Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,646 members, 7,813,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Lord Macaulay's Address To The British Paliament On Breaking Africa - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Lord Macaulay's Address To The British Paliament On Breaking Africa (22259 Views)

How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry / Fact-checking Trump’s Address On The Iran Missile Attacks / Breaking: Africa Could Be Home To 90% World Poor People By 2030_world Bank Said (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lord Macaulay's Address To The British Paliament On Breaking Africa by saydfact(m): 9:20am On Apr 16, 2017
Lord Macaulay's address to the British Parliament on 2nd Feb 1835.

I have traveled across the length and breath of Africa and I have not seen one person who is a beggar, who is a thief, such wealth I have seen in this country, such high moral values, people of such caliber, that I do not think we would ever conquer this country, unless we break the very backbone of this nation, which is her spiritual and cultural heritage and therefore, I propose that we replace her old and ancient education system, her culture, for if the African's think that all that is foreign and English is good and greater than their own, they will lose their self-esteem, their native culture and they will become what we want them, a truly dominated nation.

culled: HistoryVille on www.palmchatnow.com

1 Share

Re: Lord Macaulay's Address To The British Paliament On Breaking Africa by saydfact(m): 9:22am On Apr 16, 2017
can we say he was on-point?
Re: Lord Macaulay's Address To The British Paliament On Breaking Africa by RapportNaija(m): 9:27am On Apr 16, 2017
This is FAKE!!! Complete fake, stop distributing nonsense. He never addressed any parliament and he was in India at the time!

5 Likes

Re: Lord Macaulay's Address To The British Paliament On Breaking Africa by vernalsage(m): 5:46pm On Apr 17, 2017
saydfact:

culled: HistoryVille on www.palmchatnow.com

FAKE

1 Like

Re: Lord Macaulay's Address To The British Paliament On Breaking Africa by saydfact(m): 5:55pm On Apr 17, 2017
vernalsage
RapportNaija

Thanks for the info... Informed HistoryVille for note...
Re: Lord Macaulay's Address To The British Paliament On Breaking Africa by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 17, 2017
Though I believe that the power-hungry British statesmen are capable of making this useless statement but this particular 1 is fake - as Africa was replaced with India in the snapshot below.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord Macaulay's Address To The British Paliament On Breaking Africa by saydfact(m): 7:58pm On Apr 17, 2017
Zoharariel:
Though I believe that the power-hungry British statesmen are capable of making this useless statement but this particular 1 is fake - as Africa was replaced with India in the snapshot below.

Hilarious.... Thanks for this...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord Macaulay's Address To The British Paliament On Breaking Africa by Teewhy2: 9:11am On Apr 20, 2017
Na wa oooo, which one come be the orginal
Re: Lord Macaulay's Address To The British Paliament On Breaking Africa by saydfact(m): 10:36am On Apr 20, 2017
Teewhy2:
Na wa oooo, which one come be the orginal

Both are fake as proven by readers
Re: Lord Macaulay's Address To The British Paliament On Breaking Africa by Teewhy2: 1:53pm On Apr 24, 2017
saydfact:

Both are fake as proven by readers

Na China made.
Lol
Re: Lord Macaulay's Address To The British Paliament On Breaking Africa by saydfact(m): 5:25pm On Apr 24, 2017
Teewhy2:

Na China made.
Lol

grin grin grin grin angry grin
Re: Lord Macaulay's Address To The British Paliament On Breaking Africa by saydfact(m): 9:14am On Apr 26, 2017
my latest building (property) related article: https://www.nairaland.com/3630752/cement-sand-granite-concrete-mix

(1) (Reply)

British MP, David Amess' Stabbing Confirmed As A Aterrorist Incident / President Barack Obama's Daughters at the Inauguration / Peace Talks Ended Between Russia And Ukraine With No Breakthrough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.