Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,483 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years (1717 Views)

Emir Sanusi's Home In Awe, Nasarawa State After Dethronement (Photos) / Atiku Arrived Owerri Airport For Abia Campaign Rally-photos / Soldiers Storm Gboko, Benue State After Killing Of Fulani Men. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by ProsperOkec: 3:26pm On Apr 12, 2017
My name is Prosperity Okechukwu

By Anayo Okoli
UMUAHIA — SUCCOUR came the way of the people of Umuomainta community in Isiala Ngwa North Council of Abia State as the federal government provided them with a motorized borehole with overhead tank through the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD). This came almost 25 years after their first borehole provided for them in1963 which was in use until 1993.
Handing over the borehole to Umuomainta community centre, the Minister of Agriculture, Chief Audu Ogbeh, represented by the State Director, Deacon Ebere Simeon Oziri, announced that apart from the borehole, the Federal Government has also constructed a poultry processing mill in the area which he said has prompted the Abia State Government to site poultry cluster in the area which would feed the mill.

According to Ogbeh, the Federal Government has decided to stop the construction of hand pumps boreholes for the communities due to complaints associated with them hence the introduction of motorized boreholes. The minister appealed to the community to protect and maintain the project and ensure that the borehole would not be abandoned or vandalized.
He also appealed to the leadership of the community not to exploit the beneficiaries by collecting money from them, saying that the Federal Government constructed the borehole to be free of charge. But he said that in a situation where the generator needs to be refueled, little amount of money should be introduced but not to the extent of exploiting the beneficiaries.
In his remarks, the Traditional Ruler of the community, HRM Eze Christopher Ihemegbulam Ebere, commended the Federal Government for the gesture and assured that the borehole would be well managed.
“We are happy to note that the gesture by the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development to our community is a clear indication that we are expecting a better dividend in future. May we request you to please mention us to other Federal Ministries, as Umuomainta-Nbawsi as at today has no Federal or State Government Secondary School. Water is highly essential to life, but we expect better amenities from other Federal Ministries”, the monarch said

Source Vanguard

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/fg-builds-borehole-abia-community/

1 Like

Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by ProsperOkec: 3:34pm On Apr 12, 2017
Mynd44 Lalasticlala
Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by QuotaSystem: 3:56pm On Apr 12, 2017
Motorized borehole constructed with love from the Biafran Government.

All hail Onikuje.

1 Like

Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by Godprotectigbo5(f): 3:59pm On Apr 12, 2017
mtchewww nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 12, 2017
Nonsense grin
Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by ProsperOkec: 4:19pm On Apr 12, 2017
Keneking:
Nonsense grin
At least FG should be appreciated so they will do more

3 Likes

Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by QuotaSystem: 4:23pm On Apr 12, 2017
ProsperOkec:
At least FG should be appreciated so they will do more

Do you know the amount of damage your post does to the Liepod propaganda?

You're lucky the children of hate and lamentations have not skinned you alive yet.

1 Like

Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by ProsperOkec: 4:37pm On Apr 12, 2017
QuotaSystem:

You're lucky the children of hate and lamentations have not skinned you alive yet.

Am the person on profile o. Am Igbo but I don't support Nnamdi Kanu am just a reporter.

lol

E be like sey na liepod dey reign now grin

1 Like

Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by Godprotectigbo5(f): 4:38pm On Apr 12, 2017
QuotaSystem:

go and sit down

nobody needs ur opinion here

and mind u i dont have problem with Buhari government

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by Godprotectigbo5(f): 4:41pm On Apr 12, 2017
QuotaSystem:

even if is fg that built it ......sooo

just ordinary borehole dat one individual can build

why are u making it a big deal..........................as usual u want to makes igbos look bad

cant igbos rest for u people

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by QuotaSystem: 4:45pm On Apr 12, 2017
Godprotectigbo5:

go and sit down

nobody needs ur opinion here

and mind u i dont have problem with Buhari government

#Ignored

1 Like

Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by Godprotectigbo5(f): 4:46pm On Apr 12, 2017
QuotaSystem:

#Ignored

better

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by QuotaSystem: 4:47pm On Apr 12, 2017
ProsperOkec:

Am the person on profile o. Am Igbo but I don't support Nnamdi Kanu am just a reporter.

lol

E be like sey na liepod dey reign now grin

Don't mind the liepod jokers, those villagers cannot thank the FG enough for its intervention and the change it will bring to their lives; imagine having no water since 1993 (for 25 years) yet they've had several LG chairmen and state Governors.

God bless you jare for exposing the liepod propaganda.

1 Like

Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by ProsperOkec: 5:10pm On Apr 12, 2017
QuotaSystem:

Don't mind the liepod jokers, those villagers cannot thank the FG enough for its intervention and the change it will bring to their lives; imagine having no water since 1993 (for 25 years) yet they've had several LG chairmen and state Governors.

Thank u sir

2 Likes

Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by obailala(m): 5:16pm On Apr 12, 2017
What kind of news is this?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by ProsperOkec: 5:18pm On Apr 12, 2017
obailala:

It means that after 25 years of the past government a borehole was built for the Abia state people thank u

3 Likes

Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by obailala(m): 5:22pm On Apr 12, 2017
ProsperOkec:

It means that after 25 years of the past government a borehole was built for the Abia state people thank u
Are we trying to say the community hasnt had water since 1993?....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by ProsperOkec: 5:28pm On Apr 12, 2017
obailala:

Yes it was built on the orders of Buhari

2 Likes

Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by ProsperOkec: 5:28pm On Apr 12, 2017
Mynd44 Lalasticlala
Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by Godprotectigbo5(f): 5:28pm On Apr 12, 2017
obailala:

my brother help me and ask
Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by Godprotectigbo5(f): 5:29pm On Apr 12, 2017
obailala:

ask them oooo

1 Like

Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by ProsperOkec: 5:38pm On Apr 12, 2017
Godprotectigbo5:

ask them oooo
Mrs howa u

1 Like

Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by ProsperOkec: 5:43pm On Apr 12, 2017
Godprotectigbo5:

ask them oooo
I am not a Buhari supporter grin
Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by ProsperOkec: 5:56pm On Apr 12, 2017
obailala:

borehole not water in general
Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by fergie001: 5:59pm On Apr 12, 2017
My Abia State?borehole?
Dividends of democracy by the FG?

2 Likes

Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by Godprotectigbo5(f): 5:59pm On Apr 12, 2017
ProsperOkec:

I am not a Buhari supporter grin

i dont care about dat ........but this is not news

i know some people will misunderstand it

2 Likes

Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by ProsperOkec: 6:02pm On Apr 12, 2017
Godprotectigbo5:

i dont care about dat ........but this is not news

i know some people will misunderstand it
Madam pls praise the FG for the good and criticize for the bad pls
Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by Godprotectigbo5(f): 6:06pm On Apr 12, 2017
ProsperOkec:

Madam pls praise the FG for the good and criticize for the bad pls

guy i have said it and i will keep saying it, i dont have problem with this buhari administration

but borehole.... for crying out loud is this news to u

just be sincere to ur self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by CarlosTheJackal: 6:31pm On Apr 12, 2017
QuotaSystem:

The Igbos have never yearn for water because in every community you go you will see about five boreholes which private individuals sunk.

We are not northerners that depend on FG to develop.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by EVarn(m): 6:48pm On Apr 12, 2017
FG building boreholes,Nigeria really needs to restructure and decentralize,building boreholes is supposed to be the work of the LGs.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by QuotaSystem: 6:48pm On Apr 12, 2017
CarlosTheJackal:
[s]The Igbos have never yearn for water because in every community you go you will see about five boreholes which private individuals sunk. [/s]

ProsperOkec:

"This came almost 25 years after their first borehole provided for them in 1963 which was in use until 1993.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/fg-builds-borehole-abia-community/

Re: FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years by UcheCokoro: 7:02pm On Apr 12, 2017
If Buhari likes let him pay all igbos 100 thousand hourly we have said we hate him.

call Mynd44 to ban me I don't care

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Use 2M To Make 8M Within 3months / Anambra Election: Obiano Disgraced By IPOB At Onitsha (video, Pics) / Restructuring:Afenifere, Ohaneze,Niger Delta Elders Ponder 2019 Election Boycott

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.