Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,922 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? (3344 Views)

Poll: is GEJ's popularity winding down on Facebook?

Yes: 65% (41 votes)
No: 34% (22 votes)
This poll has ended

Why Is Buhari Rising In Popularity?---Punch Newspaper / GEJ Popularity Survey. / Why Is Gej Popularity Dwindling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by expert1(m): 9:33pm On Jan 06, 2011
I observed that nowadays GEJ will need to beg you to like his page.
What's your comment on this?
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by IbroYaya: 9:52pm On Jan 06, 2011
Big lie Guy!
Go and check his last post and check the rate at which it was liked.
Infact GEJ actually got the class of people he wanted through facebook.
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by expert1(m): 10:18pm On Jan 06, 2011
His last post was refering to Atiku. As at now he got 349 comments and 358 likes. Unlike before he uses to get attention. Even majority of the comments is not in his Favour.
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by Abagworo(m): 10:40pm On Jan 06, 2011
expert1:

His last post was refering to Atiku. As at now he got 349 comments and 358 likes. Unlike before he uses to get attention. Even majority of the comments is not in his Favour.

I noticed that almost 70% of the comments were against him quite unlike previously he usually got 90% support.The irony is that even more were against Atiku.This means that both GEJ and Atiku are not the people's choice.
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 06, 2011
True talk, I too have noticed his waning facebook popularity!
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by ekubear1: 12:33am On Jan 07, 2011
Heh, interesting.
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by aljharem11(m): 12:39am On Jan 07, 2011
Abagworo:

I noticed that almost 70% of the comments were against him quite unlike previously he usually got 90% support.The irony is that even more were against Atiku.This means that both GEJ and Atiku are not the people's choice.

thank you, we in nigeria know what we want,,,all that beaf and ola edo,,,,, onlytruth etc have been saying is all lies and ignorant, i tell you most of us want buhari and fashola or dora or iwean,,,,

but it is sad cry that GEJ might still win due to rigging
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by jason123: 1:01am On Jan 07, 2011
alj harem1:

thank you, we in nigeria know what we want,,,all that beaf and ola edo,,,,, onlytruth etc have been saying is all lies and ignorant, i tell you most of us want buhari and fashola or dora or iwean,,,,

but it is sad cry that GEJ might still win due to rigging

Do not feel sad. It is inevitable, GJ WOULD RIG THE ELECTION.THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE IS BUHARI!!!! UP ACN!!!
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by expert1(m): 9:11am On Jan 07, 2011
I suggest GEJ should take it easy with his posting. Even if he wanna post it should be something innovative and not political.
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 07, 2011
It all depends on what time you view his posts. If you view it 24hrs after, you may just be amazed at the number of responses. A vivid picture of his popularity is by measuring the rate of growth of his 'likers'
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 07, 2011
Ibro Yaya:

Big lie Guy!
Go and check his last post and check the rate at which it was liked.
Infact GEJ actually got the class of people he wanted through facebook.

i'm inclined to agree. most of the supporters on nl come off as teeny boppers who are easily swayed by poor attempts at online oration
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by 190: 11:44am On Jan 07, 2011
who is goodlooks jonantan
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by cjekezie: 11:53am On Jan 07, 2011
undecided?
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by JUO(m): 11:54am On Jan 07, 2011
he has decided to take part in election rigging
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by cjekezie: 12:08pm On Jan 07, 2011
its not the thruth jonatan is a good man and a child of destiny.
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by axeman85(m): 12:08pm On Jan 07, 2011
A lot of people that are liking his staus on facebook are not in par with reality, majority just come and run their mouths on there praising him, and hailing him in all sorts of ways. i wonder, no be say when he shares the loot with them. if actually annonying when the guys updates his status and people come and say rubbish like up gej, gej for president . some of them are either poverty stricken minded people, educated illiterates and those who havent seen life from another angle the right way.

personally i added him as a friend so i can make my comments known not that it will count anyway BUT i am  ABSOLUTELY AND TOTALLY AGAINST HIS RULING AS HE IS HIGHLY INCOMPETENT AND NOT CAPABLE AND CRIMINAL MINDED INDIVIDUAL. EG. LOOK AT THE CURRENT HAPPENING IN DELTA DELTA STATE ELECTION WITH MASSIVE RIGGING AND THE IDIOTIC GUY IS ASKING PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR UDUAGAN WHO IS A LOOTER.
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by omobamital(f): 12:56pm On Jan 07, 2011
@ Expert1,what do u mean by that?,let's be factual about whatever we post in here.
For me o,I did not c any page whereby GEJ beg people to write on his post.
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by Kentus(f): 1:12pm On Jan 07, 2011
Is this a joke or what? Do some people honestly think GEJ has the time or interest to comment or read their comments on facebook?
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by axeman85(m): 1:15pm On Jan 07, 2011
Kentus:

Is this a joke or what? Do some people honestly think GEJ has the time or interest to comment or read their comments on facebook?
well said. he doesnt even go near it i doubt it even if he knows how to log into fbook. am sure its his Pa on facebook duties that does all the postings and charade
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by PapaBrowne(m): 2:26pm On Jan 07, 2011
expert1:

Really Anyways, below is pictoral evidence showing 3400 comments on the post you refer to!! Jonathan is still as popular as ever. What his opponents were supposed to do was to field very popular candidates, but no, they had their eyes on the theiving Atiku and terrorist Babangida or coupist Buhari. What happened to the likes of Marwa, El Rufai et al?

Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by anonimi: 3:07pm On Jan 07, 2011
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM (and/or email) and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by maasoap(m): 4:19pm On Jan 07, 2011
If any presidential candidate should declare zero tolerance for corruption on a serious note, he will surely get my vote because that's all what I need to hear. Without putting a stop to corruption in Nigeria, don't expect any meaningful development for the next fifty generations.
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by Fhemmmy: 4:45pm On Jan 07, 2011
I think it is cos he is only using the medium to broadcast and hardly allow u to talk back
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by comechop(m): 4:50pm On Jan 07, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Really Anyways, below is pictoral evidence showing 3400 comments on the post you refer to!! Jonathan is still as popular as ever. What his opponents were supposed to do was to field very popular candidates, but no, they had their eyes on the theiving Atiku and terrorist Babangida or coupist Buhari. What happened to the likes of Marwa, El Rufai et al?

Dont mind these clowns on NL.
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by redsun(m): 4:57pm On Jan 07, 2011
Gej was and is never popular,it is just d facebook fever that gets hold of peeps most times,just to belong.
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by Xomba(m): 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2011
Head or tail he is stil d bump 4 now
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by MaJBlige(f): 7:30pm On Jan 07, 2011
Shouldnt some people just die once they proclaim falsehood?

Where has GEJ begged anyone to like his page on FB?
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by expert1(m): 7:45pm On Jan 07, 2011
@M_J_Blige; GEJ doesn't need to prostrate before you know that he needs traffic on his page. Am not Anti-GEJ though, if his posting is captivating enough, I suggest he should stop using 'Please Like this Post' stuffs. Anyways I strongly believe he is not the Real One behind the Page, probably it is one of his PAs or SAs. But all is credit to him (the good & the bad)
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by NumberOne2(m): 11:13pm On Jan 07, 2011
He doesn't have to be popular on fb. I DARE any Nigerian politician to go on fb. Imagine OBJ or IBB on fb. They'll get so many reports that fb will close their accounts. Guys leave fb, register and vote. eod.
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by Sharonf(f): 12:22am On Jan 08, 2011
If you actually READ some of these comments you'll see how unpopular he is becoming!
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by Danni2: 1:23am On Jan 08, 2011
IF JONATHAN BEGINS TO DISCUSS ISSUES THAT MATTER FOR ORDINARY NIGERIANS, LIKE EDUCATION, EMPLOYMENT, HEALTHCARE, POWER SUPPLY, WITH HONEST DETERMINATION TO CARRY OUT RECOMMENDATIONS, HIS POPULARITY WILL SUDDENLY SURGE IN FB. NIGERIANS KNOW BETTER NOW. NO ONE CAN JUST COME ON FB AND TALK RUBBISH AND EXPECT PEOPLE TO TAKE HIM SERIOUSLY. MOST NIGERIAN POLITICIANS HAVE NO CLUE ON WHAT TO DO TO DEVELOP THE SOCIETY,
Re: Is Gej's Popularity Winding Down On Facebook? by calaway: 3:09am On Jan 08, 2011
@Abagworo & co.

Those asking for Buhari should look at his qualties as shown below and tell us if he is the right man to lead a democratically elected government.

1. He is a man who believes in the bullying and enforcing his way. A gentleman man military person will only criticize a bad government and never use the gun placed in his hand by the country to seize power from a democratically elected governemt NPN rather than wait for the nxt eletion year to make a positive chnge. I say he was looking for an excuse to seize power all the while ad saw it in 1983 and now he want another shot at their birth right. The military is not the only carrer in Nigeria even the civil service is a career except duties and kitting all are national service and nobody has a right to chance the other. This man has shown that he does not respect democracy and so can never make a good democratic leadr.

2.True men of integrity and principle The likes of Chinua Achebe will not even accept awrds from democratic governments found wanting by his standards but BUhari accepted a position within the criminal tyrannical dictatorship government of abacha. The is no moral beacon in this man he is just a soldier of fortune.

3. Buhari does not respect the right of every Nigerian to freedom of worship or the integrity of Nigeria as a circular state as he initiated the membership of Nigeria in the organisation of islamic countries. He waas a strong advocate of sharia law during the OBJ regime.

4. Buhari is an ethno biased individual. During his coup in 1983 he placed Shagari a fellow northerner under luxurious house arrest and sent Ekwueme (a known innocent nd upright man)to Kirikiri maximum secrity prison for months.

GEJ still has a clean trck. lets give him the mandate after his region has been deprived of any leadership since independence. Despit the fact thqt we dont like him , the man is trying.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Desperate Wannabe Mrs Oluremi Tinubu / Why Nigerian Cant Have A Northern President Come 2015 / Did Achebe Actually Insult The Yorubas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.