Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,442 members, 7,853,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:08 AM

Please Advice Me On What Ro Do - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Advice Me On What Ro Do (646 Views)

I Can't Stay A Day Without Making Love Please Advice Me. / Am Confused, Please Advice Me / She Lied For Been A Virgin For 3 Yrs. Pls Advice Me!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice Me On What Ro Do by kaz4sure: 12:02pm On Dec 31, 2009
there is this girl that i ve been dating for the past 6months, we so much loves each other and that is obvious to us but when i went for my genotype check last week i discovered that i am an AS stuff and she had earlier told me that she is also an AS.am so confused now and i dont no what to do
Re: Please Advice Me On What Ro Do by olanajim(m): 12:39pm On Dec 31, 2009
end of the romance!
Re: Please Advice Me On What Ro Do by chelseabmw(m): 1:15pm On Dec 31, 2009
am so sorry poster
Re: Please Advice Me On What Ro Do by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 31, 2009
Im sure you already know the answer, a 25% chance of having an SS child is too big a risk.
Re: Please Advice Me On What Ro Do by kokoA(m): 1:21pm On Dec 31, 2009
How come you guys are checking you genotype for the first time?
Re: Please Advice Me On What Ro Do by justmoore: 1:51pm On Dec 31, 2009
Biologically/Scientifically, your answer is NEGATIVE. Spiritually, the answer is POSITIVE because, God is merciful nothing is impossible. Meaning: In olden days there was nothing like that, no medical treatment, no hospital and people still give birth to children and they survive. Then, what about somebody that is confirmed from series of doctors that she would never bear a child at the end of the day she gave birth to triplet. My advice is you are not God but follow your mind.
Re: Please Advice Me On What Ro Do by freecocoa(f): 6:50pm On Dec 31, 2009
@ justmoore hu tld u al d kids in d old days survived?havent u heard dat sm of dose kids were branded ogbanjes cos no1 knew wat was rung wth dem.@ poster dnt go walkin in2 smthng u knw is nt ryt cos God is merciful & nt stupid,he helps those hu help demselves,dnt u tink u found out on tym 4 a reason?i knw couples hu had ds type of prblm & got maried cos they tot dey were in luv,afta givin birth 2 ss kids & d trouble was 2 much,d luv went sour.am nt sayin u r nt in luv am jst sayin mak a wise decision by endin d reletnshp,bt u guys hav 2 undastand its neither ur fault nor hers,GOD wil give u guys sm1 u can luv hu wil luv u bak.gluck
Re: Please Advice Me On What Ro Do by tashanja(m): 12:50pm On Jan 01, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Im sure you already know the answer, a 25% chance of having an SS child is too big a risk.

Yes quite right, but there is still a further option opened to such couples should they wish to proceed and have children; though its risky and not cheap and also ethically questionable - depending on your faith and conviction.

Basically there are tests that allow for the screening of the unborn child (foetus) for genetic disorders (including sickle cell anaemia) in time to enable for the prospective parents take an informed decision as to whether abort or go on with the pregnancy (in event the abnormality is detected).

In this case a sample of the foetal blood need to be taken (for testing) by a techique known as PUBS which is invasive and therefore carries risk to both mother and child.

Whether such kind of services are available or accessible in the country is another question - hence my reservation about the cost.

The point, however, is that AS genotype couples need not lose hope all together because the above option is available; provided they are ready to contend with the morality of the potential use of abortion as a tool for selection of their surviving offsprings smiley
Re: Please Advice Me On What Ro Do by netotse(m): 12:59pm On Jan 01, 2010
@OP
it's your decision in the end, but like ebonyeyes said the risk is real o. . .a friend of mine lost his elder sister last year(she was SS, in her late 30s) and he has another sister that is SS, i also lost a former classmate last year, (obviously she was SS), so while you're in love and all that, it would be wise to consider that u just might be setting yourself up for a lot of pain in future

and oh yeah, the classmate i lost she had just finished NYSC and started work. . .i cant imagine how her parents would have felt
Re: Please Advice Me On What Ro Do by temite: 1:37pm On Jan 01, 2010
@ Poster, i am really really sorry as you know too, there is chances of having an SS child, sooo dont be carried away with love, good luck

(1) (Reply)

My Final Year In School And She Said I Must Marry Her. / People I Luvd Never Luv Me But Others Do. / Hurt-free Rejection?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.