Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,452 members, 7,954,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:03 AM

Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. (13832 Views)

Onitsha Catholic Diocese Sanctions Two Priests For Disobedience / Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo / Ogoja Catholic Diocese Welcomes Their New Bishop (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by orizucj(m): 11:59am On Apr 15, 2017
akaahs:
Just as we about to put smile to d hopeless nd d needy through d contribution of the faithful. Pls donate to d poor among u. St. Vincent De Paul.... Pray for us

I am a Vincentian too.. ✊
We still carry out the work of blessed fedrick Ozanam.
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by zionmade(m): 12:00pm On Apr 15, 2017
Judolisco:
did you see anywhere in my post that am a Catholic I know catholics for one thing and Dat is giving and dats wat I like about them God bless.... I believe all Christians should have one mission also acts 1:8
Giving is not about church or denominations. U havnt visited other churches to know how they also give. So wen a group of Christians do something good refer to dem as christians, u must not call denominations. For Christ's sake different people were annointed for different offices but there is no Division in d body of Christ
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by naptu2: 12:02pm On Apr 15, 2017
zionmade:

Giving is not about church or denominations. U havnt visited other churches to know how they also give. So wen a group of Christians do something good refer to dem as christians, u must not call denominations. For Christ's sake different people were annointed for different offices but there is no Division in d body of Christ

Why are you guys turning this into some kind of competition? What's the point of this meaningless argument?

How can people turn this kind of thread into another Nairaland us against them thread?

Why are you guys trying to turn this into another Nairaland fight thread?
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by naptu2: 12:13pm On Apr 15, 2017
zionmade:

Somethings have to be corrrected. We should rejoice wen a Christian does something good as christians we are and not shouting denominations as if there is any division in d body of Christ. Catholics are always fond of dis Rubbish

But you are not rejoicing at all. You are fighting. Is that Christ-like behaviour? So what if he or she mentions his denomination? Does that have to degenerate into competition? Are you doing whatever charity work you are doing in order to get the applause of people? What is the point of the competition and insulting each other's churches? Is that what Christ wants from you?
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by Tonero231: 12:18pm On Apr 15, 2017
Nice one.. .This is better than building magnificent structures. The poor masses are the church not the building
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by zionmade(m): 12:23pm On Apr 15, 2017
naptu2:

But you are not rejoicing at all. You are fighting. Is that Christ-like behaviour? So what if he or she mentions his denomination? Does that have to degenerate into competition? Are you doing whatever charity work you are doing in order to get the applause of people? What is the point of the competition and insulting each other's churches? Is that what Christ wants from you?
Am here because am happy for what christians are doing. I didn't insult catholic apart from my response to one randy human being like dat.
Wen u hear a news of bad things happen to pastors or christians of other denominations u will find Catholics everywhere ranting thank God am a catholic bla bla bla
They forget david's reaction to Saul's death. He told dem to mourn and never let d daughters of philistines hear about it lest they rejoice. We are Christians not Catholics not anglicans not JW not Redeemed.
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by naptu2: 12:30pm On Apr 15, 2017
zionmade:

Am here because am happy for what christians are doing. I didn't insult catholic apart from my response to one randy human being like dat.
Wen u hear a news of bad things happen to pastors or christians of other denominations u will find Catholics everywhere ranting thank God am a catholic bla bla bla
They forget david's reaction to Saul's death. He told dem to mourn and never let d daughters of philistines hear about it lest they rejoice. We are Christians not Catholics not anglicans not JW not Redeemed.

@ the portion in bold type. So you admit that you did the exact same thing that you are condemning? If someone does something wrong, the best thing to do is to correct the person with love, not to join the person in doing the wrong thing.

If some catholics have done what is wrong, then the best thing is to correct them with love, not to look for an opportunity to do the same thing that they are doing.

You've complained that some catholics boast, "Thank God I'm a catholic" when something bad happens in other denominations, but you've just done the same thing as them by boasting about how you got your laptop and boasting about the charity work that SCOAN and Christ Embassy do and you've just referred to, "homosexual reverend fathers". So what makes you different from them?
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by akaahs(m): 12:49pm On Apr 15, 2017
orizucj:

I am a Vincentian too.. ✊
We still carry out the work of blessed fedrick Ozanam.
great, St. Vincent De Paul

1 Like

Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by akaahs(m): 12:50pm On Apr 15, 2017
Rich4god:
Wch conference/central council....
asokoro, Abj
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by Mrbigman1(m): 12:59pm On Apr 15, 2017
NubiLove:
And they would go out and commit the crimes again. angry

People being freed are not crimals. We always meet the wardens and they tell us those who just need small fines to be free, dose who re wrongly accused, the criminals who have being sober in the cell.
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by zionmade(m): 1:04pm On Apr 15, 2017
naptu2:

@ the portion in bold type. So you admit that you did the exact same thing that you are condemning? If someone does something wrong, the best thing to do is to correct the person with love, not to join the person in doing the wrong thing.

If some catholics have done what is wrong, then the best thing is to correct them with love, not to look for an opportunity to do the same thing that they are doing.

You've complained that some catholics boast, "Thank God I'm a catholic" when something bad happens in other denominations, but you've just done the same thing as them by boasting about how you got your laptop and boasting about the charity work that SCOAN and Christ Embassy do and you've just referred to, "homosexual reverend fathers". So what makes you different from them?
I was pointing out to dat guy dat there is also something bad about catholics. So d fact dat something bad is reported about some churches doesnt make members of those other churches less christians.
And dat statement i made is 100% correct. Some reverend fathers are homosexuals, d others are practices from Catholics dat other christians detest. U didnt quote d guy i referred to because u acting like a judge thinks he is correct. Moreover if we dnt blow trumpet on wat God does thru us people would not be motivated to also become tools in God's hands.
If u re a catholic just talk to ur people and stay off my mention mr judge
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by adetayo234: 1:14pm On Apr 15, 2017
Ihateafonja:
grin
na Muslim do am, abi mucous dey ur eye grin

Many pentecostals think they are better Christians than Catholics. On fact many don't see Catholics as Christians
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by naptu2: 1:15pm On Apr 15, 2017
zionmade:

I was pointing out to dat guy dat there is also something bad about catholics. So d fact dat something bad is reported about some churches doesnt make members of those other churches less christians.
And dat statement i made is 100% correct. Some reverend fathers are homosexuals, d others are practices from Catholics dat other christians detest. U didnt quote d guy i referred to because u acting like a judge thinks he is correct. Moreover if we dnt blow trumpet on wat God does thru us people would not be motivated to also become tools in God's hands.
If u re a catholic just talk to ur people and stay off my mention mr judge

I created this thread and I don't tolerate people breaking the rules on my threads, so be aware that I will report you to the mods if you derail my thread or insult anyone on my thread.

I didn't create this thread so that it will be another Nairaland battleground.

2 Likes

Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 15, 2017
This is how a church should be
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by chi4ik(m): 1:27pm On Apr 15, 2017
I'm a catholic and I didn't create any church & I found myself been a catholic. been a catholic or not or other religion doesn't matter, what matters is doing what God want you to do which is loving your neighbor as yourself. no catholic in heaven neither will u enter heaven because u are a Christian or Muslim, God will judge u by ur deeds. if you like keep on fighting yourselves and don't focus on your spiritual lives........ THE PROBLEM OF AFRICA IS RELIGION and POLITICS
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by Didov(f): 2:10pm On Apr 15, 2017
Forever catholic
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by Didov(f): 2:38pm On Apr 15, 2017
zionmade:

....well, some pple dnt tak catholics as christians..n yh we are one in the body of christ,mayb u shd talk more 2 doz pple n churches dat dnt tak us as one,n som even bliv dat islam was created by the catholic church,som1 even created a thread on abt it...#peace#
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by Menzy86(m): 2:38pm On Apr 15, 2017
zionmade:

Must u add denomination to dis. Wat is wrong with Catholics for God's sake.
Christians did dis so all christians shud emulate d good works, must u start blabbing denomination?
Catholics will never do half of wat churches like SCOAN, LIVING FAITH AND Christ Embassy does and yet they are double in number compared to these churches.
I hate it wen denominations are addressed instead of Christianity in totality and Catholics do this Rubbish most times
Now u sound like a hypocrite. Did that poster say he was Catholic when he wrote? And where did u get ur statistics to determine how much d denominations u mentioned do in comparison to Catholics?
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by vatiqan(m): 2:40pm On Apr 15, 2017
zionmade:

Must u add denomination to dis. Wat is wrong with Catholics for God's sake.
Christians did dis so all christians shud emulate d good works, must u start blabbing denomination?
Catholics will never do half of wat churches like SCOAN, LIVING FAITH AND Christ Embassy does and yet they are double in number compared to these churches.
I hate it wen denominations are addressed instead of Christianity in totality and Catholics do this Rubbish most times

Did you just write this thrash or ur page was hacked?
Re: Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. by vatiqan(m): 2:53pm On Apr 15, 2017
[quote author=zionmade post=55585471]
hate it wen denominations are addressed instead of Christianity in totality and Catholics do this Rubbish most times

When Jesus prayed to His Father, on the apostles behalf, He said 'That they may be One', today they are many, if the Catholic church, chooses to follow her own way, without hindering others' ways of teachings, what is ur headache in that? JW, Chris Okotie, and thier likes have tried frm time, immemorial, no one, I mean, no One; has given a hoot abt them. My friend, face ur front and move on. Better still, join them cos, you cannot beat them!

The Pope went to one of the migrant camps, in Greece and took with him, abt 12 people frm the wartorn mid-east countries; to the Vatican City, probably, for live; how many of your pastors, as mentioned by you, cld do that? Unkul, park well, joor!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Crumbs Under The Table: Explain This Verse Please! / Atheist State Your Reasons For Not Believing In God/Religion / Traditional Wedding Or White Wedding?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.