. Nigeria need a long term plan that will be implement new ideas week by week for at the least 20 years to be able to stand on it’s feet again. If a good president rules for 8 year and he is replaced by a bad president ,the country will go down the drain again and it will back to square one.

In order to maintain discipline ,we need a long time GOOD  and talented leader to rapidly implement new ides that will get this country moving. You can not achieve that with democracy unfortunately.

Remember what FELA said = Demo -Crazy

Democracy fuels corruption and violence because of political parties and dirty campaign tactics, it starts from the campaign and they take it with them to the government. Imagine if we do not have political parties in Nigerian but instead pressure groups that will protest when the government is not delivering. That will be more effective that wrestling with state governors and senate officials. Do you know how much money is wasted on political parties? All that money can be diverted to better places where it will used for the greater good

1 Like

Re: Saving Nigeria by SEFAGO(m): 2:19am On Dec 30, 2009
Hmm so how do you plan to finance all your expensive ideas?
Re: Saving Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 2:32am On Dec 30, 2009
Onlytruth:

The entire "plan" is riddled with contradictions. You want us to be proud and free, yet you want whites to take over key government functions. I don't blame you. Nigeria is a joke and as such attracts all manner of "solutions". I won't apologise for feeling thoroughly insulted that you want to be an Emperor of a 150 million negro nation. The 35 million African Americans are more than a handful for the most powerful country on earth, and yet you think you can subdue Nigerians enough under your dictatorship to implement heaven on earth. I laugh with heavy Igbo accent. grin
Like I said before, just make sure you excise Igbos from Nigeria first or else we would fight your "emperorship" to the last man.  wink

You seem to have a problem with reading and understanding; I won't even explain my plans in regards to whites managing our government. Go to my previous post and read to understand. I resent that you refer to Nigerians as Negros that is a very derogatory term to address your people by.You may be a “Negro” but we are “Nigerians your obsession with your tribe lives a bitter taste in my mouth because i realize that you are not a patriotic Nigerian but a instead patriotic Igbo. You have shown that you don’t what happens to the rest of Nigeria as long your Ibo land is saved. Well I can’t say I am surprised ,that is typical Ibo selfishness at play.

Your last statement makes me laugh to my bones, you Igbos can't even fight a democratic government but you want fight an emperor. Nigeria has never really had a democratically elected government before. All the elections were rigged and the democratic president were looters. If you can fight ordinary civil servants, how can you fight a military trained emperor with full backing of the armed forces?

When Abiola was murdered what did Nigerians do? Did you see any one coming out saying he was going to fight the military? Ojukwu is old school and has become a toothless bulldog without and foreign funding. The future is ours now, they had their chance but they screwed it up.

Go and ask MEND they will tell you how the military has pounded them to a pulp, how many Nigerians do you think are ready to die to protest a new style of leadership. What you should be worried about is that if such a situation should arise, that the president, dictator, leader, king or emperor will have the best interest of the people at heart that is what matters. If GOD has written that Nigerians will be saved by a monarchical leader who are you to go against. What you should be praying for is that GOD should bring a good leader to Nigeria regardless of what style of leadership he chooses to lead Nigeria by.

Don’t make me sound mean or power hungry, what I am hoping for may never happen, then again it might. Everything is left to destiny; in my heart I know why I have taken this path.

1 Like

Re: Saving Nigeria by eyesonyou: 2:44am On Dec 30, 2009
EmperorOlu:

I understand where you are coming from and i don't have any problems with your argument. I know the idea of an Emperor is something that will be greatly rejected so i don't think for one second that it will be a walk in the park. At the same time, i don't think it is impossible because Nigeria have been under imperial rule since independence. The Hausas have dominated t power in Nigeria for the past 4 decade, whether it is military or civilian ,they are members of the same family. That is why yara dua refused to relinquish power to his VP.

For Nigeria to succeed, the current type of democracy will not work. Why do say this you may ask?
Because Nigerian politicians are greedy and i mean last one of them, whether they are AC or PDP they are corrupt
The PDP is already an imperial party that will not relinquish power without violence,The kaduna mafia backs them and the arewa backs them.

I know there is a power sharing agreement in the PDP that states that the next president must be from the east but i know that ,that will never happen with the current democratic set up. Do you remember what happened in Ghana, how brawling eliminated all the corrupt leaders in that nation, how he ruled for many year to put the country back on track before handing over to a democratically elected government?

That is what we need in Nigeria, you can not elect a leader for 4 years and expect the current Nigeria to turn around in four years. Nigeria need a long term plan that will be implement new ideas week by week for at the least 20 years to be able to stand on it’s feet again. If a good president rules for 8 year and he is replaced by a bad president ,the country will go down the drain again and it will back to square one.

In order to maintain discipline ,we need a long time GOOD  and talented leader to rapidly implement new ides that will get this country moving. You can not achieve that with democracy unfortunately.

Remember what FELA said = Demo -Crazy

Democracy fuels corruption and violence because of political parties and dirty campaign tactics, it starts from the campaign and they take it with them to the government. Imagine if we do not have political parties in Nigerian but instead pressure groups that will protest when the government is not delivering. That will be more effective that wrestling with state governors and senate officials. Do you know how much money is wasted on political parties? All that money can be diverted to better places where it will used for the greater good

Democracy has its own inherent problems; however, other alternatives are not just viable.
If practiced properly, Democracy can yield fantastic results as evident in Western nations.

What we need is to uproot the current political system that is riddled with malpractice, and replace it with
a sustainable democracy that is inclusive of all regardless of social or financial status of participants.

Yes, a long-term plan is desirable, but it cannot hinge on one person perpetuating himself/herself in power for twenty years.
A viable Democracy will ensure continuity of long tern plans. There is no need for a dictator.
As much as it sounds good on paper
for some one to  come in;  clean house, jail the looters, put the house in order,  it does not always play out as planned.

Gaddafi and Castro are good examples of leaders that have overstayed their welcome.
Re: Saving Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 3:00am On Dec 30, 2009
EmperorOlu:

You seem to have a problem with reading and understanding; I won't even explain my plans in regards to whites managing our government. Go to my previous post and read to understand. I resent that you refer to Nigerians as Negros that is a very derogatory term to address your people by.You may be a “Negro” but we are “Nigerians your obsession with your tribe lives a bitter taste in my mouth because i realize that you are not a patriotic Nigerian but a instead patriotic Igbo. You have shown that you don’t what happens to the rest of Nigeria as long your Ibo land is saved. Well I can’t say I am surprised ,that is typical Ibo selfishness at play.
Thank you for that observation! Not to puncture your "emperorship" schemes, people are identified (and should be) by their tribes and race in the US. It has worked. Negro only means black in Latin. Omo Ibo is  meant for offense but it only means Igbo son. Aboki is also meant for offense but it tamely means friend in Hausa. So it is either you are trying to be clever by half or you are trying to hoodwink the gullible.  

Your last statement makes me laugh to my bones, you Igbos can't even fight a democratic government but you want fight an emperor. Nigeria has never really had a democratically elected government before. All the elections were rigged and the democratic president were looters. If you can fight ordinary civil servants, how can you fight a military trained emperor with full backing of the armed forces?

And you think the situation will continue ad infinitum? I don't know what you are smoking, but Nigeria is not working exactly for the same reasons. You think the solution is to impose an emperor? Na wa o!

When Abiola was murdered what did Nigerians do? Did you see any one coming out saying he was going to fight the military? Ojukwu is old school and has become a toothless bulldog without and foreign funding. The future is ours now, they had their chance but they screwed it up.

You should ask your Yoruba brothers. Why ask me?

Go and ask MEND they will tell you how the military has pounded them to a pulp, how many Nigerians do you think are ready to die to protest a new style of leadership. What you should be worried about is that if such a situation should arise, that the president, dictator, leader, king or emperor will have the best interest of the people at heart that is what matters. If GOD has written that Nigerians will be saved by a monarchical leader who are you to go against. What you should be praying for is that GOD should bring a good leader to Nigeria regardless of what style of leadership he chooses to lead Nigeria by.

The last time I checked MEND just carried out another attack last week.

Don’t make me sound mean or power hungry, what I am hoping for may never happen, then again it might. Everything is left to destiny; in my heart I know why I have taken this path.

All third world dictators start with a "God sees my heart" mindset. At the end, thousands are left dead and the national resources stolen.
Like I said earlier, not all Nigerian peoples are oafs. My people never had a central commander or leader until the Biafran war when we felt a need to rally round our beloved leader Ojukwu. If we feel a need, we would rally round another warrior to fight again. At least this time, our diaspora can fund the war to the tune of billions of dollars. So ol boy abeg carry your plan to Lesotho.! grin
Re: Saving Nigeria by citizenY(m): 3:04am On Dec 30, 2009
@Emperor

For the sake of all of us, I want to direct your mind to what is happenning in Guinea. It will
be very unfortunate to end up that way. I think you should refine your position on this matter
and make sure that your very laudable proposals are not overshadowed by extreme positions
that deviate from paths that are redeemable through pressure and vigilance. Godfathers are
gradually becoming endangered specie and there is no way we can tolerateone on a grand scale.
I want to assume that youare using Emperor in a very loose sense of the word. The Rawlings
scenario is already past its sell by date.

I will hesitate to encourage you to come back home and begin your campaign as it is a very
pregnant and potentially dangerous enterprise. I appreciate your chivalry, radical and resourceful
disposition but the consequences of failure will be disastrous. It will take you a long time as Emperor
before you stabilise your position and introduce the Visa loterry that will bring in your specialists
from around the world to come and take our jobs. South Africa is doing well ,as you are doing there ,
and there is no Emperor there.
Re: Saving Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 3:07am On Dec 30, 2009
citizenY:

@Emperor

I will hesitate to encourage you to come back home and begin your campaign as it is a very
pregnant and potentially dangerous enterprise. I appreciate your chivalry, radical and resourceful
disposition but the consequences of failure will be disastrous. It will take you a long time as Emperor
before you stabilise your position and introduce the Visa loterry that will bring in your specialists
from around the world to come and take our jobs. South Africa is doing well ,as you are doing there ,
and there is no Emperor there.

ROTFLMAO grin cheesy grin! Great observation!
Re: Saving Nigeria by OAM4J: 3:12am On Dec 30, 2009
I love courageous people with 'mission-impossible' vision. even when I disagree with their plans I appreciate their courage. Ditto why I like your compatriot Becomerich (will love to see a debate between you 2 soon)

Now, you have a well taught out plan that doesn't need election, majority acceptance, opinions and supports. So I wonder what you are doing here.

I don't know how many coup plotters announced their plans before striking, well there is always the 1st time.

So what exactly is your mission here? You want to raise an army here? or you are planning to raise funds?
Re: Saving Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 3:18am On Dec 30, 2009
SEFAGO:

Hmm so how do you plan to finance all your expensive ideas?

That is very good question and very hard one at that.

Funding can come from various sources ,e.g banks loans ,investors ,foreign bonds ,natural resources e.t.c

Before you attempt funding big projects in a country like Nigeria you have to show the world that you are serious about creating a corruption free country. Nigeria has a very BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD reputation worldwide and it is not because of drugs. People fear us more because of 419

You need action instead of words, by publicly executing people like babangida and other corrupt individuals the world will take you serious. Of course human right groups and many Nigerians will criticize you but the world will take notice of you and people will like to see what your next move. Once you have the attention of the whole world you have to overhaul the whole government and re-brand Nigeria.

You can re-brand Nigeria by creating a world class website for the executive government and the government departments. You must also create an info website for your country that will contain basic information about your country like the number of tribes, the types of local cuisines available, the local tradition wear and the beautiful tourist attraction. This particular website must be built by the best web designers in the industry and they must use Full HD cameras to take this picture and use photo editing software to doctor the photographs to make it look more beautiful.

Investors love eye candy, if you take picture of okirika ,no investor will want to come to Nigeria ,but if you take the picture of a remote unspoiled waterfall ,people will be curious to know more about your country.

Our flag and coat of arms is old school and painful reminders of our daily struggles ,we need to design a new modernized coats of arms and a new modernized FLAG (the flag will retain the green and white colours but the design will be more beautiful)

I will make a worldwide broadcast via top news station and you tube where I will read a speech, appealing to the whole world to forgive Nigerians for some of the crimes that our citizens have committed abroad. I will admit responsibility for those crimes and promise the whole world that under my leadership Nigeria will be turn around for the better. I will also create a new investigation agency that will replace effcc.I will announce this agency in my speech to the world and read out the website address to the viewers. This will show the whole world that I am at least 90% committed to curbing corruption and internet scams. I will pledge that our investigative agency will cooperate will all international law enforcement agencies, I will announce to the world that the punishment for drugs trafficking, 419 and corruption in Nigeria is  death by lethal injection to shock the world and let know them know how serious we are.

At the end of my speech I will appeal to the whole world to give us a second chance to better ourselves ,I will tell them that we can’t do it by ourselves ,we need the whole to give us a chance and believe in us, it won’t easy but if they can have least 50% hope in us we will succeed. I will ask citizens of the world to start treating Nigerians in Diaspora with respect and give Nigerians a chance to prove themselves. What we need as a nation is a new image and clever damage control.

What investors are seeking for is an environment they can trust, you have to show them that Nigeria has changed and that corruption can not take place because of the strict measures you have put in place. This will re – assure them and they won’t hesitate to come and invest in your country. Another thing we need to sought out is electricity, once you generate enough electricity, you will get a lot of investments

Once I have done all this I will invest heavily in advertising, I will buy up all available ad space in top TV station and advertise the new Nigeria to investors. I will order architectural plans and offer free land to investors who which to develop our lands. The land development will create millions of jobs for Nigerians in the construction sector as well as the real estate sectors; I will also offer free land(on a lease bases) to foreign farmers. These people who get free land will not tax for the first 3 years. The technique is to draw them in and make them develop your infrastructure. You see once an investor comes to your country and build a 70 storey skyscrapers, if he decides to leave tomorrow he cannot uproot the skyscraper and take it with  him, he will have no choice but to sell to another investor.40% of funding for projects will come from foreign direct investment,10% from bank loans,20% from local investors and 30% from oil sales
Re: Saving Nigeria by SEFAGO(m): 3:25am On Dec 30, 2009
Wow, this seems like a thesis grin, I wish you could help me write mine. Anyways everything you are saying is ludicrous. EVerything you stated is predicated on an assumption that all Nigerians are robots. While you are busy planning all this- some yahoo yahoo boys will be getting ready to scam potential investors, some secessionist will be working (online of course) to over throw the empire.

Infact assuming everything goes perfectly, you will probably end up in debt like Dubai. Great economies aren't built this way.
Re: Saving Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 3:28am On Dec 30, 2009
SEFAGO:

Wow, this seems like a thesis grin, I wish you could help me write mine. Anyways everything you are saying is ludicrous. EVerything you stated is predicated on an assumption that all Nigerians are robots. While you are busy planning all this- some yahoo yahoo boys will be getting ready to scam potential investors, some secessionist will be working (online of course) to over throw the empire.

Infact assuming everything goes perfectly, you will probably end up in debt like Dubai. Great economies aren't built this way.

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin I never thought I could laugh at any of your jokes. Good observation though.
Re: Saving Nigeria by Choco5: 3:33am On Dec 30, 2009
Well I see your vision and feel your passion EmperorOlu!!
Nigerians will forever try to run you down as they are doing on this website but to be really serious about what you want to do,you should motivate the Nigerians in South Africa and make concrete moves to make your dream for Nigeria come true. I may not agree fully with all your opinions but I certainly admire your passion concerning Nigeria!!
God bless and best of luck!!

1 Like

Re: Saving Nigeria by citizenY(m): 3:45am On Dec 30, 2009
Quote from Emperor

Investors love eye candy, if you take picture of okirika ,no investor will want to come to Nigeria ,but if you take the picture of a remote unspoiled waterfall ,people will be curious to know more about your country.

My dear Emperor, I dey go sleep jo.

I love that your eye candy stuff buti thought yu want to salvage Nigeria. You want to give foreigners eye candy and chastise us with scorpions.

Your last post has shown me that your idealism knows no bounds. Every strategist has to have a fall back position, your own na Eye candy.
Good night everybody.

Onlytruth, enjoy youe eye candy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Saving Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 8:37pm On Dec 30, 2009
Choco5:

Well I see your vision and feel your passion EmperorOlu!!
Nigerians will forever try to run you down as they are doing on this website but to be really serious about what you want to do,you should motivate the Nigerians in South Africa and make concrete moves to make your dream for Nigeria come true. I may not agree fully with all your opinions but I certainly admire your passion concerning Nigeria!!
God bless and best of luck!!

@Choco5 -Thank you for your honesty, i know the Emperor idea will not sit well with many people but i appreciate the fact that you agree with every other plan i have mentioned. I am not bothered about the guys trying to pull me down ,this is  just a forum and their opinions don't even scratch my surface. I am dead serious about all i have written here and i know many will think it is a joke. There is one thing i like about Nigeria though, Nigeria is the only country where you can announce online that you want to plan a coup and no body will bother. There are people who were born to lead and others who were born to watch from the sidelines.

@ Citizen Y, your last comment shows that you know nothing about branding and image projection, if a country is trying to advertise it's self to the world ,will it show the world the ghettos inside it or the beautiful part inside it? Why do Nigerians queue are foreign embassies in Lagos, is not because they have seen movies and photograph of beautiful western countries and they wish to experience such beauty and comfortable lifestyle. You are talking but making no sense!

@SEFAGO – Yes Nigerians cannot govern themselves, deal with it.49 years has proved that to the whole world and 2010 will make it 50 years. We are the laughing stock of the world; even GHANA has left us behind when it comes to politics. Ludicrous you say? Do you even know the meaning of the word? And wishing that your fraudster relatives will sabotage my efforts just shows why Nigeria is the way it is today. When we are making plans to make the country better, arrogant chimps like you will come out and try to sabotage our efforts. Dubai failed because of miss management of funds by the rulers. Why are you so negative, why do you think if we bring in investments we will fail. You are really retarded. Get a life if you don’t have any better to do than to come here and wish Nigeria failure. And yes you are one of the robots who rather than contribute to Nigeria, prefer to hide behind their PC and hope that all will be well.

1 Like

Re: Saving Nigeria by OAM4J: 11:10pm On Dec 30, 2009
can you try and answer/respond to these issues raised earlier.

citizenY:

@Emperor

South Africa is doing well ,as you are doing (well) there , and there is no Emperor there.

why do we need an emperor here in Nigeria?

OAM4J:

I love courageous people with 'mission-impossible' vision. even when I disagree with their plans I appreciate their courage. Ditto why I like your compatriot Becomerich (will love to see a debate between you 2 soon)

Now, you have a well taught out plan that doesn't need election, majority acceptance, opinions and supports. So I wonder what you are doing here.

I don't know how many coup plotters announced their plans before striking, well there is always the 1st time.

So what exactly is your mission here? You want to raise an army here? or you are planning to raise funds?
Re: Saving Nigeria by OAM4J: 9:12am On Dec 31, 2009
Emperorolu, what do you think about the idea on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-373829.0.html

I think I like the idea. can you tailor you coup in favour/support of the idea? grin grin grin
Re: Saving Nigeria by Obinoscopy(m): 12:26pm On Jan 01, 2010
@Emperorolu you are just dreaming. South Africa practises democracy and are a great Nation, thus why don't you think Nigeria will achieve greatness via democracy? If you are enthroned as a monarch in Nigeria, you will be overwhelmed and corrupted with power.
Don't think of bad things like coup or military revolution. Think of good things like establishing NGOs in this country that will geared towards strengthening our democracy.
Re: Saving Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 12:45pm On Jan 01, 2010
Typical Ibo Nigerians ,always trying to defend what is wrong. There is no justification for drug dealing or kidnapping of young children. If you guys are real Nigerians you will condemn such acts. Don’t try to down play the damage your tribe has done to our image. More Ibos get arrested than any other tribe. That is a FACT. Out of every 10 Nigerian arrested here 9 are IBOS. Says a lot about you doesn't it.

Nigerian are not intelligent at all ,that is why we have a bad government. Look at Aso rock ,almost everybody there has two or three degrees, yet they can not fix the country. Nigerians make the mistake of thinking that education alone is what is require for a leader to lead a country. That is very wrong, you need education and managerial skills.

Over problem is we think we know everything and think we are intelligent. Well I disagree ,I think Nigerians are the dumbest people on the planet. They have the ability and the resources to build a great country but they prefer corruption crime. And when you tell them what the are doing is wrong ,they will respond : nothing dey happen!

1 Like

Re: Saving Nigeria by asha80(m): 1:05pm On Jan 01, 2010
EmperorOlu:

Typical Ibo Nigerians ,always trying to defend what is wrong. There is no justification for drug dealing or kidnapping of young children. If you guys are real Nigerians you will condemn such acts. Don’t try to down play the damage your tribe has done to our image. More Ibos get arrested than any other tribe. That is a FACT. Out of every 10 Nigerian arrested here 9 are IBOS. Says a lot about you doesn't it.

Nigerian are not intelligent at all ,that is why we have a bad government. Look at Aso rock ,almost everybody there has two or three degrees, yet they can not fix the country. Nigerians make the mistake of thinking that education alone is what is require for a leader to lead a country. That is very wrong, you need education and managerial skills.

Over problem is we think we know everything and think we are intelligent. Well I disagree ,I think Nigerians are the dumbest people on the planet. They have the ability and the resources to build a great country but they prefer corruption crime. And when you tell them what the are doing is wrong ,they will respond : nothing dey happen!

You are a fool.What has the bolded got to do with the topic we are discussing here.
Re: Saving Nigeria by ochukoccna: 2:01pm On Jan 01, 2010
@ post, don't be delusional. Your scheme [size=18pt]CAN NEVER EVER WORK[/size] in 9ja for there are too many competing interests. [size=18pt]What 9JA NEEDS IS TRUE FEDRALISM![/size] Though I do agree with you on the need to eliminate the thieving bastards who have bleed this nation's resources dry.
Re: Saving Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 8:18pm On Jan 01, 2010
asha 80:

You are a fool.What has the bolded got to do with the topic we are discussing here.

Wow, finally the chameleon has come out of it’s skin. Since we are now on an insulting level, why don’t you brush up on your English and learn how to table a sentence properly. Oops ! i forgot you got okirika education .LOL
Re: Saving Nigeria by asha80(m): 8:26pm On Jan 01, 2010
EmperorOlu:

Wow, finally the chameleon has come out of it’s skin. Since we are now on an insulting level, why don’t you brush up on your English and learn how to table a sentence properly. Oops ! i forgot you got okirika education .LOL

So much for brushing up of english(gbongan style)
Re: Saving Nigeria by Obinoscopy(m): 8:11am On Jan 02, 2010
EmperorOlu:

You have let yourself down by deviating from the topic in question and exchanging insults with another person. That shows you do not possess true leadership abilities. You let little things distract you. Meanwhile I don't think asha was insulting you, I believe he was telling you the fact.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MASSOB Scolds Ohaneze: Stop Demanding Political Privileges From Buhari / Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Budgeted N49bn For 115 Foreign Missions / Bombshell: Ghana President Says Buhari's Govt Is An Ethnic Govt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.