Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,763 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (9149 Views)

Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? / Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor (pfn) Where In Your Bible Are You Told You Can Judge? / Show Me The Autheticity Of Your Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by quivah(f): 9:19pm On Sep 13, 2013

2 Likes

Re: . by ebidels(m): 9:40pm On Sep 13, 2013
My dear, the ways of God are not the ways of man.
God does not think or reason or judge as a man, and a man (you) can never have the capacity to think like God, and that's because you can't see or know as much as HE does.
So never try to use human logic to explain God, it leads to error.
God does things or instruct HIS follower to do things for a reason, based on what HE knows or sees, which we as man don't have access to.

3 Likes

Re: . by quivah(f): 10:21pm On Sep 13, 2013
then hell was not created for satan..afterall.
I can't imagine someone telling me not to do somethings but he can cause hes higher??
Rubbish!!
He's no different from naija politicians!
Theres nothing logical here...its glaring in your holy novel

2 Likes

Re: . by RayMcBlue(m): 10:37pm On Sep 13, 2013
Sometimes, I wonder why Christians based their faith on a book that is very inconsistent, a book that condemns unbelievers, a book that supports slavely, a book that upholds mistreatment of women, a book that supports racism and bigotry, a book that believes that the earth is flat and the centre of the universe, a book that supports incest, a book that supports jungle justice, etc.

The holy bible is anything but holy, it's nothing but a Jewish book that encourages ignorance and blind faith. It contradicts reality and science. It's the foundation in which the state of mental slavery known as Christianity took root.

The holy bible is devious and amoral. It offers redemption that is not there, it proclaims love that is superficial, only the weak willed is seduced, but the wise knows the truth.

Say NO to the bible, Say NO to Religion

3 Likes

Re: . by quivah(f): 10:44pm On Sep 13, 2013
^^
I pray hope they listen!!!!!!
Re: . by otokpamike(m): 10:58pm On Sep 13, 2013
look that thing you are high on is not good for you,pls try and change it.
Re: . by quivah(f): 5:52am On Sep 14, 2013
otokpamike: look that thing you are high on is not good for you,pls try and change it.
its better than what you'r addicted to .
Re: . by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 14, 2013
@op,are u an atheist?

I would have love to answer you,but I don't like arguing with someone who is devoid of knowledge...Shalom

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 14, 2013
Ray McBlue: Sometimes, I wonder why Christians based their faith on a book that is very inconsistent, a book that condemns unbelievers, a book that supports slavely, a book that upholds mistreatment of women, a book that supports racism and bigotry, a book that believes that the earth is flat and the centre of the universe, a book that supports incest, a book that supports jungle justice, etc.

The holy bible is anything but holy, it's nothing but a Jewish book that encourages ignorance and blind faith. It contradicts reality and science. It's the foundation in which the state of mental slavery known as Christianity took root.

The holy bible is devious and amoral. It offers redemption that is not there, it proclaims love that is superficial, only the weak willed is seduced, but the wise knows the truth.

Say NO to the bible, Say NO to Religion

The word of the cross is Folly to them who are perishing,but to us who are being saved it is the power of God....1st Corinthians 1:18
The Bible is not just a Book,it is filled with power and authority,filled with life and blessings,filled with knowledge and wisdom...If you don't believe in the scriptures sir,you are Doomed already#no offence
But,Jesus loves you,Come to him and you shall have understanding

3 Likes

Re: . by RayMcBlue(m): 7:39am On Sep 14, 2013
Taylor184: The word of the cross is Folly to them who are perishing,but to us who are being saved it is the power of God....1st Corinthians 1:18
The Bible is not just a Book,it is filled with power and authority,filled with life and blessings,filled with knowledge and wisdom...If you don't believe in the scriptures sir,you are Doomed already#no offence
But,Jesus loves you,Come to him and you shall have understanding

There are no pacts between Lions and men. Emancipate yourself from mental slavery and be truly free. #NoOffense.

Don't allow the oracle to dictate your destiny for you. You make your own destiny, you set your own fate.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 14, 2013
Ray McBlue:

There are no pacts between Lions and men. Emancipate yourself from mental slavery and be truly free. #NoOffense.

Don't allow the oracle to dictate your destiny for you. You make your own destiny, you set your own fate.
alright sir...But sir,is it that you don't believe in the existence of a Supernatural being?Or you just don't believe in the Bible
Re: . by RayMcBlue(m): 9:05am On Sep 14, 2013
Taylor184: alright sir...But sir,is it that you don't believe in the existence of a Supernatural being?Or you just don't believe in the Bible

I believe that there are limitless possibilities, as far as they had been proven or within the range of human comprehension (I'm not that close-minded), but I refuse to believe in the concept of a higher power(s) (Out of sight, out of mind, so to speak).

So the answer to your question is NO, I don't believe in god or gods. I believe that man created the concept of god(s) solely to satisfy a need, nothing more.
Re: . by quivah(f): 10:06am On Sep 14, 2013
Taylor184: @op,are u an atheist?

I would have love to answer you,but I don't like arguing with someone who is devoid of knowledge...Shalom
Taylor Taylor!!!
I like you sha,see the style you use to dodge..
I dint ask any questions tho,,i just pasted what I saw online .i should have added the link sef!..
Re: . by Mintayo(m): 11:15am On Sep 14, 2013
quivah:
Taylor Taylor!!!
I like you sha,see the style you use to dodge..
I dint ask any questions tho,,i just wrote out my observationssmiley
On a second thought,please i wont argue! Jist prove to me, those up there are lies..
my lady,i am interested in the question he asked,are you an athiest or ?
Re: . by Mintayo(m): 11:23am On Sep 14, 2013
Ray McBlue:

I believe that there are limitless possibilities, as far as they had been proven or within the range of human comprehension (I'm not that close-minded), but I refuse to believe in the concept of a higher power(s) (Out of sight, out of mind, so to speak)[].

So the answer to your question is NO, I don't believe in god or gods. I believe that man created the concept of god(s) solely to satisfy a need, nothing more.
i can't remember the number of times i read this your post, and eventually the bolded got me thinking and proved that my earlier observation abt athiest was right.
God actually exists,but looking at the word"I" ,you(athiest) just refused to believe,that is you know that God exists deep inside of you,but you just 'refused' or better put 'choose' to believe that He doesnt exists.
One word=PRIDE. (no offense)

2 Likes

Re: . by quivah(f): 11:36am On Sep 14, 2013
Mintayo:
my lady,i am interested in the question he asked,are you an athiest or ?
my posts should give you the answer already...i'm an Agnostic, now that have answered the question,..will be waiting for your defensive post on the issue up there..I promise I wont argue.. smiley. ..
Mintayo:
i can't remember the number of times i read this your post, and eventually the bolded got me thinking and proved that my earlier observation abt athiest was right.
God actually exists,but looking at the word"I" ,you(athiest) just refused to believe,that is you know that God exists deep inside of you,but you just 'refused' or better put 'choose' to believe that He doesnt exists.

Woow! Really?
god exists?! Bring him out from where you'v been hiding him and show me.
If truly that god in the bible exists,prove!..
Don't drop some bible verses here,I want a eye-see prove..
Re: . by RayMcBlue(m): 11:43am On Sep 14, 2013
Mintayo:

To reach a certain point of decision, there is always a reason. To become an atheist, there is a reason, a reason that questions the existence of a supernatural being that couldn't be seen or proved.

When a lightening strikes, you see it, you even know what caused it, so thus lightening can be proved. When a breeze blows, you feel the touch even though it's invisible to the naked eyes. Not believing in all this scientifically proven and physical manifestation of nature could only be construed as foolhardy or pride or just plain foolishness.

Your god on the other hand is not only invisible but doesn't manifest in anyway, so then how could you accuse me of being too proud of admitting that I believed in something that wasn't really there to begin with? Something that is only based on faith and sentiments, and not logic?

How does that make sense?
Re: . by Mintayo(m): 11:58am On Sep 14, 2013
quivah:
my posts should give you the answer already...i'm an Agnostic, now that have answered the question,..will be waiting for your defensive post on the issue up there..I promise I wont argue.. smiley. ..

Woow! Really?
god exists?! Bring him out from where you'v been hiding him and show me.
If truly that god in the bible exists,prove!..
Don't drop some bible verses here,I want a eye-see prove..
do u believe in th Bible? I can easily explain the above to you,but since you dnt believe in God and d Bible,then it won't change anything,no? Or will it change your believe?
You want me to prove to you that God exists by showing you God?
I remembered an answer someone gave to this ur above question.
But before then...
All the things you have around you,things you see,things you can't really explain... Or can you explain them?
For ever since the world was created,people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities-His eternal power snd divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing/believing God. Romans 1:20-21.
Re: . by Mintayo(m): 12:00pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ray McBlue:

To reach a certain point of decision, there is always a reason. To become an atheist, there is a reason, a reason that questions the existence of a supernatural being that couldn't be seen or proved.

When a lightening strikes, you see it, you even know what caused it, so thus lightening can be proved. When a breeze blows, you feel the touch even though it's invisible to the naked eyes. Not believing in all this scientifically proven and physical manifestation of nature could only be construed as foolhardy or pride or just plain foolishness.

Your god on the other hand is not only invisible but doesn't manifest in anyway, so then how could you accuse me of being too proud of admitting that I believed in something that wasn't really there to begin with? Something that is only based on faith and sentiments, and not logic?

How does that make sense?

So you are saying that you don't believe in God because you can't see him?
Re: . by RayMcBlue(m): 12:05pm On Sep 14, 2013
Don't forget Manifestation!

Wasn't that the whole point of atheism in the first place?

Just show me god and tell him to make me me taller, and I will revert to Christianity in a micro-second.
Re: . by Mintayo(m): 12:11pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ray McBlue: Wasn't that the whole point of atheism in the first place.

Just show me god and tell him to make me me taller, and I will revert to Christianity in a micro-second.
i think it still bowl down to PRIDE.
Now let me ask:
1. If God show himself to you,will you still believe Him?
2. What will you lose by believing in God or that He exists.
(i wld love quivah to answer the above too,sincerely)
Re: . by quivah(f): 12:17pm On Sep 14, 2013
Mintayo:
do u believe in th Bible? I can easily explain the
abov to you,but since you dnt believe in God and d Bible,then it won't change anything,no? Or will it change your believe?
#sighs...
If you can easily explain the above,then please do..who knows,you might convert a person!!
Or maybe,you just don't have any...
There ain't any justifiable explaination you can make to the above.

Mintayo:
You want me to prove to you that God exists by showing you God?
I know you cant cause hes nowhere!

Mintayo: i remembered an answer someone gave to this ur above question.
I don't remember,could you rephrase in your own words?
Mintayo:
But before then...
All the things you have around you,things you see,things you can't really explain... Or can you explain them?
I can explain them... can you?? Without bringing out your "in the beginning,God created blah blah" verse.can you?
Mintayo:
For ever since the world was created,people have seen the earth and sky.through everything God made.
can you prove this without referring to your bible?,
Mintayo:
They can clearly see his invisible qualities-His eternal power snd divine nature
what qualities? Like the one up there? A murderer?rapist? And invisible qualities? Can you see an INVISIBLE quality..can you know what i'm thinking right now?..what invisible qualities?or they just assumed hes god,so he should posses these unseen qualities: truthful,holiness,peaceful,kind,caring and blah blah... yeahhh!! Its all just an assumption.
How did earth cane to be,the universe entirely humans,animals.. how?
Maybe there's someone who did it..but we can't see him,let just assume he lives up there and call it heaven..
Mintayo: so they have no excuse for not knowing/believing God. Romans 1:20-21.
woow! How were they able to believe a being with invisible qualities?
Oh yeah! They believed and act like him,they killed like him,molest like he instructed and are dammed to hell for doing all these..
Coool! One question: have you met god?.. as others put it
Re: . by RayMcBlue(m): 12:18pm On Sep 14, 2013
Mintayo:
i think it still bowl down to PRIDE.
Now let me ask:
2. What will you lose by believing in God or that He exists.
(i wld love quivah to answer the above too,sincerely)

All your questions are irrelevant. I made a mistake of rising to the bait at first but it won't happen again, believe me.

Just prove to me that your god exists and then we can continue from there.

Ever heard of this saying? "Don't count your chicks before they're hatched"
Re: . by Mintayo(m): 12:23pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ray McBlue:

All your questions are irrelevant. I made a mistake of rising to the bait at first but it won't happen again, believe me.

Just prove to me that your god exists and then we can continue from there.

Ever heard of this saying? "Don't count your chicks before they're hatched"

please don't take it to hard.
You said i should show you God or perhaps God should be seen by you,hence the question 1.
Okay,lets do away with question 2 for now,can you answer question 1,afterall is that not what you want?
Re: . by RayMcBlue(m): 12:38pm On Sep 14, 2013
Mintayo:

please don't take it to hard.
You said i should show you God or perhaps God should be seen by you,hence the question 1.
Okay,lets do away with question 2 for now,can you answer question 1,afterall is that not what you want?

You are still missing the point. I don't believe in assumption and that's the very foundation in which your questions were based, hence it's irrelevancy.
Re: . by quivah(f): 12:48pm On Sep 14, 2013
Mintayo:
i think it stil bowl down to PRIDE.
Now let me ask:
if I tell you I saw your omnipotent god physically,would you believe?
And what kinda show do you mean: physical ? Spiritual ? If its the former I wont!its written in your bible no one can see god's face(which shows how much he doesn't exist),so that would be going against the bible and showing more to me how god is a liar!!
If later,I wont!.. there is nothing spiritual..
Expect if you mean the "mindset/conscience"

Mintayo: 2. What will you lose by believing in God or that He exists.
what have you gained by believing he exists?.
I wont lose anything and i wont gain anything.
What have you gained? Heaven?
If at the end there's a god but;
Do you still lie or,steal,or cheat, or drink alcohol? but believe in god?
Sorry bro,that wont take you To heaven..so you'd end up just like us!
So what have you gained?
If at the end,there ain't no god;
What have you gained?

christianity has always been about faith,,...
Man: i'm in need of a job
Pastor: pray to god in deep faith
2months later..
Man kept praying,fasting in good faith,still No job
1year later
Same thing..
A year and 2months
Man: have been given a job
Pastor; praise thy lord
Man: but it was my uncle who helped me in finding the job
Pastor: its the lord's doinga
Man thinks within: lord doings indeed...so the lord is such a wicked being,made me suffer for long over what others who dint even worship him as i did got in few months..
There is nothing faith here,it was Man's work and uncle's help not god!!
If ye have faith like mustard seed..blah blah

Shey Man faith never pass that seed?/?!

Mintayo: (I wld love quivah to answer the above too,sincerely)
and she gladly didsmiley..!
Re: . by quivah(f): 12:49pm On Sep 14, 2013
double post.
Re: . by Mintayo(m): 1:06pm On Sep 14, 2013
quivah:
#sighs...

There ain't any justifiable explaination you can make to the above.
You see what I am saying,no 'justifiable explaination',so if i actually explain them to,you can't be convinced,no?

I know you cant cause hes nowhere!
These are your own words dear,God is everywhere,He exists.
He is omnipresent.

I don't remember,could you rephrase in your own words?
do you have a brain?(no offence).
Have you seen your brain before?

I can explain them... can you?? Without bringing out your "in the beginning,God created blah blah" verse.can you?
it is 'i believe in God' vs 'i don't believ in God'.

can you prove this without referring to your bible?,

prove what,the Bible gave a perfect explanation of the world creation. Afterall,your above question is from the Bible.

what qualities? Like the one up there? A murderer?rapist? And invisible qualities? Can you see an INVISIBLE quality..can you know what i'm thinking right now?..what invisible qualities?
His power and divine qualities...God is God,He is not all what you wrote above.

or they just assumed hes god,so he should posses these unseen qualities: truthful,holiness,peaceful,kind,caring and blah blah... yeahhh!! Its all just an assumption.
How did earth cane to be,the universe entirely humans,animals.. how?
Maybe there's someone who did it..but we can't see him,let just assume he lives up there and call it heaven...
pls,you people are talking about seeing God,nobody is assuming,it is athiest and agnostics that are assuming!
if you see Him,will you believe Him?

Coool! One question: have you met god?.. as others put it
i will prefer the word,encounter.
Re: . by Mintayo(m): 1:11pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ray McBlue:

You are still missing the point. I don't believe in assumption and that's the very foundation in which your questions were based, hence it's irrelevancy.

me: God exists.
Ray: He doesn't.
Me: He does.
Ray: prove it.until I see him.
Me: ok,but If you see Him will you believe?
Ray: what are you saying? I don't believe in assumption!
Sighs#
Re: . by RayMcBlue(m): 1:13pm On Sep 14, 2013
Mintayo:
me: God exists.
Ray: He doesn't.
Me: He does.
Ray: prove it.until I see him.
Me: ok,but If you see Him will you believe?
Ray: what are you saying? I don't believe in assumption!
Sighs#

#Exactly. wink
Re: . by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 14, 2013
Quivah ff back jere wanna ask you some questions thanks....Expecting your reply.
Re: . by quivah(f): 1:38pm On Sep 14, 2013
Mintayo:
You see what I am saying,no 'justifiable explaination',so if i actually explain the to,you can't be convinced,no?
and because of this,you still won't defend it

Mintayo: These are your own words dear,God is everywhere,He exists.
He is omnipresent.
everywhere?!! Why can't I see him around? Enh!!

Mintayo: do you have a brain?(no offence).
Have you seen your brain before?
yes !!
And no,but have seen about two different people's brain real real!.. hmm?? Any other question?

Mintayo: it is 'i believe in God' vs 'i don't believ in God'.
I dint dispute!

Mintayo: prove what,the Bible gave a perfect explanation of the world creation. Afterall,your above question is from the Bible.
what are you saying?? Just prove na..
Yeah! Its from the bible but i'm telling ya toprove god created all these...or don't you have any aside whats being written down?

Mintayo: His power and divine qualities...God is God,He is not all what you wrote above.
those are his invisible qualities?since they ate invisible,how did you know his powerful and divine?? Cause its in your bible?
And you mean hes not all I wrote up there?.. ok! I get,you bible lied against him..he actually dint sent moses,joshua to do what they did!

Mintayo: pls,you people are talking about seeing God,nobody is assuming,it is athiest and agnostics that are assuming!
if you see Him,will you believe Him?
no! We ain't assuming..we know he ain't real..its you!!

Mintayo: i will prefer the word,encounter.
have you had an encounter? He spoke to you?showed you signs? Or you are just being driven by faith? Explain and tell us your encounter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Must We Look Unto Jesus Alone? / The Egg (read This With An Open Mind) / BIBLE Quiz:(think Twice Before Answering)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.