Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,462 members, 7,954,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:58 AM

Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month (17309 Views)

July New Tariff: Discos 'Reject' NERC Capped Rate, To Bill By Consumption Rate / Kano's 10 Megawatts Independent Project Is At 90% Completion Stage (Pictures) / 3,050 Megawatts Mambilla Power Project In Taraba (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by bareal(m): 11:13am On Apr 10, 2017
Only God knows the manner of witchcraft agreement they made with these discos that Fashola and co cannot terminate to accommodate better competitors ...
Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by bareal(m): 11:16am On Apr 10, 2017
Ovamboland:

It's the responsibility of Discos to lay power cables and install meters in such a way that bypassing is next to impossible.

They just inherited a broken cobweb cable system and did nothing to improve it.

They didn't come to improve, rather they came to suck money

1 Like

Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by seguno2: 11:17am On Apr 10, 2017
erico2k2:
This is good, no light no bill, lets see how the DISCO make money.

That is why this is just another story to cover up the disappointment that APC has turned out to be even for their supporters.
Sadly, telling lies is one form of corruption, which many of us ignore.
Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by daniella04: 11:19am On Apr 10, 2017
Can we all hash tag #prepaidmeter so the authorities will see we are serious with our demands let it trend for Weeks if possible months till they address the issue. I hate complaining when we can demand for solution. Just as we did that of the reality show it means we can make things happen through social media

1 Like

Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by bareal(m): 11:20am On Apr 10, 2017
maxiuc:
my prepaid meter have not seen light for 5days now in lugbe fha abuja

so no light no payment

get your prepaid by any means meet those nepa boys find them small change dem go help you source for one thats how i got mine

You will still pay 'maintenance' fee, that's how it's going down
Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by rubyradiance(f): 11:21am On Apr 10, 2017
May God punish Funke and her BEDC
Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 10, 2017
i swear the only way to fix 9ja is to close all boaders, KILL ALL THE POLITICIANS & HIGH GOVERNMENT APPOINTESS, START AFRESH WITH A DEATH PENALTY FOR ANY IDI#OT WHO STEAL ANYTHING MORETHAN 5K

1 Like

Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by chloride6: 11:26am On Apr 10, 2017
Poor technical knowledge on the part of the writer.

You mean 10,200mWH which is a measure of energy not power.
Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by chloride6: 11:27am On Apr 10, 2017
bareal:

You will still pay 'maintenance' fee, that's how it's going down

No more maintenance fee, at least here in IBEDC

2 Likes

Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by Cometova(m): 11:28am On Apr 10, 2017
Publish your CHANGE OF NAME with ease!!!

Just Married?
BVN issues?
Or
Just want to Effect a Change/Confirmation of Name in a widely read Newspaper?

@ just N7000 in any Newspaper of your choice you can have it done instantly.

DIAL 08071113399 NOW!!!

Fees for Each Newspaper:

★The Guardian - N7000
Gets Published on SATURDAYS

★The Nation - N7000
Gets Published on SUNDAYS

★Champion - N7000
Gets Published on any day of the week.

★The Punch - N9000
Gets Published on THURSDAYS

Contact Me:

www.con.dotuncometova.com
www.dotuncometova.com
Trending Ad on Facebook: www./ncj7000
BB Pin: 58F5E533
Facebook: www.fb.com/dotuncometova
Twitter: www.twitter.com/dotuncometova
Instagram: www.instagram.com/dotuncometova

#married
#newlywed
#saturday
#wedding
#weddingbells
#bvn
#dotuncometova

Powered by: Dotun Cometova

Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by thecommunist(m): 11:31am On Apr 10, 2017
GreatEngineer:
Stories, so what did you do with the rejected mwhr? You throw them into the ocean right? Liars!
what they mean by rejection is that they refused to confirm that they will take the power if generated by the GENCOS.
the way it happenes is that if ane when the GENCOS have the capacity to generate a certain amount of megawatts, they will get in touch with NERC (national electricity regulatory commission) who will in turn will get in touch the the DISCOS who needs the power and tell them so so megawatt is ready to be generated, if they want they will tell them to go ahead and generate it that they will accept/receive it. the problem is that most DISCOS cant manage large amount of power generated because it will result in debt for them as most consumers will bypass (for prepaid)or refused to pay at the end of the month(for post paid) after enjoying a month long electricity supply

3 Likes

Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by MaziOmenuko: 11:32am On Apr 10, 2017
This has been a recurring problem with the DISCOs. They do this mostly where there is post-paid metre.They send an estimated bill and don't think it necessary to supply the light since they get money from end users with estimated bill.

GreatEngineer:
Stories, so what did you do with the rejected mwhr? You throw them into the ocean right? Liars!

And you called yourself an engineer?

2 Likes

Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by erico2k2(m): 11:35am On Apr 10, 2017
thecommunist:
what they mean by rejection is that they refused to confirm that they will take the power if generated by the gencos.
the way it happenes is that if ane when the GENCOS have the capacity to generate a certain amount of megawatts, the NERC will get intouch the the DISCOS and tell them so so megawatt is ready to be generated, if they want they will tell them to go ahead and generate it that they will receicve it. the problem is that most DISCOS cant manage large amount of power generated because it will result in debt for them because most consumers will bypass or refused to pay at the end of the month(for post paid) after enjoying a month long electricity supply
Lie, it just mean they are going to charge consumers for electricity the neither received or supplied.

2 Likes

Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by shortgun(m): 11:35am On Apr 10, 2017
If the Discos supply electricity.
You will pay.
If they don't supply electricity.
You will still pay.
So why do you think they will want to supply you electricity?
Are they stupid?

This is why we have a always said that this government is only fighting its perceived enemies and not fighting corruption.
If what the Discos are doing is not corruption I wonder what it is.
This same Discos didn't have the opportunity to do what they are doing now in the last administration.
Buhari keeps failing and shaming his supporters in every sector.

3 Likes

Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by shortgun(m): 11:37am On Apr 10, 2017
thecommunist:
what they mean by rejection is that they refused to confirm that they will take the power if generated by the GENCOS.
the way it happenes is that if ane when the GENCOS have the capacity to generate a certain amount of megawatts, they will get in touch with NERC (national electricity regulatory commission) who will in turn will get in touch the the DISCOS who needs the power and tell them so so megawatt is ready to be generated, if they want they will tell them to go ahead and generate it that they will accept/receive it. the problem is that most DISCOS cant manage large amount of power generated because it will result in debt for them as most consumers will bypass (for prepaid)or refused to pay at the end of the month(for post paid) after enjoying and month long electricity supply
You don't know what you are saying.
Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by ifeanyi317(m): 11:38am On Apr 10, 2017
i dont understand where all this figure daily trust are fronting. cos those energy meter need to be calibrated.
To the issue of discos rejecting Load i dont think is possible cos they need more supply ( the higher the supply the higher the revenue generated).
we need to ask our self question like was their capacity to pick the load from both Transmission(the 132-33kV lines and panel) and Distribution line ( 11-.415KV). and what has the Govt Owned Transmission station done to improve their present capacity. the last time i checked most of the equipment are old and cannot function to full capacity.
all this issues need to be fixed and looked into before someone will come and be shouting discos are rejecting Load.
How can discos reject Load when they are not even getting the required Load per day.
Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by thecommunist(m): 11:41am On Apr 10, 2017
shortgun:

You don't know what you are saying.
please correct me, i am willing to learn.
Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by ngng: 11:46am On Apr 10, 2017
Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by ifeanyi317(m): 11:47am On Apr 10, 2017
thecommunist:
the way it happenes is that if ane when the GENCOS have the capacity to generate a certain amount of megawatts, they will get in touch with NERC (national electricity regulatory commission) who will in turn will get in touch the the DISCOS who needs the power and tell them so so megawatt is ready to be generated, if they want they will tell them to go ahead and generate it that they will accept/receive it. the problem is that most DISCOS cant manage large amount of power generated because it will result in debt for them as most consumers will bypass (for prepaid)or refused to pay at the end of the month(for post paid) aflineter enjoying a month long electricity supply

Electricity is not stored but used as it is produced immediately. Each Discos have a certain percentage it get from the NERC. although some factor cause this allotted percentage not to get to the discos this is as a result of line losses and some other ascertained causes out of their control.
The energy gotten from NERC pass through the Transmission station which steps it down to 33kV from 132kV. which then goes to the injection station of discos which in turn steps it down to 11kV which enters your transformer near your home which in turn transform it to 0.415 KV tat is been transmitted to our house for use. The light you are using is been generated immediately and never stored as it is used.

1 Like

Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by lexy2014: 11:48am On Apr 10, 2017
LastSurvivor11:
10,000mw from where when I have not seen Nepa light in weeks
am more surprised with Benin.most of it coverage area go on for days without light with supply not more than ten minutes a day if it comes at all yet they rejected supply from TCN.are some people in this country alright?
Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by lexy2014: 11:48am On Apr 10, 2017
LastSurvivor11:
10,000mw from where when I have not seen Nepa light in weeks
am more surprised with Benin disco. most of it coverage area go on for days without light with supply not more than ten minutes a day if it comes at all yet they rejected supply from TCN.are some people in this country alright?
Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by xdos(m): 11:49am On Apr 10, 2017
'More than 70% of people' you say? That is one damn lie the DISCOs want us to believe. Good thing I have also read from here and also confirmed from a friend who is a Manager with EEDC that they now have better ones mounted on poles. What stops them from installing them?

One good thing I have read in ages from Enugu State HOA is the order for EEDC to leave Enugu State. Since Fashola is still asleep, Enugu state have decided to take the Bull by the horn and there is also a message going on on whatsapp for people to assemble for a protest. I hope other states do the same.

The solution to our power problem starts with fixing the DISCOs first. Imagine our grid frequency always above normal. It is very rare for the frequency to go below 51Hz. Infact, visit our GENCOs and you see most of them even with an installed capacity of up to or even more than 600MW, they only run 1 or 2 units and generate less than 200MW because they dont want to overload the grid.

If 'estimated billing scam' is eliminated and the end users have prepaid meters, the DISCOs would have no other option than to improve their system to accept as much energy as possible so they can make more money.

Enough is enough for these DISCOs. We cant keep sitting and watch them do whatever they like. Time for every state to rise and protest against this 'Estimated billing' scam. #ourmumudondo!
jarkbauer:

The problem in Power sector is enormous. I dont deceive myself.. stable light in Nigeria is a mirage. More than 70% of people with prepaid meters bypass it. Some Nigeria dont like to pay for power.
Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by thecommunist(m): 11:59am On Apr 10, 2017
ifeanyi317:

Electricity is not stored but used as it is produced immediately. Each Discos have a certain percentage it get from the NERC. although some factor cause this allotted percentage not to get to the discos this is as a result of line losses and some other ascertained causes out of their control.
The energy gotten from NERC pass through the Transmission station which steps it down to 33kV from 132kV. which then goes to the injection station of discos which in turn steps it down to 11kV which enters your transformer near your home which in turn transform it to 0.415 KV tat is been transmitted to our house for use. The light you are using is been generated immediately and never stored as it is used.
i did not say electricity is/was stored, i said they need to get confirmation of acceptance from DISCOS before GENCOS will go ahead to generate, even if they generate and no DISCOS will accept at that time, they will simply shut down part or all of their generating plant.
Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by 4peace(m): 12:03pm On Apr 10, 2017
thecommunist:
the way it happenes is that if ane when the GENCOS have the capacity to generate a certain amount of megawatts, they will get in touch with NERC (national electricity regulatory commission) who will in turn will get in touch the the DISCOS who needs the power and tell them so so megawatt is ready to be generated, if they want they will tell them to go ahead and generate it that they will accept/receive it. the problem is that most DISCOS cant manage large amount of power generated because it will result in debt for them as most consumers will bypass (for prepaid)or refused to pay at the end of the month(for post paid) after enjoying a month long electricity supply

You are partially right but i can tell reason for rejection by Ikeja electric was routine maintenance that Transition company is carried out since beginning of this year.

I reside in an area who have been in the middle of this nonsense,they did the maintenance in feb then we fall into power rotation of popular one month power outage announced early march. Up till now the light never be the same again.

http://www.ikejaelectric.com/planned-outage-ikeja-westalimosho-132kv-lines/

http://www.ikejaelectric.com/ikeja-electric-announces-power-interruption/

http://www.ikejaelectric.com/planned-outage-ikeja-westoworo-transmission-stations/

http://www.ikejaelectric.com/planned-outage-ikorodu-transmission-station/

My point is that sometimes we dont bother to verify info even if the truth is staring at us.
Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by SalamRushdie: 12:03pm On Apr 10, 2017
when the DISCOS are allowed to bill their customers for darkness why will they not reject electricity from GENCO

1 Like

Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by alsudaes1(m): 12:06pm On Apr 10, 2017
Jabioro:
Huge amount, resources wasted and @ end they will be sharing crazy bill to cover what she has rejected ..exploitation every where.

SalamRushdie:
when the DISCOS are allowed to bill their customers for darkness why will they not reject electricity from GENCO

That's the major reason, ESTIMATED BILLING, if only they can get us all metered, they will not reject 1 megawatt

The Minister should rather enforce that all customers are given prepaid meters

1 Like

Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by Funkybabee(f): 12:06pm On Apr 10, 2017
y did they reject it ? is it because it will destroy generator or plant market

every where is full of corruption
Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by Werehkpe: 12:09pm On Apr 10, 2017
How can they reject 10,200MW when Nigeria as a country generates barely 5000MW?

Its like I am not underSTOOD Ooooooo
Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by 4peace(m): 12:09pm On Apr 10, 2017
Funkybabee:
y did they rejected it ? is it because it's will destroy generator or plant market

If servicing of generator will last 1 week,are going to continue to buy fuel daily ?
Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by Efomeh2020(m): 12:10pm On Apr 10, 2017
It is obvious that the discos are not investing in the sector. they are interested in recovering the capital spent on buying the company. They don't have the capacity to equitably distribute the electricity generated by the gencos. We all clamoured for the sales of these assets as though the private sector has never failed.

1 Like

Re: Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month by alsudaes1(m): 12:10pm On Apr 10, 2017
Funkybabee:
y did they reject it ? is it because it will destroy generator or plant market

Modify your post as per the bolded

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Met With Maina In Dubai - Malami Tells Senate Panel / Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) / Osun APC Guber Primary Lacks Credibility – Aregbesola’s Faction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.