Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

ASK GAZZUZZ - Autos (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / ASK GAZZUZZ (611485 Views)

Gazzuzz Autos And Part Store. / When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey / Gazzuzz Inspected Vehicles (lagos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (407) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2017
sultan003:

My apologies!!

let me start like this, toyota camry 2002 2AZ-FE engine. the O2 sensor harness was connected properly that solved the P0141 code.
The main issue now is that am being told to buy a top and half engine due to a blown head gasket.

Took the car to work( distance is 45mins) on Wednesday, noticed that it was overheating, so I parked the car immediately after work i added water, took a while before the radiator got full, there was no leak(s) detected anywhere, drove the car back to the mechanic at not more than 40km/m otherwise the engine will overheat. Also the MIL was illuminated, scan showed P0300, P0302 and P0303

Pls what do you advise?

Was the headgasket replaced? If yes, did mechanic have issues with the cylinder head bolts/threading on the block?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by sultan003(m): 4:13pm On Aug 18, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Was the headgasket replaced? If yes, did mechanic have issues with the cylinder head bolts/threading on the block?

head gasket hasnt been replaced yet, I left it at status quo, pending a second opinion

I think he said something about the cylinder head bolts not threading well on the block, I can't remember exactly, also that if I replace the gasket and use the block, there will be a lot of smoke from the exhaust.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by mobolaji234: 4:34pm On Aug 18, 2017
Mr GAZZUZZ,
I just got myself a 93 Camry (orobo)
it consumes more fuel than it should and has no check lights on. please, what should I do?
thanks.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:03pm On Aug 18, 2017
sultan003:

My apologies!!

let me start like this, toyota camry 2002 2AZ-FE engine. the O2 sensor harness was connected properly that solved the P0141 code.
The main issue now is that am being told to buy a top and half engine due to a blown head gasket.

Took the car to work( distance is 45mins) on Wednesday, noticed that it was overheating, so I parked the car immediately after work i added water, took a while before the radiator got full, there was no leak(s) detected anywhere, drove the car back to the mechanic at not more than 40km/m otherwise the engine will overheat. Also the MIL was illuminated, scan showed P0300, P0302 and P0303

Pls what do you advise?

head gasket hasnt been replaced yet, I left it at status quo, pending a second opinion

I think he said something about the cylinder head bolts not threading well on the block, I can't remember exactly, also that if I replace the gasket and use the block, there will be a lot of smoke from the exhaust.

try this little trick, fill radiator to the brim, leave pressure cap open, start car, ensure radiator is filled to the brim, with engine on do you notice a steady flow of bubles from the radiator?

If yes, 100per head gasket burnt.

If not check engine oil for milky color.

Finally check radiator most times long use of water corodes and damages the coolant passages.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:04pm On Aug 18, 2017
mobolaji234:
Mr GAZZUZZ,
I just got myself a 93 Camry (orobo)
it consumes more fuel than it should and has no check lights on. please, what should I do?
thanks.

start car, after running engine for 30mins take a pic of the instrument cluster (dashboard) post here.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by mobolaji234: 5:06pm On Aug 18, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

start car, after running engine for 30mins take a pic of the instrument cluster (dashboard) post here.

I'm doing that at the moment sir. thanks.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Phy017(m): 5:17pm On Aug 18, 2017
Hi Gazzuzz.

I just had my HG replaced (05, 2WD 4Runner). It all started from a P0300, P0302, P0304 and P0306 codes, with rough idling for some seconds at every start up. Also, I was beginning to loose an appreciable quantity of coolant.

However, in the process of coupling the top cylinders back, one of these sensors got broken.

Can you please tell me what these are called, and their function?

Thank you.

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by sultan003(m): 5:19pm On Aug 18, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

try this little trick, fill radiator to the brim, leave pressure cap open, start car, ensure radiator is filled to the brim, with engine on do you notice a steady flow of bubles from the radiator?

If yes, 100per head gasket burnt.

If not check engine oil for milky color.

Finally check radiator most times long use of water corodes and damages the coolant passages.

Milky colour in the engine oil, seen from the dipstick. .. the car smokes when you start the engine the clears after a while.

as per the radiator, it takes a long time for it to get full, when it gets full you see the water receeding back into the radiator, thus it is difficult to observe the bubbles. there are no visible leaks, with the engine on, nothing happens just steam coming out, you will need to rev the engine like 3 times for water to splash out.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by mobolaji234: 5:38pm On Aug 18, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

I've done that sir.
nb: Pls how economical is the car, it comes with the 5sfe engine.

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Readonee35L(m): 5:45pm On Aug 18, 2017
mobolaji234:

I've done that sir.
Speedometer looks dead.
Is that engine running?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by mobolaji234: 5:48pm On Aug 18, 2017
Readonee35L:

Speedometer looks dead.
Is that engine running?

he said 'leave the car running' it does not necessarily mean I have to drive the car. I only left the engine on and the slow running is supposed to be on 1 right? unfortunately, it's not working.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by diportivo: 5:51pm On Aug 18, 2017
Readonee35L:

Speedometer looks dead.
Is that engine running?

i wonder too

if thats d condition of the coolant temperature after running for 30mins then u go buy fuel tire o
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Readonee35L(m): 5:55pm On Aug 18, 2017
diportivo:

i wonder too

if thats d condition of the coolant temperature after running for 30mins then u go buy fuel tire o
mobolaji234:

he said 'leave the car running' it does not necessarily mean I have to drive the car. I only left the engine on and the slow running is supposed to be on 1 right? unfortunately, it's not working.

The tachometer is suppose to be at least below or above 1. But not 0
I think the whole instrument cluster is damaged because nothing seems to work
Temp Guage not working. Should be above C after running for 30 minutes. even if you have 30 fans
Tachometer dead. Rev meter
Feal Guage dead.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:55pm On Aug 18, 2017
mobolaji234:

I've done that sir.

your problem is quite glaring. You have no thermostat, and fans are connected directly

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5835180_img20170818173515_jpegbc61a6354afeb542abb69976fb23ae5f
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by mobolaji234: 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

your problem is quite glaring. You have no thermostat, and fans are connected directly

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5835180_img20170818173515_jpegbc61a6354afeb542abb69976fb23ae5f

OK sir, so how do I fix the problem?
the temperature rarely gets hot, sometimes I even doubt if the gauge is working, but it is working. after driving for hours, it rarely gets hot.
and how economical is the car
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2017
sultan003:

Milky colour in the engine oil, seen from the dipstick. .. the car smokes when you start the engine the clears after a while.

as per the radiator, it takes a long time for it to get full, when it gets full you see the water receeding back into the radiator, thus it is difficult to observe the bubbles. there are no visible leaks, with the engine on, nothing happens just steam coming out, you will need to rev the engine like 3 times for water to splash out.

head gasket is damaged.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:58pm On Aug 18, 2017
mobolaji234:

GAZZUZZ:

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by mobolaji234: 6:01pm On Aug 18, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

the temperature rarely gets hot, sometimes I even doubt if the gauge is working, but it is working. after driving for hours, it rarely gets hot.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:04pm On Aug 18, 2017
mobolaji234:

reverse every thing I said. Return thermostat, return fan connections to automatic

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by diportivo: 6:05pm On Aug 18, 2017
Readonee35L:

The tachometer is suppose to be at least below or above 1. But not 0
I think the whole instrument cluster is damaged because nothing seems to work
Temp Guage not working. Should be above C after running for 30 minutes. even if you have 30 fans
Tachometer dead. Rev meter
Feal Guage dead.

e fit be OX fan na grin
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by sultan003(m): 6:08pm On Aug 18, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

head gasket is damaged.

thanks...... so what about buying a top and half engine? did I damage the engine by driving it back? even though it was below 40km/s and I kept topping water, 45mins journey took me 2hrs....
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Phy017(m): 6:35pm On Aug 18, 2017
Hi Gazzuzz.

Please assist with a response.
Phy017:
Hi Gazzuzz.

I just had my HG replaced (05, 2WD 4Runner). It all started from a P0300, P0302, P0304 and P0306 codes, with rough idling for some seconds at every start up. Also, I was beginning to loose an appreciable quantity of coolant.

However, in the process of coupling the top cylinders back, one of these sensors got broken.

Thank you.

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:47pm On Aug 18, 2017
sultan003:

thanks...... so what about buying a top and half engine? did I damage the engine by driving it back? even though it was below 40km/s and I kept topping water, 45mins journey took me 2hrs....

any one who has a complete 2az-fe engine for sale, will not be too inclined to removing parts from it. The similarities between the 1az-fe and 2az have short-changed a lot of car owners be careful when replacing engine
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:16pm On Aug 18, 2017
Phy017:
Hi Gazzuzz.

Thank you.

variable timing solenoids.
Can be gotten and tested easily in ladipo as used parts.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:18pm On Aug 18, 2017
razaqmb how is your camry wink
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by HazzanTazzan(m): 8:27pm On Aug 18, 2017
@gazzuzz @diportivo...
these carpenter mechanics have finally spoilt my car to a point of no return.
gasket spoilt and was replace but car didnt raise and that was what he was supposed to fix but the next day, he said the car didnt start and till date, no solution...

my car is sitting in the mechanic village and im already having thought of selling it off as scrap and buy a new car before it gives me hypertension.

is there anything you can do to help me out here?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by RazaqMB(m): 8:42pm On Aug 18, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
razaqmb how is your camry wink
grin shey after smoking me with your accord abi cry. My kid dey for one corner still dey cry embarassed
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:54pm On Aug 18, 2017
HazzanTazzan:
@gazzuzz @diportivo...
these carpenter mechanics have finally spoilt my car to a point of no return.
gasket spoilt and was replace but car didnt raise and that was what he was supposed to fix but the next day, he said the car didnt start and till date, no solution...

my car is sitting in the mechanic village and im already having thought of selling it off as scrap and buy a new car before it gives me hypertension.

is there anything you can do to help me out here?

Back to the basics.

Engine will start and run if the following are present.

A continuous but sequential spark at sparkplug when engine is cranked

A sequential pulse spray of fuel from injectors when engine is cranked

Compression from all 6 cylinders

And the right timing sequence.

What is missing will determine what to do next.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:55pm On Aug 18, 2017
RazaqMB:
grin shey after smoking me with your accord abi cry. My kid dey for one corner still dey cry embarassed

I honestly did not know you were trying to catch up cheesy
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by HazzanTazzan(m): 8:58pm On Aug 18, 2017
@gazzuzz
its like i go invite you or any of your top guys to come abeokuta and check this car for me o.
these people are totally lost.
they even removed the brain box to test it in another car to be sure if the brain box is ok
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by topcracker: 7:54am On Aug 19, 2017
For the best prices on auto spare parts at Ladipo International Market, go to https://www.ladipomarket.com.ng
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 19, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

cheesy
i sent you an email this morning. Kindly Assist

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (407) (Reply)

Free Honda Radio Unlock Codes. Up To Year 2009. K.k Business Asoc. Ltd / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars

Viewing this topic: nslloyd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.