Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,664 members, 7,820,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Do You Think Umar's Attempt To Bomb A Plane Is A Result Of His Upbringing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Think Umar's Attempt To Bomb A Plane Is A Result Of His Upbringing (846 Views)

Poll: Was it as a result of his poor upbringing

Yes, he was a spoilt brat: 14% (2 votes)
No, he made a wrong decision: 78% (11 votes)
Both: 0% (0 votes)
Undecided: 0% (0 votes)
In between: 7% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Danladi Umar Shouts At Raphael Oluyede, Saraki's Lawyer / Boko Haram Planning To Bomb South-west – NOA Raises Alarm / BREAKING: Female Suicide Bomber Arrested In Kano While Trying to Bomb A School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Umar's Attempt To Bomb A Plane Is A Result Of His Upbringing by mamagee3(f): 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2009
Do you think it was his upbringing that caused this young Nigerian to disgrace us?
Re: Do You Think Umar's Attempt To Bomb A Plane Is A Result Of His Upbringing by asha80(m): 10:17pm On Dec 29, 2009
Your comments and posts can be dumb.
Re: Do You Think Umar's Attempt To Bomb A Plane Is A Result Of His Upbringing by mamagee3(f): 10:21pm On Dec 29, 2009
asha 80:

Your comments and posts can be dumb.

You're a retarded bimbo!
Re: Do You Think Umar's Attempt To Bomb A Plane Is A Result Of His Upbringing by asha80(m): 10:24pm On Dec 29, 2009
And threads too.No be by force to open thread. embarassed
Re: Do You Think Umar's Attempt To Bomb A Plane Is A Result Of His Upbringing by sleekp1: 10:26pm On Dec 29, 2009
I think this is a useless question. Why don't you ask his parents?
Re: Do You Think Umar's Attempt To Bomb A Plane Is A Result Of His Upbringing by kvolander: 10:29pm On Dec 29, 2009
I think it's 50/50.

From one angle, his financial capability enhanced his international mobility and unnecessary freedom.

On the other hand, he should have let himself out more when he was lonely. This is surely what lonely people pass through most times.
HIS STORY IS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF THE STATEMENT 'AN IDLE MIND IS THE DEVIL'S WORKSHOP'
Re: Do You Think Umar's Attempt To Bomb A Plane Is A Result Of His Upbringing by mamagee3(f): 10:32pm On Dec 29, 2009
asha 80:

And threads too.No be by force to open thread. embarassed

Are you daft? undecided
Did anyone force you to reply? undecided,
Is your reply needed? undecided
Get lost now, ode
! angry
Re: Do You Think Umar's Attempt To Bomb A Plane Is A Result Of His Upbringing by Choco5: 10:34pm On Dec 29, 2009
Do you think mama-gee's imbecilic topics are as a result of her parents and upbringing?
Reply below.
Re: Do You Think Umar's Attempt To Bomb A Plane Is A Result Of His Upbringing by asha80(m): 10:35pm On Dec 29, 2009
mama-gee:

Are you daft? undecided
Did anyone force you to reply? undecided,
Is your reply needed? undecided
Get lost now, ode
! angry

I no dey go anywhere.Foolish thread  embarassed
Re: Do You Think Umar's Attempt To Bomb A Plane Is A Result Of His Upbringing by MrCrackles(m): 10:37pm On Dec 29, 2009
^ ^ ^ grin grin grin
Re: Do You Think Umar's Attempt To Bomb A Plane Is A Result Of His Upbringing by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 29, 2009
Choco5:

Do you think mama-gee's imbecilic topics are as a result of her parents and upbringing?
Reply below.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Think Umar's Attempt To Bomb A Plane Is A Result Of His Upbringing by GL(f): 11:02pm On Dec 29, 2009
NO! I don't think his action is reflective of his upbringing in anyway. i don't know why people like to think rich people's kids are worse than poor people's kids.

kvolander:

I think it's 50/50.

From one angle, his financial capability enhanced his international mobility and unnecessary freedom.

On the other hand, he should have let himself out more when he was lonely. This is surely what lonely people pass through most times.
HIS STORY IS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF THE STATEMENT 'AN IDLE MIND IS THE DEVIL'S WORKSHOP'

it's not 50/50 anything. a terrorist doesn't need to be from a wealthy family as there is enough financial backing from the terrorist groups. i don't even buy the story that loneliness led him to this. we are not like white people who do stupid things when they are lonely. when we are lonely we spend and party. the guy had so much money so he could have had lots of friends, plus there are loads of nigerians in london, muslim nigerians too. it makes more sense that a nigerian with so much money would try to buy happiness with money not death.
Re: Do You Think Umar's Attempt To Bomb A Plane Is A Result Of His Upbringing by Beaf: 11:21pm On Dec 29, 2009
The family is to blame, they failed at bringing up their child. The heartbreaking depth of loneliness in his writings, speaks of a family that was never there for him. Perhaps, they threw money at him, instead of love.

Sometimes drug barons become drug addicts. The drugs are meant for others, but they take a test and. . . Gbosa! They are hooked.
The boys dad is one of those pushing a religious agenda in Nigeria, his son got caught in religious bu.llshit. Who do you blame?
His father, Dr Mutallab, is a sharia supporter who is also at the head of Nigeria's first Islamic bank.

"The apple does not fall far from the tree".
Re: Do You Think Umar's Attempt To Bomb A Plane Is A Result Of His Upbringing by kvolander: 11:43pm On Dec 29, 2009
GL:

NO! I don't think his action is reflective of his upbringing in anyway. i don't know why people like to think rich people's kids are worse than poor people's kids.

it's not 50/50 anything. a terrorist doesn't need to be from a wealthy family as there is enough financial backing from the terrorist groups. i don't even buy the story that loneliness led him to this. we are not like white people who do silly things when they are lonely. when we are lonely we spend and party. the guy had so much money so he could have had lots of friends, plus there are loads of nigerians in london, muslim nigerians too. it makes more sense that a nigerian with so much money would try to buy happiness with money not death.

@GL,

I think you are speaking from the point of view of the kind of person you are. I don't know if you are an outgoing person. More evidence have emerged that this guy is an introvert which confirms that he's been lonely for a while. Yeah, he had the resources to make more friends and go partying but I put it to you that you will hardly see a dedicated muslim doing all those stuffs. I worked with one recently who is from morocco.
This guy allowed his loneliness to degenerate into a chronic state and gave the devil a chance.

On the side of his parents, I personally think they acted too late. According to the father, he discovered the extremist behaviour in his sec. sch days and still sent him over to the UK to study where I believe they must have just left with the hope that all is well. I'm also sure he must have known about the group his son joined while in UCL.

The father got the signal early but acted too late. - 50%
The guy is just a coward who lacks self-control and could not handle his loneliness. - 50%

(1) (Reply)

Is Abdul Mutallab Not A Victim Of A Wicked And Corrupt Generation / Don’t Link Mutallab’s Action To Islam - Nscia Warns / Churches Attacked In Malaysian ‘allah’ Dispute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.