Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) (32816 Views)

500-Level UNIUYO Student’s School Fees Raised By Nigerians On Twitter In 5 Hours / University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Student Shot Dead (Photo) / A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by mezynaija(m): 4:17pm On Apr 15, 2017
500 level FUTA student shot dead by police during a peaceful protest in his hometown

A 500-level student of the Federal University of Akure (FUTA) was allegedly killed by a police officer during a peaceful protest with his kinsmen in his hometown.

The deceased, identified as Julius Adeniran was home for the holiday when he yesterday, joined the Igbara Odo youth in a peaceful protest.. The policemen who tried to disrupt the protest shot into the crowd to disperse them, but unfortunately the bullet hit the 500 level student of FUTA.

His friends shared the sad news on Facebook and wrote tributes to mourn the deceased. One of his friends, Olowolafe Mayowa Samuel, wrote:
“Good Friday turned a bad one here. Son of man fell and pool of tears was inevitably instigated today in my hometown.My brother, late Ayilumo Julius was an indigene of Igbara Odo Ekiti, a 500level student of FUTA and a youth with a never giving up spirit. He loved me so much and he believed in the future of our hometown. He was shot and killed today by police officers while the officers were trying to halt a peaceful protest staged by Igbara Odo youths.Bro.your sudden death makes me realise how ephemeral life is. May God have mercy on you and forgive you of your sins, RIP. I love you prince Jul.”

Source: http://www.jtownconnect.com.ng/2017/04/500-level-futa-student-shot-dead-by.html

2 Shares

Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by adeniyi3971(m): 4:20pm On Apr 15, 2017
trigger happy policemen!
bad thing he comes from my mom's hometown
Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by falcon01: 4:21pm On Apr 15, 2017
eyyah

1 Like

Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by falcon01: 4:22pm On Apr 15, 2017
bye bye r.i.p
Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by diablos: 4:23pm On Apr 15, 2017
If you want to witness a random death, just hangout where there's protesters and a handful of frustrated nigerian policemen.

26 Likes

Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by newyorks(m): 4:23pm On Apr 15, 2017
can only happen in zoo.there must be no peace for the wicked.Rip

9 Likes

Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by onyee25(f): 4:31pm On Apr 15, 2017
Everyday bad news
God help this country

2 Likes

Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by tobisco29(m): 4:32pm On Apr 15, 2017
Sleep well, may the peace of the lord be with you. Although its a great/painful family lost

4 Likes

Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by Pengician(m): 6:04pm On Apr 15, 2017
mezynaija:
500 level FUTA student shot dead by police during a peaceful protest in his hometown

A 500-level student of the Federal University of Akure (FUTA) was allegedly killed by a police officer during a peaceful protest with his kinsmen in his hometown.

The deceased, identified as Julius Adeniran was home for the holiday when he yesterday, joined the Igbara Odo youth in a peaceful protest.. The policemen who tried to disrupt the protest shot into the crowd to disperse them, but unfortunately the bullet hit the 500 level student of FUTA.

His friends shared the sad news on Facebook and wrote tributes to mourn the deceased. One of his friends, Olowolafe Mayowa Samuel, wrote:
“Good Friday turned a bad one here. Son of man fell and pool of tears was inevitably instigated today in my hometown.My brother, late Ayilumo Julius was an indigene of Igbara Odo Ekiti, a 500level student of FUTA and a youth with a never giving up spirit. He loved me so much and he believed in the future of our hometown. He was shot and killed today by police officers while the officers were trying to halt a peaceful protest staged by Igbara Odo youths.Bro.your sudden death makes me realise how ephemeral life is. May God have mercy on you and forgive you of your sins, RIP. I love you prince Jul.”

Source: http://www.jtownconnect.com.ng/2017/04/500-level-futa-student-shot-dead-by.html

R.I.P
Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by menstrualpad: 7:47pm On Apr 15, 2017

How did he make it to 500level? And what about the protest is paramount to his future at 500 level? Well I have no sympathy to waste.

Op do​ NOT forget to add.... The protesters killed three people including a police officer. Destroyed​ the traditional ruler's properties utterly.

Like I said I have no sympathy to waste. Foolishness kills more than poverty.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by menstrualpad: 7:50pm On Apr 15, 2017
diablos:
If you want to witness a random death, just hangout where there's protesters and a handful of frustrated nigerian policemen.
Exactly. But when you have a 500 level student involved actively.... Then something is amiss..

Some of the images of what a 500 level student was perpetrating... Including lynching a police officer. Attacking the DPO... I believe that the police were organised and deserves kudos

4 Likes

Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by josephine123: 9:49pm On Apr 15, 2017
Rip
Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by 1Rebel: 9:49pm On Apr 15, 2017
Nigeria is dead.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by Arewa12: 9:49pm On Apr 15, 2017
Nigeria police.... May God help us

1 Like

Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by cbngov01(m): 9:50pm On Apr 15, 2017
Wow!!!....its well
Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by monimekaz(m): 9:50pm On Apr 15, 2017
You see ..Na so Osama take start.....you don't kill my blood and expect me to take sorry... Many ppl will die ...both the innocent and the non innocent

2 Likes

Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by skywalker495(m): 9:51pm On Apr 15, 2017
Quite unfortunate cry
RIP bro
Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by fuckyoumhen: 9:51pm On Apr 15, 2017
menstrualpad:

How did he make it to 500level? And what about the protest is paramount to his future at 500 level? Well I have no sympathy to waste.

Op do​ NOT forget to add.... The protesters killed three people including a police officer. Destroyed​ the traditional ruler's properties utterly.

evidence to backup your claims?

1 Like

Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by momentum85(m): 9:51pm On Apr 15, 2017
Men in black killing innocent people everyday but hardly you hear they shoot/kill criminals. This country don tire me, wish i fit disappear and appear in Europe. RIP bro

1 Like

Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by chiraqDemon(m): 9:51pm On Apr 15, 2017
diablos:
U might end up being that random death tho i mean they dont even have aim
Thats how they will be having gun fight with robbers and stray bullet will kill 12 civilians and all the robbers will escape

2 Likes

Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 15, 2017
undecided
Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by engrpheleeks(m): 9:53pm On Apr 15, 2017
And what is peaceful about a protest that claimed someone's life? That's how they will give the parents 200k and close the case. #useless_force
RIP to the dead.

1 Like

Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by Omoluabi16(m): 9:53pm On Apr 15, 2017
We ser protests held in other countries, the highest thing is that people will get arrested.But not in my beloved country. How can any sane personnel try to disperse a peaceful group with a real bullet? Person pikin just die like that. So sad
Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by ajoskele(m): 9:53pm On Apr 15, 2017
menstrualpad:

You are not different from that killer policeman.

1 Like

Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by Arsenalholic(m): 9:53pm On Apr 15, 2017
It's happening! It's fvcking happening and we are all silent about it because non of us has been directly affected yet.

Not a week passes by these days without at least 3 cases of police brutality hitting the headlines. What is wrong with this Nation? What is wrong with Nigerians?

Who do us this thing?

The things we should be up-in-arms for with the government are the things we turn a blind eye to. The highest a lot of people will do is type "R.I.P" on his pics and go over to start tweeting about BBN and some other irrelevant topics.

This police brutality is becoming too much. It's driving me mad! How can the idiots who've been enlisted to protect lives and property become a thorn in our flesh? How can they snuff out lives at will without even the slightest provocation?

Are we animals?

It's time to make our voices heard o, my Nigerian people. Warri man say "we dey look am e dey go". It's becoming too much.

Enough of joking with phrases like "police is not my friend" and "If soldier slap you, you go know say police na your friend" Nonsense! We are glofifying the barbaric tendencies of these people.

We need to ACT. Let's turn up the heat via social media. Enough is Enough. Who remember how we turned up the heat on NCC when they wanted to increase data price last year?

That's the power of social media. Let's stop reacting on trivial matters and start taking the serious ones up. No one prays for the day when they go out and never return because a drunk trigger happy security nitiwit had done the worse, knowing fully well nothing go happen!

A word is enough for the wise.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by Truepee(m): 9:54pm On Apr 15, 2017
Yeye dey smell
Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by chiraqDemon(m): 9:55pm On Apr 15, 2017
For those of the "OLDER GENERATION" that were saying naija youths and indomie generation are more interested in bbn than affairs of the country
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE YOUTH DECIDE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE STATE OF THE COUNTRY AND ABOUT OUR LEADERS
Even on election days and in voting centres, ppl go out to vote and either get killed by soldiers, police or thugs.
Thia is what ur generation has left for us to suffer

1 Like

Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by ajoskele(m): 9:55pm On Apr 15, 2017
menstrualpad:

Exactly. But when you have a 500 level student involved actively.... Then something is amiss
Please don't discuss what you know nothing about.

1 Like

Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by Paparahzee(m): 9:56pm On Apr 15, 2017
Not even a single pity for the dead..no wonder ur name na MENSTRALPAD..ssmmhh!!!!
Re: 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) by Babaloko02(m): 9:59pm On Apr 15, 2017
RIP to the dead. May God console his family

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Missing OAU Law Student: Reasons to Doubt Her Claim of being an Oau Law Student / ASUU May Call-Off Strike Next Week / Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.