Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,365 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Launching Book Tips And Cost - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Launching Book Tips And Cost (1685 Views)

Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread / Launching Of A Mystical Fiction; A Novel Titled, "Dark Hearts." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Launching Book Tips And Cost by jesuseun1(m): 7:22pm On Jan 02, 2010
happy new yr to everyone,one of my set goals for this yr 2010 is to launch my book by february ,14 TRUTHS NIGERIAN YOUTH MUST KNOW,the book answers the 4th line of the 2nd stanza of the national anthem,help our youth the truth to know,

pls guys i need tips to plan for a Launching with a minimum cost.

what are the necessary inputs i need to put into consideration.pls help.thanks
Re: Launching Book Tips And Cost by dorian69: 8:09pm On Jan 03, 2010
Hi,

I can give you a key solution to publish your book if you help me with my novel!

Dorian
Re: Launching Book Tips And Cost by MyneWhite1(f): 8:45pm On Jan 03, 2010
Has the book been published yet? Then you have to know those who're interested.
Re: Launching Book Tips And Cost by dorian69: 9:01pm On Jan 03, 2010
Yes of course many books are published this way every day!
Re: Launching Book Tips And Cost by Joan4427(f): 3:01pm On Jan 05, 2010
Re: Launching Book Tips And Cost by semid4lyfe(m): 3:54pm On Jan 05, 2010
He mean't launching and not publishing it. You know, gather some influential people in a nice cozy place and they donate some money to him and buy some copies of the book,that kind of thing.

I think launching of books is a Nigerian thing. I've never heard of a foreign author launching a book before.
Re: Launching Book Tips And Cost by Joan4427(f): 4:40pm On Jan 05, 2010
^^^ Makes sense I suppose.
Re: Launching Book Tips And Cost by jesuseun1(m): 6:38am On Jan 06, 2010
thank u guys,i still need launching tips for my book.
Re: Launching Book Tips And Cost by Joan4427(f): 5:43pm On Jan 06, 2010
@ OP,

BTW, have you seen this article by PA Modupe Oduyoye on the Guardian Newspaper (May 17, 2009):

[b]"Book Launching Is Killing Book Publishing In Nigeria"  [url]http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/business/article04//indexn3_html?pdate=170509&ptitle=Book%20Launching%20Is%20Killing%20Book%20Publishing%20In%20Nigeria&cpdate=293008
[/url]
You should probably look through it and see how "book launching" is regarded before you proceed.  grin
Re: Launching Book Tips And Cost by jesuseun1(m): 5:16pm On Jan 09, 2010
Joan4427:

@ OP,

BTW, have you seen this article by PA Modupe Oduyoye on the Guardian Newspaper (May 17, 2009):

[b]"Book Launching Is Killing Book Publishing In Nigeria"  [url]http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/business/article04//indexn3_html?pdate=170509&ptitle=Book%20Launching%20Is%20Killing%20Book%20Publishing%20In%20Nigeria&cpdate=293008
[/url]
You should probably look through it and see how "book launching" is regarded before you proceed.  grin
i have read the article,what he was saying is true,he was talking about authors who stop making copies after the launching.the reputation of the author is at stake.the truth is just how else can an upcoming and unknown author makes his money if he self publish.or else if all this publishing house publish for u,they will mak all d money.

my idea is that ,if one hav a good social network,one can tak advantage of it to launch one book.
Re: Launching Book Tips And Cost by ozalogbo: 10:29pm On Jan 17, 2010
Unless you are connected to the right people, you may not make much from the launching. That's the truth. Whom do you know? And how much do you think they will be willing to donate?
Re: Launching Book Tips And Cost by bilal4riid(m): 8:16am On Nov 30, 2019
I just come across this thread, while I'm searching for similar solution, please share with me your success. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Beryl- No ordinary female / Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. / Words From Abia State University (absu) Gang Rape Scandal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.