Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible (9142 Views)

T.B Joshua Absent From High Court In Lagos (Photos) / Prophet Tb Joshua 2014 Prophecy About APC & PDP / Why Are U Are Christian , Why Christianity ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by AbuZola3(m): 7:45pm On Dec 31, 2009
There are many things mentioned in the Quran that is absent in the bible. So how on earth can one copied a plagarized book, a book of contradiction and fairytale.

Fastidicious xtrian always say that the Quranic prophets or men of God were copied or rather stolen from the bible.
Simple Quest, why is Prophet Hud Quran 7:65-72, 26:123-140 and Prophet shuaib Quran 7:85-93, 11:84-95 absent in the Bible ? This again shows the superiority of the Holy Quran

'The Quran is truth from God' Quran 32:3
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 31, 2009
There absense didnt bring the world to an end,neither will it cause anything to change.Many apostles were mentioned in d bible&werent found in d quran.d 2books were written by separate pple.What matters is that God almighty & JESUS d messiah were mentioned in hadith,quran,bible&other religious&non religious books
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by noetic15(m): 8:02pm On Dec 31, 2009
Abu Zola:

There are many things mentioned in the Quran that is absent in the bible. So how on earth can one copied a plagarized book, a book of contradiction and fairytale.

Fastidicious xtrian always say that the Quranic prophets or men of God were copied or rather stolen from the bible.
Simple Quest, why is Prophet Hud Quran 7:65-72, 26:123-140 and Prophet shuaib Quran 7:85-93, 11:84-95 absent in the Bible ? This again shows the superiority of the Holy Quran

'The Quran is truth from God' Quran 32:3

the prophets and other things in the koran (and not in the bible) are products of mohammed's imagination.
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by AbuZola3(m): 8:09pm On Dec 31, 2009
Noetic thanks for making us know that the bible is plagarized.

@
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by AbuZola3(m): 8:13pm On Dec 31, 2009
Toba- So the conclusion is the bible is incomplete, thank u
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by olabowale(m): 8:15pm On Dec 31, 2009
God Almighty in Yoruba is Olorun, in Igbo Chukwu, in Hausa Obangiji, in Arabic Allah, is not a christian, jew, or muslim ownership exclusively. He the Creator belong to every creation. So your claim about it for the Bible, is incorrect.

Oh, Jesus is a mere messenger and prophet (AS) in the Quran, though he is a god to you among the three gods; father, ghost and son. Or, am I incorrect, because I am waiting for your denial of the three gods, you idol worshipper!

Back to the topic; the fact that you dont have these prophets of God Almighty Who is Alone in His Completeness, unlike your so call god of three persons (lol) shows that Islam is separate and different from your christianity and its varied bible. Your religion is similar to ogun of the yoruba religion.

1 Like

Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by viaro: 9:06pm On Dec 31, 2009
Please show me the prophet ISAIAH in any edition of your most complete quran.
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by AbuZola3(m): 9:30pm On Dec 31, 2009
Isaiah ? Oh, check this out

'and remember Ishamel and enoch and isaiah, all were among the patient' Quran 21:85
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by viaro: 9:35pm On Dec 31, 2009
Abu Zola:

Isaiah ? Oh, check this out

'and remember Ishamel and enoch and isaiah, all were among the patient' Quran 21:85

I knew you would fall for that. Please tell me what is the meaning of the name Isaiah. Most translations of the quran in that verse have Dhul-Kifl which they translate as 'Isaiah'. Just let me know the meaning of Isaiah then we can take it from there.
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by AbuZola3(m): 10:58pm On Dec 31, 2009
Why are you asking me for the meaning, why are you xtrian so cunning, when the truth is reveal to you, you dodge
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by viaro: 11:12pm On Dec 31, 2009
Abu Zola:

Why are you asking me for the meaning, why are you xtrian so cunning, when the truth is reveal to you, you dodge

The reason I asked you for the meaning of the name Isaiah is because it just shows you don't carefully consider a matter before your two fingers grab your cell phone to type anything and post on Nairaland.

But if the meaning of the name Isaiah is too hard for you, leave that one aside for now - you're not writing Oxford exam. Rather, just go back and consider carefully if 'Dhul-Kifl' is the same as Isaiah. (Please don't run round in circles like you did in the other thread about dahaha and ostrich eggs. . I don't have power to laugh until 2010! grin )

Please hurry up and stop making excuses.
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by AbuZola3(m): 11:22pm On Dec 31, 2009
Did you just make sense at all, poor son of jesu
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by viaro: 11:56pm On Dec 31, 2009
@Abu Zola,

Abu Zola:

Did you just make sense at all, poor son of jesu

You're the one who has not made any sense; but before we enter 2010, let me again trash your brains and send you back to that Islamic school from which you graduated. Poor soul. grin

Abu Zola:

This again shows the superiority of the Holy Quran

It's quite a simple thing, really. The question of whether some names appear in the quran but are absent from the Bible is not what gives Islam any credibility. Some names in the Bible do not appear in the quran, and some which are mentioned in the quran cannot be found in the Bible either. So what's the big deal about that? Nada, zero, zilch.

Just to humour you, we know it is commonly held that there are about 25 prophets by name in the Qur'an; and besides that, it is often said that there are about 313 apostles and about 120,000 prophets (according to the hadiths). In all these, no muslim is able to give the names of all the apostles and prophets in the quran or hadiths. None! Apart from the handful of names in the quran, the '120,000' is just an assumption that is thrown out there like a joke that no one takes seiously today, so let's not even begin to ask you to make wild guesses.
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by viaro: 11:58pm On Dec 31, 2009
Yet, to address your initial questions about Hud and Shuaib:

Abu Zola:
Simple Quest, why is Prophet Hud Quran 7:65-72, 26:123-140 and Prophet shuaib Quran 7:85-93, 11:84-95 absent in the Bible ?

We begin by asking who these names are referring to according to Islamic theology. Hud is taken to refer to Eber, while Shuaib refers to Jethro - and sure enough, both Eber and Jethro appear in the Bible (Eber - Genesis 11:17; and Jethro - Exodus 18:9). Both names of Eber and Jethro appear in the Bible several times besides the verses above; so your OP was just empty noise. grin

Now, if you're not convinced that Hud is Eber and Shuaib is Jethro, what if I point you to authentic sources that show the same thing? Please check any of the following:

*  Wikipedia (Hud = Eber)
          *  Hud (Arabic: هود‎) is the name of a prophet of Islam,
              the prophet known in the Old Testament as Eber - Wikipedia

*  Shoaib is traditionally identified by Muslims with Jethro,
              Moses' father-in-law according to the Hebrew Bible.
              [[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shu%27aib]Wikipedia[/url]]
         *   Encycopedia of Islam gives Shuaib as 'Jethro'
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by viaro: 12:01am On Jan 01, 2010
What About Dhul-Kifl?

Now, if you bothered to check the last reference I gave of Encycopedia of Islam, you will find that 'Dhul-Kifl' is not equated with anyone - not even Isaiah. There are various renderings of the two verses (Q. 21:85 and Q. 38:48) where that name appears, and these renderings include:

*  Dhu'l-Kifl  -   Pickthall, Hilali-Khan, Sher Ali, etc.
         *  Dhu'lkefl   -  Sale
         *  Zul-kifl     -   Yusuf Ali, Shakir,
         *  Zal-Kifl     -   Rashid Khalifa

But translators like Hilali-Khan are just being dubious to make 'Dhu'l-Kifl' the same as 'Isaiah'. Other Islamic sources either leave it blank because they are not sure to whom it refers; while others give 'Dhul Kifl' as EZEKIEL (see Wikipedia where a notable reason is give for this).

Sorry, Abu Zola. . you failed in this one again. You can't be quoting cheats like Hilali-Khan who just want to make you believe that DhulKifl is Isaiah. .  that is just not going to work magic here.

That being the case, where is ISAIAH in your quran? Choose any complete quran and lie again - we shall see how far you want to dribble in Isaiah into any line of the quran. Just try.

Any other lie before the year ends? Huh? grin

Anyhow, enjoy the few minutes before 2009 closes. . and Happy New Year 2010!
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by AbuZola3(m): 12:10am On Jan 01, 2010
Hahaha, nice one but is a sad one coz you fail, Hud and shua'ib were never israelite, to be more eloquent the two are brothers of the same clan that degenerated, one in yemen and the other in jordan. Lol, for your info never trust wiki coz they will make you down and humiliated. Cheers !
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by jcross22: 12:24am On Jan 01, 2010
WHO IS THIS ALLAH, LIKE I HAVE SAID ALLAH IS NOT ALMIGHTY GOD BUT A MOON god , FROM THESE NAMES WE WILL KNOW THE TRUE NATURE OF ALLAH
ISMAEL=ISMAIL
ABEL=HABIL
ELIAS/ELIJAH=IIYAS
GABRIEL=JIBRIL
MICHAEL=MIKAIL
THE WORD "EL" IS EQUAL TO THE WORD "IL" AS YOU CAN SEE THAT FROM THOSE WORDS WHICH SIMPLY MEAN GOD , THEN CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHY ALLAH IS NOT USED AS THE SUFFIX FORMATION OF SUCH NAMES IF ALLAH MEANS GOD IN HEBREW AS EL.
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by AbuZola3(m): 12:26am On Jan 01, 2010
Jcross, are you sure you are not the famous lucifer ? God have mercy
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by viaro: 12:39am On Jan 01, 2010
Abu Zola:

Hahaha, nice one but is a sad one coz you fail, Hud and shua'ib were never israelite, to be more eloquent the two are brothers of the same clan that degenerated, one in yemen and the other in jordan.

Please sir, where did viaro ever say that either Hud or Shua'ib were Israelites?? I'm sure you didn't even try to read through before replying. grin

Lol, for your info never trust wiki coz they will make you down and humiliated. Cheers !

I quoted Muslim sources from Wikipedia; but even if that does not persuade you, I could give you a number of Muslim sources. Play with these and deny them one and all - after you deny them, we can then conclude that no Muslim source will ever be trusted so we are not left embarrassed for your sake:

[list][li]'The Quran mentions only twenty five prophets by name while the Bible mentions about fifty. Most of the Quranic prophets can be identified with their Biblical counterparts: Yaqoob of the Quran is the Biblical Jacob, Haroon in the Quran is Aaron in the Bible, Shuaib of the Quran is the Biblical Jethro, and so on.'

source: the Muslim website known as Al-Islam[/li][/list]

[list][li]'In the Old Testament reference is made to a descendant of Noah named Eber.  In some traditions, he is called Heber, and known as the father of the Hebrew language.[1]  In Islam however he is known as Hud[2] and is one of four Arabic prophets, the others being, Saleh, Shuaib and Muhammad.'

source: a Muslim website known as 'The Religion of Islam'[/li][/list]

[list][li]'Hud (Arabic ) is a prophet of Islam. The eleventh sura of the Qur`an, Hud, is named after him. In the Bible he is known as Eber.'

source: a Muslim website known as Islam-Pakistan-Way[/li][/list]

Do I need to add more?

Cheers.
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by viaro: 12:47am On Jan 01, 2010
jcross22:

. . . THEN CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHY ALLAH IS NOT USED AS THE SUFFIX FORMATION OF SUCH NAMES IF ALLAH MEANS GOD IN HEBREW AS EL.

Actually, 'allah' is a contraction of two words: 'al' (ie., 'the') and 'il[/b]ah' or '[b]il[/b]aha' (ie., 'god'). It is understood that 'allah' is actually 'al-[b]il[/b]ah', and perhaps the answer for the suffix you seek is embedded in the '[b]il' of 'il[/b]ah' for such names like Jibr[b]il or Mika[b]il[/b].
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by jcross22: 12:59am On Jan 01, 2010
that it's lie viaro okay look at this words abdullah why not abduil.
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by Nobody: 1:45am On Jan 01, 2010
U guys should leave abuzola alone.Yestday 31st of december,he won d award for d most meaningless poster in d religion section&hes yet to celebrate d award with us.So let him celebrate before he throws a Suiside bomb at us in 2010.Am sure he would win d award again insha allah come 31st dec 2010(Amin). Lolrmaof
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by viaro: 2:33am On Jan 01, 2010
jcross22:

that it's lie viaro okay look at this words abdullah why not abduil.

Sometimes in arabic contractions the alif is dropped, as in the case of 'al-ilah' to yield 'allah'.

However, in Abd[i]ul[/i]lah, we should be careful not to mix them up, as this below points out -
Ullah is commonly the last part of some Islamic names and titles. It can be translated as "of Allah", "of God". It is the form assumed by "Allah" when in a genitive construction: for example, in old-type classical Arabic when the case ending vowels were still pronounced, "servant of God" would be "`abdu -llāhi", where the initial "a" of "Allah" has dropped by the hamzat al wasl rule[1], thus modern "Abdullah".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ullah
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by jcross22: 11:24am On Jan 01, 2010
the issue of allah and all that have raised a lots of concern on the islamic doctrines which remained familiar to pre-islamic campaign , remember the father of mohammad was a pagan ,, and he was named after a certain god name in kaba , abdullah. can you tell me if mohmmad was not a pagan.
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by jcross22: 11:26am On Jan 01, 2010
i mean mohammad's father
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by igboboy1(m): 12:26pm On Jan 01, 2010
prophet hud and shuaib?    who the hell are those?

ANyway the bible was before mohammed so it could be that those 2 prophets u mentioned were not even born in JESUS(the alpha and OmegA) TIME

ABUZOLA---I want to debate you like for real for real, lets go off based on the teachings of both religions holy books (AKA Bible and koran) and off what their most revered Masters did (AKA JESUS and MOHAMMED), this means no calling of kkk and white this and white that,,,,likewise i wont mention osama, hamas, boko haram and mutullab
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by viaro: 12:52pm On Jan 01, 2010
Happy New Year everybody.

jcross22:

the issue of allah and all that have raised a lots of concern on the islamic doctrines which remained familiar to pre-islamic campaign , remember the father of mohammad was a pagan ,, and he was named after a certain god name in kaba , abdullah. can you tell me if mohmmad was not a pagan.

Well, let us not dwell so much on whatever Muhammad and his predecessors were - that is not helpful. If truth be told, even Abraham was a pagan (Josh. 24:2) before being called by God (Isaiah 51:2) - and the same could be said about many of us before we came to believe in Christ. Please don't be upset about these things.
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by papagiddy(m): 3:17pm On Jan 01, 2010
why is Prophet T B Joshua not mention in the quran? oya talk!
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 01, 2010
Happy new year viaro,noetic,jcross & everyone else.Lets prepare ourselves to defend what we believe in.

@igbo boy lets meet on this thread "jesus&mohammed" read my posts from pages 2 to 4, then we continue from page 5
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by AbuZola3(m): 12:08am On Jan 02, 2010
@viaro- you are talking shiit, jithro and co were israelite and never in jordan or yemen, infact they were Prophet contrary to the saying of the bible, you can deny the truth but thank God your xtrian brethren are watching
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by AbuZola3(m): 12:11am On Jan 02, 2010
@igbo boy, be my guest
Re: Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible by viaro: 12:52am On Jan 02, 2010
Abu Zola:

@viaro- you are talking shiit, jithro and co were israelite and never in jordan or yemen, infact they were Prophet contrary to the saying of the bible, you can deny the truth but thank God your xtrian brethren are watching

Look at this funny Abuzo-lala. cheesy What is wrong with you? The one thing that our brethren are watching is your comedy, so please continue to chase your tails. The fact is that Jethro was not an Israelite - rather, he was a Midianite (see Exodus 18:1).

Besides, are you saying that your Muslim brethren from those muslim websites are lying for saying that Shuaib of the Quran is the Biblical Jethro? If that is so, tell me Abuzo-lala: why would Muslim websites like to decieve other Muslims on that matter?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Entering A Terrible Convenant With Satan By Singing Dorobucci / . / Why Must We Look Unto Jesus Alone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.