Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) (36299 Views)

The Lies And The Truths: Economic State Of Ile-ife, Nigeria / The Divorce Papers / Lies From Pretty Lips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Buttersss(f): 9:33am On Apr 14, 2017
Jsaviour:
You made me login to nairaland after over a year now. Your story is wow. Please ride on. More ink to you.

Thanks dr
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Buttersss(f): 9:34am On Apr 14, 2017
xaviercasmir:
Nice update. RIDE ON
Thanks dear
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by dammyluv911(f): 9:45am On Apr 14, 2017
wow dear ur good
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by aprilwise(m): 5:53pm On Apr 14, 2017
following to the last full stop. i see more dramas happening, nice one
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 14, 2017
bimberry1307:
I have landed. wizsolzy, ikombe, hadampson, TheblessedMAN, chumzypinky, yusufibrahim, creeza, prettyhurts, ladyverere, heemah, bibi294, comelyjummy, another one don cook o.

Thanks for the mention
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by yusufibrahim(m): 10:45am On Apr 15, 2017
bimberry1307:
I have landed. wizsolzy, ikombe, hadampson, TheblessedMAN, chumzypinky, yusufibrahim, creeza, prettyhurts, ladyverere, heemah, bibi294, comelyjummy, another one don cook o.
thanks for the mention am here this is a very interesting story ride on MA we are with u
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Angelsss(f): 6:41pm On Apr 15, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Buttersss(f): 6:42pm On Apr 15, 2017

‘who do I have here….’? Zainab hugged Amaka as she walked in carrying her baby in her arms…Edima had arrived earlier and had treated herself to a cup of cold Zobo drink…

‘welcome baby mama…you look hot in that dress…’ Edima complimented her friend…

‘hey don’t call me that, at least I am still married to his father….’ Amaka winked and hugged Edima lovingly…

‘where’s Lola…?’ she finally asked as she settled into a seat beside Edima…

‘still the same question I asked Zee’ Edima gulped more of the drink…

‘girls, a lot has been going on with Lola…sometimes I get confused…she has refused to let me in…but I know for sure, she is in a very bad place, we need to pray for her….’Zainab offered weakly…Lola had changed…usually when Femi hurt her, she would spill her guts to them all…but this time was different, like she was hiding something…

‘she hasn’t returned my calls either….maybe we should go over her place after this…’ Edima checked through her phone…

‘I think she deserves privacy…god knows what that fool of her husband has done this time…maybe we should send thugs after him…’ Amaka was quite pissed…

‘hey slow down…’ Zee rubbed her hand…

‘you know Zee, sometimes I envy you…your relationship with Abdul is quite amazing…you are both perfect for each other…I wish I could have that…’ she shook her head slightly…

‘honey but Sly is perfect for you…that guy is the best cook ever…’ Edima wondered why her friend sounded so hopeless…

‘I wish he was….’ Amaka exchanged glares with Zainab, Edima didn’t know of Sly’s latest escapade…

‘what? Why are you two looking at each other? Is my make-up funny’? Edima wondered…

‘no, sorry we couldn’t tell you then, but Sylvester cheated on Amaka with his secretary…’ Zainab explained quietly….

‘true that!’ Amaka pecked her baby softly as Edima’s eyes widened with surprise…

‘no, oh God Amy…I am so sorry…how could he do this to you’? she pulled her glass away and focused on her friend….

‘no don’t do that, don’t pity me…I am doing fine by myself…..i’ll pull through this but I’ll make his life a living hell…’ Amy pulled her guards up…

‘are you sure about that? ‘ Edima asked…

‘yes, guess what I told him? We would only have sex with condoms and we won’t speak to each other except it’s really necessary…’Amaka told her friends about her plan…

‘wow…that’s a bit….’ Zainab tried to find the right words for her friend’s ridiculous idea…

‘INTENSE….’ Edima supplied…what was Amaka thinking?

‘Wait, he was the one who cheated on me? Hello? Remember? I need your support on this…’ how could her friends betray her?

‘honey I am going to be honest with you…You’re lucky Sly even confessed to cheating, most men don’t do it…instead when they feel guilty, they buy you gifts or start acting nice…I think you deserve to be mad…to cry and feel hurt but you have to do everything in moderation…’ Zainab spoke coolly but lay emphasis on each word…

‘Zee is right Amaka, giving him the cold shoulder when he wants to make love to you or ignoring him wouldn’t help you, you’ll only hurt yourself…I think you should try and forgive Sly…that guy is a good one…I think his secretary seduced him…he is hardly the type to commit adultery…why don’t you speak to him? Or see a therapist? …if you ignore him for too long…he may find his way back into the arms of another woman…most men cheat Amy…this one confessed…so give him a chance…’ Edima advised…

‘I can’t believe you guys are my friend…what makes you think Sly isn’t lying? Was I at the office with him? What if his affair with Doyin has been going on for a long time and maybe she is trying to blackmail him and he came running to me…I don’t get why you should support me…’ she was frustrated…

‘Amy, you don’t get this do you? The day you signed up for marriage…the day you took those vows before the priest and the congregation, you had accepted anything Sly would bring to the table…you really need to forgive him…whatever you do remember your son…’ Zainab insisted…inwardly praising God for her husband who had no reason to cheat on her during their years of marriage….

‘you think it’s that easy’? she snorted at her tow friends …

‘eventually you have to forgive him…he is your husband…’Edima cut in…

‘be careful Amy…don’t let your revengeful heart destroy what you and Sly had together, it was really beautiful….maybe you should go on a vacation…that could help you know’? Zainab suggested…

‘You make all this sound easy…has Abdul cheated on you before? I don’t think either of you understands what I am going through…I wish Lola were here…she would be by my side…’ Amy was still bent on going ahead with her plans…

‘no, why would he cheat on me? I give him everything he wants…I am thinking of wearing those lingeries he bought me…’ Zainab winked…she was so proud of her man…

‘you sound really naughty…I know you’re just saying that…’Edima burst out laughing…

‘that is coming from a woman who wears hijab in front of her female friends…..’ Amy couldn’t hold back the laughter…

‘am I that outdated’? Zee smiled, happy that the mood had lightened…if only Lola were here…

‘not outdated…ancient is the word…’Edima almost choked on her drink…

‘so what did you have to tell us….’? Amaka quickly checked her phone which buzzed loudly…

‘uhmmm…I met this guy…’ she started a bit unsure…

‘i’mma drink to that!...’ Amaka yelled and gestured for a glass….

‘let’s hear her out honey…’ Zee relaxed on her chair….

‘okay, I had this lecture to deliver at a seminar…then this guy kept smiling at me during the lecture…he reminded me of Fred….then when I was about leaving…he came along and asked for my number…’ she fiddled with her fingers…

‘and’? they both chorused…

‘and….i think I did something very stupid…’ Edima had never felt this way about any man for a very long time…

‘please don’t tell me you yelled at him….is he cute?’ Amaka was every bit the curious cat…

‘I told him to back off that I am married….’ She stuttered…

‘oh my God….are you serious? You told this guy you were married?’ Zainab shook her head in unbelief….

‘what were you thinking Edima? From the way you sound…it’s like you like him already…’ Amaka was a bit disappointed…

‘yes, I made a grave mistake, now I’ll never see him again…’ she closed her eyes for a moment….

‘hey look at me…if you two are meant to be…he will find you…our hearts never lie…do you know anything about him? What does he do? Maybe we could find him on internet…’ Zainab asked…

‘no, but I think he told me his name is Omale…that’s all I remember…’ Edima was frightened by the possibility of never seeing him again…

‘uhmm…ladies, I think I have to go…Sly just texted me about the arrival of his cousin Ben…’ Amaka sighed…

‘so what do I do? Tell me?’ Edima tapped her fingers nervously on the table…

‘Pray, tomorrow is Sunday, Pray…I’ll include you in my prayers dear…’ Zainab smiled warmly at Edima…

‘you’re always so religious…well Edima…as I said earlier, if your hearts are for each other…you shall meet again…’ Amaka kissed her cheek and waved them goodbye…

‘alright…I guess I should go too…I’ll check on Lola later…’ Edima hugged Zee and hurried out…

‘Sweet friends …..’ Zainab smiled happily….it was one thing to have friends, it was another to sustain that friendship over the years…

‘Is that you Aisha? Umaima I thought I told you to watch after your sister….’ Zainab wondered which of her kids was knocking on the door which was obviously opened…

‘peace be unto this house…’ a female voice spoke…

‘Good afternoon…can I help you’? Zainab turned to see a very elegant young woman…

She was short and light skinned, she didn’t wear a hijab but tied a turban on her head and a scarf over her shoulders…

She wore dangling earrings that fell to her shoulders and her fingers and forearms were decorated with black henna…she was a very beautiful girl…

Her lips were painted red and very attractive to look out, her nose was erect and proud and her eyes possessed a confidence Zainab couldn’t understand…and she saw her younger self in this girl that stood before her…

‘I am looking for Mallam Amjad Abdul…’ she moistened her lips…while her eyes scanned the whole parlor expectantly…

‘Oh, my husband…who are you please’? Zainab was surprised at herself for sounding so possessive …

‘I am his secretary…a client came complaining about our service, so I thought I should let him know…my name is Farida…’ she explained…

‘oh, I see…he never told me he had a secretary…Abdul isn’t around…’ she felt uneasy looking at this girl…

‘okay Madam, have a nice day…may Allah’s countenance shine upon you and your household…’ Farida bowed and walked out briskly…

‘Amin….’Zainab replied and rushed to the window to stare after the girl…

For the first time since her marriage to Abdul, she became terrified ….

5 Likes

Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Alennsar(f): 7:55pm On Apr 15, 2017
I just hope is not too late for her
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Jsaviour(f): 12:34pm On Apr 16, 2017
I love as it comes hot, we await more updates. More ink to write.
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Chumzypinky(f): 5:45pm On Apr 17, 2017
See babe, lemme just warn u eh...if u kill me with suspensial heartattack eh, if you kill me with lack-of-updatesial heartattack eh, be lest assured that my hubby TheBlessedMan wouldnt spare you. I'm very sure of that fact.
You want to kill me with suspense shey? I will not talk 2 u again #boning-face
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Buttersss(f): 5:51pm On Apr 17, 2017
Chumzypinky:
See babe, lemme just warn u eh...if u kill me with suspensial heartattack eh, if you kill me with lack-of-updatesial heartattack eh, be lest assured that my hubby TheBlessedMan wouldnt spare you. I'm very sure of that fact.
You want to kill me with suspense shey? I will not talk 2 u again #boning-face

lols keep calm
Jsaviour:
I love as it comes hot, we await more updates. More ink to write.
Amen! thank u
Alennsar:
I just hope is not too late for her
abi
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Chumzypinky(f): 7:27pm On Apr 17, 2017
Buttersss:

lols keep calm
when are we expecting an update?
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by bimberry1307(f): 12:08pm On Apr 18, 2017
Ehn, madam Buttersss never drop any update till now! Haba,you wan kill person with suspense ni? oya drop something.
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Buttersss(f): 12:09pm On Apr 18, 2017
bimberry1307:
Ehn, madam Buttersss never drop any update till now! Haba,you wan kill person with suspense ni? oya drop something.
tongue
bimberry1307:
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Buttersss(f): 12:12pm On Apr 18, 2017
‘so how is Germany….’? That was the first time he’d spoken to his cousin since he picked him from the airport….

Ben had been on call talking to some lady …yes, from the way he’d sounded, Sly knew his cousin was talking to a woman…

‘been fine bro….and how has married life been with you’? Ben paused and looked around the house as he dropped his luggage…

‘why should you ask me that’? Sly returned a bit fierce…he’d not gotten over the fact that Ben had missed his wedding…

‘man, I am sorry…okay, I promise to make it up to you…I was very busy at the time of the wedding…I am sorry I didn’t get to meet your wife…but I’ll still meet her right’? Ben was apologetic…

‘sure…let me fetch you a drink…’ Sly packed the luggages and headed to the cellar first…

‘so long a time…’ Ben whispered to himself and walked closer to where the pictures hung gracefully adding to the lovely theme of the parlor…

The painting of a nude woman holding a child to her breasts attracted him….he loved paintings a lot…it reminded him of Bruce Onabrakpeya’s work, ‘Negritude’….

Then his eyes strayed so her smiling face….her eyes were golden and they danced with laughter….they were clouded by a canopy of long, thick and dark lashes…he wondered if they were natural? She sat on a rocky terrain and threw one slender but shapely leg to the air…she was a sight to behold…her long neck was graceful…it reminded him of the Ostriches he’d seen on his way back to Nigeria…

Who was she? He brushed the picture slightly….she was perfect and highly photogenic as her caramel complexion twinkled …

‘that’s Amaka….’ Sly smiled proudly as he returned with a bottle of white wine…

‘Amaka’? Ben raised his brows…

‘my wife…mother of my son Odinaka….’ He supplied…

‘oh! She’s absolutely stunning….’ Ben was unsettled by the beauty of the woman in the photograph and he wondered if she were this beautiful in person…the picture woudn’t flee his memory but he made strong effort not to fix his eyes on it…he hated staring at people’s wife talk more of his cousin’s…

‘so tell me about your love life…when are you getting married Ben’? Sly poured the drinks…

‘I don’t have a girlfriend presently….but I do have a very interesting sex life…do you wanna hear it’? he winked at Sly who wrinkled his nose in disgust…

‘please don’t tell me you’re gay…’ Sly paused and stared at his cousin who was clearly amused at his line of thought…

‘don’t make me laugh man…do I look gay to you’? Sly chuckled softly…

‘I don’t know…you know white culture has a way of influencing Africans who reside there…so I’m keeping my fingers crossed…’ he swallowed his drink hurriedly…

‘I can never be gay…I don’t have a girlfriend Sly…I am too busy to keep one…who knows? I may find myself a wife before I return to Germany…’ he gulped his drink…

‘that my friend, would be your greatest accomplishment….’ Sly raised a glass in toast…

‘I have money….i am satisfied…that is my greatest accomplishment…’ Ben rebutted his cousin’s statement…

‘no, you need a woman by your side…a tall, beautiful, shapely…hardworking, intelligent, very good in bed….’ Sly paused as Amaka walked in with their child…

‘I guess you were describing your wife…’Ben’s eyes brightened as Amaka walked towards them and instantly, he knew he would never be the same…

She wore a mini skirt that showed off her sexy legs and the tank top she wore revealed her tommy slightly…how could a mother of one be this hot?
He quickly poured himself more drink to adjust to the situation as she drew closer to where he sat…

‘welcome….’Amaka forced a smile…she had to pretend before this stranger…definitely that was Sly’s cousin…Benson or whatever his name was…

She scanned him briefly and noticed the slight resemblance he shared with Sly….but he was lightskinned with a mass of black hair and low cut beards….

His eyes were soft and dreamy, Sylvester’s cousin looked very much a Casanova, the likes of Ramsey Noah and Majid Michel…

‘hey darling, come over here…’ Sly was a bit excited by her expression…had Amaka forgiven him? He would find out later…

‘this is Benson, my cousin I told you about….he would be staying with us for a while…’ Sly took her waist with his free hand…

‘hello Benson… I am Amaka, pleased to meet you…’ she offered a hand which he took too quickly…

Their hands bonded for some moments, her heart fluttered at the softness of his touch and she imagined being with a masseuse…she quickly withdrew her hand as a strange sensation crept up her neck…why was she acting like a school girl?

‘call me Ben….’ He focused on her eyes…she was more beautiful in person…Amaka was a goddess…

‘I have to go check the baby…’ she cleared her throat and excused herself…

‘no problem…’ Sly kissed his baby and dropped his glass….

‘I am sorry to say this, but I already made reservations at a hotel…’ Benson lied…he couldn’t stay in that house …

‘are you kidding me? Sometimes I wonder if I have offended you in any way…’ Sly picked the glass again…

‘no, don’t say that….remember I told you I have a very interesting sex life’? Benson swallowed nervously, he had to leave that place that minute…he couldn’t face her again…she was like an inferno…and infernos consumed their victim…

‘what is your sex life about really’? Sly lifted a brow in curiosity…

‘I do threesomes…’ that was another lie…

‘what? That’s crazy…’ Sly shrugged, he wasn’t surprised, his cousin had always had a rough edge since their youthful days…

‘not surprised? So you see my cousin, I really have to go…but I’ll come here frequently…I need to bond with little Odinaka you know’? he winked…

‘why don’t you stay the night and leave tomorrow? I don’t remember chasing you…’ Sly suggested…

‘my intention isn’t to make you feel bad…okay, I shall stay the weekend…is that okay’? he threw his hands to the air…

‘better cousin…now let me show you some pictures…’ Sly was quite excited his cousin had decided to spend the weekend…

‘no problem…go ahead…’ Ben swallowed the drink and prayed he would withstand watching her pictures …
Sundays were usually dull and depressing for her, Frederick had that accident that took his life on Sunday, she still remembered…she still dreaded that day that took the most precious gift she had away…

But this Sunday was totally different, she hadn’t been to church for a very long time…maybe it was time to seek God, maybe it was time to go back to her creator for help…

‘pray, if you’re meant for each other, your hearts would find each other….’ Amaka’s words echoed in her head….

She had seen him in her dream...he had appeared in her dream, did that have any meaning?

‘Omale…’ she whispered his name as she pulled her curtains apart….

The yellow rays of the morning sun pierced the glasses and fell on the empty bed…it warmed her skin and made her feel alive…

She moved over to where his portrait lay, the man that had loved her with everything in him…this time she didn’t sob, she didn’t feel sad…it was time to pay a visit to the real world….

‘I’ll always love you…but I have to do this…I know you’ll want the best for me…’ she kissed the dead man’s face and quickly dropped his picture in a drawer….

‘I guess I am ready now…’ she looked at her appearance and smiled satisfactorily…

She wore a bubble gown made of Ankara and a black turban…her make-up was very light…could God really answer her prayers about finding that man? She felt foolish at first, she knew nothing about this man except for his name…but her heart told her to find him…

Without looking back, she slid into her and ignited the engine…she had to pray, then she would wait patiently for God’s answer…

The cathedral was a glorious monument….she paused not knowing what to do next….she wasn’t sure about this…there was still time to turn back….

‘Lord help me….’ She finally made up her mind and walked into the massive building which swallowed her petite form immediately …

‘The lord is in his holy place, let the whole earth keep silent…’ the pastor was opening the service with a short prayer…
Thankfully, people’s eyes were closed so she had ample time to rush in without their glances at her…since the demise of her husband…she couldn’t remember the last time she came to church…

She had just come to pray to God and planned to sneak out before the close of service to avoid pitiful glances and questions from nosy church members…maybe they cared for her, maybe they weren’t nosy…but Edima hated being the object of attention….

‘this way madam…’ an usher led her to an empty seat and she smiled graciously at the young man…things had really changed in the church she observed…

‘Amen…’ she joined the others in chorus as the Pastor began making declarations…

‘thank you …’ a familiar voice spoke…and she knew someone had been offered a seat next to hers…

She couldn’t help it…she quickly forced her eyes open and found him staring at her in shock…what was going on here?

‘we meet again…’ Omale whispered trying not to distract others….

‘uhmmm…’ Edima tried to say something but her mouth felt dry…was he stalking her or something? This was too much of a coincidence….

‘darling have you seen my purse’? a young woman took a seat next to him and her heart sank…was he married? She wondered, but there was no ring…

‘no June…we’ll search for it later…’ he replied carelessly and turned to face the woman that haunted his dreams…

‘why don’t we seat over there…’ ? the young woman suggested and eyed Edima briefly…

‘no, we’ll seat here…but you can move there if you want…’ he suggested…

June was his late wife’s best friend…after Ene’s death they’d become quite close and with her help he was able to pull through the depression that tormented him after the burial of his lovely wife…

June had always been there for him, she understood him more than any other person could…sometimes she spent time at his place…though nothing ever transpired between them…he was careful about it…besides she was in a relationship of her own…

June was twenty nine years old and single, hopefully her boyfriend would propose to her soon… he hadn’t met the guy personally but June had always told him stories about her lover…

He loved June in a special way…she was motherly and very matured….he had told her about Edima Bassey, the lady that took his breath away, he couldn’t wait for service to be over for proper introductions to be made…he hoped she wouldn’t snub him this time…

‘stubborn guy…’ June mused uneasily…wondering who the other lady was as she kept exchanging glares with Omale…her stomach fluttered as she caught Omale staring at the other woman….

‘we meet yet again, my pretty….’Omale whispered close to her, he couldn’t believe his luck, all weekend he’d thought about the feisty Edima Bassey that had blown his mind away….and here she was sitting right beside him…

It made him believe all the more that they were meant for each other…

‘do you mind’? Edima averted her gaze from his beautiful eyes and faced the pastor…

‘I hope you know you and I are meant together….’ Omale pressed on….

‘Omale….are you okay’? June was concerned about her best friend…was he exchanging words with the other woman?

‘alright June, let’s concentrate…we have a lot to talk about after service…’ he smiled briefly and faced the pulpit…

She wasn’t herself as she kept stealing glances at him, was this real? Her heart raced beneath her chest, things were happening to fast…it felt like she was stuck in a dream and unable to return to reality…

But there he was, it was no dream, he was every bit adorable in his navy blue tuxedo….very pleasing to the eyes indeed…

She suddenly felt nervous as she scanned the woman that sat beside him…it didn’t look like they were lovers…but what if they were? What if he was already taken?

She suddenly felt stupid for acting all up previously…how could she blow this chance God had given her? This was a second chance, she would take it and explore it….
Seeing him right there and then, gave her the conviction that somehow they would end up together….

The Preacher spoke about ‘faith’, Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen…

He implored the congregation to hold fast their faith both in pleasing times and trying times…because without faith no man could please God…

‘Oh Happy Day….’ The choir chanted the hymn joyously with brought the service to an end….that wasn’t her plan…

She hadn’t planned to stay till closing of the church…she didn’t want the church members to come flooding around her…she hated pity…that could even get her emotional and she didn’t want to see him this way…

‘shake five members before you go, God bless you all…’ the preacher smiled and the grace was said…

‘are you going to refuse me now’? Omale smiled and offered his hand….

‘we have to hurry home dear, remember your elder sister’s child dedication…we have to be there on time else she would be vexed …’ June cut in feeling slightly irritated at his reluctance to go home…

The voice of the woman shook her from her reverie…she had been lost in his eyes…he was such a fine man that she forgot his hand was still hanging…

‘oh, my bad…’ she quickly took it in hers…

‘I am most shocked to see you here…I take it that you aren’t a first timer’? Omale grinned…

‘no, actually I worshipped here…before….’ She paused not knowing how to say the words that wouldn’t set her free..

‘before’? he rubbed her hand gently as the pain flashed in her eyes, this one was so fragile…he had to be careful with her…

‘Omale?’ June eyed the woman angrily…what was going on?

‘June…meet my friend…remember that awesome woman I told you about? The one that delivered that mind blowing lecture? Edima’ his eyes stayed on hers while he made introductions…

‘oh…hello…call me June…’ she forced a smile and eyed Edima suspiciously …

‘I am Edima….’ She wondered why there was so much disdain in the gaze of Omale’s friend…was she his girlfriend?

‘I thought she was married? Where is your husband? Meanwhile I love your gown…it suits you perfectly…’ June observed the gloom that spread on Omale’s face…had she said something bad?

‘uhmmm…not really…’ Edima forced the pain that clogged her throat…had he really believed she was married?

‘it’s okay, you don’t have to answer that…June here is my bestfriend and she could be very blunt at times…’ Omale looked from June to Edima…

‘Sister Edima…I can’t believe this…how have you been’? Mrs Shola walked briskly towards them…she was the pastors’s wife and head of the women fellowship..

‘Good day Madam….’ Edima rose to acknowledge her…

‘Mummy good afternoon…’ June flashed the woman her sweetest smile…

‘ah, my daughter June…Brother Omale…it seems you three know each other…’the woman was super excited that Edima had returned to church…

‘yes it seems so…’ Omale replied cheerfully…so Edima had worshipped here before? Well, he had recently started worshipping with the ‘Grace Arena’ church for a year now, it was June that cajoled him to leave his church for hers and he liked it there…

‘Edima I’ll see you later before you leave…have fun…’ she waved the trio goodbye…

‘wow…so you’ve worshipped here before? How come I know nothing about you’? June was curious…

‘i haven’t been to church for three years now…’ Edima replied wondering why June was so nosy…

‘you look beautiful …’ Omale complimented her…

‘you too…’ she smiled shyly…

‘I really have to go now as June had rightly said, my elder sister is having a party and we cannot be late…so here’s my card or better still let’s exchange contacts…I’ll call you…’ he handed her his complimentary card…

‘it’s okay…’ she dialed her number into his cell phone…

‘Hurry will you’? June stamped her feet like an over pampered child…

‘patience is a virtue…’Omale winked at her….

‘here it is….’ She handed him the phone….

‘Edima….what’s the meaning of your name?...i know you’re from Akwa-Ibom or Cross River…we share some boundaries…’ he aked…

‘Edima means… ‘my love or my beloved…’ whichever one…where are you from’? she returned his question…

‘Benue…I think I would store your name as ‘my love’ he stared intently into her eyes to see her reaction…

‘oh, that sounds nice…’ she fiddled with her scarf…

‘okay my love, let me go for that party…I would call you and text you everyday….is that okay’? he asked as he joined the impatient June…

‘yes of course…’ her insides tingled with excitement and hope…

‘bye dear….’ He waved at her and walked off with June who didn’t spare her a glance…

‘bye…’ she whispered softly and pressed her palm to her beating chest…why did he have to be so sweet? And what was June to him? She’d observed the way he related with her…they were platonic friends but she still wasn’t comfortable…

She glanced briefly at the card and smiled…this one was a Doctor eh? He was an Optic surgeon who owned a hospital…

She concluded right there, that Omale Ibrahim was one of the most humble men she’d come across…she couldn’t wait to see the girls and tell them about this…

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Buttersss(f): 12:15pm On Apr 18, 2017
The yellow Sunday sun had receded to a dull orange colour and it became evening for many. Some decided to stay home with their family while some decided to hang out with their friends…Sundays were always special…

‘I hope she’s okay…’ Amaka checked her phone for the ninth time, still no message or call from Lola…she needed to get in touch with her friend…

The house was abnormally quiet, yes, things had changed now since the day he confessed having a torrid affair with his secretary…nothing was ever going to be the same…

Thankfully, his cousin Benson had gone out…his presence had made her feel self conscious in a weird way…she’d only felt that way in their early days of marriage…

Benson was trouble and she decided to keep her distance…he was an angel and sometimes during meals she found his eyes straying to her breasts…was she being paranoid? But she began to relish it…

She’d forced herself to come watch t.v because she was struggling to focus on other things save for Ben…she didn’t know what had gotten into her…but she assured herself it was nothing harmful…how could she think of another man who wasn’t her husband? And there she was punishing Sly for his sins….

Gladly, Benson would be vacating to the hotel he booked, that would save from tension and keep her relaxed for her next photoshoot for MODA MAGAZINE, a magazine for young wives and mothers…one of her hairdressers had given her the gig about the photo shoot and being well placed in the fashion industry, she meandered her way to being the only selected mother for the shoot…

Sundays had always been fun before Sly ruined everything with his cheating ways, usually they bathed the baby and put him to sleep, then they would spend the whole evening playing their favorite game, Scrabble and making love to each other…

She turned off the television angrily …why did he have to cheat? Those feelings of inadequacy filled her once again and she hated him the more…how could he hurt her this way?

‘Baby….’ Sly walked into the living room determined to win his wife back….

She spared him a glance and riveted her eyes back to the phone in her hands…
What did he want now?

‘Amy please talk to me…how long would you ignore me, I am still your husband…’ he pleaded and sat beside her on the cushion but she shifted away angrily…

‘can’t you stay on your own Sly? Why do you have to be in and about my business’? she hissed loudly…thank Goodness Odinaka was soundly asleep…

‘I can’t Amy, your silence is killing me…I love you baby…I miss you so much…’ he shifted close to her…

‘oh come off it…I know how you act when you’re Hot…if that’s what you want you should’ve just said it instead of lying to my face…’ she watched his face…

‘I am deeply sorry I hurt you Amy…I would never cheat on you again…have this…’ he handed her some papers he’d gotten from his doctor…

‘what’s this’? she was hesitant…

‘test papers…I don’t have any S.T.D….i am clean Amy…I made a mistake and I promise never to repeat it again…’ he knelt before her…

‘if you want to have sex with me, just grab your condom…remember our deal…’she threw the papers to his face and walked deeper to the room…

She stopped and stared at the mirror…was she ready to do this?

‘Amy….’ Sly walked towards her and tried pulling her into his arms but she resisted…

She fell into the bed and supported her waist with a pillow…

‘what are you doing’? he asked bewildered by her actions…

‘come and do it…hurry….she spread her legs apart and beckoned to him…

‘do what? What’s this Amy…’

‘what Doyin gave to you…just get done with it…’ she fixed her eyes to the wall…

‘Amaka….i don’t believe this…’ he climbed the bed and reached her…

‘don’t lay those hands on me…’ she jerked away…

‘I can never take you like this, you’re my wife…my heart…queen of my world…I can never disrespect your body…it’s okay if you don’t wanna make love with me…I’ll be fine…I’ll prove to you that I cannot make the same mistake twice…I love you Amy and I have a gift for you…’ he still remembered she had a photo shoot with some magazine, so he had decided to get her something special…

‘Amy’? he took her hands as tears streamed down her cheeks…

She brushed the tears away and quickly regained composure, no, he couldn’t see her like this, she was broken and vulnerable…

‘ I am so sorry…please forgive me…’ regret evident in his voice…

Without thinking, she pulled him closer and pressed her lips to his, he looked up at her dazed…was she sure of this?

She didn’t wait for his reply, she slid her wet tongue into his mouth and he fed hungrily on it…his hands pressed her soft body against his solid chest…

Her hands roamed all over him and she knew she couldn’t resist this passion…she unbuttoned his chest hurriedly and bit his ears lightly….

‘I love you Amy’ he breathed as he caressed her bare throat…. She was so beautiful to look at…her lips were swollen from kissing and her eyes lit with fire….

She didn’t say a word…she got out of her clothes eagerly and settled on the bed waiting for him to take her….

‘are you sure about this? We can wait till we settle our issues…’ he paused as he cowered over her…

‘go ahead…’ she was getting impatient….his hands caressed her breasts and glided down to her lower abdomen…she went wild in ecstasy as she writhed underneath him….then he kissed her very slowly and settled comfortable between her tender laps…

His thrusts were maddening and she groaned savoring each thrust….how could he share something like that with another woman? Their special moment…

Her head spun round as the moment where lovers melted into one drew near…….Sly smiled as he fell beside her…he hoped Amaka had forgiven him….

He’d never made love to her in that manner….all he gave her that evening was from his heart….his only desire was to please her…

‘I want only you…’ he kissed her cheeks and reached for the pocket of his trouser which was strewn across the floor haphazardly

‘what’s this…’? she eyed the little box he handed her…all her hatred and resentment had returned…Sly had cheated on her with another woman…he’d made another woman moan for him …

‘I bought you new earrings for your photo shoot…there’re diamonds…open it…’ he smiled while watching her….he wished they could be happy again…

‘I don’t remember asking you for earrings…you can go give them to your secretary …I know she needs it better than i…’ she bit her lip and raised the duvet to her chest…

‘how could you do something like this? Please don’t reject it…I bought is specially for you…’ his heart was breaking…he felt hurt by her rejection…

‘get out of my room Sly….i need to be alone…’ she ordered him out, hands akimbo…

She had to hurt him the way he’d hurt her…he had to feel the pain of being lied to…that was the beginning…

‘Amy…’ he reached out for her but she pushed him away….

Her rejection felt like a blade that had pierced his heart….how on earth would he survive without her love?

He had returned very late on Saturday night….but she didn’t want to bother him because he was also taking the kids back to school as the celebration was over…

‘is my Aisha asleep’? Abdul smiled as he walked out from the bathroom….his older kids had returned to the boarding house…only Aisha was left with them…

‘yes dear…’ Zainab replied …and searched her phone for messages from Lola but she hadn’t seen none…

‘you don’t look well my Zainabu….’he pecked her softly and settled beside her in the big bed….

‘I am fine…it’s just Lola…I think she’s hiding something from me…’ Zainab dropped her phone and faced the man she was in love with….

‘oh, what do you think she’s hiding’? Abdul sat up quickly hoping Lola hadn’t told Zainab about their liason the night before…

‘that’s what I am saying…I feel she’s avoiding me and the girls…I wonder what Femi had done to her to wreck that emotionally…that guy is a devil, I feel he doesn’t deserve a woman like Lola….don’t you think’? she peered at her husband….

‘of course, he doesn’t deserve her….but Lola is strong, she’ll pull through….now let’s talk about us…’ he felt greatly relieved ….

He wondered if she had made up her mind about him, they were both sexually attracted to each other and they had to explore that attraction…. He was willing to care for her…to love her like no man had ever done…but they had to play safe…

‘that reminds me, a young lady came looking for you…’ Zainab almost forgot about that disturbing visit…

‘a young lady’? he raised his brows….

‘yes, she said she was your secretary …Farida….that was what she called herself…’ Zainab gazed upon his face intently…but she found it hard to read Abdul…

‘Oh, my sweetheart, I forgot to tell you about Farida Ahmad…she’s my new secretary and the niece of Mallam Abdulmajid Ahmad….you remember the man? He was my business associate for almost seven years before his untimely demise’? he hoped his wife bought this story…anger bubbled inside of him…what was that fool thinking coming over to his house like that?

He had to put Farida in her place like the cheap LovePeddler that she was…. He couldn’t let such a wayward girl cause trouble in his marriage…

‘oh, I see…so how was your work with Alhaji Tako….?’ Zainab believed him totally but she wasn’t comfortable with her husband having such a beautiful secretary…

‘very fine my love, Allah granted me utmost favor…do you know he introduced me to some of his wealthy friends? And they said I should work for them’? he reached for her mane of silky dark hair…

‘Marsha Allah! Praise to him….i love you completely Abdul…’ she pecked his cheeks softly…

‘I am planning a vacation….just me and you and Aisha…we should get to relax and spend more time together…’ he tried to please her…

Zainab was no fool, she must have felt uncomfortable by Farida’s unannounced visit….

‘where would we go my love?’ she was thrilled by the idea….

‘Anywhere you want…I could buy the whole world for you…you are very special to me…and nothing can change that…’ he sealed his promise with a light peck on her forehead…

‘when I grow older….would you marry another wife?’ she sat up briefly and gazed at him like the answer was written on his face…

‘no…I’ve promised you that before now…I’ll not bring another woman into this house…it’s just me and you and our lovely children….why would you even think that’? he knew Farida’s presence had caused her to think along that line…

‘nothing…would you make love to me tonight’? she rested her head on his chest…

‘not tonight my dear…I am fatigued, my muscles ache all over…we can do it in the morning eh’? he winked at her

He wasn’t being honest, gradually he was losing interest in Zainab’s body besides she complained most of the times he had asked them to try something different in the bedroom… …he needed something adventurous…he needed to tread on new grounds…

‘alright, I am tired too…sleep well my husband….’ She squeezed his hands as he rose from the bed…

‘I would be in the living room working on some papers in case you need me….’ He yawned and rose to his feet happy for that sweet escape…

‘I won’t need you Abdul…just try and take some rest eh?’ she admired the strength he had…the love that drove him to work extra hard to provide for her and her children…

‘I will be back soon…’ he closed the door gently and walked into the parlor…

He made himself a warm cup of tea and gulped from the mug still trying to figure out how he’ll deal with his obstinate girlfriend…why was Farida this rebellious?

Some minutes later, his phone buzzed and his heart stilled as he saw the caller identity…
Instinctively, he glanced around hoping Zee was safely asleep before he answered the call from her friend…

Had she finally accepted his proposal? Had she finally agreed to go out with him?

2 Likes

Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Jsaviour(f): 1:11pm On Apr 18, 2017
I like how you dish it out so hot. Thanks for the update.
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by wizsolzy(m): 1:35pm On Apr 18, 2017
bimberry1307:
bimberry1307 dis one wen u won carry ur yanch give mummy chumpzypinky now.... undecided undecided undecided which one i go come dey tap now
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Chumzypinky(f): 5:32pm On Apr 18, 2017
wizsolzy:

bimberry1307 dis one wen u won carry ur yansh give mummy chumpzypinky now.... undecided undecided undecided which one i go come dey tap now
common stop being vulgar jhor! @bolded. Dont u know its not right when u speak to lady with such words
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by wizsolzy(m): 6:21pm On Apr 18, 2017
Chumzypinky:

common stop being vulgar jhor! @bolded. Dont u know its not right when u speak to lady with such words

Before u call police. ...make only call them make I report myself

Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by ladyverere(f): 9:31pm On Apr 18, 2017
bimberry1307:

Thanks for the mention Bimbery. I am here now.
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by ladyverere(f): 8:53pm On Apr 19, 2017
bimberry1307:

Thanks Bae for the mention. This here babe has landed.

Following bumper to bumper.

Some wives sha. Zainab is taking her husband for granted. Lola is on the rebound and needed affirmation. Amaka is too hard hearted.
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Buttersss(f): 11:15pm On Apr 19, 2017

She had locked herself in her room the whole day…what was the point of being miserable when the cause of her misery was out there having fun?

‘I AM OUT, LOCK UP…WOULD BE COMING BACK IN A WEEK’S TIME, THEN WE’LL FINALIZE OUR DIVORCE PLANS…’ she cursed as she read the note he’d placed on the dining table…what happened to him knocking on her door and telling her about his pleasure trip with one of his many mistresses?

Love truly blinded people, else she would have noticed this part in Femi a long time ago and it wouldn’t have resulted in the mess she’d found herself…

As she made herself some coffee, she knew it was over between them forever….what Femi did to her was unforgivable…and she had forgotten him…

The only thought that prevented her from doing something stupid like drowning herself in the bath tub were thoughts of that night, no man had ever touched her, caressed her, kissed her adored her like the way Abdul had done…

Though it had been hours since she’d seen him, she kept thinking about him…it was so wrong and she knew this…but she couldn’t help it…

Abdul had become her drug, her saving grace from her hell of a marriage…he made her forget all the pain of the six years she’d spent believing it will work out with Femi…when she thought of Abdul, her mind was at peace…even when her conscience pleaded with her…she couldn’t resist him…she wanted him…Zainab had been too good to her…but she couldn’t help it…the heart wanted what it wanted…

‘Hello….’ Her voice was shaky at first…she was even surprised he’d picked her call…it wasn’t too late, the time was ten p.m and it had been a big risk…

But even if Zainab had seen her number on Abdul’s phone she wouldn’t have suspected anything which made her feel the more guilty…

‘Lola…how are you doing? Have you been crying again’? her voice was low and sad…

‘I am fine Abdul…can I see you tonight?...i…’ she stuttered not knowing how to say those words…

‘yes you can see me…are you okay? ‘ he sipped hurriedly from the mug…

‘I feel lonely…can you come over to the house? Femi travelled…you can tell Zee if you want…I just want to see you Abdul…’ she felt so helpless…

‘alright….i’ll be on my way…’ he ended the call and headed straight to the room to check on Zee…it wasn’t that necessary to tell her anything…he could cook up some lies and tell her later…

Zainab wasn’t to be taken for granted, she the sharpest of minds…

As he stepped into the room to fetch his keys, he was pleased to see that she was already snoring and Aisha snuggled against her…

Without wasting much time, he slid on a black colored Jalabir and picked some condoms into the pocket of his garment and rushed out…

The gateman, Shettima would cover for him, if Zainab woke up at any point in time…his heart beamed as he reached for his car…she’d finally accepted him….he couldn’t wait to meet her again….

‘Abdul’! she was excited as she opened the gate for him…shocked that he actually kept to his promise and visited her…

‘my angel….’ He hurried out of the car and encircled his arms round her…

‘welcome…did you tell Zee?’ she whispered and looked up to him…

He inhaled the pureness of the air and stared at the sky that was blackened with darkness with little drops of fading stars…

‘no, how could you even think that? She may begin to harbor suspicions and I don’t want her to know about us yet…’ he licked his lips as the cool air had dried them…

‘oh, I am sorry, I was thinking it was better you tell her…that something happened between I and Femi and you have to come pick me up alone…that would be less suspicious than you sneaking out of the house without letting her know about your whereabouts…’ she explained…

‘I didn’t think about that…let’s not argue about Zee…how have you been’? he finally asked as they stepped into the house…

‘just there…but I am over him now…’ she shrugged…

‘I don’t understand….’ She wore a lacy nightgown which was unapologetically transparent and showed off all her curves…the gleam of her nipples and her smooth skin…

‘Femi wants a divorce…when he gets back from his trip, we’ll make it official…’ she inhaled deeply…

‘you’ll be fine…you have me with you…always remember that…’ he walked close to her and rubbed her hair softly…

‘I miss you Abdul….i’m happy you came…I need you to take this pain away…’ she looked up at him and dragged his hands down to her chest…

‘I’ll do that gladly…’ he leaned and glided his tongue over her neck…while his hands gently went over her beautiful body…

‘that feels good…’ she moaned as his hands rubbed the tip of tits…

‘yes…I’ll make you feel good…’ he replied and slid down her nightgown expertly…the lacy material fell to the floor revealing her beauty under the fluorescent…

‘you are adorable my angel….’ He was fascinated by the perfection of her two mounds and the firmness of her body…

Without saying more, he gulped them into his hands and folded one tit and sucked it hungrily…

His other hand searched the path on her laps carefully, till it found the place where all pleasure was buried…

‘let’s go to my room Abdul…’ she was going crazy for him…

‘fine…’ he scooped her into his arms expertly and they both left to sin…

The night was chill and loneliness hung in the air, he raised the phone to see who would be calling at such an odd hour….

He’d learnt to be comfortable in silence and loneliness but since he set his eyes on her…he knew from that moment onward he’ll never be the same…

‘June….good evening are you okay’? his bestfriend was calling…

‘Hi Omale….it’s just that I’m stranded here and I can’t go back to the house…can I sleep over at your place’? she requested….

‘oh…okay, why not?’ he was confused, He was close to June no doubt but she’d never slept over at his place before, not that he had anything in mind…how would her fiancé take it?

‘alright, give me twenty minutes…what can I buy you’? she sounded charming now…

‘anything you want June…hurry home it’s late…’ Omale sighed and fell on the couch…

Meeting her was very surprising, he’d waited for her call all day but she hadn’t rang him…was he too pushy? He wondered…maybe she needed space…

Like him, she was going through a healing process, losing one’s spouse wasn’t that easy…all those sweet memories would always come knocking on mind’s door…

‘Edima Bassey…’ he mused and smile, he liked her name…she was truly beautiful and he couldn’t wait to know her more…

‘come in, I left the door open for you…’ he called …

‘how is you doing’? June winked and trotted towards him…

June was a beautiful woman, she was tall and slender with a cream complexion and pink lips which was her most arresting figure.

Omale was glad she had found a good man at last, though he was yet to meet her fiancé, but from the way she talked about him…he had to be a good person…

‘hey June….you look ravishing…’ he smiled as she handed him something in a black polythene bag…

‘Suya for you…’ she eyed the living room and sat next to him…

Omale Ibrahim was the man of her dreams, even while her friend had been alive, she had wanted him with all her heart…

Ene’s untimely demise had hurt her for a while because they’d been really close friends but she easily got over her because Omale had been all she desired and the perfect opportunity had just presented itself…..

She had been secretly in love with the man she called bestfriend for more than four years now, she’d done everything to please him…spending time with him and helping him forget his wife…but he never cared for her or felt the same way…

So she’d come up with a stupid lie about being engaged so not to look desperate…but now it could backfire on her….

She saw the way his face had lit up when he talked about the lady he met at the seminar, she hadn’t paid attention because he’d told her once he could never love another woman like he did Ene…but one look at his face at church betrayed all the words he’d spoken…

And it worried her…how on earth would she get over Omale? How would she accept the fact that he would never love her? But maybe he did, deep down in his hearts of hearts…maybe she should tell him her true feelings…

‘thank you…where are you coming from…did you go to see him’? Omale was curious…

‘hmmm not really’ did she just feel a hint of jealousy in his voice? Her heart danced to the tune of possibilities…

‘are you hiding something from me? You’re glowing you know’? he winked briefly and tore opened the paper that enclosed the steak meat.

‘are you jealous’? she rolled her eyes waiting for his reply…

‘nope….i’m happy you’re happy’ he lifted a piece of meat into his mouth…

‘oh…I’m happy for you to’ she dropped her shoulders feeling disappointed…

‘oh about Edima…she hasn’t called me…do you think I should call her…? What if she thinks I am a bug’? Omale stopped eating and faced June, she always knew the right thing to say…

‘uhmmm…do you want my opinion’? June licked her lips nervously …she knew what she was about doing was wrong but she couldn’t help it…why was he so blind to her love for him?

‘well yes go on…’ he waited patiently for her…

‘frankly, I don’t think she’s your type…she isn’t the woman for you…you don’t need someone like her, I know you’ll probably hate me but with time you’ll see your relationship with her wouldn’t work out…’ she was blunt about it…

‘why?’ he hadn’t expected this…

‘well you said yourself she’s a widow…what if she has kids for the other man? What if she doesn’t want to move on with her life? If you ask me, I’ll say too much drama’she shrugged and rose to poru herself some water…

Omale was silent for a while allowing June words to sink in, what if June was right? And he hadn’t had time to ask if she had any children….but even if she did…he would’ve met them on Sunday and her kids wouldn’t matter to him…

‘but I really like her June….’ He insisted…

‘okay, fine…do what your heart tells you…but whatever you do, don’t tell her you’re a widower, keep that part from her….and you should bring her over so I meet her too…we’re in this together…’ she returned with her glass of water…

‘you think so’? why would he keep such a huge part of his life from a woman he planned on being serious with?

‘yes, I hate to admit it…but the first time I saw her…I thought she was Ene…’ June paused and looked directly at her friend…

‘yea, one of the reasons I was attracted to her but definitely not why I want to be with her…Edima is a different person…and I find her interesting…I’ll pursue what I’m feeling’ he pointed to his chest…

‘alright, I guess I need to sleep…I’m on duty tomorrow Doctor…’ she yawned and rose to her feet, she worked at Omale’s hospital….

‘okay dear…you should get some sleep… have a nice night…’
He raised the glass to his lips…

‘alright’ she replied and fetched her bag…

He sighed and pondered on June’s words, but he wouldn’t act on them this time, he needed to find himself…but he would keep the part of being a widower out…that could freak her totally …June was very wise and the man that would marry her was a lucky man…

He would call Edima by morning if she still didn’t call …he was crazy about her…

3 Likes

Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by ladyverere(f): 11:26pm On Apr 19, 2017
Great work buttersss. You are doing very well. Zainab is so blind, religious wives are always like Zainab. Miss what marriage is totally all about when it comes to the intimacy part. Her heartbreak will be more devastating than Lola's.
Abdul is such a dangerous man. Gush! At least Femi is more honest than Abdul. Abdul can kill while still smiling sweetly and innocently at you. Poor Zee she doesn't know the snake she is married to.

Amaka is too hard hearted. She is overdoing it and would push Sly over the edge.

Beautiful things are in store for Edima and Omale.
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Angelsss(f): 11:33pm On Apr 19, 2017
ladyverere:
Great work buttersss. You are doing very well. Zainab is so blind, religious wives are always like Zainab. Miss what marriage is totally all about when it comes to the intimacy part. Her heartbreak will be more devastating than Lola's.
Abdul is such a dangerous man. Gush! At least Femi is more honest than Abdul. Abdul can kill while still smiling sweetly and innocently at you. Poor Zee she doesn't know the snake she is married to.

Amaka is too hard hearted. She is overdoing it and would push Sly over the edge.

Beautiful things are in store for Edima and Omale.

Thanks honey...nice review
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Fijumokesayo(f): 6:24am On Apr 20, 2017
I'm enjoying this story... Thank you

I think its time for Zainab to accept that she can't carry the load of this world on her neck, heheheh her own heartache ehn! O ma badt.

I see Amaka f**king Ben, hehehehe she go beg Sly tire o.

Lola is too vulnerable, stupid and a betrayer. Her conscience should be dealing with her but no, she's enjoying her friend's suya.hian

June need to park well for my girl Edima o, she has been friend-zoned and she should stay in the corner jor. Tsk tsk!

Another chance for Omale and Edima, I see them falling crazily in love. They shall overcome any hindrances.

Once again, this is a great piece. God bless you
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Angelsss(f): 10:58am On Apr 20, 2017
Fijumokesayo:
I'm enjoying this story... Thank you

I think its time for Zainab to accept that she can't carry the load of this world on her neck, heheheh her own heartache ehn! O ma badt.

I see Amaka f**king Ben, hehehehe she go beg Sly tire o.

Lola is too vulnerable, stupid and a betrayer. Her conscience should be dealing with her but no, she's enjoying her friend's suya.hian

June need to park well for my girl Edima o, she has been friend-zoned and she should stay in the corner jor. Tsk tsk!

Another chance for Omale and Edima, I see them falling crazily in love. They shall overcome any hindrances.

Once again, this is a great piece. God bless you

Thanks lv

1 Like

Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by bimberry1307(f): 11:45am On Apr 20, 2017
thanks for the update madam, you rock.
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Buttersss(f): 2:53pm On Apr 22, 2017
‘morning baby….’ He kissed her and prayed she didn’t push him away as Ben was around…he’d returned to the house very late…

‘morning honey…’ she forced a smile and kissed him back…

‘goodmorning everybody….’ Ben sat comfortably close to the dining table….he had deliberately stayed out that late to avoid her….why couldn’t he get his mind off of his cousin’s wife? She wasn’t the prettiest woman he’d met…but she had this effect on him and he felt like a young schoolboy having his first crush…

‘Benson my guy…where were you last night’? Sly winked and approached the table…while Amaka ignore them both and headed for the kitchen…

‘guy….a nigga got to take care of himself….’ Ben replied and looked at Amaka’s vanishing behind….the lady was hotness…

‘good for you…you should get a wife then…so you could return to Germany a new man…’ Sly suggested…

‘yes, I would get a wife as beautiful as yours….’ He smiled as Amaka returned with some steaming plates of Custard.

‘here you go…’ blood crept up her cheeks as she heard those words….was he admiring her?

‘hey look at your food and not my wife’ Sly teased and they both laughed…

‘so Amaka…where are you from…do you have female relatives that aren’t married’? Ben focused on her, she was very beautiful and his adulation couldn’t add more to it…she was perfection…

‘I’m from Imo…and no, my sisters are all married…’ she looked away as their eyes met, why was she acting this way?

‘oh….cousins’? he asked…

She shook her head in response, she didn’t know what it meant but anytime Ben was around her, she had goose bumps and her skin tingled…she was just unusually nervous…

Maybe it was the tension between her and Sylvester that caused it…maybe she was lying to herself…

‘so darling, where would you like to celebrate your birthday’? Sly cut in trying to make conversation with her…

‘I don’t know’ she replied flatly…

‘maybe we should go for a picnic…all of us…’ Ben suggested and watched her features transform into a smile…

‘wow, how did you know I love picnics’? she was stunned, was she that easy to read?

‘I guess my cousin has other skills we don’t know about, like witchcraft…’ Sly lowered his eyes at Ben…

‘okay then, I’ll treat you to something special on your day…Meanwhile I got you something….i know models love things like this…’ he handed her a little box that contained some designer lipsticks, Ben was serious about it…anything that could put a smile on her face would do him good…

‘wow, that’s amazing ….thank you’

‘I’m still here people’ Sly try to fit into the conversation…he felt a bit jealous that his wife would reject his gift and accept Ben’s

‘let’s go already, we’re late for work and I cannot steal your wife…give me credit bro’ Ben winked and rose to his feet…

‘you better not, let me go get the keys…’ Sly drank some water and rushed to his room…

‘are you okay with the food’? Amaka asked trying to distract his eyes from boring into hers…

‘no, I need more…’ he replied, without thinking, he bent and pressed his mouth on hers, he couldn’t resist that urge in him…he’d thought of doing this all day and night and had fantasized about her returning the kiss, he was about to find out…

It was dangerous he knew this, hell, he didn’t even know what he was doing…

She struggled at first, but the sweetness of his mouth betrayed her…and she gave into her inner desires as warmth filled her stomach and she began to ache in that sweet place, without warning her pulled away…

His sudden departure left her restless and confused, what had she done? Sly’s cousin had kissed her and she had encouraged it…suddenly anger filled her and she sought to unleash it on him….how dare he?

‘I’m sorry Amaka, it wouldn’t happen again….’ He quickly apologized as reason returned to him…

She didn’t speak, she realized she hadn’t been angry…she had enjoyed every bit of that kiss and she didn’t understand why…

She needed to talk to someone, she was going crazy….

‘I’m back…let’s get walking Boy’ Sly returned to the room and wondered why his wife had that look on her face, like she was confused about something…

‘okay, let’s run along…’ Ben fetched his brief case and walked out…

‘are you still mad at me? I love you Amy…you’re my world…please accept my diamonds’ he waited for his cousin to go out..

‘get out Sly, give them to your secretary’ she hissed and walked away…

‘you have a beautiful family bro…one day I’m gonna be like you…’ Ben remarked as Sly ignited the engine…

‘thank you…’ Sly replied coldly….he wished he’d never confessed to cheating, now Amaka would hate him forever…telling her the truth had been a total mistake…

‘are you okay Sly’? Ben shifted and faced him….

‘I don’t know, I don’t think I’ll ever be…’ he needed someone to confide in and as sure as hell he wasn’t going to the pastor for more crappy advice…that was how he got himself into the mess he was in presently….

‘whoa, slow down…what’s wrong buddy’? Ben wondered what could heat his cousin up …

‘it’s Amaka…’ he decided to pull over and confide in his cousin….

‘Amaka? What about Amaka?’ Ben was instantly interested…had she told her husband about the kiss? He panicked, that would do him no good…

‘I cheated on her with my secretary and she’s refused to forgive me…’ Sly blurted out in frustration…

‘geez man, why would you cheat on that’? Ben was stunned, Sly had always been the good guy, always loving and faithful to one woman…

‘I don’t know man, okay here’s what happened, I was working really late that day and I left my office to pick some things from the car, and then I returned and found Doyin on my table, naked…like she’d planned this all along…I fought it badly believe me….but I couldn’t resist…’ Sly was pained …

‘oh gosh, she did you dirty…how did Amaka find out’? Ben asked…

‘I told her days ago and since then she’s been acting different towards me…I expected it bro but I didn’t know she could hate me to the point of not speaking to me or rejecting my gifts…’

‘you’re really brave Sly to tell your wife the truth…most men don’t confess their crimes…that’s why I was surprised why you cheated in the first place…that secretary of yours needs to be fired…’ Ben advised and suddenly felt guilty of kissing Amaka…Sly was a good guy and good guys deserved the best,inwardly, he searched his conscience and decided to keep away from Amaka…he would never betray his cousin…

‘ I fired her but is that supposed to make me feel better’ she f***cken hates me…don’t you get it’? Sly sighed feeling much of a derelict husband….

‘hey, you just told her about this remember? Give her time, she’ll come around….she’s only this hurt because she cared about you…give her space…women are like babies…when she needs you, she’ll find you…okay?’ Ben had seen the regret that flashed in Sly’s eyes, he was truly sorry….

‘okay, I will think on that…so were you serious about staying at a hotel’? Sly changed the topic…

‘yep, I’m moving over there today…send Amy and Odinaka my love…’ Ben smiled and turned his eyes to the road, wondering how on earth he would get his cousin’s wife off his mind, but he was willing to try…

‘my beautiful lady…’ Abdul had returned home immediately after his meeting with Lola, she had been so good in bed…sweet and moist…and she devoured him like tigress, evidence that Femi had sexually starved his wife…

‘sweetheart….have you had breakfast’? Zainab asked as she returned from dropping Aisha off at school…

‘I don’t feel hungry Zee…’ he looked straight at her…

‘really? So what plans do you have for today’? she eyed him strangely, she had this feeling that her husband had changed …though he still wore his same clothes…though he was still Abdul…she felt it…they were losing the bond they shared…

‘I have a meeting with another client…so I may not return early, don’t wait up for me…’ Abdul sipped coolly from the mug, he’d planned to meet up later with Lola and nothing would stand in his way to this new found well of pleasure…

‘you’ve been quite busy of late….’ She noted…

‘a man has got to do what a man has got to do, if I don’t take care of you who will?’ he walked towards her and eneveloped her in a kiss…

‘you just sound like those doctors in dettol advert’ she chuckled softly

‘hey you, don’t do that…’ she whispered to him…as his hands went beneath her waist…

‘you look troubled, talk to me Zee, I can read you like a book, I can smell your fear from afar…I know you more than you know yourself …’ he kissed her hair…

‘I’m fine…’ she insisted and struggled out of his hands…

‘Zee? What’s wrong’? he pressed on…

‘you’ve been very busy of late Abdul and we hardly have time for each other…I don’t know…I’m just scared for our marriage…I don’t want it ending up like that of my friends….i want you and me to be perfect…’ she had this distant look of uncertainty in her eyes…

Truth be told, since she set her eyes on Abdul’s new secretary, she had been feeling uneasy about the younger woman…

‘hey baby, look at me….’ He whispered and took her hands in his, …

‘I love you complete, look into my eyes, there are no lies, I will never hurt you in that manner…I’ve told you I wouldn’t take a second wife…it’s just me and you forever….’ He pressed his lips to her slender fingers…

‘always and forever’ she adored his forehead with kisses…

She was sure her husband was honest with her, Abdul loved her more than she could ever hope for…there was no other man as perfect as her Abdul…

‘excuse me, I have to take this….’ She sighed as she saw the caller identity, Amaka….

‘alright, I’ll be in the bathroom in case you need me’ he winked and walked off…Lola had surprised him with her voracious appetite for sex, he couldn’t wait to meet up with her again, he loved women like her…they drove him wild…meanwhile something else weighed on his mind heavily…what game was Farida trying to play here?

‘Zainab can I come over to your place? I really need to talk to you…’ Amaka was in a rush …what transpired between her and Ben was supposed to make her feel guilty, but she felt nothing like that…all she could think about was the fact that Ben was a better kisser than sly…the best kiss she’d ever had came from Ben and she was going crazy about it…

‘sure..i’ll be home all day, has Lola called you yet’? Zainab inquired….

‘no, but we’ll figure out what to do with that lady when we see each other…

‘alright, be good hun’ Zee smiled as the call was brought to an end…

Everything seemed so perfect for her, her friends were struggling with adulterous men and widowhood and here she was in her little perfect world…God was too kind to bless her with such gifts as Abdul and their lovely children.

‘Marsha Allah…’ she whispered and pressed her hands to her chest…

‘I hate Mondays….’ She groaned and stretched her full length ….she’d expected him to call her but he hadn’t …she panicked as the thought of him losing interest in her filled her mind…what if she’d pushed him away by telling him she had been married?
‘I hope not…’ she sighed and checked the time….close to her lunch time…she quickly brought out the complementary card he’d given to her and stared hard at it…

‘should I call him? Or should I call him not’? she rehearsed in her mind over again…

What if she seemed too desperate by calling Omale, he was the guy, she wasn’t some egotistical feminist, she was a very traditional person and she expected the man to pursue her…

But she couldn’t help but think about him the whole day, all calls or text messages that she received had been taken in a rush as she hoped one of them happened to be his’.

Without hesitation, she dialed the number on the card and waited patiently for his response, the phone rang once…

Was he busy? What if he were to be in surgery?

She cut the call and almost slapped herself for being so stupid…what was she thinking calling a doctor like that?

She would definitely pass as desperate before him….

Her phone buzzed loudly as she dropped it on the table…the caller identity brought thrills running down her spine…he was calling her back!

‘hello…good afternoon, sorry I called you at this time…I was just…’ she paused as the female voice cut her short…who was that?

‘Omale isn’t around…he’s busy…whom should I say called’? June rolled her eyes angrily, she knew who was on the phone , the woman she despised already…who did she think she was?

‘is that June’? Edima was amazed, what would she be doing with Omale’s phone…

‘yes, and you are’? June asked…

‘Edima Bassey from church…don’t you remember the lady you met from church yesterday, I sat beside Omale…’? she tried being friendly…

‘I remember you quite well, why don’t you stay away from Omale’? June quickly glanced around his office, she’d come to deliver some files, coincidentally she’d found his phone ringing loudly while he’d gone to attend to an emergency…
This was all she’d needed, all she’d prayed for…she would put Edima in her place…

‘excuse me’? Edima wondered why June sounded so harsh, from the time she’d met the lady she’d struck her as someone who was unfriendly….

But she didn’t expect it ot reach this magnitude …

‘you heard me ma’m…don’t allow Omale to deceive you….he has a woman in his life and I’m trying to save you from heartbreak, so you better take my advice darling….why do you think he wasn’t in a hurry to call you back’?

Edima was silent as pain stung her throat but she swallowed it…

‘I thought so too…you should be thanking me…don’t call this line again…’ June ended the call and deleted Edima’s number from the mobile phone…

‘this can’t be happening…’ Edima’s voice shook…

What had she gotten herself into? She now understood why he hadn’t called her the night before…she felt foolish and highly embarrassed…

Without thinking she dialed Zee…

‘Zainab I’m in a mess…can we talk now’? she rushed forward and locked her office…

‘sure honey, what’s wrong’? she could feel the hurt in Edima’s voice…she was the most fragile of all of them…

‘remember that guy I told you I met at the seminar and I liked him? I met him in church yesterday and we exchanged numbers…’ she swallowed…

‘wow, that’s a good thing, isn’t it?’ Zee wondered where her friend’s story led

‘yes, so I decided to give him a call today…and a lady picked, he introduced me as his friend…she really embarrassed me and said very mean things to me…I feel so hurt Zee…and I really liked this guy, though I don’t know him much…but he really did seem nice…and was my first shot at dating after a long while…I don’t know what to do…’ tears had already found their way down her cheeks…

‘calm down Edima it’s not the end of the world…maybe this guy wasn’t meant for you…maybe God has other plans for you…just forget him…why would a woman even pick his call’ Zainab hissed angrily what annoyed her greatly were men who couldn’t keep their feet at a place…

‘I’ll try, I just felt humiliated…so what should I do next…I can’t seem to take my mind off of him….’ She blurted out in frustration….

‘just forget him Edima…I’ll call you later in the day…be patient with yourself, when it’s the right time, you’ll fall in love…’ Zee advised…

‘thank you Zainab, I don’t know how you do it, but you’re magic, I always feel better after talking with you…’ she smiled ruefully and ended the call…

She’d never received such embarrassment in her whole life....she would never call him again…angrily she picked up the complementary car and shredded it into pieces…

‘there we go…’ she quickly dropped them in her dustbin….

‘do you think we should continue with this? I feel…bad…you know Zainab is just a very good person and I don’t ever want to hurt her….’ She’d sat up after they’d had a shower together

‘I love you very much…am very attracted to you that’s what matters and I believe you feel the same way for me….so we just keep exploring and enjoying all this…Zee would never find out except you tell her…’ Abdul shifted closer to her…

‘do you really mean it when you say you love me’? Lola gazed upon him, she yearend for love, she yearned to be adored …to be treated as special…that’s all what she needed after Femi had issued her a divorce…

‘hey, I mean it….come here…’ she snuggled close to him and he hugged her tightly…

‘promise me you’ll handle this well, you need to get back to your friends or they’ll know something is up with you…you don’t want that do you’? he pressed his lips to her hair…

‘okay, I promise to stay calm…I like you Abdul…’ she kissed him back…

Lola smiled as the coolness of the water washed all her pain away, it was a brand new day and she felt like a new creature, a butterfly that had just popped out of its cocoon…she was free and she’ll soar the white skies, there was no stopping her…

She had to go see Zainab and talk to the other girls, she still contemplated whether she would tell them about the divorce….

Just as she stepped out of the bathroom, she found him sitting at the edge of her bed and she jerked back in shock…

‘Good day dear wife….surprised to see me’? Femi turned and faced her with a wide grin on his face…

‘what are you doing here? you’re supposed to be gone for a week plus…don’t tell me your mistress has dumped you already’? she sneered at him, how come she’d been so blind? All these years, she’d been married to a devil and she was just realizing it…

‘wow, someone is still angry with me….come on Lola….’ He could feel indignation in her voice…

This wasn’t the time, what was he doing right here?

‘where are the divorce papers?’ she waited for his response…

‘Lola….’ He rose quietly and walked towards her…he’d travelled to France on a business trip and somehow reflected on his life…
Lola was the most beautiful person anybody could ever meet, she was such a sweet and angelic woman and he had been willing to throw all that away…

He thought about the times they’d spent together, the moments they’d shared and he knew getting a divorce would be the greatest mistake of his life

He couldn’t do it…yes, they couldn’t have children, but the primary purpose of getting married apart from procreation was being happy…that was it, he wanted to be happy and the only person that knew him that much, knew when he was angry, sad or depressed was Lola…what had gotten into him?

She wasn’t speaking to him, she was passive to his charms…she was hard to read…he knew he’d hurt her and it would take a long time for her to heal which was worth waiting for…but he was absolutely never going back to his old life…

‘get your filthy hands off me…you fool…’ she pushed him away as the weight of her anger crashed on her whole being, she despised him…

‘baby please just hear me out…’ he wouldn’t let her go, he’d been a fool…hurting a good woman like that…

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mention One Book You'll Read Over And Over Again / Video: High School Girls Caught Having Sex In The Classroom / Best Harry Potter Book?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 197
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.