Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal (17904 Views)

Malabu: Nigeria Loses $1.7 Billion JP Morgan Chase Case / Gana: Wantor Akwaza Demands 5 Billion Compensation From FG / EFCC admits receiving petition on Osinbajo’s firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by Fraudophobia: 8:28am On Feb 09, 2019
Bayo Ojo (SAN), former Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, on Thursday admitted receiving a "compensation" of $10million from former Petroleum Minister Dan Etete for his work as a legal adviser in the sale of OPL 245.

Ojo made the admission in a passage of his examination in Milan in the ongoing trial of former top officials of Royal Dutch Shell and Italian Agip-Eni over the payment of $1.092billion to Etete, the former Minister who awarded himself the lucrative OPL 245 by willing it to Malabu Oil and Gas, a company he had earlier set up using a false identity. He was also convicted of money laundering in an unrelated case in France in 2007.

Among the defendants in the matter are the CEO of the 'Dog six-legged', Claudio Descalzi; his predecessor, Paolo Scaroni; their accuser and former Manager of the Sahara area, Vincenzo Armanna; and also the same company and Shell.

Ojo admitted, in fact, that the worth of his compensation was $50million but he only received a part.

"I received only part, $10million, "and I hope to be able to regain possession of others. I'm not going to sue," he said.

The $50 million, according to the investigation documents, is a tranche of the maxi bribe of which a part was also paid to him, and was nothing more than — as it was written in an agreement — 5percent of the $92billion paid by the Italian oil company.

Ojo's admission, heard by videoconference, does not match that recorded by the former number one of the 'six-legged dog' for the Sahara area in April 2016, as he had claimed in front of investigators and investigators that the money "recovered by Bayo Ojo" has never been returned because not only in Italy at that time the price of gold was very high and "the margin would have been extremely modest", but also for its "economic difficulties.

Ojo, Descalzi had said, actually wanted to have this money back "but I involved him in some business and I found him some customers in Nigeria and then, in the end, he was satisfied".

The former Manager of the oil group would have 'coordinated' with Gianfranco Falcioni, former Italian consul in Nigeria, and Ojo the transfer of the alleged maxi bribe paid by Eni to the account of the Nigerian government at Jp Morgan Chase in London and subsequently received from the former Minister the sum of €917,952 with causal "Armanna inheritance" and that for the prosecutor's Office would be a share of the alleged bribes for the operation.

In his reconstruction, Ojo did not deny that he had collected $10 million. Instead, he said part of the compensation for his "legal advice" should actually have been $50 million, a figure equal to 5 percent of the amount paid to Malabu and Etete for the acquisition of the field.

Pressed by the questions of the prosecutor Sergio Spadaro about the work he had done since 2009 — after he had left the public office during which he had taken part in the proceedings to reassign Malabu to Etete — Ojo, who is referred to in the indictment as one of the recipients of the bribes, explained that his task would be to seek "one or more buyers of the Block but I was not lucky enough to find them".

He didn't talk about the details of his assignment, however, claiming professional secrecy, but he specified that during his work he didn't know about the lawsuit initiated by Shell nor that the Dutch and Italian oil companies "could be buyers" of Opl 245.

He then said that the $10 million was transferred from Rocky Top Resources "to his personal account because his firm did not have a foreign account". Of these, then, a million and $200,000 would be paid in 2012 to Armanna to start an activity in the gold sector

http://saharareporters.com/2019/02/08/bayo-ojo-former-agf-admits-receiving-10m-compensation-dan-etete-malabu-deal

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 09, 2019
PDP!!! PDP!!! PDP!!!

See how they shared our monies brazenly without care for the masses.

Yet some misguided urchins want to give them trickle votes despite another ATM with no pin code called the Anini of Adamawa contesting for presidency.

God punish PDP.

If this trial was in Nigeria now we would be hearing words like

OUR DEMOCRACY IS IN DANGER!
LET OJO BE!
BUHARI IS A DICTATOR, cc EU, CIA, MI6, UNICEF, NASA, etc

123 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by alizma: 8:37am On Feb 09, 2019
d
Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by Corrinthians(m): 8:42am On Feb 09, 2019
These are the goats with devastating appetite for yams who these Cameroonian refugees want us to usher back into Nigerian seat of power. God forbid!

Just seven days away and we will watch the price of snipper, rat poison and waste lead batteries skyrocket because of high demand from those refugees. We will sit back and relish every single moment of their self induced misery while celebrating the triumph of Nigeria over Cameroon yet again! smiley

64 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by Nbote(m): 8:51am On Feb 09, 2019
Corrinthians:
These are the goats with devastating appetite for yams who these Cameroonian refugees want us to usher back into Nigerian seat of power. God forbid!

Just seven days away and we will watch the price of snipper, rat poison and waste lead batteries skyrocket because of high demand from those refugees. We will sit back and relish every single moment of their self induced misery while celebrating the triumph of Nigeria over Cameroon yet again! smiley

Sometimes I wonder if U ppl listen to urselves think or even think at all.. First things first, Dan Etete was d Minister of Petroleum under General Sani Abacha, Yes d same Abacha PMB says isn't corrupt. Hope U remember dis APC govt jus paid in excess of $15million to an "agent" (Malami) who is neither d attorney general or chief Justice jus last week as legal fees for Abacha loot which dey claimed neva existed. Let me refresh ur memories
https://www.nairaland.com/5003777/abacha-loot-fg-secretly-pays
... Bunch of hypocrites

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by docadams: 9:06am On Feb 09, 2019
Nbote:

Sometimes I wonder if U ppl listen to urselves think or even think at all.. Hope U remember dis APC govt jus paid in excess of $15million to an "agent" who is neither d attorney general or chief Justice. He received d money as legal fees for Abacha loot which dey claimed neva existed... Bunch of hypocrites

It appears, you are sucked in by PDP corruptive tendencies. How would you explain payment to a Chief justice or an attorney general. The commission was pre PMB regime. Irredeemable PDP apologist.

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:21am On Feb 09, 2019
Ojo admitted, in fact, that the worth of his compensation was $50million but he only received a part.
I received only part, $10million, "and I hope to be able to regain possession of others. I'm not going to sue," he said.
Thank God we sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians kicked out this evil party out back in 2015.
This country was raped and looted fkr 16 whole years, and now that we are getting ourself back in track, this same evil party wants to come back again?!

PDP IN NIGERIA AGAIN?!
GOD FORBID BAD THING!!

34 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by Clapbackdon: 9:22am On Feb 09, 2019
[s]
Tetehjewels:
PDP!!! PDP!!! PDP!!!

Yet some misguided urchins want to give them trickle votes despite another ATM with no pin code called the Anini of Adamawa contesting for presidency.

God punish PDP.

LET OJO BE!
[/s]

Shut up

APC has ruined Nigeria

Buhari must go

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by solopo2019: 9:22am On Feb 09, 2019
they are all rogues
Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by phyllosilicate(m): 9:22am On Feb 09, 2019
I receive ONLY ten million dollars!!!!!!

13 Likes

Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by mytime24(f): 9:23am On Feb 09, 2019
T
Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 09, 2019
Tetehjewels:
PDP!!! PDP!!! PDP!!!

God punish PDP.

LET OJO BE!

Corrinthians:

Lazy youths. Was Dan Etete a Minister under PDP?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by devigblegble: 9:23am On Feb 09, 2019
Oro di hmmm

1 Like

Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by KunleyY19(m): 9:25am On Feb 09, 2019
What a country...
Looters Looted Loot!!! Chai
If we don't fight this corruption of a thing we are going nowhere at all...

1 Like

Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by madridguy(m): 9:25am On Feb 09, 2019
cry cry cry
Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by frankwyte: 9:29am On Feb 09, 2019
Fraudophobia:
Bayo Ojo (SAN), former Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, on Thursday admitted receiving a "compensation" of $10million from former Petroleum Minister Dan Etete for his work as a legal adviser in the sale of OPL 245.

Ojo made the admission in a passage of his examination in Milan in the ongoing trial of former top officials of Royal Dutch Shell and Italian Agip-Eni over the payment of $1.092billion to Etete, the former Minister who awarded himself the lucrative OPL 245 by willing it to Malabu Oil and Gas, a company he had earlier set up using a false identity. He was also convicted of money laundering in an unrelated case in France in 2007.

Among the defendants in the matter are the CEO of the 'Dog six-legged', Claudio Descalzi; his predecessor, Paolo Scaroni; their accuser and former Manager of the Sahara area, Vincenzo Armanna; and also the same company and Shell.

Ojo admitted, in fact, that the worth of his compensation was $50million but he only received a part. This ia act of desperation on the path of APC and their Sharah Reporter stooge. Nonsense.

"I received only part, $10million, "and I hope to be able to regain possession of others. I'm not going to sue," he said.

The $50 million, according to the investigation documents, is a tranche of the maxi bribe of which a part was also paid to him, and was nothing more than — as it was written in an agreement — 5percent of the $92billion paid by the Italian oil company.

Ojo's admission, heard by videoconference, does not match that recorded by the former number one of the 'six-legged dog' for the Sahara area in April 2016, as he had claimed in front of investigators and investigators that the money "recovered by Bayo Ojo" has never been returned because not only in Italy at that time the price of gold was very high and "the margin would have been extremely modest", but also for its "economic difficulties.

Ojo, Descalzi had said, actually wanted to have this money back "but I involved him in some business and I found him some customers in Nigeria and then, in the end, he was satisfied".

The former Manager of the oil group would have 'coordinated' with Gianfranco Falcioni, former Italian consul in Nigeria, and Ojo the transfer of the alleged maxi bribe paid by Eni to the account of the Nigerian government at Jp Morgan Chase in London and subsequently received from the former Minister the sum of €917,952 with causal "Armanna inheritance" and that for the prosecutor's Office would be a share of the alleged bribes for the operation.

In his reconstruction, Ojo did not deny that he had collected $10 million. Instead, he said part of the compensation for his "legal advice" should actually have been $50 million, a figure equal to 5 percent of the amount paid to Malabu and Etete for the acquisition of the field.

Pressed by the questions of the prosecutor Sergio Spadaro about the work he had done since 2009 — after he had left the public office during which he had taken part in the proceedings to reassign Malabu to Etete — Ojo, who is referred to in the indictment as one of the recipients of the bribes, explained that his task would be to seek "one or more buyers of the Block but I was not lucky enough to find them".

He didn't talk about the details of his assignment, however, claiming professional secrecy, but he specified that during his work he didn't know about the lawsuit initiated by Shell nor that the Dutch and Italian oil companies "could be buyers" of Opl 245.

He then said that the $10 million was transferred from Rocky Top Resources "to his personal account because his firm did not have a foreign account". Of these, then, a million and $200,000 would be paid in 2012 to Armanna to start an activity in the gold sector

http://saharareporters.com/2019/02/08/bayo-ojo-former-agf-admits-receiving-10m-compensation-dan-etete-malabu-deal

This is act of desperation on the path of APC, EFCC and the stooge Sahara Reporter

2 Likes

Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by bedspread: 9:30am On Feb 09, 2019
Tetehjewels:
PDP!!! PDP!!! PDP!!!

God punish PDP.

LET OJO BE!
Abeg Ma/bro how does that matter concern PDP?
From what I read it has nothing to do with PDP...

3 Likes

Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by teejet: 9:31am On Feb 09, 2019
$10MILLION

$10MILLION!

$10MILLION!!!

ONLY!

ONLY!!

ONLY!!!
Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by taiwiki(m): 9:31am On Feb 09, 2019
Tetehjewels:
PDP!!! PDP!!! PDP!!!

God punish PDP.

LET OJO BE!
honestly we the masses sef don't know what we really want

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by seunmsg(m): 9:31am On Feb 09, 2019
phyllosilicate:
I receive ONLY ten million dollars!!!!!!

That part really got me. Only $10million shocked shocked shocked. God help this country. Our political elites have no conscience at all.

2 Likes

Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 09, 2019
bedspread:
Abeg Ma/bro how does that matter concern PDP?
From what I read it has nothing to do with PDP...

So you don't know that Goodluck Jonathan was actively involved in this fraud? The malabu scandal stretch that far

1 Like

Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by habsydiamond(m): 9:34am On Feb 09, 2019
He received 10million dollars out of 50million as compensation.... Which kind of compensation is that?? He is even still clamouring for the remaining 40million yet to be paid bribe.... These people take we citizens as fools o.... Am not sure this country can be a better place for the masses with the way our leaders are embezzling funds as if their life depends on it... God have mercy on us ooo
Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by abbeyty(m): 9:35am On Feb 09, 2019
These people don share the country money finish.....and some idiots want to kill themselves cuz of these politicians

1 Like

Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by JimD(m): 9:35am On Feb 09, 2019
Tetehjewels:
PDP!!! PDP!!! PDP!!!

God punish PDP.

LET OJO BE!

Olodo! Dan Etete served under the military regime.

3 Likes

Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 09, 2019
frankwyte:
This is act of desperation on the path of APC, EFCC and the stooge Sahara Reporter

You would have included the Milan court too where the trial is ongoing.

Mumu head

4 Likes

Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by amina88: 9:37am On Feb 09, 2019
And you want Nigerians to vote in PDThief so they will finally sell Nigeria. God forbid

1 Like

Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by bedspread: 9:37am On Feb 09, 2019
[s]
Tetehjewels:

So you don't know that Goodluck Jonathan was actively involved in this fraud? The malabu scandal stretch that far
[/s]

Madam I don't know!

Stop Ranting and Give Facts....

You have Just Jumped to GEJ!

Why? Why? Who did this to you..

Did u hv a bad Dream...

Seems u Lack Vitamin K

2 Likes

Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by omokab: 9:37am On Feb 09, 2019
Nbote:

Sometimes I wonder if U ppl listen to urselves think or even think at all.. Hope U remember dis APC govt jus paid in excess of $15million to an "agent" who is neither d attorney general or chief Justice. He received d money as legal fees for Abacha loot which dey claimed neva existed... Bunch of hypocrites
just listen to yourself. 15 million to an agent when the agreement was even signed during the time jona but this govt felt reluctant to pay when kemi was the minster of finance. If this govt has paid they don't have option than to pay because it is a binding agreement. But what concern a attoney general and minister of finance on contract agreement by collecting cash? You are here defending crooks. But is most likely you are one of them. You might be ffk, jjide,secondus etc. So there is no need of arguing with you.

1 Like

Re: Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 09, 2019
JimD:

Olodo! Dan Etete served under the military regime.

Go and read up on the malabu scandal and how it touches PDP

Who was in power in 2009? Oya answer

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine / 81 Ekiti Monarchs Write Fayemi, Reject Ranching For Herdsmen / More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Mull Tariff Increment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.