Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members - NYSC (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members (303570 Views)

Prospective NYSC 2019 Batch B Corps Members Thread / NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread / Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch B II Corps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Oluwasanmi18: 7:38am On Oct 29, 2017
I heard dis ..don't knw hw true & fake it is...Log in to ur dashboard,click on course correction if ur mobilization status has been changed to MOBILIZE..u ar gud to go wit stream1..quote me ''i heard it nd am nt sure it real''

1 Like

Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Oluwasanmi18: 7:43am On Oct 29, 2017
Miserablemee:
Not really, I like all the states I chose except kwara; but if it is giving to me anyway, we slug it out.
same hr...i dnt fancy kwara too..i kept on ignorin it ..dy kept on bringin it.,i had no chioce to mk it ma last choice.
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Silensa(m): 7:45am On Oct 29, 2017
olunbar:
Gud morning . My result is second class
upper but my school uploaded second class
lower. Will that become a problem for me at d
camp?

there is an option for course correction in your portal. Although i did mine, but it hasn't been corrected since. Maybe you can try it

1 Like

Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 29, 2017
Lordseyad:
Aw.... Still waiting here o.. When did you registered?
the very first day.
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Miserablemee: 9:17am On Oct 29, 2017
Have you ever been to kwara, heard the only remarkable thing there is Unilorin?
Oluwasanmi18:
same hr...i dnt fancy kwara too..i kept on ignorin it ..dy kept on bringin it.,i had no chioce to mk it ma last choice.

1 Like

Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by hausadreturn(m): 9:34am On Oct 29, 2017
iamawara:

That's a nice choice. Sokoto is the most peaceful state Nigeria. Security of life and property is guaranteed, cost of living is ok, BUT no much social activities honestly, if u are the type that like partying sokoto is not for you, not that they don't allow social activities, but not everyone have the time for that, if you have ur own spare time u can go ahead and do it , the local government areas are ok in terms of electricity, good roads, water etc, transportation fee is also good, no place in Sokoto that u will pay N200 transport fair. Very few of the local government areas are far away from the state capital, and not less than 100km drive away from d capital. We welcome everyone in respect of ur tribe, religion and culture..... What else do u want to know about Sokoto?
Thank you very much.
I think you've said it all. Light and water....very basic.
But then, i can imagine Sokoto being a peaceful state or the most peaceful state in Nigeria. I lived in Damaturu, Yobe state, and i must say (after living in Lagos, UNN campus & staying @ Onitsha) that it was the most peaceful state in Nigeria. I walk around as late as 2am, and sometimes sef, the luxury bus from Onitsha can stop us as early as 4:15am, and despite the total darkness plus luggage being carried, i still walk straight to my house without even looking back for caution. Nobody even cares who the hell you are or where the hell you're going or coming from.

Then it happened...Nov. 4, 2011.
Lickety split, i lost a friend and 2 (dads) of a classmate and another friend. It was a day in Damaturu residents will never forget cry cry cry.
I have not gone to the North ever since. Even my friends parents that have houses that 3 different people will be begging to build 3 houses in Lagos, had to sell them off and relocate.
Subsequently they started all these 6am to 4pm, 6am to 6pm and 6am to 9pm curfew. These are things i dont know in my life.
Going to a school like OAU didnt help matters. There you can walk around from 6am till the next morning. I didnt see myself living a curfew life...my mama go just get heart-attack. Some of my friends have returned though, back to school (Fedpodam, and Yobe State Uni.,), while others have returned to business. But it's a bye-bye to the North-East till further notice.
Make i taste North-West.

Seat of the Caliphate things.
I hope i get that opportunity. grin grin grin
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Equations(m): 9:38am On Oct 29, 2017
Francisayo:
Is it true there's a 70% assurance of been given 3rd choice state as d state of deployment

I hope not ooo.. I was only allowed to choose a northern state as my third choice. so I hope its not like that.
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Lordseyad(m): 9:38am On Oct 29, 2017
dayoemmy:

the very first day.
And were you mailed, or it was sent as a msg to your dashboard...
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by hausadreturn(m): 9:40am On Oct 29, 2017
Oluwasanmi18:
Omo...e be like say na your village people dey do am
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Oluwasanmi18: 9:56am On Oct 29, 2017
Miserablemee:
Have you ever been to kwara, heard the only remarkable thing there is Unilorin?
lolz...like seriously!!
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 29, 2017
Lordseyad:
And were you mailed, or it was sent as a msg to your dashboard...

i was texted thru my mobile phone and it showed on my dashboard when i logged in to check that my picture should be recaptured that the present one there is not clear enough
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Mightyify(m): 10:39am On Oct 29, 2017
Equations:

I hope not ooo.. I was only allowed to choose a northern state as my third choice. so I hope its not like that.

I thought it was only me.....Only northern state was on my third choice. Does anyone has a clue what that means?

By the way, here's my chosen states

Abuja

Lagos

Kano

Akwa ibom
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Lordseyad(m): 11:33am On Oct 29, 2017
dayoemmy:

i was texted thru my mobile phone and it showed on my dashboard when i logged in to check that my picture should be recaptured that the present one there is not clear enough
Aiit..
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Miaanita(f): 12:08pm On Oct 29, 2017
Hello house, when I wanted to submit my application, during the process after clicking on submission I got "Error detected" , then after I picked the states again and wanted to submit , I got "Matric number already registered" though I was able to print my slip with all my details correctly on the slip together with my call up number and also my status is changed to "Mobilised" already...

Pls does that mean am registered already.. Or should I go ahead to create another account
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Yhemit(m): 12:13pm On Oct 29, 2017
Read This Before You Accept Your NYSC PPA

This is a warning to all new corp members who want to have peace of mind and enjoy the next 11 Months of their NYSC service at their different Place of Primary Assignment (PPA). So many people take advantage of Corp Members to achieve the end goal of their companies. In order not to be used like slaves and cleaning rags by anybody, all in the name of serving your father land, you need to read this.

Let me give you a picture of what it's like to be a New Corper. In other words, here is something obvious and common among new corpers:

They are always too anxious to get to their PPA (Place of Primary Assignment) and get accepted so they could return home quickly. Even though they complain of staying at home during the postponement and delay of the date for the camp.
Perhaps to show their new Kaki to their parents. Or maybe to slay people around street.

Nevertheless, you are not alone in that, I felt the same urge too. Just as everybody else. It's normal. It's not a crime.
NOTE: Most PPA are good and can be so kind. And remember you will not be the first Corper there. Am sure some are serving at present in that Same place.

But please, before you accept that PPA you are being posted to, note the following:
1. Don’t be Anxious
Don’t be too anxious to get or accept any PPA. There is always enough time.
Believe me, the waiting is worth it.

Don't be too anxious and frustrated that you will jump on a marketing place where you have to be hawking and walking around to get people to buy a product or whatever. You are better than that.

Don’t be like many corp members, who in the name of frustration for a PPA quickly, accepted Pry schools and ended up being treated like Nannies, baby-sitting and cleaning the mess of kindergarten pupils.
2. Good Accommodation
I will not lie about this. Most PPA do not have a conducive accommodation for all the Corp members posted under them due to facilities, too much crowd and others. On several occasions, you will have to get an accommodation for yourself.

Some PPA might provide an accommodation and you might not like it for privacy or other reasons.
Do not have it in mind that Every PPA will provide you with accommodation. It's luck sometimes.

There might be many reasons you want to look for an accommodation by yourself:
Privacy
Electricity
Network
Environment

...name it...... and more
3. Your Free Day Must Be Allowed
You have privilege to a day of every week, in which you are not expected to be at your PPA at all (usually your CDS day). Your PPA must be ready to give you this day fully. Not expected to work for few hours on the same day.
It’s a work-free day for you. You Boss might push you by asking, but you have to state it that CDS days are off.
4. Local Allowance
That’s the allowance (money) the PPA will pay you at the end of every month. This should not be less than #5000, but can be more.
Let them know you don’t like to be owed also because many employers are fond of that. You don't have to be rude about that. You just have to make your point clear. The #19,800 alone cannot be enough.
5. Work Load
Don’t let them overwork you. You are not expected to teach more than two subjects if you are in a school.
But sometimes out of compassion, you can take more if you can handle it. I took over 6 subjects during mine. I love teaching, I love those students and just have to help. But you might not be like me.

Know your limit and make it clear.
6. Gather Information
Gather information from the existing corpers and workers in the organization to know how the management has being dealing with their workers. By this, you will be able to tell if they will be able to keep their promises to you or not.
7. Rules and Regulations
This might apply to every PPA, however, some PPA do have some rules that you might not be able to abide with. This is common among Mission schools and some organisations.

There are some places they will tell you that's you can't wear this, you can't There are some places they will tell you that's you can't wear this, you can't do this, a male should not come visit, this, that's and bla bla bla....

Some organisation will tell you to put on tight cloths, mini skirts to promote their product and bring customers. If it's okay by you, tell them and if otherwise, tell them to reject you.

So you might need to ask existing corpers stylishly if they have any funny rules here.

They will issue you an acceptance latter after all agreement. And you will take the letter to your ZI.

Then you can now go home and come back after the stipulated day.

Do not be too anxious, this is where you will spend the rest of your 11 months. You are not meant to endure, you are meant to enjoy.

Goodmorning..Awaiting Corps member...

7 Likes

Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Yhemit(m): 12:16pm On Oct 29, 2017
OVERCOMERS #
Please I need your help oo
Can someone lists all documents needed for camp.

is O'level results there?
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Yhemit(m): 12:16pm On Oct 29, 2017
OVERCOMERS #
Please I need your help oo
Can someone lists all documents needed for camp.

is O'level results there?
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 29, 2017
irenosen22:

I hv been around dear.me that was praying 4 ogun they made me choose kwara delta kaduna ondo.wat abt u?

We have Kaduna in common.

I chose Abuja, Lagos, Rivers and Kaduna.
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Equations(m): 12:36pm On Oct 29, 2017
Mightyify:

I thought it was only me.....Only northern state was on my third choice. Does anyone has a clue what that means?

By the way, here's my chosen states

Abuja

Lagos

Kano

Akwa ibom

I think the states available to each choice is based on an Algorithm which is programmed into the system. my choices are almost same with yours: Abuja, Lagos, Kano, Anambra
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by iamawara(m): 12:40pm On Oct 29, 2017
hausadreturn:

Thank you very much.
I think you've said it all. Light and water....very basic.
But then, i can imagine Sokoto being a peaceful state or the most peaceful state in Nigeria. I lived in Damaturu, Yobe state, and i must say (after living in Lagos, UNN campus & staying @ Onitsha) that it was the most peaceful state in Nigeria. I walk around as late as 2am, and sometimes sef, the luxury bus from Onitsha can stop us as early as 4:15am, and despite the total darkness plus luggage being carried, i still walk straight to my house without even looking back for caution. Nobody even cares who the hell you are or where the hell you're going or coming from.

Then it happened...Nov. 4, 2011.
Lickety split, i lost a friend and 2 (dads) of a classmate and another friend. It was a day in Damaturu residents will never forget cry cry cry.
I have not gone to the North ever since. Even my friends parents that have houses that 3 different people will be begging to build 3 houses in Lagos, had to sell them off and relocate.
Subsequently they started all these 6am to 4pm, 6am to 6pm and 6am to 9pm curfew. These are things i dont know in my life.
Going to a school like OAU didnt help matters. There you can walk around from 6am till the next morning. I didnt see myself living a curfew life...my mama go just get heart-attack. Some of my friends have returned though, back to school (Fedpodam, and Yobe State Uni.,), while others have returned to business. But it's a bye-bye to the North-East till further notice.
Make i taste North-West.

Seat of the Caliphate things.
I hope i get that opportunity. grin grin grin

Wow. Sorry for the lost bro. May their Soul rest in peace amen.

Ever since I was born here, we'hv never heard of curfew or what ever. Once it's 12:00 am peeps don enter house to sleep, once it's 10:30-11 you see police and other security agencies taking position to take over the night for us. It's a peaceful state bro. And the last part u mentioned 'opportunity" you know Sokoto is not an industrial State honestly, most Corpers will just come and go ni, but I don't know the kind of job u kinda want sha
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by iamawara(m): 12:45pm On Oct 29, 2017
Miaanita:
Hello house, when I wanted to submit my application, during the process after clicking on submission I got "Error detected" , then after I picked the states again and wanted to submit , I got "Matric number already registered" though I was able to print my slip with all my details correctly on the slip together with my call up number and also my status is changed to "Mobilised" already...

Pls does that mean am registered already.. Or should I go ahead to create another account

No need to register again. U have been registered.... In as much as u have seen ur call up number then everything is OK. U can't get to the call up stage if u have not select states. By d way did they show u the "states visited" on ur green card? I mean the state visited which u selected ?
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 29, 2017
irenosen22:

Edo fall on u grin
Hehehehe... It will be ok, cos it close but I want Kano from those options o.
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by iamawara(m): 12:50pm On Oct 29, 2017
Equations:

I think the states available to each choice is based on an Algorithm which is programmed into the system. my choices are almost same with yours: Abuja, Lagos, Kano, Anambra

Yeh, and also, if u see that it means u are from the same catchment area or very close,, if you school in Ilorin and illorin is ur state of origin then u can't get/see Ilorin as ur 1,2,3 or 4th choice.
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Equations(m): 1:09pm On Oct 29, 2017
iamawara:

Yeh, and also, if u see that it means u are from the same catchment area or very close,, if you school in Ilorin and illorin is ur state of origin then u can't get/see Ilorin as ur 1,2,3 or 4th choice.

Yea. I am from delta state and schooled in Edo state. I didn't see any of the South south states in my options.
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by iamawara(m): 1:15pm On Oct 29, 2017
Equations:

Yea. I am from delta state and schooled in Edo state. I didn't see any of the South south states in my options.

I was complaining to one of my friend that is from Kebbi State, but schooled in Sokoto that I was not given Lagos and Abuja in any of my choices, so he told it's very heard for me to see those States, it's just luck, even though I was given some North Central states to choose, nothing like abj showed up. No qualms Sha. I love Kaduna and also love Delta State, I wan to hear correct pidgin and also see Dem big big girls lol grin cheesy
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Miserablemee: 1:21pm On Oct 29, 2017
I don't know how true it's.
Oluwasanmi18:
lolz...like seriously!!
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by kcy(m): 1:38pm On Oct 29, 2017
iamawara:

No need to register again. U have been registered.... In as much as u have seen ur call up number then everything is OK. U can't get to the call up stage if u have not select states. By d way did they show u the "states visited" on ur green card? I mean the state visited which u selected ?
wat if my status on the senate list is not showing matric number is in use and if I try to register on the portal e still accept my matric no
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Miaanita(f): 1:52pm On Oct 29, 2017
Are you sure you did register cos mine is showing Matrix number in use and its showing me the email I used in registering
kcy:

wat if my status on the senate list is not showing matric number is in use and if I try to register on the portal e still accept my matric no
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Miaanita(f): 1:55pm On Oct 29, 2017
Yes I can, have only visited two states in my life which I filled
iamawara:

Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by Equations(m): 1:56pm On Oct 29, 2017
iamawara:

I was complaining to one of my friend that is from Kebbi State, but schooled in Sokoto that I was not given Lagos and Abuja in any of my choices, so he told it's very heard for me to see those States, it's just luck, even though I was given some North Central states to choose, nothing like abj showed up. No qualms Sha. I love Kaduna and also love Delta State, I wan to hear correct pidgin and also see Dem big big girls lol grin cheesy

Lool... nice. Do u wanna serve in Delta state? it's a nice place.
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by kcy(m): 1:59pm On Oct 29, 2017
Miaanita:
Are you sure you did register cos mine is showing Matrix number in use and its showing me the email I used in registering
that's the problem I have been trying to rectify no solution yet, I have registered and I have gotten my call up number
Re: Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members by iamawara(m): 2:37pm On Oct 29, 2017
kcy:

Honestly I have never heard of that issue. But did u register? After putting ur matric/admission number during registration did they show u ur name, school, class or dree and course of study before u proceed to the registration? And were u able to print ur green card? If yes u are good to go, because without green card u can't be cleared at the camp for registration. That call up number is what they use to signify that u have registered on the portal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (183) (Reply)

Post All Problems Relating To JAMB Regularization Here - Let's Treat Them / NYSC Batch A 2013 House / NYSC 2013 Batch B House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.