Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,724 members, 7,820,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Malabu Scandal: Why We Must Question Jonathan – Reps - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malabu Scandal: Why We Must Question Jonathan – Reps (14255 Views)

EFCC Urged To Seize Dan Etete’s Private Jet Over Malabu Scandal / Malabu Scandal: Nigeria Secures First Victory Again / Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malabu Scandal: Why We Must Question Jonathan – Reps by plaetton: 1:32pm On Apr 13, 2017
Aburi001:
Either lease, sale or whatever. Can YOU exchange your personal property worth $500 billion for a token $1.3 billion ?

Either is cash, credit or kind. Answer me.....
Again , I see a dysfunctional educational system as the main problem here.

When they say an oil well has $500b worth of oil, first of all, that is just an estimate.
Secondly, That doesn't take into the account the cost exploration, extraction , taxes etc, and of course the TIME FACTOR, the time it would take , the 50 or 100 years it would take to extract such volume of oil.
Therefore my ignorant friend, an Oil with an estimated $500b of oil doesn't necessarily translate that someone has to pay $500b to lease it. Only a kindergarten child would think like that.

She'll or whomever, paying $1.3b for the rights to invest their own billions of $ to extract the oil for a specified period of time would be right in line with the industry standards.

Only ignorant folks that lack discernment would be making so much noise about $500b Oil being leased for $1.3b.
Re: Malabu Scandal: Why We Must Question Jonathan – Reps by Justuceleague2: 1:32pm On Apr 13, 2017
BBBlaze:

pls dont judge sentimentally, we all know d country we are in....rite frm our point of independence till date, there had being no government (politicians) dats not corrupt.

THAT IS WHY I WILL ALWAYS SAY NIGERIA IS TOO YOUNG TO GET INDEPENDENCE; WE WERE NOT READY THEN AND WE ARE STILL NOT READY!

I partly agree Nigeria was too young for independence, however I do not think this is a factor in itself

However all day everyday I will tell you that PDP ruined this country under Jonathan , don't justify the thefts of 1809 with the thefts of 2010-2015, it's insane
Re: Malabu Scandal: Why We Must Question Jonathan – Reps by BBBlaze: 1:42pm On Apr 13, 2017
Justuceleague2:

I partly agree Nigeria was too young for independence, however I do not think this is a factor in itself

However all day everyday I will tell you that PDP ruined this country under Jonathan , don't justify the thefts of 1809 with the thefts of 2010-2015, it's insane

your argument may be bias because frm time immemorial Nigerians had neva taste a good governace not even in this present government nor in time of the great AZikiwes
Re: Malabu Scandal: Why We Must Question Jonathan – Reps by Justuceleague2: 1:50pm On Apr 13, 2017
BBBlaze:

your argument may be bias because frm time immemorial Nigerians had neva taste a good governace not even in this present government nor in time of the great AZikiwes

You must be digging up that info from someone's anus or you ate literally 15yo

There was a time education was free, industries were booming in Nigeria, rubber cocoa, oil palm

There was a time when graduating meant one brand new car and job in the ministry,

There was a time salaries are paid on 18th, then 25.

There was a time........
Re: Malabu Scandal: Why We Must Question Jonathan – Reps by Elbowroom: 2:05pm On Apr 13, 2017
Afriifa:
I Just Love my Gentleman Ex President.

Re: Malabu Scandal: Why We Must Question Jonathan – Reps by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:17pm On Apr 13, 2017
sped1oro:
This is monumental and historic, Goodluck Jonathan and his cohorts will forever be remembered for the shame brought to this country in the name of national cake sharing. Our former president is now the subject of ridicule in Italy, how did we get to this level of impunity and crass clueless status where foreigners are the ones prosecuting our local thieves. Since when have we seen Nigerian courts prosecuting foreigners who stole from their countries? What a country of shame!

If you read this crap of hearsay which holds no water, you won't be showing how ignorant you're here...
Re: Malabu Scandal: Why We Must Question Jonathan – Reps by nkemjacob2(m): 2:26pm On Apr 13, 2017
d reps. neva stop dreaming
Re: Malabu Scandal: Why We Must Question Jonathan – Reps by Aburi001: 6:33pm On Apr 13, 2017
plaetton:

Again , I see a dysfunctional educational system as the main problem here.

When they say an oil well has $500b worth of oil, first of all, that is just an estimate.
Secondly, That doesn't take into the account the cost exploration, extraction , taxes etc, and of course the TIME FACTOR, the time it would take , the 50 or 100 years it would take to extract such volume of oil.
Therefore my ignorant friend, an Oil with an estimated $500b of oil doesn't necessarily translate that someone has to pay $500b to lease it. Only a kindergarten child would think like that.

She'll or whomever, paying $1.3b for the rights to invest their own billions of $ to extract the oil for a specified period of time would be right in line with the industry standards.

Only ignorant folks that lack discernment would be making so much noise about $500b Oil being leased for $1.3b.
It's obvious you don't really know my profession that's why you're ranting here..

Starting from exploration/Siesmic, drilling, cementing/well services, completion to production stage. I'm here to educate your corrupt mind and tendencies.

A marginal field that comprises of Gas and Crude reserve which huge amount of dollars had already been spent on Seismic and data collation by a competent Servicing Company just to know the worth and duration of the Upstream will never be leased out at a percentage less than 1% in a civilized world.

And to make matter worst, Jonathan and his boys shared the $1.3 billion. You're here supporting evil. People like you supposed to be hanged.

I weep for unborn children of this country
Re: Malabu Scandal: Why We Must Question Jonathan – Reps by Kiakia(m): 7:23pm On Apr 13, 2017
omenkaLives:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/228687-malabu-scandal-must-question-jonathan-reps.html
The President of Brazil was impeached for corruption. Another President was recently impeached and detained on the same score. She may likely face corruption-related charges. These were serving Presidents. So, why should former President Jonathan not answer questions on his corruption-stricken government? GEJ, Obasanjo, Abubakar, Babangida and others must all answer questions on how they ran the country aground during their time in government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malabu Scandal: Why We Must Question Jonathan – Reps by BBBlaze: 11:10am On Apr 14, 2017
Justuceleague2:

You must be digging up that info from someone's anus or you ate literally 15yo

There was a time education was free, industries were booming in Nigeria, rubber cocoa, oil palm

There was a time when graduating meant one brand new car and job in the ministry,

There was a time salaries are paid on 18th, then 25.

There was a time........
kwantinu!
Re: Malabu Scandal: Why We Must Question Jonathan – Reps by Codes151(m): 11:48pm On Apr 14, 2017
He will come and leave peacefully!! Only problem is, when your implicated, don't change the story o!!!? We want open investigation
Re: Malabu Scandal: Why We Must Question Jonathan – Reps by Leiman100(m): 12:03am On Apr 15, 2017
Afriifa:
I Just Love my Gentleman Ex President.
Yes o gentle thief

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Under Pressure To Throw Presidential Contest Open / Ebitu Ukiwe 76th Birthday Interview: Nigeria’s In Chaos, It’s Stuck / APC, Presidency In Fresh Plot To Set Up Atiku – PDP NWC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.