Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,254 members, 7,818,875 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them (64448 Views)

Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World / The Literal Meaning Of Names Of Major Places In Lagos / Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by makizee(m): 1:52pm On Apr 11, 2017
Even before i opened this page, i knew it has to be one and Only Explorers...Thank you sir, everything you posts interests me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by irynterri(f): 1:53pm On Apr 11, 2017
MARKETfund:

Quite unfortunate
In a city where majority are poorly housed
Anyway, the owners has nothing to lose. They're built with stolen money
don't be surprised they are housing stolen money

2 Likes

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Caseless: 1:54pm On Apr 11, 2017
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by MARKETfund: 1:55pm On Apr 11, 2017
irynterri:
don't be surprised they are housing stolen money

It's a possibility too
Is it not Nigeria?
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 11, 2017
Lilymax:

I don't think so, his profile shows how mentally un balanced he is
i think u correct. I just checked his profile...

Strange madness
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by LordOfNaira: 2:00pm On Apr 11, 2017
Explorers:
Willard Asylum, Willard, New York.

In 1869, the Willard Asylum for the Chronic Insane was established.

But it had to shut down its operations in 1995.

Housing well over 4000 patients during its boom, more than half of the 50,000 patients admitted to the asylum died within its walls.

This makes the asylum’s morgue (pictured above) one of the creepiest places you can ever imagine.

Wow, I like creepy. Check my signature and get scared...
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by loomer: 2:00pm On Apr 11, 2017
Explorers:
Unoccupied Irish Homes, Ireland.

At first glance, this looks like a nice and quiet neighborhood that any family would love to live in.

When you look a bit closer, you’ll see that these houses are not occupied, nor have they ever been.

Ireland has lots of neighborhoods that were built up, but after the housing collapse in 2008, these homes were never sold.

Although no one has ever lived here, it is creepy to walk these empty streets.

I sure say by now these house must have been occupied
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Koolking(m): 2:04pm On Apr 11, 2017
Explorers:
Abandoned aircraft at David Monthan Airfield, Arizona, USA.

This is the world’s largest airplane boneyard, where the previous aircraft bodies from the US Marines, the US Navy, the US Army, US Airforce and the US Coast Guard now ‘lay to rest’ for scrapping, recycling or historical purposes.

Mehn, see tax payers' money
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by LordOfNaira: 2:15pm On Apr 11, 2017
ikp120:

Abeg gimme the exact location of these houses make I go acquire the C of O of 10 of them. Na run I dey run comot from Naija so o grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That place is creepy, my brother.

Imagine only you walking in that empty street and you begin to hear other footsteps behind you...

Check my signature and get scared.

1 Like

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by LordOfNaira: 2:21pm On Apr 11, 2017
Nickizoe:
This guy most be a great artist.... That's cool..

I like your signature. You sound like you would enjoy horror stories. Check my signature and get scared!!!
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Funjosh(m): 2:27pm On Apr 11, 2017
Apollux:

Japan is not densely populated. Japan is experiencing a declining population. Birth rate is low and the number of old folks higher than younger ones.

You are right in Japanese decline in Birthrate but still Japan is listed among top 20 in the world, occupying number 11 most populated country, may be the old ones remaining find no joy in visiting and the new generation are busy creating and inventing new technology. Its just crazy changing world.

1 Like

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Nowenuse: 2:28pm On Apr 11, 2017
Folksyharry:

It looks like chucky's ancestral home.

LoL grin
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by ikp120(m): 2:29pm On Apr 11, 2017
Na wa o. See better opportunities everywhere
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Nickizoe(f): 2:36pm On Apr 11, 2017
LordOfNaira:

I like your signature. You sound like you would enjoy horror stories. Check my signature and get scared!!!

Mehnnnn dude, Am impress with your signature.. I luv it...Have we met before?? have just gone through a few..I love the beer story and the nowhere story...lol.. I just did what people do on Twitter and Instagram which is I JuST followed you up..keep me updated....nice to meet you.. I like horror stories and their movies..simply cause they don't sound real buh always have great stories... peace out! grin
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by LordOfNaira: 2:46pm On Apr 11, 2017
Nickizoe:

Mehnnnn dude, Am impress with your signature.. I luv it...Have we met before?? have just gone through a few..I love the beer story and the nowhere story...lol.. I just did what people do on Twitter and Instagram which is I JuST followed you up..keep me updated....nice to meet you.. I like horror stories and their movies..simply cause they don't sound real buh always have great stories... peace out! grin

Thank you, dear. I appreciate your reading them and the follow up. There are possibilities we have met before (you never can tell—it is a small world after all). I try to update the blog every Saturday (I have been almost totally successful with that). Nice to meet you too.

1 Like

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Chomsky1967(f): 2:59pm On Apr 11, 2017
hysteriabox:

Reminds me of an estate in dutse. Built but over 95% of the duplexes n flats have been unoccupied for the last 8-10 years. Aguess they were built for termites

Meanwhillie...
In jos,
1. Shere hills 5 star hotel
2. International stadium, gada biu
Its rock hotel...i weep for plateau govt, past and present. No initiative to tap into tourism on the plateau

1 Like

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 11, 2017
naijaboiy:

Igbenedion who set up this airline business abandoned it and built the first private university in Nigeria.

I wonder why he couldn't maintain this line of business tho. See waste of aircraft! cry
This country is a cursed country, see nigeria airways, see Okada air fleet. these beautiful airlines and others that have come after them have died a natural death just because of corruption and aero and arik air would soon join them too.

1 Like

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 11, 2017
nkemdi89:
There is one particular story building along pH road Owerri, the owner of the building has died but changed his location and started building the massive house, unknown him one day he visited the site to pay his workers unfortunately one his Kins men who knows of his demise met him face to face and called his name, the moment he sighted him the man disappeared, that was how that building was abandoned till now. Even government doesn't even go near the building, explorer come and see it yourself.
Ehn!! you say what, talk true. This is an interesting story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by carinmom(f): 3:27pm On Apr 11, 2017
Apollux:

Japan is not densely populated. Japan is experiencing a declining population. Birth rate is low and the number of old folks higher than younger ones.

Ageing Population.
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 11, 2017
Folksyharry:

It looks like chucky's ancestral home.
yeaaaa....remembering that movie
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 11, 2017
hope they don't export these fishes to other countries oo
Explorers:
Abandoned mall in Bangkok, Thailand filled with Tilapia.

A mall in Thailand that used to be awash with shoppers is now teeming with fish after the abandoned building was flooded.

The New World Mall, in Bangkok, was closed in 1997 after it was found to have breached building regulations, before a fire in 1999 left it without a roof.

Rainwater slowly filled the building with water, causing a major mosquito problem in the community.

In an effort to rid themselves of the pests, the locals introduced freshwater talapia fish to eat the insects.

The fishes can be seen in hundreds.
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Sirheny007(m): 3:52pm On Apr 11, 2017
Talk2Bella:

one of my best sites

discovered it 2013 or so

Great...
How do you find the creepy and weird articles??
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Chartey(m): 4:19pm On Apr 11, 2017
chukxie:

See houses dey waste meanwhile guys dey share passage, toilets and bathrooms for face-me-I-face-you for 9ja. Chai!

There are many unoccupied estates in Naija here.
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by sunnyeinstein(m): 4:30pm On Apr 11, 2017
Kaslino:

i think abandonment wasn't due to any structural defect but due to the world recession of that year.

No mind our people, ara oko tinx. The guy said Housing Collapse oo, market he meant oo. But pple sha
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by chiraqDemon(m): 4:35pm On Apr 11, 2017
Folksyharry:

This is the reason Nigeria must not go near nuclear energy until we have trained and competent personnel to manage it. The energy from it is great so is the disaster when things go south.
When u know that nigerians love each other is when nuclear plants are about to be erected
Hausa ppl be like, the igbo are our brothers i think the plant should be located in the east to bring economic development and the igbos will be like noo, our yoruba brothers are more capable than we are

3 Likes

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by DeRay98(m): 5:27pm On Apr 11, 2017
Explorers:
Abandoned Movie Theatre, Detroit, Michigan

Detroit was once a thriving city, but after the fall of the motor industry, Detroit was left in shambles.

This beautifully designed movie theatre was one of many places that were left to abandonment, leaving behind a chilling reminder of how great this city once was.

If na Nig, they don vandalize that theatre and strip it bare.
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Talk2Bella(f): 5:39pm On Apr 11, 2017
Sirheny007:

Great... How do you find the creepy and weird articles??
that's what I go there for
I love creepy haunted supernatural ish

1 Like

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Folksyharry(m): 5:55pm On Apr 11, 2017
chiraqDemon:

When u know that nigerians love each other is when nuclear plants are about to be erected
Hausa ppl be like, the igbo are our brothers i think the plant should be located in the east to bring economic development and the igbos will be like noo, our yoruba brothers are more capable than we are

grin grin grin
A news like that made front page some time ago and I can recall people complaining about why a nuclear plant will sited in their region.

1 Like

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by freddaboh(m): 6:11pm On Apr 11, 2017
Explorers:

This is the world’s largest airplane boneyard, where the previous aircraft bodies from the US Marines, the US Navy, the US Army, US Airforce and the US Coast Guard now ‘lay to rest’ for scrapping, recycling or historical purposes.
Seriously if Nigerians can have their way most of those planes will be plying our airspace. Naija I hail.
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by ItsJezzy(m): 6:13pm On Apr 11, 2017
Explorers:

Chai!! See d diff btw dis boneyard and that of Nigeria... Money Talks.. You listennn...
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by joshtega27(m): 6:39pm On Apr 11, 2017
I love this thread grin grin
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Sirheny007(m): 7:28pm On Apr 11, 2017
Talk2Bella:

that's what I go there for

I love creepy haunted supernatural ish

makes two of us!!
Dunno if I'm going too far but DM me Whatsapp..08100922850

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) / Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons / Condoms, Guns, Cigarettes From German Submarine Sank During WWII (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.