Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) - Literature (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) (97596 Views)

Ndidi And The Telekinesis Man (A Fantasy Romance Novella By Kayode Odusanya) / Supernaculars [the Renascence] A Sci-fantasy Novel / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 11:11am On Nov 08, 2017
Matrycx:
apollux man 3 gbosa 4 u, so sad meera and khen had to die bt dats what makes the story more interesting,
I hope this is the end of mibazzar, but one thing i like about him is that he will go to any length to get what he wants,
one question that i keep asking myself is that
WHO IS MIBAZZAR?
Lol, that is the most important question of this whole story.... And em the answer is already available. I think you all already know the answer... But well let me keep it a secret until the right time
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 11:15am On Nov 08, 2017
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

Outside the temple tower, a considerable number of people have gathered despite the lateness of the hour due to the unusual events that seem to be happening this night. Those that had been the first to notice the anomaly, were the high priest. Despite their intense meditation and concentration on their most sacred duties during the initiation ceremony, the use of powerful spells had been strong enough to penetrate their consciousness. The continued use of the spells have also drawn the attention not of just ordinary priests but of senior disciples too. The initiation ceremony had to be put on hold as the magical power been use were strong enough to interrupted and disrupted the smooth order of the initiation process. The high priests, priests and disciples had ran out of the initiation hall to investigate what was throwing up such huge amount of power. The high priests were the first to discover that it was all coming from the temple tower. As they raced there been followed closely by the priests and disciples, they discovered a very potent shield is covering the tower. Every attempts made to force the shield apart with very potent magic and spells, had fail. Their efforts were stopped when they realized the nature of the shield covering the tower, that unless they know the specific sequence used in setting up the shield, it will be impossible to open. So they decided to stay back and watch preparing to confront what ever comes out of the tower when the shield finally runs its course and goes off. The high priests directed the priests and disciples to be strategically placed all around the tower to prevent anyone from escaping. They directed some other senior and ordinary disciples to join the guards in surrounding the very wall of the temple to prevent movements. As these arrangements were going, all stopped for a while to stare at a spectacle that was been displayed within the shield around the temple tower, dazzling flashes of multicolored light brightened the night sky in several bravura of rainbow lights. Mild quakes shook the grounds on which the very city of black tower was built.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 11:18am On Nov 08, 2017
Citizens of the city began to sense that something was wrong as the quakes woke them from their sleep. None dared step out of their homes because there is always curfew in the black tower city once the sky gets dark till it brightens again. Only priests, disciples and guards are allowed in the streets once it’s night. Still most too afraid to go back to sleep watched from their windows, eyes fixed on the bright displays over the temple tower.
For below the city in one of the underground tunnels, Jarrael and Gamba been led by Thrace navigated their ways through the myriad of criss crossing tunnels meeting at too many intersections for anyone to really keep track for. But Thrace led the others with the confidence and certainty of one who knows the way. Jarrael’s mind was numb and cold. The passing of Khen didn’t register as anything more than a dull ache easily relegated to the background of his mind. At the moment nothing mattered to him, the only thing that had rekindled the feeling of humanity in him was gone. Once again he has gone back to being a loner without a care in this world. His companions now no longer matter to him except as means for him to get out of this place. Still his single desire to vent his wrath on Tarikh burned brightly as ever before and on a lesser degree, Ruel will feel part of it as been indirectly responsible for the death of his sister.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 11:24am On Nov 08, 2017
Several quakes which shook the tunnels they were running in yanked Jarrael away from his introspection. Dust, sands and tiny chips of stones fell from cracks that suddenly appeared at the top of the tunnels.
“Those are earthquakes, howbeit mild ones. “ Thrace said as he led them on. “Whatever it is, I strongly hope it stops soon, because the last part we will be taken to get out of these holes is through an old abandoned mine that this quake may cause to have a cave in. “
Just then they got to a sudden end to the tunnels in the form of a wide hole with a dark opening that glared like a black eye at them.
“This is one of the hole leading to the mine. “ Thrace pointed at the hole bringing the floating ball closer. It’s light revealed that the hole had footholds as much as the light can reveal. It also shows several bones of humans almost turning to dust due to being here for a long time. “The little I could garnered from the book is that a mine was started somewhere from a far distance from the black tower city to mine what was initially thought to be a rich vein for iron ore. But little iron was gotten to justify the mining venture. Those who owned the mine had then dug too deep and long and unknowingly had venture too close to the walls of black tower city. It didn’t matter that miners were deep under ground, the black tower city’s magical defenses had gotten to them and slayed all the miners involved. The mine had been abandoned since then. This is our was out of the black tower. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 11:33am On Nov 08, 2017
Thrace climbed down quickly holding the footholds and the other two joining him. Soon they got to a part of the hole which joined to another that levels off vertically with an even surface. Most of the beams and pillars erected to hold the shafts surface having rotted away over the centuries. The heat in this part of the underground mine was thick with humidity on the earth. The dry sandstone walls had parts that looked like bricked surface, with crystalline appearance that suggest another type of possible mineral vein undiscovered yet. The smooth surfaces were wet with tiny drops of water. Somewhere close by under the arid surface should be an underground water body
The silence within the mine shafts would have been deafening if not for the reechoing sounds their steps was making with the floating ball of light offering them precious illumination.
“What is the nature of the defense that was put in place in this mine which took out the miners? “ Jarrael asked, his voice sounding hollow and reverberating as if from several lips, as his feet touch another set of skeletal remains and the brittle bones crunching to dust.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 11:37am On Nov 08, 2017
“From the little I have been able to piece together, it was a shadow spell. “ Thrace replied his voice taking on the same characteristics with that of Jarrael. “Well it is a shapeless mass of blackness that suddenly attacks its victims, covering, snatching their lives from them and all moisture from the bodies. “
“So any possibility that the said defenses are no longer in effect for now ? “
“Hardly Jarrael. “ Thrace answered casually as he walked along carefully. “That spell was made centuries ago and may have weathered away over time. Besides since it achieved the goals of keeping people from accessing the mines, the priests of Nemphis may not have bothered to renew it. But don’t worry the spell is really no threat to a magic user since it is so easy to dispel. “
Thrace was proven wrong not long after as suddenly the temperature within the shafts plummeted and started to feel icy cold. Mist of cold steam flew out of Thrace mouth as he tried to call out a warning which came in too late. Just beyond the light edge provided by the floating sphere, was perpetual darkness. But just as the surroundings became cold, something darker than darkness seem to writhe and convulse, an inky blackness taking shape and forming an aphotic silhouette. With rapid abruptness, they were all covered in the inky blackness even the floating light sphere vanished amidst the rushing darkness, that assumed a life of its own immersing the three of them. All warmth was being drained from their flesh, the blood within their veins started to congeal and every orifice in their bodies was been penetrated by the darkness. It didn’t just attacked their bodies, their minds also suffered, been assaulted by images of their fears, filling them up with hopelessness of which the darkness spell was made up of. It was all the more made worse that their strength was also stolen, so they couldn’t scream, it was like a thousand torture on every side that the only relief that would have been possible, which is to cry out was also taken away.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by tunjilomo(m): 11:39am On Nov 08, 2017
Twist within a twist within a twist.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 11:41am On Nov 08, 2017
Am here. I no try am comot 4 here.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by zelaws: 11:51am On Nov 08, 2017
shocked I am ......
Don't even know what to write...
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 12:02pm On Nov 08, 2017
Thrace fared better than his companions, he was already half way through a counter spell when the darkness hit. Though he felt the vertigo the darkness attack on the mind produces, still it wasn’t as bad as the other two. His innate magic gave him a measure of protection. Completing the spell, he uttered a single syllable, a flash of brilliant light that competes easily with the sun for brightness flew from around him and instantly dispelling the darkness and the floating light ball came back again.
“I’m sorry for that, the whole thing happened too fast. “ Thrace said as he ran to the others still suffering the after effects of the shadow attack. “Never expected that the darkness spell will still be in effect after all these centuries. “
Shortly as they recovered fully from the attack, a tiny chink appear over there heads in the mine shafts spilling out dust and fine grains of sand.
“Oh this is bad, we have to leave now. “ Thrace said suddenly. After a questioning look from Jarrael, he continued. “The last spell I used in countering the darkness may have unbalanced the mine, I’m afraid, this place may start to cave in anytime from now. We have to run. “
And run they did, their feet hitting the floor of the mines, raising thick dust which chocked the thin air of the place. Just then some distance behind them, they heard the loud sound of stones and sands breaking off the roof of the mine shafts and hitting the ground along with the tortured sounds of broken pillars, weakened due to the passage of time and caving under the heavy weight of loose stones and sand. As they continued to run, they noticed from the continued sounds of rock falls behind them, the cave ins seem to be continuing and chasing them from behind. All they could do was put in more speed to the move of their feet, going as fast as the undulating surface will let them.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 12:07pm On Nov 08, 2017
Now guys get ready for the biggest surprise of this whole story... And that is... Well u just have to patiently wait and read through the next updates grin grin grin
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 12:11pm On Nov 08, 2017
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠
Achron walked slowly through the steps of the dais on which the throne of power was rested, as he got to the throne, he collapsed in it. This was the first time he is wishing the stone polished throne was made a bit comfortable, as his tired body didn’t feel any rest despite sitting on the throne. He may not be willing to openly admit it, but his battle with Mibazar had really drained him. The foolish high priest has been as powerful as he suspected, even surpassing it. It was better that he had to die now if not he would have presented a much bigger threat if Achron had allowed him to go on.
The Arc priest’s weary eyes observed the council chamber, every part bears the scars from the recent battle, except his throne and the statue. Most pillars were broken down as stone golem he had created and Mibazar destroyed, walls and floors cracked open or torn up into pieces. The heavily made council table has been cleft into four parts, most fallen off and the twenty chairs surrounding it, he doubt if up to five had survived as they had all been knocked over, most shattered beyond recognition.
As he sat , going over the battle in his mind, the god stone over his head on the high back of the power throne pulse as the multiple colored light glowing from it wavered, then the changing colors shone at once giving out a rainbow hued kaleidoscope of shifting colors and patterns, pulsating, coalescing into a single spectrum of light that burst from the jewel.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2017
Achron was jilted suddenly from his reverie with the sudden brightness from the god stone. In all the millennia that the god stone has existed, it has never acted like this. His eyes simply went straight to the smoldering ash that was once Mibazar.
“What? “ was all the Arc priest could say as the spectacle before his eyes went beyond anything he had seen or can ever imagine. The strange combined colors of the strange light landed right where the ash pile is creating a twisting tunnel of light. With a violently spinning vortex. The ashes were carried within the vortex turning and twisting then coming together joining and taking a ghostly human form.
“That’s impossible… “Achron said his lips trembling and real fear began to take hold of him for the first time in years. The ghostly image suddenly took the solid form of Mibazar, the hight priest that had been disintegrated by the green death from Achron stood as alive as ever. But something was different this time. The body of the high priest began to increase in size and grow taller. The Arc priest watched in frightening fascination as the face and form of the high priest was changed into something unearthly beautiful and terrifying. The former body of Mibazar continued to increase till it got beyond the height of three tall men and still it went on. As the body increased and the face took on a different appearance, the light flowing from the god stone played over it generating a halo of blazing energy that dwarfed anything Achron or Mibazar had ever been able to conjure.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 12:17pm On Nov 08, 2017
As the size increased, so also the power surrounding it. The energy round the body was throwing off tremendous amount of powerful beams, brighter than the sun and creating a whirlpool of dazzling brightness, a corona of multi colored light of rainbow surrounding the head like a halo. Still the body continued to increase. Achron watch bewildered, his eyes was drawn to the face of the statue increasing person that used to be the dead Mibazar, something familiar about the forming face struck him as totally odd. When the head of the new person was almost to the top of the roof of the council chamber it seem to pause for a while, the blazing energy been thrown off by the being shook the whole tower to it very root. Achron staggered and fell several times, always getting up but his eyes was fixed on the face of the giant person. It has became as tall as the gigantic image of Nemphis standing behind the throne of power.
No, no this can’t happen. The Arc priest’s mind screamed at him as he looked once again the face of the giant that use to be Mibazar, then turned to face the statue of Nemphis, turned back to the giant again and still once more to the idol of Nemphis, his heart almost collapsed at the striking resemblance between what was once Mibazar and the image of Nemphis.
“No it’s not possible, Mibazar is…is…. Nemphis? “ his stammering lips bloated out without him knowing he was speaking openly.
“It is, thou fool. I’m Nemphis who took the human form of Mibazar. “ when the voice spoke, it sounded like a thousand thunderstorms hammering the Arc priest’s ear. The force of the words threw the priest off his feet and knocked him far away from where he was standing slamming him to a part of a still standing wall which crumble on him with the impact. “Bow before me, you filth. Bow before thy god in worship and adoration. “
Without a thought, Achron fell flat before the massive feet of Nemphis, his body trembling with fear , his mouth muttering incoherent words of worship his whirling mind can recall. His head pressed heavily on the floor by the sheer power of Nemphis will and the weight of the divine energy been displayed.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by tunjilomo(m): 12:18pm On Nov 08, 2017
I be like werin be dis?,let me wait and see sha
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 12:19pm On Nov 08, 2017
oh boy! Today update carry fire oh. I hope every body carry water? Should incase person head overheat.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 12:19pm On Nov 08, 2017
And there you have it guys the best kept secret of MEMOIRS OF BLOOD AND STEEL. I'm sure no one expected this... Well what do you all think? grin
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 12:32pm On Nov 08, 2017
*pours water on my overheated head* so Nemphis na Mibazzar? Abi Mibazzar na Nemphis? Dis is serious. But how come? My over heated brain de tell me say Ruel and Nemphis get scores oh. Abeg make una no blame me oh make una blame Apollux and my heated brain.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 08, 2017
Got me confused here I thought Mibazaar defeated the Arch Priest? Think I will have to go through it again. Excellent work Apollux u r a magical writer.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by MrPetex(m): 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2017
Ruel could be another god ooo, let's wait and see how it goes.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by honourable356(m): 12:59pm On Nov 08, 2017
Wooow.... I never saw this coming... never!!

One admirable characteristics about this dude called apollux is that he is highly unpredictable...well-known trait of an exceptional writer..

And..

His choice of words left a smile stucked on my face whenever I read an update... the semieducated need a dictionary.

The priest of nemphis
Using the high priest body...
Never in a million times did i even thought of it I that direction.

I was taken unaware.
I applaud your creative ability.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 08, 2017
Apollux:
Taking a little time to play a bit with the energy tendril coiling on his open palm, looking at the high priest to make sure he is paying attention. “One thing I came to discover about the life magic is that it is like a two edge sword, what can give life can also take life away. So on my own, I made what most practitioners of the green magic will call a corruption, a deviant I call the green death. “
With a slight turning of his hand he caused all the tiny stars floating around the emerald tendril to fuse, joining the tendril it resulted in a bright tiny explosion of green light. “You want to know what the green death is all about? Well it’s hard to explain, here let me show you. “
Achron threw the flashing green light at the still standing high priest. The green light blew up as it touched Mibazar then died down to a dull glow which began to suffuse him over his body in greenish hues. The high priest moved just then, twisting and hitting his body as if trying to douse a flame burning all over him. His mouth now worked, speaking words as if to create a spell. Whatever spell he seem to be trying to conjure appears to fail. Just then he screamed. It sounded like the helpless wail of a bound calf led unerringly to the slaughter.
The green hue all over the high priest started to break up his skin, disintegrating and turning it to ash. The muscles and flesh followed, been slowly ripped off from the bones. The scream was cut off then, as the flesh of the jaw and the tongue were pulled off too. The flesh also broke apart into tiny sand like particles. Only the bones were left still standing but that too started to crumble as if decaying at a very fast pace. Just then every part that had once been all that Mibazar was made up of was turned into ash within the green glow that covered him, then the ashes were thrown down in a pile on the broken floor.
“ A pity, such a waste of rare potential. “the Arc priest said after taking some time to observe the pile of ash for a while. “Will just have to get someone to sweep this and threw it into the dung heap. “
Wow I can't believe I missed this part. Thumbs up man u r an enigma.

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 1:21pm On Nov 08, 2017
“My lord Nemphis. Greatest of the gods, mightiest of all who inhabits the blessed realm. Greatest among the hundreds of divine beings, mightier that ten thousands by ten thousands, thousands and thousands of mortals. All knees on this world will come to bow before you. Accept the humble adoration of an unworthy one of your slaves. “
The giant deity accepted the accolade of his worshipper, long has it been since he had received any form of adoration. Still the wrath of Nemphis blazed afresh.
“Thou hast failed me mortal. “ as Nemphis spoke those words, the chamber was struck by a mighty wind of pure energy, whipping everywhere with light lashes. Achron felt himself lifted up violently, his body rolling like a grain of sand caught in the violent arm of a tornado. “I blessed thee with power and might, made thee sit on the throne of power, so thou will rule and be the head of those who still faithfully worship me. Thou shouldest have heed to the examples laid down by those who led before thee. But ye have turned from the path and leadest my worshippers into certain ruin. For this I have judged thee and pronounced thee condemned. “
With these words, the energy buffeted him afresh, hitting him from so many angles too numerous to count. “My lord, I have erred, be merciful to an unworthy soul. Let my faithful years of service and sincerity of devotion atone for my one act of stupity. “ Achron wailed, his body felt as if it will be torn into thousands of pieces, the great magical powers that had made him strong and given him stability and stamina was like a drop of water before a raging ocean wave.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 1:25pm On Nov 08, 2017
“Be silent mortal. For I am Nemphis, I do not forgive. I give no mercy, therefore thy faithfulness and period of diligent service cannot atone for thy single act of folly. Therefore thou shalt receive the recompense of thy failure. “
The god Nemphis reached out his mighty hand and plucked the high priest from the raging energy whirlwind he was caught tumbling in. The fist of Nemphis circled the screaming Arc priest and closed over him. To Achron, the feeling was like that of a fly caught in the sudden heat and fire from a burning forge. He simply disintegrated.
With that, the energy surrounding Nemphis blazed brighter and his height continued to increase again but stopped suddenly when a thought from the human part of his mind came into his divine consciousness. With the almost omniscient knowledge available to him for consideration, he accepted the thought as been correct. His size increase stopped and began to reduce. His power and the bright energy halo around him started to dim.
He opened his palm, which was empty and said. “I will give thee another chance my slave Achron, for I perceive that thou will be useful to me still. “ A tiny flash, in comparison to the massive palm, came on and suddenly Achron appeared again on it trembling. “Fail me not again mortal. “
The Arc priest prostrated before his gigantic deity as the giant hand put him on the floor , grateful that he was brought back alive again from death. “I will never fail again most mighty of all. You are worthy of all power and praise, fools are they who will not kneel before you . Humans and souls shall be burn and offered to you in continual sacrifice when the time of you kingdom will come. “
Nemphis was pleased with this and his body continued to reduce till it became one again the figure of Mibazar. All the blazing energy flowed back into the god stone jewel and it returned to its former appearance.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by lord3plex(m): 3:44pm On Nov 08, 2017
Chaiii this one is strong
now who is ruel?
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by MrPetex(m): 4:41pm On Nov 08, 2017
like I said earlier Ruel is definitely another god in human form

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Matrycx(m): 7:51pm On Nov 08, 2017
Apollux:

Lol, that is the most important question of this whole story.... And em the answer is already available. I think you all already know the answer... But well let me keep it a secret until the right time
actually I wanted to ask WHO IS RUEL?
bt make i go read the new updates first
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Matrycx(m): 8:32pm On Nov 08, 2017
oooooooooooooohhh yessssssss I knw apollux got something to surprise us with, nw dat we know who mibazzar is next is RUEL,
I have a feeling d final war is between RUEL and mibazzar, but make i dey observe
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by cyber5(m): 10:33pm On Nov 08, 2017
Apollux
are you human
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Sirme411(m): 10:45pm On Nov 08, 2017
cyber5:
Apollux

are you human

seems he is Ruel Sef

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Biggysmolz: 12:46am On Nov 09, 2017
O boy! Apollux should be named master twister cool
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Ultimategeneral: 7:05am On Nov 09, 2017
So now the other gods will start coming back

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply)

Life Of A Uam Boy / Naija Thug Life (Foxy, Flow1759 & The Rock555 Collabo) / Thrills Of A Lagos Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.