Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,674 members, 7,823,907 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them (64471 Views)

Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World / The Literal Meaning Of Names Of Major Places In Lagos / Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Talk2Bella(f): 12:01pm On Apr 11, 2017
there's one abandoned skyscraper at Iyana Era after Okokomaiko na me go sell that building last last

5 Likes

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by engrshakespeare: 12:02pm On Apr 11, 2017
neocortex:

Never believe all those third-party stories, they were made up to create unnecessary fear
in the minds of unsuspecting people.
Ghosts don't exist let alone build houses.

If you believe that, go and live there
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Folksyharry(m): 12:02pm On Apr 11, 2017
Kaslino:

i think abandonment wasn't due to any structural defect but due to the world recession of that year.

Thanks. I just took the words literally the moment I saw collapse
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Livefreeordieha(m): 12:02pm On Apr 11, 2017
GodSucks:

I don't get you, can you help?
I mean its okay to share your family album online..in btw nice family pictures.
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Folksyharry(m): 12:10pm On Apr 11, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
calm down bro ..read the attached article again..carefully.

Thanks. I understand now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Coefficient(m): 12:19pm On Apr 11, 2017
Sirheny007:
Nice work from Listverse.com
I discovered that site 3 years ago...
for people who are interested in the wierd, creepy and paranormal..

I've never missed anything on that site in the last 4 years smiley

1 Like

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by AyamConfidence(m): 12:20pm On Apr 11, 2017
Talk2Bella:
there's one abandoned skyscraper at Iyana Era after Okokomaiko na me go sell that building last last
I can see that building from Igando if I just climb on any roof

It's very creepy ooo....I heard they kill people in it
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by MARKETfund: 12:25pm On Apr 11, 2017
Folksyharry:

If it's Nigeria people will still live there o. They will not mind building collapse. People live in wooden houses in the creeks so this one will be like living in a GRA.

Building collapse in this context is the fall in value of sales of homes, not stuctural collapse bro grin

I believe this shall happen in Abuja someday
Many unoccupied estates cos of high cost in rentage or buy cool

2 Likes

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Katyusha(m): 12:26pm On Apr 11, 2017
Explorers:
Pripyat, Ukraine.

The city of Pripyat was established in Ukraine, close to the border of Belarus on Feb. 4th 1970 as a Soviet nuclear city.

It was a residential to the workers who worked in the nearby Chernobyl nuclear power plant.

But in 1986, the nuclear power plant faced a disaster, more popularly known as the Chernobyl Disaster of 1986, which led to the evacuation of the entire city.

Priypat, thus, remains a radioactive ghost city haunted by the nightmares of that dreadful night.
I sniped Zhakev here in COD 4!

2 Likes

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by chukxie(m): 12:31pm On Apr 11, 2017
Explorers:
Unoccupied Irish Homes, Ireland.

At first glance, this looks like a nice and quiet neighborhood that any family would love to live in.

When you look a bit closer, you’ll see that these houses are not occupied, nor have they ever been.

Ireland has lots of neighborhoods that were built up, but after the housing collapse in 2008, these homes were never sold.

Although no one has ever lived here, it is creepy to walk these empty streets.

See houses dey waste meanwhile guys dey share passage, toilets and bathrooms for face-me-I-face-you for 9ja. Chai!

2 Likes

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Folksyharry(m): 12:32pm On Apr 11, 2017
MARKETfund:

Building collapse in this context is the fall in value of sales of homes, not stuctural collapse bro grin

Thanks. Someone already pointed that out for me. Na the collapse wey I see make rush conclude say na structural collapse.

3 Likes

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by RosaConsidine: 12:35pm On Apr 11, 2017
Lilymax:

I don't have time for this, get a job
#swerve

ignore that attention-seeking pant

2 Likes

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by lightwind(m): 12:36pm On Apr 11, 2017
nkemdi89:
There is one particular story building along pH road Owerri, the owner of the building has died but changed his location and started building the massive house, unknown him one day he visited the site to pay his workers unfortunately one his Kins men who knows of his demise met him face to face and called his name, the moment he sighted him the man disappeared, that was how that building was abandoned till now. Even government doesn't even go near the building, explorer come and see it yourself.
bros i know d building ..but church has occupied there now..
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by MARKETfund: 12:36pm On Apr 11, 2017
koropon:
Explorers
There is this building beside Zuma rock too

Many creepy stories about that building
Heard it was once a hotel but the strong spirit living inside the Zuma rock kept frightening the guests, tourist and staff in the dead of the night lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by MARKETfund: 12:40pm On Apr 11, 2017
Folksyharry:

Thanks. Someone already pointed that out for me. Na the collapse wey I see make rush conclude say na structural collapse.

Noted bro
Shallom!
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by mcPhuture(m): 12:43pm On Apr 11, 2017
Lol, just imagine this in Nigeria and tell me if amusement park or shop rite park in enugu would be in business. If a Nigerian goes there, we can make tangible the space and resources.

May be it didn't met the people's taste, I still can't believe that a park of such design could be abandoned in a densely populated country like Japan angry[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by chukxie(m): 12:47pm On Apr 11, 2017
Explorers:
Abandoned Nigerian Airways Fleet.

http://www.thetrentonline.com/why-buharis-plan-to-revive-nigerian-airways-is-a-bad-idea-historyclass-with-chxta/
lalasticlala, mynd44

9ja is a cursed country. The person wey curse am padlock am throway the korkoro! Sad!
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by irynterri(f): 12:48pm On Apr 11, 2017
MARKETfund:

it's happening already, I passed through an estate in garki,the most beautiful duplexes I have ever seen,they were all empty, the only human presence we're just the abokis guarding the houses

3 Likes

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by wman(m): 12:55pm On Apr 11, 2017
EMEKA1MILLION:
I cant remember which game featured this location. Either call of duty or medal of Honor.. Can someone pls remind me?

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

2 missions

All Ghillied up and the other one where you try to escape after sniping Imran Zakhaev.

4 Likes

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by MARKETfund: 1:05pm On Apr 11, 2017
irynterri:
it's happening already, I passed through an estate in garki,the most beautiful duplexes I have ever seen,they were all empty, the only human presence we're just the abokis guarding the houses
Quite unfortunate
In a city where majority are poorly housed
Anyway, the owners has nothing to lose. They're built with stolen money

3 Likes

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Kaslino(m): 1:10pm On Apr 11, 2017
Folksyharry:

Thanks. I just took the words literally the moment I saw collapse

You're welcome Bro.'Based On Logistics',no one is above mistakes.
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 11, 2017
GodSucks:

If you don't want to be seeing pictures of guns then you stop quoting,

I'll keep posting pix of guns till I lose my breath
issorite... Na gun go kill u be dat

1 Like

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 11, 2017
Lilymax:

I don't have time for this, get a job
#swerve
d dude really likes u but doesnt know how to go abt it, so he decided to use guns

1 Like

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 11, 2017
JackieChan01:

you look forkable kiss
take it easy, u don dey use ur mouth dey rape her already

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 11, 2017
GodSucks:

It no longer works,
. TERRORIST ALERT!
Mr. Seun, boko haram don join nairaland
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by chukxie(m): 1:28pm On Apr 11, 2017
Explorers:
A Graveyard of Abandoned Airliners at Benin City Airport, Nigeria.

These photographs, captured at Benin City Airport in 2005 and 2010 respectively, are a good example of those scenes.

In past decades, Nigeria’s airports have become the final resting places for passenger aircraft whose operators have gone out of business for a variety of reasons, or simply put them out to pasture.

These images reveal the former Okada Air fleet of Boeing 727s and BAC-One Eleven 300s.

In one image, 17 of the 18 BAC-111s acquired by the Benin City-based airline can be seen rotting away in a neglected corner of the commercial airport.

With them is a larger, US-built 727, lingering on in an equally poor state of repair.

http://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/2016/03/abandoned-airliners-benin-city-airport-nigeria/
lalasticlala, mynd44

See as looted taxpayers money waste dey rotten. Thunder wey go strike our leaders both past and present dey do press-up. Na Ogun and Olokun go fire them and their generation.

1 Like

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by obadisa: 1:28pm On Apr 11, 2017
Talk2Bella:
i guess it is that f***king ile nla u talking about.
av been hearing different stories abt dt building since my primary sch days

1 Like

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Lilymax(f): 1:30pm On Apr 11, 2017
Smallville10:
d dude really likes u but doesnt know how to go abt it, so he decided to use guns
I don't think so, his profile shows how mentally un balanced he is
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 11, 2017
NATIONAL STADIUM, SURULERE LAGOS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by farouk0403(m): 1:37pm On Apr 11, 2017
Explorers:
Isla de las Munecas, Mexico City, Mexico

This is definitely one of the creepiest and eeriest abandoned places.

The story is said that the former caretaker of the area found a young dead girl, and to appease her spirit, he began placing dolls in the trees, on the fences, and anywhere else.

What is even more eerie is that the caretaker is said to have been found dead in the same spot he found the girl.

Why is it that, old or abandon dolls always look scary like choki in the childs play movie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Condoms, Guns, Cigarettes From German Submarine Sank During WWII (Pics) / American Visa Interview / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.