Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,375 members, 7,815,797 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa (16142 Views)

Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect / Amosun: How Tinubu Escaped Through The Back Door At Ogun APC Rally / "President Buhari Behind Crisis In Benue" - Middle Belt Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by arterxerxes: 10:49am On Apr 12, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrG50tFIm8E

The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, met behind closed-doors with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa in Abuja.

Fielding questions from State House correspondents later, the CJN said the anti-graft war was not losing steam despite major corruption cases recently lost by the Federal Government.

Onnoghen, however, parried a question on the alleged "gang-up" by the judiciary against Buhari's administration, saying
the system was designed in such a way that anyone who loses at a lower court can appeal the ruling.

The Federal Government had, in the last one week, lost four major corruption cases. The first was lost by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Monday when Justice Abdulaziz Anka of the Federal High Court in Lagos lifted the temporary forfeiture of N75m in the account of Mike Ozekhome who is a lawyer of Ekiti State Governor Ayo Fayose.

The following day, the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission lost the case involving a former Niger Delta Affairs Minister Godsday Orubere who was discharged and acquitted by an Abuja High Court over alleged complicity in N1.97bn contract fraud.

On Wednesday, an Abuja High Court discharged and acquitted Justice Adeniyi Ademola; his wife, Olabowale and Joe Agi. Justice Ademola, alongside other judged, were last year arrested by the DSS for for alleged corruption and possession of firearms.

The EFCC, on Thursday, lost another case involving former First Lady Patience Jonathan as Justice Mojisola Olatoregun of a Federal High Court in Lagos defroze her $5.8m Skye Bank account.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/cjn-visits-buhari-says-anti-graft-war-not-losing-steam/193104.html

1 Like

Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 12, 2017
Ok
Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by Chikelue2000(m): 10:53am On Apr 12, 2017
why closed doors?, what r they hiding again

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by WorldRichest: 11:53am On Apr 12, 2017
The CJN has been warned. If he or his boys mess up again, DSS will visit them at night. The story will sell hot the next morning.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 12, 2017
Many will not sleep this holiday because of this visit...instead they would be meeting lawyers etc. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by AngelicBeing: 12:29pm On Apr 12, 2017
angry
Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by Holatunde007(m): 1:41pm On Apr 12, 2017
Waiting for justice in Nigeria is like waiting a fight at the sea port........ The judiciary that suppose to serve as a balance has been compromised.

honestly am really getting tired of this country, it's been 2 weeks now, I've been hunting for a short time job to do before the school resume, for me to afford my school fees and other expenses, yet no work anywhere, though some people has contributed their own quotas, but honestly is this country this doomed, for someone who has the urge to work and couldn't find just one, not even a white collar job... Factory, serving, motor boy, petrol attendant, office jobs, even site works... None.
Am seriously depressed
Should incase the story change from ur end Pls contact me on both what'sapp and call line on O7O 33266193.
I STAY IN ABEOKUTA.
THANKS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by Bukayot: 1:41pm On Apr 12, 2017
ok
Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by Bukayot: 1:42pm On Apr 12, 2017
OK
Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 12, 2017
When will the Justice arm of Nigeria power structure get some balls and be independent? That's the only way the executive and legislative will respect you guys because they know you are watching them!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by HAH: 1:43pm On Apr 12, 2017
There should be rule of law, we are not in military dictatorship, the government must prove it cases against those alleged to be corrupt before getting conviction, No meeting with CJN will change this fact.

Media trial is what they do most

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by heisenbergheise(m): 1:43pm On Apr 12, 2017
Ok
Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by oviejnr(m): 1:43pm On Apr 12, 2017
heisenbergheise:
Ok
Bukayot:
OK
Oscarjax:
Ok
Weldone grin
Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by babyfaceafrica: 1:44pm On Apr 12, 2017
Nice one
Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by pauljumbo: 1:44pm On Apr 12, 2017
Nigeria will be great again

2 Likes

Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by berrystunn(m): 1:45pm On Apr 12, 2017
Hahaha for
Nnamdi case
Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by bayocanny: 1:48pm On Apr 12, 2017
mess dat meeting
Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by bastien: 1:50pm On Apr 12, 2017
Why?
Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by berrystunn(m): 1:51pm On Apr 12, 2017
Holatunde007:
Waiting for justice in Nigeria is like waiting a fight at the sea port........ The judiciary that suppose to serve as a balance has been compromised.

honestly am really getting tired of this country, it's been 2 weeks now, I've been hunting for a short time job to do before the school resume, for me to afford my school fees and other expenses, yet no work anywhere, though some people has contributed their own quotas, but honestly is this country this doomed, for someone who has the urge to work and couldn't find just one, not even a white collar job... Factory, serving, motor boy, petrol attendant, office jobs, even site works... None.
Am seriously depressed
Should incase the story change from ur end Pls contact me on both what'sapp and call line on O7O 33266193.
I STAY IN ABEOKUTA.
THANKS

The person you voted for.. Promise you job abi?
Call him, his name is Mr buhari, contact number 08033011005.

6 Likes

Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by ILoveToFuCcK: 1:52pm On Apr 12, 2017
berrystunn:

4 Likes

Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by www18766: 1:53pm On Apr 12, 2017
Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by Onwardvic(m): 1:54pm On Apr 12, 2017
all these behind closed doors meetings
Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by ChinonsoDike2: 1:56pm On Apr 12, 2017
Who cares?! The black race lacks the ability to comprehend the rule of law. Race of subhuman beasts. Name one thing modern day Africa has contributed to the world?! Dumb apes.
Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by castrokins(m): 1:56pm On Apr 12, 2017
He Wants To Threaten Him Abi?
Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by Blurryface(m): 1:57pm On Apr 12, 2017
Baba Go Draw Him Ears And Give Him A Stern Warning That The Courts Should Desist From The Off-The-Hook Bonanza That They Have Been Giving To Criminals In Recent Time.

Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by omenkaLives(m): 2:01pm On Apr 12, 2017
I hope the Gentleman has been briefed as to how Jonathan, the satanic criminal, sold a property worth 500billion dollars for a paltry 1.3billion.

Jonathan should be hanged. angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by Holatunde007(m): 2:02pm On Apr 12, 2017
berrystunn:

Lol
I wasn't even accredited talk less of voting
Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by berrystunn(m): 2:04pm On Apr 12, 2017
Holatunde007:

Lol
I wasn't even accredited talk less of voting

You supported in a way lol
Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by berrystunn(m): 2:05pm On Apr 12, 2017
Blurryface:
Baba Go Draw Him Ears And Give Him A Stern Warning That The Courts Should Desist From The Off-The-Hook Bonanza That They Have Been Giving To Criminals In Recent Time.

Him go school?

Baba his seeking advice.
Re: Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa by GenBloodykiIler: 2:06pm On Apr 12, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:
I hope the Gentleman has been briefed as to how Jonathan, the satanic criminal, sold a property worth 500billion dollars for a paltry 1.3billion.

Jonathan should be hanged. angry
[/s]

while Buhari should be killed by firing squad

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tribunal: Buhari And Atiku Know Fate On 13 September / Fashola Condemns Blocking Of Major Roads During Dame Patience's Visit To Lagos / Bomb Blast Averted In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.