Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. (13739 Views)

Onitsha Catholic Diocese Sanctions Two Priests For Disobedience / Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo / Ogoja Catholic Diocese Welcomes Their New Bishop (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by FX(m): 9:47am On Apr 15, 2017
Good move. The day churches will start investing money in people, that is the day I will change my mind about churches. For now they are enriching themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by Destined2win: 9:48am On Apr 15, 2017
smiley
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 15, 2017
Great job.

1 Like

Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 15, 2017
Quite commendable.

1 Like

Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by Micah360(m): 9:50am On Apr 15, 2017
realestniggah:
Pentecostal pastor won't do this rather they will spend their money on Stephanie otobo and her like

Dats not fair

2 Likes

Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by Rich4god(m): 9:53am On Apr 15, 2017
akaahs:
Just as we about to put smile to d hopeless nd d needy through d contribution of the faithful. Pls donate to d poor among u. St. Vincent De Paul.... Pray for us
Wch conference/central council....
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by fesup: 9:54am On Apr 15, 2017
Last Words

Friday, April 14, 2017
"Father, forgive them; for they do not know what
they are doing."
Luke 23:34 NASB

On this special Friday, believers throughout the world pause to consider the death of Jesus. This was called "good" because of all Jesus endured. What it meant.

A church in Cádiz, Spain, developed a special tradition for each "Good Friday." The cathedral was draped in black cloth, with the only light emanating from a large lamp hanging in the cathedral's center. Parishioners entered, sitting in silence, their thoughts shaped by the solemn darkness.

At noon, all doors were closed. Then, the bishop ascended the pulpit, speaking the first words Jesus spoke from the cross. After brief comments, he descended from the pulpit and fell on his knees before the altar.

The process was repeated seven times, challenging the congregation to ponder each series of words. To worship Jesus. To fall at His feet in their hearts.

In 1785, knowing that music was crucial for this service, church leaders asked Franz Joseph Haydn, then the world's leading composer, to write some special music. His work, "The Seven Last Words of Our Savior on the Cross," debuted in that church on Good Friday, 1787.

This extraordinary composition became part of the repertoire of many groups throughout the world. In response to the demand, Haydn developed four separate versions.

Yet, when just playing the notes, one elite group of musicians sensed that, in their performances, something was missing. Everything seemed too formal. So cold.

But everything changed when Jesus' words were spoken aloud during the performance. These words made the experience "transforming." It was so overwhelming that one musician admitted, "I could barely read the music for the tears in my eyes."

The words Jesus spoke that day are powerful. Pointing us to the deeper meaning. Today, pause to think about all that Jesus said and did, when He died on that cross, for you.
Today's Inspiring Prayer
Dear Lord Jesus, thank You for dying on the cross for me. Thank You that I can be forgiven of all my sins. Help me to share this Good News with others. In Your name. Amen. Thanks. From FESCO.

Further Reading: Luke 23

Be a life changer!

1 Like

Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by kceewhyte(m): 9:56am On Apr 15, 2017
forgive me Father embarassed

1 Like

Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by zionmade(m): 10:00am On Apr 15, 2017
Judolisco:
Nice one other Christian denominations should follow also
Must u add denomination to dis. Wat is wrong with Catholics for God's sake.
Christians did dis so all christians shud emulate d good works, must u start blabbing denomination?
Catholics will never do half of wat churches like SCOAN, LIVING FAITH AND Christ Embassy does and yet they are double in number compared to these churches.
I hate it wen denominations are addressed instead of Christianity in totality and Catholics do this Rubbish most times

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by Promise1991: 10:01am On Apr 15, 2017
Nice one,this is exactly what christ is followers to do, be a good example in love,charity, n helping the needy...
God continue to oint u sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by seguno2: 10:07am On Apr 15, 2017
This is what Christianity or any other religion should be about.
Not all those jet-riders who cannot build subsidised primary schools.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 15, 2017
Ihateafonja:
grin
na Muslim do am, abi mucous dey ur eye grin
Tarh

Christian pastors grin grin
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by ElsonMorali: 10:19am On Apr 15, 2017
kceewhyte:
forgive me Father embarassed

You are forgiven child. Go and sin no more.

Wait first, wetin be your crime sef Maybe you should be flogged before you are set free... angry
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by kizyalex10(m): 10:22am On Apr 15, 2017
lonikit:
I am not a member of catholic chrch but i have lived and work with them. all I can say is that their hospitality is next to none. I used to be against them before but now I am so convinced. God bless HIS churxh
catholic and proud.am proud to be a catholic.not success campaigning churches.
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by Goodnuel: 10:27am On Apr 15, 2017
ElsonMorali:

You are forgiven child. Go and sin no more.

Wait first, wetin be your crime sef Maybe you should be flogged before you are set free... angry
grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by Smooyis(m): 10:32am On Apr 15, 2017
Kudos. This is the essence of the easter celebration. Freedom to those in bondage grin
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by Jabioro: 10:33am On Apr 15, 2017
This would live a remarkable and undeleted in memory for life.. where is our other people can they borrowed a leaf from this singular act...
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by Abimloaded(m): 10:39am On Apr 15, 2017
MadManTalking:
Catholic is still the only church that is still as of old.
Anglican inclusive... And some Orthodox churches
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by precious1967(m): 10:39am On Apr 15, 2017
our politicianthiefs shld emulate ds good example & set ds type of pple free from meagre fines.
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by Mosopzy22(m): 10:43am On Apr 15, 2017
This is what we want to see everyday
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by Lancelott(m): 10:55am On Apr 15, 2017
zionmade:

Christians did dis so all christians shud emulate d good works, must u start blabbing denomination?
Catholics will never do half of wat churches like SCOAN, LIVING FAITH AND Christ Embassy does and yet they are double in number compared to these churches.
I hate it wen denominations are addressed instead of Christianity in totality and Catholics do this Rubbish most times
don't let me insult you... when una dey call us idolaters you no talk...if you want to talk, please stop and think. What have the churches done that we have not done x10?? all Catholics were asked to skip a meal daily and save the money equivalent during this 40 days Lenten period and the money was given to the poor at the end of the 40th day. what did your church do??

2 Likes

Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by Omoluabi16(m): 11:12am On Apr 15, 2017
God bless them. Jesus loves us helping the needy.
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by luvmijeje(f): 11:15am On Apr 15, 2017
Beautiful. I know most churches do it but we don't loud it. I think it's high time we start louding it to counter the evil report being broadcast from the church by the world.
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by olowobaba10: 11:17am On Apr 15, 2017
YES , THAT'S WHAT REAL CHRISTIANITY SHOULD BE ABOUT .

Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 15, 2017
zionmade:

Catholics will never do half of wat churches like SCOAN, LIVING FAITH AND Christ Embassy
With dis statement i can pay for u rehab .

3 Likes

Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by TeamSimple(m): 11:24am On Apr 15, 2017
Hypocrites.. If it were a northern elder that went to do same, some idiotas nairaland Christians will say he went to free criminals.

Awon alabosi, Omo jati jati
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by AuroraB(f): 11:31am On Apr 15, 2017
Apostu isi agbo ncha fulfills his fantasies with church money. Of all the challenges his members are facing, he sent millions of naira to Canada to 'assist' omo Elle shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
The road around his church na apology ooooo
Onye uchu , ohuru nwanyi gbuo okuko undecided

1 Like

Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by zionmade(m): 11:49am On Apr 15, 2017
Oreoo:
With dis statement i can pay for u rehab .
Save ur money.
Do a little research of wat Catholics do in dis nation. Moreover dat was not even my main point
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by zionmade(m): 11:53am On Apr 15, 2017
Lancelott:
don't let me insult you... when una dey call us idolaters you no talk...if you want to talk, please stop and think. What have the churches done that we have not done x10?? all Catholics were asked to skip a meal daily and save the money equivalent during this 40 days Lenten period and the money was given to the poor at the end of the 40th day. what did your church do??
Lol only? U have not gone to Church were people empty their entire house just to support scholarships, rehabilitations, etc. U just skipped a meal for 40days and u are shouting. My first laptop was drop people on d altar for dat sake of d gospel.
Are u an idolator or a Christian? If u are a Christian den u owe nothing to people who call u idolators.
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by Judolisco(m): 11:54am On Apr 15, 2017
zionmade:

did you see anywhere in my post that am a Catholic I know catholics for one thing and Dat is giving and dats wat I like about them God bless.... I believe all Christians should have one mission also acts 1:8

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell / An Exposition On My Astral Projections In Response To Seun's Colloquialism / “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.