Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:26 AM

Dear Umaru Musa Yar'adua, When You Were Around We Called You - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Umaru Musa Yar'adua, When You Were Around We Called You (512 Views)

Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 69th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 / Meet Late Musa Yar'adua's Daughters, All Married To Former State Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Umaru Musa Yar'adua, When You Were Around We Called You by losak9111(m): 3:11pm On Apr 16, 2017
Dear Umaru Musa Yar'Adua, when you were around we called you: The BAD one. The SLOW ONE. The SICK ONE.
Yes, you were sick, in fact, sick all through your administration. We all cried for your resignation at the height of your sickness. Cursing you, your first lady and your supporters (The first set of Cabals).
Asking you to die if you want to die and allow the man with all the Goodluck in this world to lead us.
We forgot that even though you were sick, you were the first Governor to have ever declared his assets publicly and you remained the only President in the history of Nigeria to have ever declare his assets publicly.
We conveniently forgot that even though you were gravely sick you were the first president to ever reduced the price of petrol in Nigeria, (From N75 to N70 and later from N70 to N65) and the economy did not collapse like the present leaders are making us believe. You even reversed the sale of our refineries.
We forgot that you didn't afflict yourself with your sickness and so could do very little about it. But we still insisted that you just have to go, so that Nigeria can finally have her chance with Goodluck.
We forgot that even though you were terminally ill, you still succeeded in solving the Niger Delta crisis which you didn't cause, but you found a solution. And even crushed d first Boko Haram uprising and caught its leader.
You gave us rule of Law, Ameachi reclaimed his mandate as Rivers governor, Andy Uba lost in court and was removed as Anambra State's Governor. Oni lost in Ekiti and was removed, Agagu lost in Ondo and was removed, Osunbor lost in Edo and was removed even though they are all
members of your party
(PDP).
Now we have seen what a healthy president has done with the country.
His Excellency President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua, may your Soul Rest in Perfect Peace.
We will forever remember you and your leadership.
Sincerely, share Around If you sincerely Care for the New Change IN Nigeria.
— feeling sad.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Umaru Musa Yar'adua, When You Were Around We Called You by azimibraun: 3:14pm On Apr 16, 2017
Classic!!!!! How did i manage preventing tears from gushing down? I hope i dont end up breaking down after all. My only joy was that, i genuinely empathysed with him while he was alive. I am just wondering how traumatic it would have been for me, if i had cursed and wished him death while he was alive and sick. God i thank you for that. Op great piece.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Umaru Musa Yar'adua, When You Were Around We Called You by blessme2019(m): 3:20pm On Apr 16, 2017
Umaru didn't have a terminal illness.

1 Like

Re: Dear Umaru Musa Yar'adua, When You Were Around We Called You by azimibraun: 3:31pm On Apr 16, 2017
blessme2019:
Umaru didn't have a terminal illness.
For academic purpose, please define a terminal illness using Late great Yaradua as case study. Especially when every cure was sought in some of the best hospitals in the world yet the great leader would bow to the illness and die.

1 Like

Re: Dear Umaru Musa Yar'adua, When You Were Around We Called You by serverconnect(m): 4:08pm On Apr 16, 2017
Op, thank you for the write up. He is the best president Nigeria had ever elected, i can attest to that. He is known as president of 'due process' All his electoral promises are been fulfilled one after the other. RIP to President due process.

1 Like

Re: Dear Umaru Musa Yar'adua, When You Were Around We Called You by FriendNG: 5:44pm On Apr 16, 2017
May Allah grant His Excellence Umar Musa (GCFR) RahimahulLAH Jannatul Firdausil A'ala

2 Likes

Re: Dear Umaru Musa Yar'adua, When You Were Around We Called You by blessme2019(m): 5:50pm On Apr 16, 2017
azimibraun:
For academic purpose, please define a terminal illness using Late great Yaradua as case study. Especially when every cure was sought in some of the best hospitals in the world yet the great leader would bow to the illness and die.

For Academic Purposes, Terminal illness is a disease that cannot be cured or adequately treated and that is reasonably expected to result in the death of the patient within a short period of time.
With respect to the "Late Great Yaradua, I wouldn't know, but that of his son Umaru, who was our former President Umaru never had any terminal disease.

The disease he was diagnosed with and also led to his untimely death was a curable one.

1 Like

Re: Dear Umaru Musa Yar'adua, When You Were Around We Called You by Manbryto(m): 5:59pm On Apr 16, 2017
It was curable and he stik died,that is beside the point. This writing was soul searching and the ex president will forever be remembered

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Governor Ajimobi Attends Nigeria-china Governors Investment Forum / 12 States Owe Salaries Despite Bailout -vanguard / Who Is Afraid Of Andy Uba?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.