Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,382 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy (2194 Views)

Somemen Said igbos and xtians will be wiped Out Now Buhari Has Won, Am So Scared / Babajide Sanwo-olu: My Encounter With The Biggest Change Lagos Has Ever Seen. / I Don’t Believe Foreigners Are Involved In Nigeria’s Killings – French Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by BlowBack: 11:21pm On Apr 09, 2017
Ambassador Stephane Gompertz, France’s Ambassador for Climate Change, has called for a robust participation from Nigeria at the climate change conference in Paris to protect the city of Lagos.

Gompertz raised the spectre of rising temperature and rising sea level, which can lead to the wiping out of the coastal city of Lagos.

The Frenchman said Nigeria has a lot to gain from the 21st Conference of Parties (COP) 21, which is scheduled to hold from Nov. 30 to Dec.11 in Paris.

The French envoy raised an alarm over the rising global temperatures, saying further rise could put the whole world in jeopardy.

COP 21, for the first time in over 20 years of UN negotiations, aims to achieve a legally binding and universal agreement on climate and to keep global warming below 2°C.

Gompertz warned: “If we don’t reach an agreement in Paris, it is likely that temperature will continue to rise rapidly.
“We’ve seen example and there are other examples that Nigeria seashore being wiped away. I have seen that in Senegal as well. In Senegal, I had examples of Beaches, touristic villages which have just disappeared, replaced and taken over by the sea,” he said.
http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/10/climate-change-lagos-could-be-wiped-out-says-french-envoy/
Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by emeijeh(m): 11:24pm On Apr 09, 2017
cry
Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by BlowBack: 11:25pm On Apr 09, 2017
Sea Level Rise In Lagos State Estimated To Be Between 0.32m And 1.41m By The Year 2100; Badagry, Epe, Eti-Osa To Be Worst Hit- 4th Lagos State Climate Change Summit Communique

[img]http://eromoseleenergy.files./2012/05/sea-level1.jpg?w=300&h=196[/img]

Global corrected tidal station data (Church 2006 updated to 2009-dark blue, and Jevrejeva 2008)

Some shocking observations made at the session include the following:

Nigeria is one of the countries with high vulnerability with coastal zone
impact of storm surges;

Lagos is one of the cities projected to be the hardest hit by storm surge;
By the year 2100 Sea level rise in Lagos State coastal areas could range
between 0.32m and 1.41m;

The Local Government Areas that are mostly at risk from ocean surge
include Badagry, Epe, Eti-Osa, Amuwo-Odofin, Ojo, Kosofe, Lagos Island,

Apapa, ibeju-Lekki and Ikorodu, in that order;

It is expected that extreme water levels from storm surges could reach
well beyond 2m even at low sea level rise projection;

The marine and mangrove ecosystems of Lagos are under threat from sea-level rise.
Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by ojun50(m): 11:34pm On Apr 09, 2017
Abegee them don thy start again
Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by BlowBack: 11:57pm On Apr 09, 2017
ojun50:

Hope you can swim because the lagoon will be much better than the atlantic

1 Like

Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by BlowBack: 12:00am On Apr 10, 2017
These are the cities that will be wiped out by 2100:
Dakar, Senegal

Guangzhou, China

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Lagos, Nigeria

Manila, Philippines

Qingdao, China

http://mashable.com/2016/11/07/fastest-sea-level-rise-human-history/#FM_pd2htgmq0

1 Like

Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by BlowBack: 12:02am On Apr 10, 2017
Based on scientific data, the Oba of Lagos may after all relocate to the Lagoon

8 Likes

Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by Ikeg: 12:09am On Apr 10, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin

Yet again evidence that Karma comes for the evil.

Do we all recall how yoruba used to mock and threaten igbo of "erosion eating igboland and displacing igbo" despite not one scientific data backing that statement up. Now look who scientist are threaten their territory could be wiped out.

Karma is a b1tch.
More evidence that God truly does not like ugly.

I feel zero pity for Afonja people. None. If lagos gets wiped out, oh well.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by SIRmanjar(m): 12:15am On Apr 10, 2017
I keep telling my people dat doom we wish ibos might befall us..who knows in the next 80years to come there land locked undeveloped country might be hot cake and we will be running dere to buy land..Lets stop dis we are ur host and landlord,ad we accomodated u guys of a tin,cos no one knows tomorrow.

6 Likes

Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by EnkayDezign: 12:19am On Apr 10, 2017
BlowBack:
Based on scientific data, the Oba of Lagos may after all relocate to the Lagoon

*Based on logistics

3 Likes

Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by SIRmanjar(m): 12:30am On Apr 10, 2017
ojun50:
Hmmmm! Don't underestimate the power of change bro and am not talking buharis change..Do u know how many great civilizations buried under the sea,forest and desert without any trace?And am sure dat before they were gone the inhabitants dint believe it will happen just the way you are doubting.

2 Likes

Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by masseratti: 12:31am On Apr 10, 2017
She should talk to trump 1st

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by Lanretoye(m): 12:33am On Apr 10, 2017
wipe koor,swipe ni...oya come and wipe nah .
Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by BlowBack: 12:34am On Apr 10, 2017
masseratti:
She should talk to trump 1st

Climate change has reached a point of no return.

The adverse effects are already being felt and will continue to be aggravated as the years go by.

What is needed now is pragmatic solutions like relocating the Oba of Lagos palace to Ogun state to prevent karma making his throne to be under the Atlantic

3 Likes

Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by BlowBack: 12:36am On Apr 10, 2017
Lanretoye:
wipe koor,swipe ni...oya come and wipe nah .

Lekki is already facing severe coastal erosion and you still behave like a frog in water.

Why are yorubas so myopic?

Why must it take drastic actions for your reasoning faculty to be turned on?

2 Likes

Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by masseratti: 12:43am On Apr 10, 2017
BlowBack:

Climate change has reached a point of no return.

The adverse effects are already being felt and will continue to be aggravated as the years go by.

What is needed now is pragmatic solutions like relocating the Oba of Lagos palace to Ogun state to prevent karma making his throne to be under the Atlantic
oga stop there,have seen the effect of climate change ,bar beach,alpha beach,oniru,elegushi are being eroded,but badagry is still intact,lagos is not that low,plus the Oba need not to worry,they will relocate his palace to eko atlantic city,have you seen it?its beautiful,btw he was only joking with his igbo friends when he made that statement and they all laughed about it why you still dey carry am for head?dont you joke with your friends from other tribes?

1 Like

Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by Lanretoye(m): 12:43am On Apr 10, 2017
BlowBack:

Lekki is already facing severe coastal erosion and you still behave like a frog in water.

Why are yorubas so myopic?

Why must it take drastic actions for your reasoning faculty to be turned on?
who get thisone time?
Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by BlowBack: 12:48am On Apr 10, 2017
Lanretoye:

who get thisone time?

Pain am

1 Like

Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by Reminez(m): 2:05am On Apr 10, 2017
The same lagos these good for nothing scums tell us everyday they own . Smh
The fla..the aded beasts are like the biblical story of King Solomon and the issue of the controversial child .
You hypocrites covet Lagos on one hand yet wish her evil on the other hand. May destruction and misery be the lot of you flat..headed criminals from the gully ravaged red mudded land of the risen poverty .

2 Likes

Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by tollyboy5(m): 3:49am On Apr 10, 2017
Ikeg:
grin grin grin grin grin

Yet again evidence that Karma comes for the evil.

Do we all recall how yoruba used to mock and threaten igbo of "erosion eating igboland and displacing igbo" despite not one scientific data backing that statement up. Now look who scientist are threaten their territory could be wiped out.

Karma is a b1tch.
More evidence that God truly does not like ugly.

I feel zero pity for Afonja people. None. If lagos gets wiped out, oh well.

Lolz so we should fry beans nau! undecided because of climate change you are happy my home town would drawn shm that is not the end of civilization and technology , hope you've heard about eko Atlantic. the people I sorry for are my brother s from the east because any security measures would be meant for Yoruba's and lagosians

1 Like

Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by BlowBack: 7:00am On Apr 10, 2017
tollyboy5:

Lolz so we should fry beans nau! undecided because of climate change you are happy my home town would drawn shm that is not the end of civilization and technology , hope you've heard about eko Atlantic. the people I sorry for are my brother s from the east because any security measures would be meant for Yoruba's and lagosians

The refugees fleeing their fellow yoruba thugs into the lagoon are yorubas.

Let me see you afford Eko Atlantic

3 Likes

Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by WorldRichest: 7:48am On Apr 10, 2017
Dear Ambassador Stephane Gompertz, before you get back home, your nuclear family, extended family and your whole town would have been wiped out into the French lagoon in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by bakynes(m): 8:04am On Apr 10, 2017
Reminez:
The same lagos these good for nothing scums tell us everyday they own . Smh
The fla..the aded beasts are like the biblical story of King Solomon and the issue of the controversial child .
You hypocrites covet Lagos on one hand yet wish her evil on the other hand. May destruction and misery be the lot of you flat..headed criminals from the gully ravaged red mudded land of the risen poverty .
That is why when they call Lagos a No man's land or "we developed Lagos" slur they chant I don't respond to their claims because they are only using it to taunt us not like they don't know the truth. That is why they share no spiritual,cultural or traditional attachment to Lagos. That's why they wish for the downfall of Lagos, if they truly developed it they won't wish for its downfall.
Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by BlowBack: 8:06am On Apr 10, 2017
bakynes:

That is why when they call Lagos a No man's land or "we developed Lagos" slur they chant I don't respond to their claims because they are only using it to taunt us not like they don't know the truth. That is why they share no spiritual,cultural or traditional attachment to Lagos. That's why they wish for the downfall of Lagos, if they truly developed it they won't wish for its downfall.

Honestly speaking are you from Lagos? Or just one of a million jobless yoruba touts littering Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by bakynes(m): 8:10am On Apr 10, 2017
BlowBack:

Honestly speaking are you from Lagos? Or just one of a million jobless yoruba touts littering Lagos
I am from Lagos, Iduntafa compound in Epe and am Ijebu so shut up your mouth.

1 Like

Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by ariesbull: 8:12am On Apr 10, 2017
masseratti:
oga stop there,have seen the effect of climate change ,bar beach,alpha beach,oniru,elegushi are being eroded,but badagry is still intact,lagos is not that low,plus the Oba need not to worry,they will relocate his palace to eko atlantic city,have you seen it?its beautiful,btw he was only joking with his igbo friends when he made that statement and they all laughed about it why you still dey carry am for head?dont you joke with your friends from other tribes?

You can't fight nature sir

The climate change is real and cities globally are submerged:

http//edition.cnn.com/interactive/2015/06/opinions/sutter-two-degrees-marshall-islands/

Climate change is real and let's not play ostrich

There should be relocating plans

The sand filling of coastal areas and reclamation isn't right. You can't fight nature

2 Likes

Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by BlowBack: 8:12am On Apr 10, 2017
bakynes:

I am from Lagos, Oduntafa compound in Epe and am Ijebu so shut up your mouth.

Settler claiming Lagos or should I say squatter because i know your family has no tenable legal papers to the land you claim.

Make Tinubu come clear una commot make we buy the land.

You can trace your roots back to Benin Republic or Ogun sha.

4 Likes

Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by bakynes(m): 8:16am On Apr 10, 2017
BlowBack:

Settler claiming Lagos or should I say squatter because i know your family has no tenable legal papers to the land you claim.

Make Tinubu come clear una commot make we buy the land.

You can trace your roots back to Benin Republic or Ogun sha.
I know you are looking for someone to argue with this morning but sorry I don't have your time so have fun with your delusions.
Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by BlowBack: 8:17am On Apr 10, 2017
bakynes:

I know you are looking for someone to argue with this morning but sorry I don't have your time so have fun with your delusions.

Post C of O of your Epe land or go back to Yemen

3 Likes

Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by ImadeUReadThis: 9:37am On Nov 24, 2018
BlowBack:

Post C of O of your Epe land or go back to Yemen

lolz
Re: Climate Change: Lagos Could Be Wiped Out, Says French Envoy by ozento: 9:47am On Nov 24, 2018
its better lagos is wiped out coz of tifnubu

(1) (Reply)

[photos] Ipob Member Curses Jesus, Says ‘jesus Is A Bastard Without Father / Buhari’s Govt Wants To Kill Kanu, Complete 1967 Genocide - MASSOB Alleges / Breaking News: APC 's Tony Nwoye Escapes Assassination By APGA Thug (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.