Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Why marriages are failing and solutions - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why marriages are failing and solutions (22483 Views)

What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today / Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd / “why Marriages Are Failing And The Solutions” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by izzy4shizzy(m): 1:39pm On Sep 02, 2017
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by LordIsaac(m): 1:40pm On Sep 02, 2017
Great tips.
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Marcus01: 1:40pm On Sep 02, 2017
Sniper12:
No solution. We have been copying western value and shits. Women empowerment and gender equality. Deal with it lol. Even some pastors self der marriage don crash
really? Shouldn't you be happy that women are getting empowered?. And gender equality is not the cause of divorce. We are all equal in God's eyes.

Op , you didn't mention infidelity
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by banmee(m): 1:43pm On Sep 02, 2017
Sniper12:
No solution. We have been copying western value and shits. Women empowerment and gender equality. Deal with it lol. Even some pastors self der marriage don crash

Yes you are right. It is better to treat women as slaves in africa and instruct them not to complain.
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by bettercreature(m): 1:43pm On Sep 02, 2017
Sniper12:
DOnt mind them,gender equality is the major culprit,it's going to be very difficult for a lady to lose control of her home if she is very submissive
You can't put yourself on the same scale with your husband and expect your home to last we are no American or European
Men and women are not equal stop the shiiiiit

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 02, 2017
Marcus01:
really? Shouldn't you be happy that women are getting empowered?. And gender equality is not the cause of divorce. We are all equal in God's eyes.

dey deceive yaself. When u empower dem dey wud not be submissive most times. Go to UsA or UK women walk away from marraige like play or dont get married. Our grandfathers had many wives divorce was scarce.
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by braine(m): 1:53pm On Sep 02, 2017
Marcus01:

No, we are not equal in God's eyes; men are the head, which means women are subordinates to men, divinely.
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Ushiefrank(m): 1:54pm On Sep 02, 2017
Nice writeup keep it up. Greeting to bekwarragirl
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by chukzyfcbb: 1:57pm On Sep 02, 2017
coz times have changed.
In the past, The roles of a husband and wife was clear.
The man brings home the food, protects and provides the needs of the family while
The woman cooks the food, nurses the kids, takes care of the home. it was that simple, both parties were clear on their roles.

But Now the roles have changed.

Men now want women to contribute to the needs of the family, while women feel since they are earning money and can take care of themselves and their kids, they don't need a man bossing them around in the family.

So because both the man and woman don't know what it is to be a wife and husband in now citing these new roles, it leads to divorcé.

#Myles Munroe #Manhood

6 Likes

Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Marcus01: 1:58pm On Sep 02, 2017
Sniper12:
dey deceive yaself. When u empower dem dey wud not be submissive most times. Go to UsA or UK women walk away from marraige like play or dont get married. Our grandfathers had many wives divorce was scarce.
lol I don't blame you. I'd not want women to be empowered too if I were you. Cus I'd be scared of them knowing how to walk away from toxic marriage. Keep living in denial. There's nothing u cn do abt it. U cn choose to marry from ur village so as to look for a woman to walk on. This is 2017. Wake up and smell the coffee. Women empowerment is going to get stronger and better. The only thing u cn do is to kill yourself. And who told u our grandmothers were happy. They endured cus they had no choice. No time for all that again. I'd pick one okonjo iweala over thirty of you one million times. Head ko, leg ni

1 Like

Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Marcus01: 1:59pm On Sep 02, 2017
braine:

No, we are not equal in God's eyes; men are the head, which means women are subordinates to men, divinely.
lol mumu. No be only subordinate. Like you can stand beside Michelle Obama and look her in the eyes. See this poor church rat claiming head.
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by aviationguy: 2:00pm On Sep 02, 2017
is better to be single and married than married to become a single.
so many people don't understand what marriage means,the lust of love at first sight has made a lot of people has broken marriage.
1.is better you define your kind of partner before marriage not after marriage you think the person will change or you can the person.
2.understand both background,you can't get the perfect person but you can get the kind of person that suit your definition.
3.ignore the present state of your partner rather you both needs to work together as a team player,nobody should claim a position ahead the other person because a tram succeeds if both plays their roles efficiently.
4.in recent times women has claimed responsibility in the affairs of the home or been boost full towards the man, don't do that because a man hate domination in marriage rather be humble and you will win your man over to your side in all conversation.
5.lastly never make the mistake of discussing your marriage issues with third party,everyone has their own issues its our clothes that covers our cans of worms outside.

with this points raised I believe we could have a happy marriage in our society.for more counseling contact me 08032387510 whatsapp only please.

1 Like

Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by bezimo(m): 2:02pm On Sep 02, 2017
lightblazingnow:
The actual reason there are higher rate of divorce

If you might be looking for far fetched causes of divorce, look no more and look within you, it's very glaring to your face, but because of society fame and wealth,we ignore these reasons and so begin to scramble for unfounded truth. I will outline some of the reasons you can add yours,of course some of us know the truth, you know sometimes it is so bitter to hear the truth when we think of the advantages of our exploits.

1. Incompatibility: most people go into marriage knowing from the onset that they are not meant for each other, yet because of what they stand to benefit from their partners, they seem to close their eyes to the reality facing them. I have heard of story of folks who lost their lives because they journeyed on in the relationship even when the signal is red.

Rule 1. Run from someone whom you know in the depths of your heart that you can not be able to live with. Stop looking for deliverance from men of God Almighty to help make both of you compatible. If it didn't work from the beginning, it won't work in the long run.

2. Overused of sex. Many have gone into marriage because they thought they could manage their partners bad attitude. Just because he or she knows how to dig it or she is an expert in bed doesn't make marriage work. You met her at the club and during the intercourse, wow, she took you to the moon and back again to the Stars and you saw your ancestors and even visited the goddess of love won't make the marriage work. Sex is only a slice of marriage. Marriage is two becoming one person.

That means they will be agreeing on plans, purposes and vision for the family. They will have to walk together for the common development of the dual. And so, after the sex you will come back to your senses and realise that you are still human who needs love and affections. Only the one who is ready to compromise with your weaknesses can help you stand on your feet when you fall.

Rules 2. Enjoy sex while it lasts, but never compromised sex with marriage. Marriage calls for decisions. You are going to need both planning and sex to have a romantic love relationship.

3. For the money
. This is the biggest reasons many fail in marriage. Because of the height of poverty and hunger in our time many think that to escape the tides, they need to swim against the tides, no and I shout out to you, hell not. Here is where choice comes in, if you can not make the right choice when you have nothing, there is no possibility of you getting it right when you have become rich with cash. Money can not solve your problems, it only exposes your weaknesses and stupidity which was hidden because you had no loud speakers. Here, money has come and you want to express yourself and explore your options. The same traps which led you into your contract marriage will also lead you into diverse lusts and negative desires which will eventually crash your marriage.

Rules 4. Learn more about decisions before you embark on a fairy tale adventure. The love of money is the root of all evil. Not money itself. Money is good,but money seeks to control the handler, if you have not been trained in the act. When you marry for the money be sure that you are going to need lots of it to keep the marriage sailing, Because that's the wind carrying you on.

Lack of home wisdom: Now, this is the last but not the least. No matter how beautiful you are and how educated you have become,if a woman or man does not know how to build their home it will eventually crash falling down. You must learn how to carry yourself and your family. You must know what works for you and your family. It's not what works for the other people. We are different for a reason. And we are drown to different passion. Your family settings are different from my family's. You need to discover it and keep applying it in every situation you face. No one is promising you a marriage without disagreement there will be times when you will feel like giving up, that is when you should remember what worked for you in the past. Keep applying them and you will soon discover that there is nothing new.

That the Almighty God calls history to repeat itself, but because the mind of the sons of men are full of darkness, they miss their visitation.

Before you make your steps acknowledge that you are a creature and not the creator.. commit your ways into the hands of the all seeing eye and he will establish your paths in the name of the lord Christ Jesus. Amen

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands- Prv 14:1

1 Like

Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 02, 2017
Marcus01:
lol mumu. No be only subordinate. Like you can stand beside Michelle Obama and look her in the eyes. See this poor church rat claiming head.
Michelle is submissive to Obama. Go figure. For every man, there is a woman and each have their roles in marriages

2 Likes

Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 02, 2017
Sniper12:
The ones that still follow God knows the principle guiding marriages. The ones that walk away are the aclaimed "free thinkers"
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Marcus01: 2:05pm On Sep 02, 2017
majekdom2:
Michelle is submissive to Obama. Go figure. For every man, there is a woman and each have their roles in marriages
it's a two way thing bro. A submissive man will get a submissive woman. Check Obama well too. He puts his wife first. Have you seen the way he treat his wife? Go figure too. Not all these useless men we have everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 02, 2017
majekdom2:
The ones that still follow God knows the principle guiding marriages. The ones that walk away are the aclaimed "free thinkers"
pple like dis?

Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Marcus01: 2:08pm On Sep 02, 2017
bettercreature:
DOnt mind them,gender equality is the major culprit,it's going to be very difficult for a lady to lose control of her home if she is very submissive
You can't put yourself on the same scale with your husband and expect your home to last we are no American or European
Men and women are not equal stop the shiiiiit
we are no Americans or Europeans but you can use their gadgets, wear Italian suit abi. The world is moving forward, you're going backward. Only in Africa. No wonder Africa is soooo behind.

1 Like

Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Daeylar(f): 2:11pm On Sep 02, 2017
banmee:

Yes you are right. It is better to treat women as slaves in africa and instruct them not to complain.

grin grin grin
Marcus01:

How can he be happy? grin
He is looking for who to control because he is a 'man' and gender equality is teaching everyone that they are equal regardless of gender so who will be be left for him to control? grin grin but you want him to be happy? grin

2 Likes

Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Marcus01: 2:16pm On Sep 02, 2017
Daeylar:

grin grin grin

How can he be happy? grin
He is looking for who to control because he is a 'man' and gender equality is teaching everyone that they are equal regardless of gender so who will be be left for him to control? grin grin but you want him to be happy? grin
lol are you minding him. I'd be happy too oh. Imagine knowing you deserve the world just because 'you're a man'. Nonsense. No be only head. Gender equality is not the cause of broken homes. Or u want to tell me gender equality is what is making some men cheat? See Chimamanda, dunno if I got the spelling. She's a strong feminist and she's still married. I know so many feminists that are happily married. It has nothing to do with gender equality. Stupid men everywhere
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Marcus01: 2:18pm On Sep 02, 2017
banmee:

grin

1 Like

Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 02, 2017
Astrological compatibility is the surest way to go. Give me a Gemini or Sagittarius girl any time any day.
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by BrainnewsNg(f): 2:28pm On Sep 02, 2017
modelmike7:
My first marriage will be my ONLY AND LAST marriage.

Amen!
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 02, 2017
BrainnewsNg:

Amen!
Thanks pretty.
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by sonnie10: 2:37pm On Sep 02, 2017
NwaObinkita:
sad

But why
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by bezimo(m): 2:40pm On Sep 02, 2017
Marcus01:
we are no Americans or Europeans but you can use their gadgets, wear Italian suit abi. The world is moving forward, you're going backward. Only in Africa. No wonder Africa is soooo behind.

That is why Africa has far better marriages than the nonsense we see in the west.

In Africa. The wife typically assumed the submissive role unlike in the West were the wife typically feels she can always square it up to her husband which often ends in divorce.

1 Like

Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Marcus01: 2:45pm On Sep 02, 2017
bezimo:

That is why Africa has far better marriages than the nonsense we see in the west.

In Africa. The wife typically assumed the submissive role unlike in the West were the wife typically feels she can always square it up to her husband which often ends in divorce.
far better marriages indeed.
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by IamEmem(m): 2:47pm On Sep 02, 2017
Marcus01:
lol are you minding him. I'd be happy too oh. Imagine knowing you deserve the world just because 'you're a man'. Nonsense. No be only head. Gender equality is not the cause of broken homes. Or u want to tell me gender equality is what is making some men cheat? See Chimamanda, dunno if I got the spelling. She's a strong feminist and she's still married. I know so many feminists that are happily married. It has nothing to do with gender equality. Stupid men everywhere

Bro, chimamanda is not married, never heard she is or got married. I stand with you, rather than gender equality or women empowerment, pride, misunderstanding and infidelity could be the cause of high rate of divorce. Only weak men go against these concepts. Everyone need to approach marriage with the mindset of giving his/her best to make it work, it is a lifetime journey. God help our generation.
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by bezimo(m): 2:48pm On Sep 02, 2017
Marcus01:
far better marriages indeed.

Offcourse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Divorce: Court Dissolves Asiya Ganduje & Inuwa Uba's Marriage / My Boyfriend Demands I Change My Church After Marriage / My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.