Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Sahara Reporters: Good Or Bad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sahara Reporters: Good Or Bad (3351 Views)

Poll: Sahara Reporters:

Good, Factual Journalism: 26% (5 votes)
Bad, Divisive Tabloid: 73% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

DSS Agents Stole Saraki's Money - Sahara Reporters / Abubakar Audu Is Dead - Sahara Reporters / Adeola Of Sahara Reporters And President Buhari Take A Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sahara Reporters: Good Or Bad by Choco5: 10:28pm On Jan 01, 2010
As a concerned and proud citizen of Nigeria I used to visit their site regularly, but nowadays I notice that they only have negative news and views on Nigeria.
I used to trust them for informed news but now they just seem biased. Even to the point that they said Nduka Obaigbena was peeping into Beyonce's shirt!  grin
http://www.saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_rsgallery2&Itemid=435&page=inline&gid=7&id=311

They are really becoming like Sun or PM News and they need to get to reporting facts and not just opinions and Beyonce bosom stories!Its like they are just using my clicks for Google Ad money.
Abi kilon feel?
Re: Sahara Reporters: Good Or Bad by SEFAGO(m): 10:30pm On Jan 01, 2010
Hilarious, but i no go lie, see where the guys eyes were going- who blames him?
Re: Sahara Reporters: Good Or Bad by Choco5: 10:45pm On Jan 01, 2010
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-374471.0.html

take a look at this as well
SR has started getting news from Facebook pages.
Maybe your own photos will be taken from Facebook if your namesake commits a crime.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Good Or Bad by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jan 01, 2010
Choco5:

As a concerned and proud citizen of Nigeria I used to visit their site regularly, but nowadays I notice that they only have negative news and views on Nigeria.
I used to trust them for informed news but now they just seem biased. Even to the point that they said Nduka Obaigbena was peeping into Beyonce's shirt! grin
http://www.saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_rsgallery2&Itemid=435&page=inline&gid=7&id=311

They are really becoming like Sun or PM News and they need to get to reporting facts and not just opinions and Beyonce bosom stories!Its like they are just using my clicks for Google Ad money.
Abi kilon feel?

My guy PLEASE name one good story that has come out of Nigeria in the past one and a half years that needs to be announced to the rest of the world. the answer is there is absolutely NONE

name 10 BAD things that Nigeria has been in the news for and i will name more than that number:

james ibori being discharge by high court in delta
nigeria parading over aged players for under 17
nigeria's epileptic power supply
ericsoon, siemens and power scandals
hillary clinton's comment on Nigeria and fighting corruption
barack obama's comment on nigeria when he visited ghana
nigeria's being caught on daily basis in other countries for criminal actd
nigeria's rate of kidnapping all across the country
senate and house of rep members fighting over trivial issues (in order to distract nigerians)
election rigging in ekiti and other state
appeal courts nullifying election offices from politicians every now and then
ribadu and el-rufia being witch hunted because they know too much about this government
baba gana kingibe being sacked as the SFG 'cus he wasnt able to tell a lie for the government
AGF covering up for corrupt office holders and delaying law suites
giving amnesty to militants and paying them x5 of what you pay grduates in ministries
TSUNAMI IN THE BANKING,TELECOMS and OTHER SECTORS
THE PRESIDENT NOT ON SIT FOR ALMOST A MONTH (without its citizens knowing the truth state of his health)
the vice president being sidelined
AFRICA's ONLY OSAMA BINLADIN (umar farouk AbdulMutalib), and so many more

if the guy dey peep into biyonse 'baracks' make them say e no peep? forget this old men oh! they are like muroons when they see a fine girl .

SAHARA REPORTERS get their news from direct government sourse.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Good Or Bad by 18platoon(m): 11:25pm On Jan 01, 2010
@poster
No matter wot, SR have made their mark and are doing their homework very well. so my answer to your question is GOOD.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Good Or Bad by MrCrackles(m): 11:30pm On Jan 01, 2010
18 platoon:

@poster
No matter wot, SR have made their mark and are doing their homework very well. so my answer to your question is GOOD.
Thank you. . . .
Re: Sahara Reporters: Good Or Bad by mamagee3(f): 11:32pm On Jan 01, 2010
They are Bad! tongue
Re: Sahara Reporters: Good Or Bad by 18platoon(m): 1:11am On Jan 02, 2010
@mama-gee.
USA= united states of ajegunle.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Good Or Bad by puskin: 2:36am On Jan 02, 2010
They are just there although their stories have started to become a lil' twisted these days.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Good Or Bad by Choco5: 3:17am On Jan 02, 2010
Poll Just added.
What y'all think?
Re: Sahara Reporters: Good Or Bad by Choco5: 4:20am On Jan 02, 2010
5 votes in, 3 against Sahara Reporters??
Re: Sahara Reporters: Good Or Bad by Abeem(m): 4:42am On Jan 02, 2010
As far as I am concerned, I think Sahara Reporters are doing a marvelous job with their fearless brand of journalism. Driven by a burning fire of patriotism, SR seeks to expose corruption and graft with a view to reducing their incidence and influence in our body politic. They also provides a platform for commentators to express their views on the issues of interest and the ills plaguing the country, and by so doing, they are sensitizing Nigerians to give those corrupt leaders a piece of their mind, which I am sure they read. If anyone thinks they don't read articles poster on SR website, the person is mistaken. For proof, read this:
Yesterday, our efforts to speak with Nigeria’s Minister of Information, Dora Akunyili, degenerated into a fight as she lashed out at Saharareporters for placing a supposedly uncomplimentary photo of her on our website.  She told our reporter that she thought after she wrote a rejoinder regarding the NTA  8.2 billion scam, she had a “deal” with us.
http://www.saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4688:2009-12-31-21-44-48&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18
If anybody feels SR is bad, don't just say they are bad. Give reasons why you feel they are bad.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Good Or Bad by Nobody: 6:30am On Jan 02, 2010
18 platoon:

@mama-gee.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Sahara Reporters: Good Or Bad by Kobojunkie: 6:35am On Jan 02, 2010
@Poster, your poll suggests that Nigerian journalists have access to FACTUAL data on Nigeria. I ask you this, in a country where the minister of information is willing to tell you BOLD FACED lies of your government, and instances, completely ignore your right to know of, and about your own government, how can you expect this?

A majority of the news we get from Nigeria are manufactured in the rumor mills. I am personally not a fan of any Nigerian news media, as a good number of the stories from these sources are, to a great extent, unbelievable, but I acknowledge that these agencies have limited access to data and information, and are somewhat forced to make up the rest as they go.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Good Or Bad by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 02, 2010
with the picture of abdulmutllab fiasco, they lost any credibility they may have had.

have they issued an apolpgy ?

i hope y'all realise it could just as well have been the picture of any of us they released to the world as a terrorist.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Good Or Bad by ChapelleS: 5:46pm On Jan 02, 2010
Don't mistakes happen? Sahara reporters is marvelous as long as information dissemination is concerned. They should learn to report facts and improve on the strides that they have achieved so far.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Good Or Bad by paddyboi: 6:20pm On Jan 02, 2010
those fools are not reporters but fantasy writers. . .
they should all go join fellow scriptwriters in hollywood studios
Re: Sahara Reporters: Good Or Bad by Abeem(m): 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2010
oyb:

with the picture of abdulmutllab fiasco, they lost any credibility they may have had.

have they issued an apolpgy ?

i hope y'all realise it could just as well have been the picture of any of us they released to the world as a terrorist.
What credibility? Since when has publishing pictures as part of information dissemination become a taboo! You are entitled to your opinion but have you forgotten so soon that Umaru Mutallab deliberately drew the attention of the world to himself by his singular and unpopular act to kill innocent peoples? It is our collective responsibility to expose dangerous elements in our society if we must make progress as a nation. Attitude like yours foster criminality. I don't think Umaru Mutallab deserves to have his identity hidden from anyone.  He made himself the cynosure of all eyes for his devilish act. Are you saying the world will not get his picture one way or the other? You may argue that posting Umar picture offended your sensibilities but that argument sounds puerile.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Good Or Bad by vigasimple(m): 7:23pm On Jan 02, 2010
VERY GOOD, BETTER THAN THE BEST WE HAVE IN NIGERIA.

There is no freedom of press in Nigeria for so many reasons, and a lot of them get compromised or owned by the politicians.

We should have a public owned, as in a PLC media houses to research news and report objectively.

In the kingdom of the blind, one eyed man is the KIng.

Without S.R , most information that the local press have cannot be published. The government tells too much lies that even lying by any other media is very insignificant, infact those'lies' are likely to be true.

Consider this news from Nigerian Press ' President Yar A'dull is playing football' in Saudi Arabia.  without the pictures, and video footage as it is done elsewhere, anyone can come and said he found him doing street fighting, and they may be wrong but likely to be believed.

BIG LIES make small lies insignificant. you gerrit?
Re: Sahara Reporters: Good Or Bad by Choco5: 7:38pm On Jan 02, 2010
The poll and other comments say more think SR is a tabloid. . . maybe SR is not so objective and popular?
Re: Sahara Reporters: Good Or Bad by kuramo: 7:59pm On Jan 02, 2010
If one has to be objective and candid. It is very clear that Sahara Reporters have shown they have the ability to obtain important stories with national public interest from credible sources even within the nucleus of the Nigerian government, when you examine all the stories they've published it's easy to see they have got the majority of them right. 

No news organisation is immune from making mistakes especially in the present internet age and the rapid speed of information dissemination .  We must also be aware of their limited resources compared to more established online and offline news outlets.

My conclusion is that for all their shortcomings and mistakes, Sahara Reporters are still the best we have for now until proven otherwise.  It is very uncharitable to compare Sahara Reporters with PM news or other Nigerian tabloid news outlets.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Good Or Bad by Nobody: 12:08am On Jan 03, 2010
Abeem:

What credibility? Since when has publishing pictures as part of information dissemination become a taboo! You are entitled to your opinion but have you forgotten so soon that Umaru Mutallab deliberately drew the attention of the world to himself by his singular and unpopular act to kill innocent peoples? It is our collective responsibility to expose dangerous elements in our society if we must make progress as a nation. Attitude like yours foster criminality. I don't think Umaru Mutallab deserves to have his identity hidden from anyone.  He made himself the cynosure of all eyes for his devilish act. Are you saying the world will not get his picture one way or the other? You may argue that posting Umar picture offended your sensibilities but that argument sounds puerile.

you are clearly highlighting your stark ignorance of the facts

sahara reporters initially put up a picture of the wrong person as abdul mutallab

perhaps if it had been your picture they put up, you'd understand where i'm coming from tongue
Re: Sahara Reporters: Good Or Bad by mamagee3(f): 12:34am On Jan 03, 2010
18 platoon:

@mama-gee.

You must be a Fuc.ktard!

(1) (Reply)

Neglect Of Real Sector Ruined Nigeria, Says Sanusi / Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? / EFCC Foils Attempt To Scam Foreign Firm With Fake Power Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.