Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

ASK GAZZUZZ - Autos (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / ASK GAZZUZZ (615036 Views)

Gazzuzz Autos And Part Store. / When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey / Gazzuzz Inspected Vehicles (lagos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (408) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:15pm On Jul 06, 2018
SteveUg:
Goodmorning sir gazzuzz, I discovered some new codes after changing the knock sensor on d Honda accord 2006 v6 I once posted d issue hia early this week. the knock sensor rodent inflicted on has been replaced , though the car was having a vaccum leave on the inlet hose on the air filter cox it was damaged , that was replaced before the knock sensor was replaced... I also had random misfire on it then so I checked d plugs were bad, and some coil was not firing( 2,3, and 5) ... o2 sensor heater circuit bank 2 sensor 2 was presently b4 I started diagnosing the car.. Now I have replaced d knock sensor, d 3 coils, 6plugs and repaired the vaccum leak. but the 02 sensor heater circuit keeps coming up even after changing d blown 15amps fuse under d dashboard.. I test drive d car yesterday and noticed it was jerking, scanned it dix morning n I was seeing random misfiring from cylinder 1-6, same o2 sensor heater circuit code and a new code of p2197 ( o2 sensor(A/f sensor) bank 2 sensor 1 stucked lean or so... at the junction I'm confused.. I checked freeze frame data and it was showing DTC triggered during p0301 # 1cylinder @ 789rpm, vehicle speed 0/kmh.
I notice the coonector wire of the vaccum control valve ontop of the intake manifold is damaged and one of the hose is disconnected .. I will attach a picture of it.. and I can't find where that hose is connected to... can dix cause the p2197 code and d misfire code?.. sir I need ur hlp

can you explain what is happening in the pic below?

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by SteveUg(m): 6:35pm On Jul 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

can you explain what is happening in the pic below?
yeah I wire is damaged its only a tip of d wire datx holding d connector in place.... and d hose on d image below was not connected as well.. have also tried to locate wia the hose disconnected from but can't find it.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:10pm On Jul 06, 2018
SteveUg:

yeah I wire is damaged its only a tip of d wire datx holding d connector in place.... and d hose on d image below was not connected as well.. have also tried to locate wia the hose disconnected from but can't find it .

did you try here?

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by SteveUg(m): 8:26pm On Jul 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

did you try here?
no sir dix was how I saw d hose initially

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:42pm On Jul 06, 2018
Gazuzz abeg gimme ur coordinates make I come disturb u small...... will tomorrow be a good time?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:37pm On Jul 06, 2018
obekediamondfuto:
Gazuzz abeg gimme ur coordinates make I come disturb u small...... will tomorrow be a good time?

It will be an honour.

We don't work on Sat, but I will be around tomorrow to cleanup a few jobs
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by NobleEngineer(m): 6:53am On Jul 08, 2018
baba, pls help me put small contribution on this my thread
https://www.nairaland.com/4544453/temperature-guage-doesnt-get-middle#4544453.10
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:30am On Jul 08, 2018
NobleEngineer:
baba, pls help me put small contribution on this my thread
https://www.nairaland.com/4544453/temperature-guage-doesnt-get-middle#4544453.10

done/solved
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by NobleEngineer(m): 10:39am On Jul 08, 2018
Thanks for showing up for me man...even though it has put you in some trouble. oshe baddest
GAZZUZZ:

done/solved
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:10pm On Jul 08, 2018
NobleEngineer:
Thanks for showing up for me man...even though it has put you in some trouble. oshe baddest

quite the contrary, rather it has created awareness

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by slimmoney(m): 12:20am On Jul 09, 2018
Evening Hon gazzuzz, pls I have an Honda baby boy 1998 4 cyl that has been giving me problem, on our way coming to Abuja from lagos the car developed overheat issue on getting to abj a mechanic checked the car and said the radiator is dirty though the car has been parked 4 a while in lag, now he has changed the gasket and also steam washed the radiator changed the oil but after using the car for 4 days i checked the oil and noticed there is still water mixed with oil, the mechanic told me itz normal that there is no way all the water could be drained from the engine that i should continue driving the car, but another mechanic told me that for the issue to be fully resolved i need to grind the surface of the top cylinder cause it has been warped due to long distance it covered, pls what will you advice me on this condition of my car.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:23am On Jul 09, 2018
slimmoney:
Evening Hon gazzuzz, pls I have an Honda baby boy 1998 4 cyl that has been giving me problem, on our way coming to Abuja from lagos the car developed overheat issue on getting to abj a mechanic checked the car and said the radiator is dirty though the car has been parked 4 a while in lag, now he has changed the gasket and also steam washed the radiator changed the oil but after using the car for 4 days i checked the oil and noticed there is still water mixed with oil, the mechanic told me itz normal that there is no way all the water could be drained from the engine that i should continue driving the car, but another mechanic told me that for the issue to be fully resolved i need to grind the surface of the top cylinder cause it has been warped due to long distance it covered, pls what will you advice me on this condition of my car.

Please confirm. Did you notice traces of oil in radiator, or did you notice engine oil was milk coloured?

I am sure you replaced the engine oil after the procedure right?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by slimmoney(m): 12:27am On Jul 09, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Please confirm. Did you notice traces of oil in radiator, or did you notice engine oil was milk coloured?

I am sure you replaced the engine oil after the procedure right?

engine oil is milky sir and no traces of oil in radiator nd i also replaced the engine oil and filter after the procedure.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:32am On Jul 09, 2018
slimmoney:
engine oil is milky sir and no traces of oil in radiator nd i also replaced the engine oil and filter after the procedure.

procedure went wrong. 2nd advice is correct. Also look for cracks in Cylinder.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by slimmoney(m): 12:36am On Jul 09, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

procedure went wrong. 2nd advice is correct. Also look for cracks in Cylinder.
ok sir i will follow the 2nd advice, thanks 4 ur prompt answer.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Waju83(m): 6:22am On Jul 09, 2018
Good morning oga Gazuzz

please is the HYUNDAI ELENTRA 2012 a good car to get as a first car ?? thanks for your reply
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:25am On Jul 09, 2018
Waju83:
Good morning oga Gazuzz

please is the HYUNDAI ELENTRA 2012 a good car to get as a first car ?? thanks for your reply

very good car. don't buy the 1.6/1.8liter engine. The 2.0 is cheaper to fix/replace if found defective.

2 Likes

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Waju83(m): 6:41am On Jul 09, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

very good car. don't buy the 1.6/1.8liter engine. The 2.0 is cheaper to fix/replace if found defective.

Thank you very much! .... Will look out for the 2.0
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 10, 2018
Hi Gazzuz,

My Lexus is250 2007 climate control not working even after changing it. The fuses has been thoroughly checked, none find wanting. Yet its not coming up, but the radio is working.
I have tried tracing the relay but am not sure since the relays inside the bonnet are fine. I read there could be anther relay somewhere inside the dashboard, but not sure.
What could be wrong and way out please cry

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:12pm On Jul 10, 2018
dillinger:
Hi Gazzuz,

My Lexus is250 2007 climate control not working even after changing it. The fuses has been thoroughly checked, none find wanting. Yet its not coming up, but the radio is working.
I have tried tracing the relay but am not sure since the relays inside the bonnet are fine. I read there could be anther relay somewhere inside the dashboard, but not sure.
What could be wrong and way out please cry

Replace module.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 10, 2018
Thanks bro but which module?

GAZZUZZ:

Replace module.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2018
dillinger:
Thanks bro but which module?

the climate control
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by boxymccoy(m): 11:01pm On Jul 10, 2018
Hello Engr Gazzuzz, how work today? Pls I replaced my engine and gearbox with undetached tokunbo engine and gearbox on Saturday. Up till now the car has refused to start. Three electricians. have worked on it yet all to no avail and they ascertained that the wires are properly connected, fuel comes to the engine and the engines rolls well, it shocks too but would not start. Even scanner couldn't communicate with the car. my car is corolla bank type 2006 model. So I heard that when replacing a bank model engine with a tokunbo engine (1ZZ-FE), the tokunbo engine will not work until a washer somewhere in that engine that came with the car is removed and put in the tokunbo engine. I don't just understand. Am just confused.
@ Gazzuzz, pls what can you about this, help a brother ooooo
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:16am On Jul 11, 2018
boxymccoy:
Hello Engr Gazzuzz, how work today? Pls I replaced my engine and gearbox with undetached tokunbo engine and gearbox on Saturday. Up till now the car has refused to start. Three electricians. have worked on it yet all to no avail and they ascertained that the wires are properly connected, fuel comes to the engine and the engines rolls well, it shocks too but would not start. Even scanner couldn't communicate with the car. my car is corolla bank type 2006 model. So I heard that when replacing a bank model engine with a tokunbo engine (1ZZ-FE), the tokunbo engine will not work until a washer somewhere in that engine that came with the car is removed and put in the tokunbo engine. I don't just understand. Am just confused.
@ Gazzuzz, pls what can you about this, help a brother ooooo

Correct. Replace pulsar plate on crankshaft. You will have to remove the old one on your engine, and replace with the one on your new engine.

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Waju83(m): 2:03pm On Jul 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Good afternoon oga gazzuzz, please I wanted to ask is the parts readily available for this car?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:22pm On Jul 11, 2018
Waju83:

Good afternoon oga gazzuzz, please I wanted to ask is the parts readily available for this car?

Is this readily available?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by boxymccoy(m): 9:31pm On Jul 12, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Correct. Replace pulsar plate on crankshaft. You will have to remove the old one on your engine, and replace with the one on your new engine.

we did just exactly what you said, and it worked and it's still working, your level of expertise is unparalleled. Thank you so much Sir.........
I still have an issue here sir........ the engine thermostat was bypassed, hence the cooling fan works immediately the engine starts and does not stop until the ignition is switched off........ My question is...... Should I just remove the thermostat from this new engine since it has been bypassed already or I should tell the electrician to return the fan to factory connection?....... One electrician told me it is better to allow the fan work without the thermostat..... Pls I need usual candid advice sir
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by boxymccoy(m): 9:40pm On Jul 12, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

We did just exactly what you said, and it worked and it's still working, your level of expertise is unparalleled. Thank you so much Sir.........
I still have an issue here sir........ the former engine thermostat was bypassed, hence the cooling fan works immediately the engine starts and does not stop until the ignition is switched off........ My question is...... Should I just remove the thermostat from this new engine since it has been bypassed already or I should tell the electrician to return the fan to factory connection?....... One electrician told me it is better to allow the fan work without the thermostat..... Pls I need your usual candid advice sir
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:48am On Jul 13, 2018
boxymccoy:

We did just exactly what you said, and it worked and it's still working, your level of expertise is unparalleled. Thank you so much Sir.........
I still have an issue here sir........ the former engine thermostat was bypassed, hence the cooling fan works immediately the engine starts and does not stop until the ignition is switched off........ My question is...... Should I just remove the thermostat from this new engine since it has been bypassed already or I should tell the electrician to return the fan to factory connection?....... One electrician told me it is better to allow the fan work without the thermostat..... Pls I need your usual candid advice sir

operation of the fan, and coolant Thermostat are not same thing.

Let me ask a question here.

What brand and grade of engine oil did you pour into engine?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by mrbigseun(m): 6:05am On Jul 13, 2018
My surest oga plz just a quick one corolla2009 vs Honda accord 2008 kindly advise a bro both cars are naija used am planning to buy this month end I have both cars on ground from dealers and both are clean I just need ur advice based the brands thanks sir
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by boxymccoy(m): 6:46am On Jul 13, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

operation of the fan, and coolant Thermostat are not same thing.

Let me ask a question here.

What brand and grade of engine oil did you pour into engine?
I used Mobil, the one they sell for #4500, I wanted to use the full synthetic 5w30 but I ran out of cash, so I want to use it for like three weeks after which I will drain and replace it with the full synthetic oil.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:59am On Jul 13, 2018
boxymccoy:

I used Mobil, the one they sell for #4500, I wanted to use the full synthetic 5w30 but I ran out of cash, so I want to use it for like three weeks after which I will drain and replace it with the full synthetic oil.

I thought so.

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (408) (Reply)

Free Honda Radio Unlock Codes. Up To Year 2009. K.k Business Asoc. Ltd / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.