Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

The Struggles Of The Nigerian Youth : Reflecting On Billion Naira Dream By Brymo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Struggles Of The Nigerian Youth : Reflecting On Billion Naira Dream By Brymo (641 Views)

June 12: The Role Buhari Played During The Struggles - Sowore (VIDEO) / Tukur Buratai: Reflecting On The Counsel Of A Master Strategist / Tukur Buratai: Reflecting On The Counsel Of A Master Strategist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Struggles Of The Nigerian Youth : Reflecting On Billion Naira Dream By Brymo by Prec1ous(m): 6:24pm On Apr 13, 2017
The struggles of the Nigerian Youth : Reflecting on Billion Naira Dream by Brymo

The song Billionaire Naira Dream by Brymo is a pure poetic work and its takes a refined mind to get its real content. But a great thinker see it all from another dimension.

“Oh times are changing, and all things remain the same” – Brymo

That is the first line in the foremost verse and It connotes more messages than some complete and overpriced book.

Times has really changed, but our seem to either be on a standstill or we are reversing to the era of dinosaurs.

“The air we are breathing, is enough for every one of us” – Brymo

This line relates to the laid back attitude of Nigerians, no one pushes for more, since we are all breathing, that seems enough already.

No one challenges the government, no one want to be in the line of fire. We all seem content and that is why we keep getting what the elites throw at us.

He spoke about a future that is near and things then get interesting, when he states that he is just telling stories in the songs he sings, because reality still seem very far fetched.

The average Nigeria youth today is handicapped in almost all facet of life. All he can do is to dream big, all he has is his billion naira dream and a hope of a better tomorrow that never arrives.

“I am a man with many faces and my life is in many phases.

I crawl when I am running, I am cold when I am burning up.

Help me remember myself, I am lost in the man I become” – Brymo

The above ushers in the second verse and it describes a struggling youth with big dreams and ambitions but nothing to show forth.

A man that has changed like weather, his life is chameleonic as he tries to adapt to an unstable condition in an unstable and ever dynamic country.

He goes to school and he serves his nation in the NYSC, but who will serve him.

He is a lost man and cannot place his root no more, He is Nigeria but he is journeying through the deserts at Libya with the hope of getting to Italy, hoping to get to Germany someday and start anew.

A lot holds him back, he is running very fast but not even faster than a crawling snail, his emotions are diluted and his focus is shattered.

He is sweating under no imminent struggle all because he has lost his sense of direction, he is navigating a country with no clear path and the visible ones leads nowhere.

He is Nigerian but his country is a stingy boss and now he has become a militant, a robber, an illegal immigrant … he is just not himself no more.

The youths need to take charge and stop playing second fiddle to politicians who are supposed to be on retirement from civil service.

Let’s march to redemption and emancipate ourselves from societal and mental enchantments.

Nigeria Youths it is time to rise AGAIN!

SOURCE:
Precious Iriaevho
Writer | Activist
The struggles of the Nigerian Youth : Reflecting on Billion Naira Dream by Brymo

NOTE: You can do a quick google search to download the song "Billion Naira Dream" by Brymo

cc: seun, mynd44, lalasticlala, dominique

4 Likes

Re: The Struggles Of The Nigerian Youth : Reflecting On Billion Naira Dream By Brymo by Prec1ous(m): 6:24pm On Apr 13, 2017
Oya let the talking begin.

What others are also reading.

Read this too:Top 20 Unconventional Ways to get your dream job/employment in Nigeria
https://collegereap.com/top-20-unconventional-ways-to-get-your-dream-jobemployment-in-nigeria/

How to write a standard CV in Nigeria that gets you an interview in 2017
https://collegereap.com/how-to-write-standard-cv-resume-nigeria-gets-interview-2017/

Drop your comments and lets communicate here!

2 Likes

Re: The Struggles Of The Nigerian Youth : Reflecting On Billion Naira Dream By Brymo by lammsohiman(m): 6:31pm On Apr 13, 2017
Even Brymo himself didn't reason through the latent meanings, great job there.
Re: The Struggles Of The Nigerian Youth : Reflecting On Billion Naira Dream By Brymo by Kaymercury(m): 7:28pm On Apr 13, 2017
I just don't why I love this guy really much.his songs are full of messages which only real thinkers can understand.op try to listen to his when you fall,back to basic and cheap wine track I'm sure u will like it

3 Likes

Re: The Struggles Of The Nigerian Youth : Reflecting On Billion Naira Dream By Brymo by FreeSpirited: 9:30pm On Apr 13, 2017
Nigerians no get the kind sense da will appreciate the aesthetic of this work......Party jamz don block our senses

1 Like

Re: The Struggles Of The Nigerian Youth : Reflecting On Billion Naira Dream By Brymo by LoveMachine(m): 10:48pm On Apr 13, 2017
Bruno is my guy. Props to the writer of the article. This is a tough life.
Re: The Struggles Of The Nigerian Youth : Reflecting On Billion Naira Dream By Brymo by Prec1ous(m): 5:11pm On Apr 20, 2017
Another post for you to consider.
Re: The Struggles Of The Nigerian Youth : Reflecting On Billion Naira Dream By Brymo by Munzy14(m): 6:07pm On Apr 20, 2017
awesome
Re: The Struggles Of The Nigerian Youth : Reflecting On Billion Naira Dream By Brymo by ThatIgboBoy: 7:06pm On Apr 20, 2017
I had brymos tabula rasa and klitoris album on my phone. He is so talented. His music is deep and isnt made for this clime. He has messages in almost all his songs. Brymo should be international
Re: The Struggles Of The Nigerian Youth : Reflecting On Billion Naira Dream By Brymo by Prec1ous(m): 7:24am On Apr 21, 2017
Myn44 check this post for us
Re: The Struggles Of The Nigerian Youth : Reflecting On Billion Naira Dream By Brymo by Opiletool(m): 7:53pm On Jul 26, 2018
Nice post op.

(1) (Reply)

See How Gov Dickson Of Bayelsa Greeted Alaafin Of Oyo At African Drum Festival(p / The Bravest Recorded Act Of Valour In Most Recent Military Times By A So Far / Pls Who Are The Cabals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.