Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,150 members, 7,849,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:48 AM

How To Be Brave - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Be Brave (475 Views)

Which MSM Will Be Brave To Tell Nigerians This Is Jubril? / Pictures Buharis Campaign In Katsina As People Brave The Sun To Wait For Him / Brave Soldier Killed By Boko Haram During Operation In A Forest In Borno. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Be Brave by crown380(m): 6:11am On Apr 15, 2017
How to be brave - know full value of doing right things.
Published on May 31, 2017 | Featured in: What Inspires Me
Doing what is right sometimes is fraught with difficulties.
Sometimes, it is hard.
Sometimes, it displeases some people.
Sometimes, you have to go against the grain.
The 3rd commandment of leadership says "Be Brave" as explained in this other article.
Long time ago, one of our best developers got in real trouble with the CEO of the company I worked in. The developer said something truthful at the all-hands meeting which nonetheless made the CEO really angry.
The employee was in danger of getting fired.
My manager put up a defense for him.
Someone told my manager, "Why are you defending your developer, he is a liability to you".
In the end, the manager saved the employee from getting fired, though at expense of a his own relationship with the CEO.
Years later, I bumped into the manager and told him how inspirational his bravery was to me.
He said - this was not bravery, in fact, he said, he was scared of losing his own job.
But he added - he overcame his fears to do what is right. He said:
"Bravery happens when we know the real value of doing right things, and the full price of doing wrong ones".
He said that if he did not defend the employee, he would not be able to look himself in the mirror.
By Oleg Vishnepolsky.

1 Share

Re: How To Be Brave by Nobody: 6:16am On Apr 15, 2017
Gaskiya, I no reason all. E too long.
OP, summarise wetin Fashola do yhu in 5 sentences. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Be Brave by Nobody: 6:16am On Apr 15, 2017
Lolzz, unfortunately here is not Yankee,

Sorry sir
Re: How To Be Brave by bqlekan(m): 6:29am On Apr 15, 2017
Reading through your post, it was one sided and incoherent. If truly it was the minister's effort deterring you from progressing in life, why would he do that? Why would he meddle in the affairs of an ordinary citizen, all because he choosed not to work for a particular organization?
You have no concrete evidence the minister is behind this. Do you know you can be sued for libel?
Don't compound your problems, trace back your steps.

1 Like

Re: How To Be Brave by Jabioro: 6:50am On Apr 15, 2017
Your provided evidences as per what I read can not be prove.. Go for more spiritual.. Not HOD and Fashiola, your villages people are at work.. you are acting strangely. period

(1) (Reply)

Have You Been Paid For Whistle Blowing? / FG Releases Statement On Tragic Death Of Football Fans In Calabar / Sen.Ita Giwa, Eyeing Cross River Governors Seat 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.