Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,119 members, 7,860,037 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:26 AM

Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members - NYSC (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members (305808 Views)

Prospective NYSC 2019 Batch B Corps Members Thread / NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread / Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch B II Corps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by irenosen22(f): 3:33pm On Oct 30, 2017
iamawara:

pls print coloured, i cant say if its a must, but 99.999% are printing it coloured,
Ok thanks

1 Like

Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by cameeeeel(m): 4:04pm On Oct 30, 2017
Yhemit:
Read This Before You Accept Your NYSC PPA

This is a warning to all new corp members who want to have peace of mind and enjoy the next 11 Months of their NYSC service at their different Place of Primary Assignment (PPA). So many people take advantage of Corp Members to achieve the end goal of their companies. In order not to be used like slaves and cleaning rags by anybody, all in the name of serving your father land, you need to read this.

Let me give you a picture of what it's like to be a New Corper. In other words, here is something obvious and common among new corpers:

They are always too anxious to get to their PPA (Place of Primary Assignment) and get accepted so they could return home quickly. Even though they complain of staying at home during the postponement and delay of the date for the camp.
Perhaps to show their new Kaki to their parents. Or maybe to slay people around street.

Nevertheless, you are not alone in that, I felt the same urge too. Just as everybody else. It's normal. It's not a crime.
NOTE: Most PPA are good and can be so kind. And remember you will not be the first Corper there. Am sure some are serving at present in that Same place.

But please, before you accept that PPA you are being posted to, note the following:
1. Don’t be Anxious
Don’t be too anxious to get or accept any PPA. There is always enough time.
Believe me, the waiting is worth it.

Don't be too anxious and frustrated that you will jump on a marketing place where you have to be hawking and walking around to get people to buy a product or whatever. You are better than that.

Don’t be like many corp members, who in the name of frustration for a PPA quickly, accepted Pry schools and ended up being treated like Nannies, baby-sitting and cleaning the mess of kindergarten pupils.
2. Good Accommodation
I will not lie about this. Most PPA do not have a conducive accommodation for all the Corp members posted under them due to facilities, too much crowd and others. On several occasions, you will have to get an accommodation for yourself.

Some PPA might provide an accommodation and you might not like it for privacy or other reasons.
Do not have it in mind that Every PPA will provide you with accommodation. It's luck sometimes.

There might be many reasons you want to look for an accommodation by yourself:
Privacy
Electricity
Network
Environment

...name it...... and more
3. Your Free Day Must Be Allowed
You have privilege to a day of every week, in which you are not expected to be at your PPA at all (usually your CDS day). Your PPA must be ready to give you this day fully. Not expected to work for few hours on the same day.
It’s a work-free day for you. You Boss might push you by asking, but you have to state it that CDS days are off.
4. Local Allowance
That’s the allowance (money) the PPA will pay you at the end of every month. This should not be less than #5000, but can be more.
Let them know you don’t like to be owed also because many employers are fond of that. You don't have to be rude about that. You just have to make your point clear. The #19,800 alone cannot be enough.
5. Work Load
Don’t let them overwork you. You are not expected to teach more than two subjects if you are in a school.
But sometimes out of compassion, you can take more if you can handle it. I took over 6 subjects during mine. I love teaching, I love those students and just have to help. But you might not be like me.

Know your limit and make it clear.
6. Gather Information
Gather information from the existing corpers and workers in the organization to know how the management has being dealing with their workers. By this, you will be able to tell if they will be able to keep their promises to you or not.
7. Rules and Regulations
This might apply to every PPA, however, some PPA do have some rules that you might not be able to abide with. This is common among Mission schools and some organisations.

There are some places they will tell you that's you can't wear this, you can't There are some places they will tell you that's you can't wear this, you can't do this, a male should not come visit, this, that's and bla bla bla....

Some organisation will tell you to put on tight cloths, mini skirts to promote their product and bring customers. If it's okay by you, tell them and if otherwise, tell them to reject you.

So you might need to ask existing corpers stylishly if they have any funny rules here.

They will issue you an acceptance latter after all agreement. And you will take the letter to your ZI.

Then you can now go home and come back after the stipulated day.

Do not be too anxious, this is where you will spend the rest of your 11 months. You are not meant to endure, you are meant to enjoy.

Goodmorning..Awaiting Corps member...
May God continue to bless you for this. this is really enlightening for awaiting corpers. am batch B of 2016 stream 2...there must not be room to endure at all for corpers at all... you have to enjoy your service year.. it only arrives once in your entire career.. make memorable moments. as to the issue of Local allowance, my boss agreed to pay me 15,000 per month cz it's a law firm..am also a corper-lawyer in d firm.. i wen to office including Saturdays... go to the court regularly.. go to the police station to bail suspect, in a nutshell, i always beautifully justified the 15,000 each month...but for the month of September nd October, funny enough, he paid the secretary in d firm for the two months while he had refused to pay me..despite working tirelessly in d firm cz am d only nd second lawyer to my boss in d office...this Man would not allow me to accept my own little brief from outside, cz of the 15,000 he would not allow to go anywhere if other lawyers around the town need my service just cz of 15,000. now, as am typing this, i av already made up my mind that tomorrow would be d last day for me in dat office which is 31st October. i can't start a fresh month there without being paid.. am not a slave. i will be free like a flying bird on d sky. beautifully, we are passing out by December, before the coming out of camp for 2017 Batch B. Now, i will be able to render my service out of the office...nd get well paid for it. as he can't restrict me to do such again.

6 Likes

Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by cameeeeel(m): 4:10pm On Oct 30, 2017
Balitah:

Even with the time table you still dey talk this one....? Who doesn't know that people go to camp 3-5 days after printing call up letter
you will already be in Camp before the passing out of stream 2...moreover, stream 2 would have passed out before u leave d camp for PPA easiness
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 30, 2017
Twrecks:

Same thing here. God help us. Which is your most preferred?
Abuja.. You?
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by cameeeeel(m): 4:21pm On Oct 30, 2017
denvers:
judging from the use of batch A timetable , batch b camp should be open 21 or 22nd.
23rd is a very tenable date
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 30, 2017
irenosen22:

Kaduna plenty for dis house o.but me no want jor
Which of the states do you want?
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Yhemit(m): 4:44pm On Oct 30, 2017
cameeeeel:
May God continue to bless you for this. this is really enlightening for awaiting corpers. am batch B of 2016 stream 2...there must not be room to endure at all for corpers at all... you have to enjoy your service year.. it only arrives once in your entire career.. make memorable moments. as to the issue of Local allowance, my boss agreed to pay me 15,000 per month cz it's a law firm..am also a corper-lawyer in d firm.. i wen to office including Saturdays... go to the court regularly.. go to the police station to bail suspect, in a nutshell, i always beautifully justified the 15,000 each month...but for the month of September nd October, funny enough, he paid the secretary in d firm for the two months while he had refused to pay me..despite working tirelessly in d firm cz am d only nd second lawyer to my boss in d office...this Man would not allow me to accept my own little brief from outside, cz of the 15,000 he would not allow to go anywhere if other lawyers around the town need my service just cz of 15,000. now, as am typing this, i av already made up my mind that tomorrow would be d last day for me in dat office which is 31st October. i can't start a fresh month there without being paid.. am not a slave. i will be free like a flying bird on d sky. beautifully, we are passing out by December, before the coming out of camp for 2017 Batch B. Now, i will be able to render my service out of the office...nd get well paid for it. as he can't restrict me to do such again.

wow.... am.not afraid ooo, so people want free labour. I really salute you sir

God is going to surprise you with better job soon. which state can I get better PPA?
am thinking of ogun state (industrial units) !
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Yhemit(m): 4:45pm On Oct 30, 2017
*YOUNG AMICABLE*
Inside NYSC camp

Written by: Goodness Chiwendu*

copied**

I'm writing this to gist every prospective corps member
1. Charging phones: Corps members are not allowed to charge phones in the hostels or in any nysc building... Do not even think of breaking this rule because there is no socket or other provision for charging. Corps members pay #50 to charge phones or torchlight to those doing it as business at mami market. Some of the shops at mami market are owned by nysc officials. There may be light in the hostels but whether light or no light you must pay to charge your phones, period!!! That is Nigeria for you. Lol!
2. Light out hour: Once it is 10:00pm, Corps Members are expected to be on their bed bug sleeping mattresses. At this time, the only noise expected from you is ‘snoring’. All light must be off, no call, no chat, nothing nothing except snoring, until 4.00am in the morning when soldiers will come and pursue corpers to the military fortified pared ground. Do not violate any rule because soldiers won't take it easy with you.
3. Sex and romance: Maybe you have heard or misinformed that camp is an opportunity for sexual activities. Some bad guys have bought some condoms already, waiting for the time to click. Unfortunately, there is no room for sexual intercourse in nysc camp. Bad market, I guessed!.. lol!. You better throw those condoms away because there is no room for that 'thing'.
Females hostels and male hostels are far apart with Soldiers patrolling day and night. Hostels are like a big hall, where everybody is your roommate. A corps member may have approximately 400 people as roommates.

Remember soldiers are everywhere watching you, and they are trained to catch sex offenders, if they catch you crawling around opposite sex hostel, brother or sister your name will be sorry, because they will surely decamp you (meaning no more NYSC for you). So, my advice is for you to start training that 'cassava' in-between your legs so that it won't tempt you during the 21 days in camp. Just wait after camp, if na corper prostitutes you want, dem pretty. But be careful!!!
4. Falling in love: NYSC camp is not an ideal place for love, courtship or meeting one's life partner. In camp some ladies are too cheap to get, but are temptations as well. Some of them have very rough background, and you won't know. I advise you to forget about girls and focus on your mission to nysc camp...
In camp bad girls always chop 'mumu' guys. You think she is in love with you, after 21 days in camp, Na that time u go know.
5. NYSC food: Even though the food is always like poison, eat it if you can. But some people are too funny shaa…! In camp you will see some guys and gals ‘forming’ too big to eat NYSC food. They buy food at Mami market. After one week in camp, you will be surprise to see them fighting in the queue to collect NYSC food. Lolz! O boy money don finish!!
6. Fainting: It is very common to see Corpers fainting nysc pared ground. Do not be surprise when you faint or see someone beside you faint. Huge guys with big muscles do faints as well. So it is not a matter of,, how big I am (NYSC camp no be moi moi).
7. You must wake up every morning, around 4:30am for morning drills, till 8:00am when you will be released to take your breakfast, after that another pared or boring SAES lecture. when you come back from the lecture, another drill. No time to rest. Just take a look at yourself, you think say there is rest for NYSC camp? Lol!
8. Snoring: This one is the most annoying thing you will ever meet in camp. Imagine having about 400 people as roommates! That would be snoring competition. As you battle snoring, there are also people that scream in the middle of night while sleeping. O boy! There is nothing you will not see.
After all the drills and stress soldiers caused you , your fellow PCMs will still not allow you to sleep at night...

Have you ever slept in a small hall containing about 400 people and at night not less than 150 people will be snoring and another 50 screaming in the middle of night.
Oh! oh! you thought you

would have your own room? Lol! Hahaha! The hostel is like a hall, many people will be there.

9.. Stand Still: you must stand still for Nigeria to sleep at 6:00pm and at 6:00 am you must stand still for Nigeria to wake. This you must do when you hear the beagle’s sound, you must remain stand still until the sound stop. Make sure you don't violet that rule.
10. Please, come with enough money. #15,000 is ok, but you will have to be combining NYSC food and mami food OR come with #40,000 if you have no intention to eat NYSC poisoned food.. LOL!

GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS YOU

3 Likes

Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Yhemit(m): 4:47pm On Oct 30, 2017
cameeeeel:
23rd is a very tenable date

not far tho.... am more consigned about the stream stuff.... praying to follow stream 1 o oo
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Mightyify(m): 5:14pm On Oct 30, 2017
I HEARD THE STREAM ONE FALL INTO DEPENDS ON HOW EARLY YOU PAY, MOST ESPECIALLY HOW EARLY YOUR CALL UP NUMBER IS.. ....

MINE STARTS WITH 172.....

I JUST HOPE IT'S EARLY ENOUGH.

1 Like

Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Oluwasanmi18: 5:25pm On Oct 30, 2017
[quote author=irenosen22 post=61896705]
Kaduna plenty for dis house o.but me no want jor[/quote
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Yhemit(m): 5:26pm On Oct 30, 2017
Mightyify:
I HEARD THE STREAM ONE FALL INTO DEPENDS ON HOW EARLY YOU PAY, MOST ESPECIALLY HOW EARLY YOUR CALL UP NUMBER IS.. ....

MINE STARTS WITH 172.....

I JUST HOPE IT'S EARLY ENOUGH.

are you serious.... lol

mine also 171
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Jasiro: 5:37pm On Oct 30, 2017
Yhemit:

are you serious.... lol

mine also 171
Did u register on d first day?
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Yhemit(m): 6:30pm On Oct 30, 2017
Jasiro:
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Yhemit(m): 6:30pm On Oct 30, 2017
Jasiro:
yes sir.....
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by voucher(f): 6:42pm On Oct 30, 2017
Please where can I register in Ph? Around Artillery or Rumudara pls
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Mightyify(m): 6:45pm On Oct 30, 2017
Yhemit:

are you serious.... lol

mine also 171

Have you seen 170...? If NO.. ..then I'm very close...to Stream One
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by teekrackz(m): 6:47pm On Oct 30, 2017
hey guys, did my registration today, just wanna ask how long does it take for call up number to arrive after payment?
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Mightyify(m): 6:50pm On Oct 30, 2017
teekrackz:
hey guys, did my registration today, just wanna ask how long does it take for call up number to arrive after payment?

Once you payment is confirmed.. ..you should be able to print you green card. It is usually within 24hrs

2 Likes

Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 30, 2017
teekrackz:
It's usually less than six hours..

1 Like

Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 30, 2017
Mightyify:

mine start with 1704....
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Yhemit(m): 6:59pm On Oct 30, 2017
Mightyify:

Nah so ooo.... pray we all get stream 1 oooo, we no much here. #TeamOvercomers
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Yhemit(m): 7:00pm On Oct 30, 2017
nysc news...... part time students.

Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by ped007(m): 7:16pm On Oct 30, 2017
toluwashe6:

mine start with 1704....
1708 here...
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Jasiro: 7:23pm On Oct 30, 2017
Yhemit:

yes sir.....
Choi! Mine is 190... Any hope of stream one?
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Yhemit(m): 7:34pm On Oct 30, 2017
Jasiro:
Choi! Mine is 190... Any hope of stream one?
Smiles....we sef no sabi oooo 190 no far much

1 Like

Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Yhemit(m): 7:36pm On Oct 30, 2017
ped007:
1708 here...
wow.... I late small o 1711
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by olamy2000(m): 7:51pm On Oct 30, 2017
Yhemit:

wow.... I late small o
dat does determine stream 1....mine was 1133 and I still fall inside ocean 2 grin..so my brother no stress ursef its random...the advantage of registering early is for u to pick beta states

1 Like

Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by preetypam(f): 8:01pm On Oct 30, 2017
irenosen22:
Hmmmmmmm we will overcome
Amen o...OVERCOMERS
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Yhemit(m): 8:04pm On Oct 30, 2017
olamy2000:
dat does determine stream 1....mine was 1133 and I still fall inside ocean 2 grin..so my brother no stress ursef its random...the advantage of registering early is for u to pick beta states

Jesus Christ...... that random must favor me oooo
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 30, 2017
Yhemit:

Jesus Christ...... that random must favor me oooo
Oga na where you dy run go sef
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 30, 2017
ped007:
1708 here...
1709 reporting

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (183) (Reply)

Post All Problems Relating To JAMB Regularization Here - Let's Treat Them / NYSC Batch A 2013 House / NYSC 2013 Batch B House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.