Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,814 members, 7,844,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing (3516 Views)

We Missed You,olabowale,abu Zola,lagosboy,uplawal And The Rest / Olabowale & Abuzola: What Shall This Muslim Do B4 Allah Answers His Prayer? / Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 25, 2011
Abuzola !:

yes o my oga, missed u too, did you read congoshine comment, being my mentor what do you think i should do to him ? (1) twist him with verbal encirclement for being an atheist or (2) ignore the brat like a dead rat lying on the road and vehicles running on it ?
Do the bolded. Online fight makes no sense. I ve learnt a lot from ur Fellow muslim (moderator) in person of Mukina2 on how she relates with everyone freely even though her belief differs from theirs'.
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by Abuzola1(m): 3:01pm On Jan 25, 2011
toba:

Do the bolded. Online fight makes no sense. I ve learnt a lot from your Fellow muslim (moderator) in person of Mukina2 on how she relates with everyone freely even though her belief differs from theirs'.
okay my boss, but on the issue of muki and other muslim title holders, they have to carry everybody along be it a muslim or a christian, and in the process they compromise their religion knowingly or unknowingly inorder to satisfy their employer's desire/need, and thats the criteria and ethic for an employee. So don't compare them with us
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by dontrixt: 3:04pm On Jan 25, 2011
please i want to post a job ad, whu can help me with that
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by Abuzola1(m): 3:06pm On Jan 25, 2011
toba:

Do the bolded. Online fight makes no sense. I ve learnt a lot from your Fellow muslim (moderator) in person of Mukina2 on how she relates with everyone freely even though her belief differs from theirs'.
okay my boss, but on the issue of muki and other muslim title holders, they have to carry everybody along be it a muslim or a christian, and in the process they compromise their religion knowingly or unknowingly inorder to satisfy their employer's desire/need, and thats the criteria and ethic for an employee. So don't compare them with us
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 25, 2011
Abuzola !:

Haaha. Abu, i'm not ur boss but a brother. Ok u re right but i still think mukina2 is outstanding same as Jarus a gentleman
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by Abuzola1(m): 10:20pm On Jan 25, 2011
toba:

Haaha. Abu, i'm not your boss but a brother. Ok u re right but i still think mukina2 is outstanding same as Jarus a gentleman
yeah they are doing an excelerating job, but if am the one i will not insidiously compromise my islam for anything that will come along my path God's willing and my people will be proud of me likewise the other religious group coz islam has taught us how to co exist with other religious group and giving them their right without making my iman (faith) mendacious, the modish thing about islam is that in whatever thing you do you are guided, from birth to burial every thing is in place in Quran and hadith, it may sound funny but is true and you can verify from any muslim, even going to the toilet, islam has taught us how to enter, how to urinate, how to hold the private part when disseminating, infact where to face when using the toilet, i decided to site this example because toilet is a less significant thing and yet is not excluded,
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by congoshine(m): 10:35pm On Jan 25, 2011
Abuzola !:

yeah they are doing an excelerating job, but if am the one i will not insidiously compromise my islam for anything that will come along my path God's willing and my people will be proud of me likewise the other religious group coz islam has taught us how to co exist with other religious group and giving them their right without making my iman (faith) mendacious, the modish thing about islam is that in whatever thing you do you are guided, from birth to burial every thing is in place in Quran and hadith, it may sound funny but is true and you can verify from any muslim, even going to the toilet, islam has taught us how to enter, how to urinate, how to hold the private part when disseminating, infact where to face when using the toilet, i decided to site this example because toilet is a less significant thing and yet is not excluded,
And what have your own ancestors passed down to you?

Have you bothered to learn about your own people let alone the 'God sent ' customs of the arabs ? undecided

Imagine boasting that Islam tells you how to use the toilet ,as if that will reduce the almajiris on the highway cheesy
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by Abuzola1(m): 11:25pm On Jan 25, 2011
congoshine:

And what have your own ancestors passed down to you?

Have you bothered to learn about your own people let alone the 'God sent ' customs of the arabs ? undecided

Imagine boasting that Islam tells you how to use the toilet ,as if that will reduce the almajiris on the highway cheesy
hahaha, congo won't spare me o, you are free to believe God doesn't exist, plz take your wahala to the next door, no vacancy here
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by AbuHanifa: 6:13am On Jan 26, 2011
Applications are not even allowed. The hogwash CV remains invalid.
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by congoshine(m): 4:23pm On Jan 26, 2011
Only a f.ool says there's no God.

But we mustn't equate arab history,culture and beliefs with God Almighty.

Neither must we take what they say hook,line & sinker. . . .remember Bayyajida (and the 5 Hausa principalities - Daura, Gobir, Kano, Katsina, Rano, and Zaria ) Read this up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayajidda_(mythology) & you'll find out you have a great heritage. . .you don't need arabs to make you have a sense of belonging,ok ?

A word as they say is enough for the wise.
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by Lagosboy: 5:14pm On Jan 26, 2011
congoshine:

Only a f.ool says there's no God.

But we mustn't equate arab history,culture and beliefs with God Almighty.

Neither must we take what they say hook,line & sinker. . . .remember Bayyajida (and the 5 Hausa principalities - Daura, Gobir, Kano, Katsina, Rano, and Zaria ) Read this up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayajidda_(mythology) & you'll find out you have a great heritage. . .you don't need arabs to make you have a sense of belonging,ok ?

A word as they say is enough for the wise.

I have seen some of your posts and i think its time i step in breifly on the advice of my sister. Firstly islam is different to Arab culture and there is a clear distinction for the knowledgable. We muslims never feel arabs are superior in anyway and the torch bearer of islam, The holy Prophet saidn in his farewell message "No arab is superior to a non arab and vice versa"

Your generalisation of equating adoption of islaam as a way of life to adopting the arab culture at the expense of african culture is way of the mark and simplist.

We are muslims, we beleive in God , we believe in his prophets, message and the quran. We try to obey God within our ability and when it comes to social issues take whatever is good and beneficial from any culture and reject whatever is bad. We have the free will to practise our culture so long as it does not diplease our creator.

In the principles of islamic jurispudence, there is what we call "ourf" which is local customs and culture. Ourf plays a factor in the deriving of islamic legal systems and such is the dynamism of islamic legal theory.

I also invite you to the islamic way of life, perhaps it might be beneficial to you wink
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by congoshine(m): 10:20pm On Jan 27, 2011
Lagosboy:

I have seen some of your posts and i think its time i step in breifly on the advice of my sister. Firstly islam is different to Arab culture and there is a clear distinction for the knowledgable. We muslims never feel arabs are superior in anyway and the torch bearer of islam, The holy Prophet saidn in his farewell message "No arab is superior to a non arab and vice versa"
Your generalisation of equating adoption of islaam as a way of life to adopting the arab culture at the expense of african culture is way of the mark and simplist. We are muslims, we beleive in God , we believe in his prophets, message and the quran. We try to obey God within our ability and when it comes to social issues take whatever is good and beneficial from any culture and reject whatever is bad. We have the free will to practise our culture so long as it does not diplease our creator.
In the principles of islamic jurispudence, there is what we call "ourf" which is local customs and culture. Ourf plays a factor in the deriving of islamic legal systems and such is the dynamism of islamic legal theory.I also invite you to the islamic way of life, perhaps it might be beneficial to you wink
Thank you for your 'intervention'. .  .me sef get sisters wey love me o ! i have also read your posts & you're probably the most rational NLer (no flattering),

1. Please tell me can one recite the shaddadah in Yoruba & it will be acceptable to Allah?

2. Think about this. Why would God that created all the languages and peoples on earth,choose one person & language to reveal all His purpose for mankind and the expect all human beings to believe and follow this 'way of life'& then punish all those who do not.

I invite you (I suspect you are Yoruba from your ID) to read more about Ifa Olokun Asoro dayo. This is God's revelation to your people (Yorubas),unfortunately at the time of this revelation-they lacked the resources to write things down like the Koran,hadiths etc.

I enjoin you not to dismiss this with the wave of the hand. The same rational open mind you have been exhibiting,do exercise it here  it. The charge of idolatory isn't neecessarily true as you'll find out. (Recall the hajj still has elements of pre-mohammed 'pagan' rituals).

Sango,Ogun,Yemoja etc never planned themselves to be deified, they were all prophets sent to the yorubas like Mohammed to the arabs,Jesus to the Jews,etc.

But because of military,economic and political  expansion,africans have been brainwashed into accepting this other specific revelations as their own and this is the genesis of all the problems we have in the world today.

Let me know your thoughts on this. . . please take time to digest.
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by tbaba1234: 12:17am On Jan 28, 2011
congoshine:

Thank you for your 'intervention'. .  .me sef get sisters wey love me o ! i have also read your posts & you're probably the most rational NLer (no flattering),

1. Please tell me can one recite the shaddadah in Yoruba & it will be acceptable to Allah?

2. Think about this. Why would God that created all the languages and peoples on earth,choose one person & language to reveal all His purpose for mankind and the expect all human beings to believe and follow this 'way of life'& then punish all those who do not.

I invite you (I suspect you are Yoruba from your ID) to read more about Ifa Olokun Asoro dayo. This is God's revelation to your people (Yorubas),unfortunately at the time of this revelation-they lacked the resources to write things down like the Koran,hadiths etc.

I enjoin you not to dismiss this with the wave of the hand. The same rational open mind you have been exhibiting,do exercise it here  it. The charge of idolatory isn't neecessarily true as you'll find out. (Recall the hajj still has elements of pre-mohammed 'pagan' rituals).

Sango,Ogun,Yemoja etc never planned themselves to be deified, they were all prophets sent to the yorubas like Mohammed to the arabs,Jesus to the Jews,etc.

But because of military,economic and political  expansion,africans have been brainwashed into accepting this other specific revelations as their own and this is the genesis of all the problems we have in the world today.

Let me see if i can offer a response,

1.) Once you believe in your heart that there is only one God and Mohammed is his messenger, then you are a muslim. The public declaration of faith is normally done both in Arabic and in the person's local language, so yes you can say the shahada in Yoruba so you understand what you r saying,  New muslims are allowed to say their prayers in english/yoruba until they can memorise a few chapters of the Quran in the arabic language.

2.) We muslims believe that messengers have been sent to different people and civilization over the course of history with a singular message. "There is only one God, worship him". You will find out, different civilisations have always had a concept of a supreme creator. We also believe that some of the messages have been corrupted over time. We believe that last messenger to mankind was Mohammed(SAW), He came with the last testament of Allah which is the Quran which God has protected from corruption for over a millennium.

As regards the punishment, God tells us, he is a just God,  So His punishment would only come upon those who were warned and even after clear signs had come to them, rejected Him. If for instance, you leave on a remote island and haven't heard of God, We believe that on the last day, you will be tested by Allah before punishment or paradise is prescribed for you.

Even from the Ifa beliefs, the underlying concept is that there is only one supreme God. This is the same message that have been passed by all the messengers of God. Unfortunately, like all the other messages , it had been corrupted by the use of stones and rocks to represent God.

Well, the concept of the Hajj didn't start with the pagans in Arabia, It started with the prophet Ismail, a messenger of God. The kaaba was built by Abraham and his Son Ismail as a place to worship God, But as time went on, the practice was corrupted. And people started to carve out stones and rocks. So there are no pagan practises in the Hajj rituals. Every hajj ritual can be traced to Abraham and his family.

Sango, Ogun  might have been messengers of God (God knows best) sent to their people. We believe that all the messengers were sent to their people. But Mohammed(SAW) was sent as a mercy to the worlds. That is the difference.

I hope this helps

Peace.
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 28, 2011
@Congoshine,dont let it suprise you,i for one i wont dispute IFA at all,the only thing that will make me argue about it is because people have raised gods with the only true God alongside with it,infact,The IFA itself,i dnt think is corrupted but only peoples ideology is corrupted to have made them join the oracles(messengers)with Allah,The way IFA'S verses  recited is the same way with the Quran,infact,you get emotional with both when recited,ORIGINAL IFA IS SO PURE and undiluted like the Quran,but i cant really speak for now,maybe the men and jinn have corrupted it making people to worship others with God,Allah,Olodumare,Olohun.As av not really learned IFA,but i think personally that Jesus and Muhammad(pbuthem)were  also mentioned in it,it might also have talked about the advent of the prophet,and the commandment to follow him as the last messenger,infact,when i hear little children recite IFA'S verses,sometimes i feel like crying,cos its awesome,IFA requires no human sacrifice to appease Almighty God,it also preaches doing good and forbidden evil in things,I say all these,because i was once OMO IFA,I ONCE HAVE THE ILEKE IFA TIED WITH THE (PALMNUT)on my waist,though i cant remember the name of my IFA,cos then when we were called to IFA,i felt something so cool and tranquility withing us and we are so happy the verses being recited to us and then followed by prayers upon prayers to Olodumare and not any idol in between,then celebration follows,we ate and drank and all were happy,

And to some people that might think,oh its only poor people or local people that do Ifa,its a palin lie,well do do people of different fields and walks of life do it,they they wont advertise it,millions of doctors,professors,pastors sef,get opon IFA(tray &Opele) in their cupboard,i can say IFA is as real as the Quran only that people have done evil justice to it.Even then ,we were christians but then IFA MADE sense to us than Christianity of paul (not INJEEL) though,in those days,cos the corruption of the Bible will not make you feel the essence of it,the tranquility Allah sends with it,but we just had to follow because its invogue and society approves it,why wont they approve it sef,when the white men had brainwashed better path of thier brain.
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 28, 2011
This was long before i studied Islam and the verses of Quran made sense to me as well, i believe in all the verses as GODsent
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by Lagosboy: 11:19am On Jan 28, 2011
uplawal:

@Congoshine,dont let it suprise you,i for one i wont dispute IFA at all,the only thing that will make me argue about it is because people have raised gods with the only true God alongside with it,infact,The IFA itself,i dnt think is corrupted but only peoples ideology is corrupted to have made them join the oracles(messengers)with Allah,The way IFA'S verses  recited is the same way with the Quran,infact,you get emotional with both when recited,ORIGINAL IFA IS SO PURE and undiluted like the Quran,but i cant really speak for now,maybe the men and jinn have corrupted it making people to worship others with God,Allah,Olodumare,Olohun.As av not really learned IFA,but i think personally that Jesus and Muhammad(pbuthem)were  also mentioned in it,it might also have talked about the advent of the prophet,and the commandment to follow him as the last messenger,infact,when i hear little children recite IFA'S verses,sometimes i feel like crying,cos its awesome,IFA requires no human sacrifice to appease Almighty God,it also preaches doing good and forbidden evil in things,I say all these,because i was once OMO IFA,I ONCE HAVE THE ILEKE IFA TIED WITH THE (PALMNUT)on my waist,though i cant remember the name of my IFA,cos then when we were called to IFA,i felt something so cool and tranquility withing us and we are so happy the verses being recited to us and then followed by prayers upon prayers to Olodumare and not any idol in between,then celebration follows,we ate and drank and all were happy,

And to some people that might think,oh its only poor people or local people that do Ifa,its a palin lie,well do do people of different fields and walks of life do it,they they wont advertise it,millions of doctors,professors,pastors sef,get opon IFA(tray &Opele) in their cupboard,i can say IFA is as real as the Quran only that people have done evil justice to it.Even then ,we were christians but then IFA MADE sense to us than Christianity of paul (not INJEEL) though,in those days,cos the corruption of the Bible will not make you feel the essence of it,the tranquility Allah sends with it,but we just had to follow because its invogue and society approves it,why wont they approve it sef,when the white men had brainwashed better path of thier brain.

Sister please and please with all due respect and humility dont compare ifa verses with Quranic verses please. You could write good things about ifa if you wish but equating the ifa verses with the verses of the quran as a muslim leaves a bad taste and tantamount to shirk kabeer.
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by Lagosboy: 11:26am On Jan 28, 2011
congoshine:

Thank you for your 'intervention'. . .me sef get sisters wey love me o ! i have also read your posts & you're probably the most rational NLer (no flattering),

I enjoin you not to dismiss this with the wave of the hand. The same rational open mind you have been exhibiting,do exercise it here it. The charge of idolatory isn't neecessarily true as you'll find out. (Recall the hajj still has elements of pre-mohammed 'pagan' rituals).

But because of military,economic and political expansion,africans have been brainwashed into accepting this other specific revelations as their own and this is the genesis of all the problems we have in the world today.

Congoshine please i would respond to you very soon Insha Allah. Tbaba has done a good job on the answers as well.
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by congoshine(m): 12:41pm On Jan 28, 2011
uplawal:

@Congoshine,dont let it suprise you,i for one i wont dispute IFA at all,the only thing that will make me argue about it is because people have raised gods with the only true God alongside with it,infact,The IFA itself,i dnt think is corrupted but only peoples ideology is corrupted to have made them join the oracles(messengers)with Allah,The way IFA'S verses recited is the same way with the Quran,infact,you get emotional with both when recited,ORIGINAL IFA IS SO PURE and undiluted like the Quran,but i cant really speak for now,maybe the men and jinn have corrupted it making people to worship others with God,Allah,Olodumare,Olohun.As av not really learned IFA,but i think personally that Jesus and Muhammad(pbuthem)were also mentioned in it,it might also have talked about the advent of the prophet,and the commandment to follow him as the last messenger,infact,when i hear little children recite IFA'S verses,sometimes i feel like crying,cos its awesome,IFA requires no human sacrifice to appease Almighty God,it also preaches doing good and forbidden evil in things,I say all these,because i was once OMO IFA,I ONCE HAVE THE ILEKE IFA TIED WITH THE (PALMNUT)on my waist,though i cant remember the name of my IFA,cos then when we were called to IFA,i felt something so cool and tranquility withing us and we are so happy the verses being recited to us and then followed by prayers upon prayers to Olodumare and not any idol in between,then celebration follows,we ate and drank and all were happy,

I'm really happy to read this from you & I apologise for any hurt I may have caused you in the past. cry cry

Honestly tears almost rolled down my cheeks reading this.

its important we as africans realise that God is Omnipresent (everywhere),He reveals Himself to all peoples.

People,being human beings have messed up IFA,just like they have messed up Islam(suicide bombings etc) and Christianity(pedophillia,politics etc).

My point is not to cast aspersions ,but to make people look inwards rather than outwards.

We spend time learning arabic,while we can read one paragraph of our own language.

We know the entire history of arabs ,but have little knowledge of ourselves.

This is nothing but imperialism IMO.

God bless
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 28, 2011
@Lagosboy,if av said anything that seems otherwise may Allah forgive me,but all the same i dnt care how you feel towards it,its Allah's message too,even if the Quran is the last message which should be accepted as well,dnt be ignorant of your ancestors even though you dnt wanna practice it again,likewise me too,because Quran is final,why not go and tell the hindus that their own message where jesus,prophet Muhammad was mentioned is not from Allah,Allah put it there for all nations,so they can accept prophet Muhammad when he comes,hes now left to whoever that dnt accept it
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 28, 2011
@Lagosboy,pls can you show me where Allah says in the Quran about all the messages,apart from the injeel and torah,all i know for now is,Allah says he sent messengers to every nation and OMO ODUDUWAS are not excluded,ofcourse he must have given them what to guide them with.

Once again,IFA is not evil,its the people that made it look less geniue by attributing partners with Allah,hence,even the Oracles are used as partners with Allah against thier wishes,except the ones that fall into the sin of partnership,then will be hurled to hell alongside with thier worshippers,and you will be suprised to see many of the Oracles to be in paradise than most muslims seF,remember in Surah Wakiah Allah says,Large number of the former people will be on the rightside which is the first set of people and very few people from the latter people will be on the right side too(we  muslims counting from when the Quran was revealled to the end of time).

@Congoshine,its an opportunity for you read the Quran and understand it,its the final message,preceding messages before it.
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 28, 2011
@Lagosboy,Allah dnt say large number of people from only torah,injeel,zabur only,its english Quran that bracket it to be so,Allah meant past number of people of all races,all races existed just like the jews existed,that worshipped him only without being parners with him and did good deeds. Also wanna let you know,by me saying is just like the Quran means its also a message from Allah before they distort it,the Quran in its entirety came to remind mankind of past messages not only jewish books.
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 28, 2011
@Congoshine,people may wanna corrupt Islam but they will only try but can't suceed cos its the final message to humanity,and God as promised to safeguard it from corruption.To me Arabic is not Allah's only language,he only used the language to send Quran because the messenger is arabian,Allah understand all languages,the Quran be it in yoruba,Igbo,Hausa its a mercy and healing for whoever believe,me i personally i dnt buy the idea of "arabic is all in all".
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by congoshine(m): 2:45pm On Jan 28, 2011
uplawal:

@Congoshine,people may wanna corrupt Islam but they will only try but can't suceed cos its the final message to humanity,and God as promised to safeguard it from corruption.To me Arabic is not Allah's only language,he only used the language to send Quran because the messenger is arabian,Allah understand all languages,the Quran be it in yoruba,Igbo,Hausa its a mercy and healing for whoever believe,me i personally i dnt buy the idea of "arabic is all in all".
uplawal:

@Lagosboy,Allah dnt say large number of people from only torah,injeel,zabur only,its english Quran that bracket it to be so,Allah meant past number of people of all races,all races existed just like the jews existed,that worshipped him only without being parners with him and did good deeds. Also wanna let you know,by me saying is just like the Quran means its also a message from Allah before they distort it,the Quran in its entirety came to remind mankind of past messages not only jewish books.

uplawal:

@Lagosboy,pls can you show me where Allah says in the Quran about all the messages,apart from the injeel and torah,all i know for now is,Allah says he sent messengers to every nation and OMO ODUDUWAS are not excluded,ofcourse he must have given them what to guide them with.

Once again,IFA is not evil,its the people that made it look less geniue by attributing partners with Allah,hence,even the Oracles are used as partners with Allah against thier wishes,except the ones that fall into the sin of partnership,then will be hurled to hell alongside with thier worshippers,and you will be suprised to see many of the Oracles to be in paradise than most muslims seF,remember in Surah Wakiah Allah says,Large number of the former people will be on the rightside which is the first set of people and very few people from the latter people will be on the right side too(we  muslims counting from when the Quran was revealled to the end of time).

@Congoshine,its an opportunity for you read the Quran and understand it,its the final message,preceding messages before it.
uplawal:

@Lagosboy,if av said anything that seems otherwise may Allah forgive me,but all the same i dnt care how you feel towards it,its Allah's message too,even if the Quran is the last message which should be accepted as well,dnt be ignorant of your ancestors even though you dnt wanna practice it again,likewise me too,because Quran is final,why not go and tell the hindus that their own message where jesus,prophet Muhammad was mentioned is not from Allah,Allah put it there for all nations,so they can accept prophet Muhammad when he comes,hes now left to whoever that dnt accept it
OK. Then stop saying Allah. . .call Him- Olodumare.
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by hymen(f): 3:07pm On Jan 28, 2011
uplawal:

@Congoshine,dont let it suprise you,i for one i wont dispute IFA at all,the only thing that will make me argue about it is because people have raised gods with the only true God alongside with it,infact,The IFA itself,i dnt think is corrupted but only peoples ideology is corrupted to have made them join the oracles(messengers)with Allah,The way IFA'S verses recited is the same way with the Quran,infact,you get emotional with both when recited,ORIGINAL IFA IS SO PURE and undiluted like the Quran,but i cant really speak for now,maybe the men and jinn have corrupted it making people to worship others with God,Allah,Olodumare,Olohun.As av not really learned IFA,but i think personally that Jesus and Muhammad(pbuthem)were also mentioned in it,it might also have talked about the advent of the prophet,and the commandment to follow him as the last messenger,infact,when i hear little children recite IFA'S verses,sometimes i feel like crying,cos its awesome,IFA requires no human sacrifice to appease Almighty God,it also preaches doing good and forbidden evil in things,I say all these,because i was once OMO IFA,I ONCE HAVE THE ILEKE IFA TIED WITH THE (PALMNUT)on my waist,though i cant remember the name of my IFA,cos then when we were called to IFA,i felt something so cool and tranquility withing us and we are so happy the verses being recited to us and then followed by prayers upon prayers to Olodumare and not any idol in between,then celebration follows,we ate and drank and all were happy,

Blood of Jesus shocked shocked shocked shocked

uplawal , you haven't confimed if you are Shia or not ,now its IFA. . . .

God have mercy undecided
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 29, 2011
@Hymen,what blood are you pleading?when Jesus is not even dead?

And by the way,was jesus sent to you or your generation,or are you a jew?and have you cared to know about the history of where your forefathers came from,what they did,who and how they worship God,and stop claiming jewish heritage,try and learn your own,its better,learn your forefathers way eventhough its no more invogue now,rather than learn another race religion thats even corrupted manytimes before it came to you,stop branding(EBU/COUNTERFIT)

You dnt have to be bothered if am shia or Sunni,boths are muslims,I AM PRACTICING MUSLIM WOMAN PERIOD,and about IFA,its my business and not yours ok,atleast am happy i know my heritage,and how my forefathers worship God before i even accepted the last message(Quran) eventhough have been a christian all my life practicing corrupted version of what was not sent to my anscestors or my generation.You cannot claim to be jew when youre not.
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 29, 2011
@Congoshine,theres no way,i can stop calling him Allah,no 1,am used to it,and being the only language muslims use to do the public rituals,one just have to use it,except when am doing individual thing,ofcourse i still do refer him as Olodumare,Olohun,Oluwa,Eleda,Aseda.

And have you consider learning Quran,its the last message,and its not gonna be funny if you dnt accept it,if you wanna be truthfull,why not consult and ask about the last messenger,and the obligation to follow him.
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by hymen(f): 4:29pm On Jan 29, 2011
uplawal:

@Hymen,what blood are you pleading?when Jesus is not even dead?

And by the way,was jesus sent to you or your generation,or are you a jew?and have you cared to know about the history of where your forefathers came from,what they did,who and how they worship God,and stop claiming jewish heritage,try and learn your own,its better,learn your forefathers way eventhough its no more invogue now,rather than learn another race religion thats even corrupted manytimes before it came to you,stop branding(EBU/COUNTERFIT)

You dnt have to be bothered if am shia or Sunni,boths are muslims,I AM PRACTICING MUSLIM WOMAN PERIOD,and about IFA,its my business and not yours ok,atleast am happy i know my heritage,and how my forefathers worship God before i even accepted the last message(Quran) eventhough have been a christian all my life practicing corrupted version of what was not sent to my anscestors or my generation.You cannot claim to be jew when youre not.
Very funny,as they say lokk at pot calling kettle black. Granted Im trying to copy the jewish people. E wo nko ? Are you arab ? Why follow the arabs? grin grin grin

Sango was probably the last messenger (not Mohammed) cheesy
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 29, 2011
@Hymen,are you so retarded in thinking?and who told you the Quran is for only Arabians?like the xtians say,people perish cos they lack knowledge.The Quran is for the whole mankind,not only arabians,so where have i copied the arab?i thought you must have been better after studying the Quran,but all i can see is here is total waste of energy of whoever teaching you,the Quran you are reading is supposed to have illuminated your mind but instead its causing more darkness because you have hatred for the religion inside you,while you pretend as if you really wanna know its essence and become a muslim.did you know all mankind is addressed by Allah in the Quran and not specifically only Arabs,the people that are not jew and are not christians are refers to by Allah as sebians in the Quran.Whatever the yorubas practiced before now,was once Islam given by Allah only to worship one God,without associating partners with him,before it got corrupted.Pls go and learn more shogbo.
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by hymen(f): 6:01pm On Jan 29, 2011
uplawal:

@Hymen,are you so not-so-smart in thinking?and who told you the Quran is for only Arabians?like the xtians say,people perish cos they lack knowledge.The Quran is for the whole mankind,not only arabians,so where have i copied the arab?i thought you must have been better after studying the Quran,but all i can see is here is total waste of energy of whoever teaching you,the Quran you are reading is supposed to have illuminated your mind but instead its causing more darkness because you have hatred for the religion inside you,while you pretend as if you really wanna know its essence and become a muslim.did you know all mankind is addressed by Allah in the Quran and not specifically only Arabs,the people that are not jew and are not christians are refers to by Allah as sebians in the Quran.Whatever the yorubas practiced before now,was once Islam given by Allah only to worship one God,without associating partners with him,before it got corrupted.Pls go and learn more shogbo.
If na so muslims dey behave . . .I'd rather stay where I am. angry

However I do have really good well behaved friends that are muslims. wink
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by Lagosboy: 6:32pm On Jan 29, 2011
hymen:

If na so muslims dey behave . . .I'd rather stay where I am. angry

However I do have really good well behaved friends that are muslims. wink

Abeg don't stay where you are o , Muslims should not behave in a bad manner, we should not be abusive, quarrelsome nor troublemaking . Please use Islam as your baseline and not some Muslims.

The grass is greener on the other side, believe me you shall never have no regrets but full of thanks to your Sustainer for guiding you to his light that illuminates the heart beyond compression or expression.

Did you understand the life after death explanation I gave to you on the curious thread, let me know if you have further queries.
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by namfav(m): 7:00pm On Jan 29, 2011
hymen, muslims are also human beings, we also get frustrated and angry at times and we argue don't get disinterested just because you are in an argument with a muslim, even when we argue we know its not part of islam, islam does not permit arguments, the prophet (as) used to avoid arguments even walked away from people who threw stones at him not all of us are muhsin (living according to the perfection in islam) we are all struggling in this age, so don't get disinterested because of that, seek an example in yourself and follow your heart not in others inchallah
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 29, 2011
You dnt beg people for salvation,Islam dnt teach you people to beg people for salvation of thier own soul,If hymen accept Islam is for her own good,and if she does not,its should not bother you,you can only teach,invite the best manner.

some hypocrite here thinking some muslims have bad manners etc stated above and writing indirectly are nothing but ignorantly foolish.can anyone of those upthere sincerely from their heart say what i wrote is abusive?its just what hymen deserves i gave her,if she wants to study Islam,fine,no one is opposing her/or standing as a stumbling block,but when she start liking the religion and hating,badmouthing it,and disguising as if she wants the religion,what do you expect?you expect me to like such a person,or welcome such act,go to threads where the same girl went haywire tarnishing the image of Islam,maybe then your soft weak hearts will become hardened,would any good muslim not hypocrite alike though like such,or what did the hadith teach you about people badmouthing the religion and the Prophet,since shes not a child but a full grown adult,all you could do is to lick her shoes all in the name of calling her to Islam,and compromising the same religion.

As its a sin to stand against who wants to accept Islam but at same time not when the person is indirectly fooling you people,and shes tarnisghing the image of the religion,mockery of it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dogs Are Cute So Why Do Muslims Hate Them..? Find Out Here / Challenges Facing Igbo Muslims - Sheikh Uthman Anaga (igbo Muslim) / A Baby Born Written Allahu In Arabic On His Head In Ikirun Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.