Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,753 members, 7,809,890 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

Kalu Takes Politics To Church, Says APC Belongs To Everybody - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalu Takes Politics To Church, Says APC Belongs To Everybody (551 Views)

Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer / Oshiomole Mistakenly Says APC Rigged Osun Election (Video) / Ademola Adeleke Storms Anglican Church, Says "I Will Stop Half Salary" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kalu Takes Politics To Church, Says APC Belongs To Everybody by PMBNG(m): 4:10pm On Apr 18, 2017
ORJI Uzor Kalu, former governor of Abia State has said the ruling political party in the country, All Progressive Congress, APC, belongs to Everybody.

Kalu stated this on Sunday when he visited the National headquarters of the Assemblies of God Nigeria, in continuation of his tour of churches to disabuse the minds of the people of the South East that the All Progressives Congress is an Islamic party, reassuring that the party is for all.

Kalu, who was received by the General Superintendent of the church, Dr. Chidi Okorafor, in Enugu, noted that since he joined the APC, he has been visiting bishops and other church leaders explaining to them why he joined the party “because our people have been deceived that APC is an Islamic party”.

He argued that one man does not own a party, adding: “It belongs to everybody.

“I am sure that some of your church members are members of this party.

“I want to say that APC does not belong to President Muhammadu Buhari.

“The chairman of the party is Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, a Knight of the Catholic Church, so I have continued to explain to church leaders that APC is one big family.

“That we are not what people think.

“We are a political party that will continue to strive to make Nigeria a better country.

“Rome was not built in a day.

“The economy is very difficult today.

“People are suffering.

“Nigerians are seeing the worst economic situation, but I know it will soon be over.

“President Buhari has been able to address some issues while some are still pending.

“I know there is hunger in the land and we are advising him to address the issue of the economy because it is very important.

“He met a battered economy and is struggling to see what he can do to address that issue.

“The economy when he met it was affected by the fall in oil price and massive looting by people who were supposed to protect the economy.”

Kalu requested the church to continue to pray for the President for good health and the wisdom to move the nation forward.

Okorafor noted that the Assemblies of God is not one of the mushroom churches with a population of over 67 million worldwide.

He identified the church as part and parcel of Nigeria, with the responsibility to pray for the government not minding the party in power.

He said: “It is God that gives power, so if any person finds himself in office, it is just because God has allowed it.

“I am glad that you mentioned God severally as you spoke.

“I pray that all our leaders in the entire nation will give reverence to God.

“As part of the society, we always tell members to play their roles, during voters registration, during elections and other civic obligations.

“Assemblies of God Nigeria cannot be partisan, but we have members who belong to political parties, who are actively involved in politics.

“And our prayer go for them and the entire nation.

“We have been praying for Mr. President and the church will continue to pray for him and the leadership of the country for a better Nigeria, and for a better tomorrow. We believe that God will continue to sustain him.

“Thank you for recognizing the leadership of the church and coming to visit us today.

“We don’t take it for granted.”

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/04/apc-belongs-to-everybody-kalu-says/

Re: Kalu Takes Politics To Church, Says APC Belongs To Everybody by PMBNG(m): 4:30pm On Apr 18, 2017
Lalasticlala
Re: Kalu Takes Politics To Church, Says APC Belongs To Everybody by kettykings: 4:31pm On Apr 18, 2017
APC is an evil , Satanic Cult that has been demonised and satanised in Nigeria , why take the antichrist to church

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kalu Takes Politics To Church, Says APC Belongs To Everybody by madridguy(m): 4:32pm On Apr 18, 2017
grin
Re: Kalu Takes Politics To Church, Says APC Belongs To Everybody by Alisegun(m): 4:33pm On Apr 18, 2017
Hnmm I guess e take small igbo be4 e enter church

Re: Kalu Takes Politics To Church, Says APC Belongs To Everybody by sarrki(m): 5:06pm On Apr 18, 2017
Come 2019 SS and SE will be at forefront of campaign for pmb

Watch and see

I once post a thread on Come 2019 SS and SE will be at forefront of campaign for pmb

It shall come to past

2 Likes

Re: Kalu Takes Politics To Church, Says APC Belongs To Everybody by ChetaNwaeze: 5:17pm On Apr 18, 2017
Re: Kalu Takes Politics To Church, Says APC Belongs To Everybody by MXrep: 5:31pm On Apr 18, 2017
sarrki:
Come 2019 SS and SE will be at forefront of campaign for pmb

Watch and see

I once post a thread on Come 2019 SS and SE will be at forefront of campaign for pmb

It shall come to past
OUK is scamming the dullard to escape EFCC.
Re: Kalu Takes Politics To Church, Says APC Belongs To Everybody by obyrich(m): 6:19pm On Apr 18, 2017
Kalu the conman.

(1) (Reply)

Presidency Begins Search For New SGF / Nations In A Nation / Help! They Have Kidnapped Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.