Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,937 members, 7,841,598 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) (30556 Views)

The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) / Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? / Catholic Church Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus At The University Of Uyo (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by chuks34(m): 9:23pm On Apr 14, 2017
By his passion we where saved
Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by modaink333: 9:24pm On Apr 14, 2017
I love you Jesus my Love above all things... I repent with my whole heart of having offended thee, never permit me to seprate myself from you again, grant that i may love you always and do with me what ever you will

2 Likes

Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by mrvsaint(m): 9:25pm On Apr 14, 2017
nice one
Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by Shaev7(m): 9:26pm On Apr 14, 2017
jeffrizzy1:
this is crazy,playing the role of Jesus.....I hate this.

What is the significance?

Can any suffering be compared to the suffering of Jesus Christ?

ANNOYING!!!

Please read your statement again.
Are they comparing the suffering of Jesus or depicting an image of what had happened? So don't try to be one of the chief priests who master minded... Because I seem not to comprehend what you mean.
Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by modaink333: 9:26pm On Apr 14, 2017
Great God
Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by chuks34(m): 9:28pm On Apr 14, 2017
By his passion we where saved
Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by modaink333: 9:28pm On Apr 14, 2017
jeffrizzy1:

ANNOYING!!!
U are simply a dog with a cow brain... I pray u receive good sense dis good friday .....
Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by willibounce1(m): 9:29pm On Apr 14, 2017
I just hope the guy that acted as Jesus will not go and kpansh puna after trying to be like Jesus.
Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by bignwa(m): 9:30pm On Apr 14, 2017
FORGIVE ME CHRIST FOR I SINED AGAINST YOUR WILL today

1 Like

Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by frankblinkz(m): 9:36pm On Apr 14, 2017
all this are arrant nonsense don't ask me why
Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by lovelycisca(f): 9:41pm On Apr 14, 2017
Wow... Nice one.. St Patrick's ojo/alaba my parish..
Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by ijayebonyi(f): 9:44pm On Apr 14, 2017
All these acts is not necessary, what is needed is to reflect on his teachings and live it
Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 14, 2017
I really pity d boy dy use in acting Jesus in my school.. Jesus I love u
Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by redsun(m): 9:48pm On Apr 14, 2017
Jesus would have been disappointed if he was dragged on that kind of road. He wouldn't have thought much of the leaders of his time,and his generation in general.
Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 9:49pm On Apr 14, 2017
Nothing can seperate me from the love of God. He loved me so much that he sent his son to die fro me. Yet I crucify him everyday with my sins and his love for me still remains unceasing.

1 Like

Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by jaybim: 9:55pm On Apr 14, 2017
jeffrizzy1:

ANNOYING!!!

No one is comparing bro. It's significant as a visual representation of Christ's passion.
Its like saying we should not even try to be Christian 'coz we can never come close to being like Christ.
It's all part of the ministration. When you read the Bible, when you fast, go to church etc you are following Christ's life and sharing his experience so that you can apply this for your salvation. Shall we then stop preaching coz we can never preach like Christ?
Besides what's so bad about it? I'd understand if you were upset that things were distorted or the portrayal is untrue or misleading. What harm could this pose??

Just try to be more accommodating.

2 Likes

Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by doverulez(m): 9:56pm On Apr 14, 2017
Oh dear! This is serious business. For once I don't believe the Catholics. #catholics&deceits
Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by doverulez(m): 9:56pm On Apr 14, 2017
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Oh dear! This is serious business. For once I don't believe the Catholics. #catholics&deceits
Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by impact55: 10:04pm On Apr 14, 2017
O Christ-worshippers! We’ve got some questions Wanting answers from he who comprehends; If the god is murdered by a people Which kind of god is this? Was He pleased by their assault on Him? If yes, blessed be they, for achieving His ‘pleasure’! But if He was discontented, This means their power had subjugated his powers! Was the whole entity left without a Deity Who answers those who invoke Him? Were the seven heavens vacated When he laid somewhere under the ground? Were all the worlds left without a god, Who managed them while his hands were nailed? Why did the angels deserted him, Without help when they heard him wail? How could the rods stand to bear the True Lord? When He was fastened. How could the irons (nails) reached Him And [had] His body pinned in agony? How could His enemies seize Him And could [even] slap His rear? And was Christ revived by himself, or was the Reviver another God? I wonder how a grave could enclose a god! Strange still is the womb that confined him! He stayed there for nine months in utter darkness, Being fed, only by blood! Then he got out of the womb an infant Weak and gasping to be breast-fed! He ate, drank, and did what naturally resulted, Is this [whom you call] a god? Sublime and Exalted be Allah above the libels of the Christians, They shall account for their calumny! O Cross-worshippers! For what reason is this [cross] exalted? And blame [is cast upon those] who reject it? Is it not logical to break and burn it Along with the one who innovated it? Since the Lord was crucified on it, And his hands were fastened to it? That is really a cursed cross to carry! So discard it, don’t kiss it! The lord was humiliated on it, And you still adore it? Surely, an enemy of His you are! Then, if you extol it, Because it carried the ‘lord of the Worlds’, Why don’t you prostrate yourself to graves in worship? Since it (also) contained your god a while! Even though the cross is now extinct The sight of its shape should remind of its horror! Wake up! O Christ worshippers, For this is the beginning and the end [of our admonition].
Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by Damilaredrey24(m): 10:22pm On Apr 14, 2017

ANNOYING!!![/quote] The 1 u watch no be movie also...no be person act as Jesus so why complaining about dis....Over too know dey worry u abi
Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by chibuzorAbia: 10:22pm On Apr 14, 2017
THE MOST FOOLISH PEOPLE ON EARTH?

Yes, you! Me! We AFRICANS!
Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by geekybabe(f): 10:30pm On Apr 14, 2017
GlobalGisting:
IF YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFINE "HUMBLE" WATCH DIS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eRIhT6jmwI VIEW, LIKE AND SHARE...LETS SPREAD THE HUMILITY GOSPEL #basedonlogistics
Are you jobless?
Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by stonemasonn: 10:49pm On Apr 14, 2017
To me, it looks like you're mocking the Christ.
Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by charleyboi(m): 11:00pm On Apr 14, 2017
May the dead of Christ and his rising potentials brings everlasting solutions to all our problems.
Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by guychidile: 11:10pm On Apr 14, 2017
wow..very nice,the first time my children watched it when it was staged in my church,mehn..,every body was happy,including elders.
Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by Goldienana(f): 11:11pm On Apr 14, 2017
Wanted to tell him go and die in Oshomole voice but remembered Christ died for him Already. No bi by force to read a post. lol u r so right tho.
Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by FavoredGuy: 11:25pm On Apr 14, 2017
Honestly, I am an ardent Catholic faithful but I don't understand this when there should be more attention focused on prayer and meditation, people will be busy capturing pics and videos. It is gradually becoming part Nigerian liturgy. Most of us who take part in the drama see themselves as something else, just like MOD, Boys Scout/Brigade. Prayers as serious as Stations of the Cross should not be said along the road, neither should it be dramatised. I don't know what it shows but I know it contradicts Jesus' teaching in Matthew 6 : 5-8. It should be a moment of sober reflection and not a moment of watching drama. The drama can be acted on another day when drama is needed to teach or entertain not on Good Friday.

Peopl ignorantly take the picture of Robert Powell as that of Jesus. That's an error.
Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by totorimi: 12:27am On Apr 15, 2017
I used to think they were making mockery of my Lord Jesus until I opened my heart and soul to witness the wickedness in man's heart for me to really absorb what my saviour went through in the hands of men of this world....and as it is then so it is today even on Nairaland, those the devil have bonded their hearts and feet with a big chain cant see anything good in this, I dont blame them I used to be like that until I opened my heart to imagine what the Lord Jesus went through for my sins for me to be saved from eternal damnation.
Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 15, 2017
Jesus was never crucified.
Paul is the caused of this useless stuff.
Paul wrote bible
Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by Djbond(m): 11:12am On Apr 15, 2017
castrol180:

Then smash your device on the ground as I did to mine just now
haha. Omo ale
Re: Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) by castrol180(m): 11:33am On Apr 15, 2017
Djbond:
haha. Omo ale
It's harsh but the fact...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) / Prophet Valentine Alloysiu: Atiku Will Win Presidency, INEC Will Announce Buhari / Xenophobia : TB Joshua Weeps In Church As He Composes Song For Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.