Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,713 members, 7,844,356 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Lagos Prophet Arrested Over $500 Fraud (Photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Prophet Arrested Over $500 Fraud (Photo) (21456 Views)

Samuel Bulus Adamu Jailed 31 Years Imprisonment For N97m Fraud (Photo) / PDP Criticises Lai Mohammed Over $500 Million Loan For NTA / Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Prophet Arrested Over $500 Fraud (Photo) by LionDeLeo: 4:32pm On Apr 18, 2017
Prophet? I doubt if he is not one of these people

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Prophet Arrested Over $500 Fraud (Photo) by Dottore: 4:33pm On Apr 18, 2017
Yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: Lagos Prophet Arrested Over $500 Fraud (Photo) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 18, 2017
grin

Re: Lagos Prophet Arrested Over $500 Fraud (Photo) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 18, 2017
Is that a Nigerian police car?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Prophet Arrested Over $500 Fraud (Photo) by Jabioro: 4:36pm On Apr 18, 2017
That airport hotel Ikeja bureau de change zone dey fear me.. still fresh in my memory wetin dem do me..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Prophet Arrested Over $500 Fraud (Photo) by 2shur: 4:36pm On Apr 18, 2017
Scam is scamming the scam nowadsys.
Happened to me long ago.though I lost just 5k.
Was in a hurry to change dolls.
Na wen I reach Asus I notice say 5k miss
Those guys dey use jazz

1 Like

Re: Lagos Prophet Arrested Over $500 Fraud (Photo) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 18, 2017
I love my job

Re: Lagos Prophet Arrested Over $500 Fraud (Photo) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 18, 2017
I guess he didn't SEE this coming...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Prophet Arrested Over $500 Fraud (Photo) by KKKWHITE(m): 4:41pm On Apr 18, 2017
What tribe

1 Like

Re: Lagos Prophet Arrested Over $500 Fraud (Photo) by gurnam: 4:43pm On Apr 18, 2017
2shur:
Scam is scamming the scam nowadsys.
Happened to me long ago.though I lost just 5k.
Was in a hurry to change dolls.
Na wen I reach Asus I notice say 5k miss
Those guys dey use jazz

They don't use any jazz, it's just carrying out the whole steps they've mastered over a long period of time, all they need from you is a momentarily loss of attention, even just for 2 seconds.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Prophet Arrested Over $500 Fraud (Photo) by chiedu7: 4:48pm On Apr 18, 2017
Igbo people no dey ansa English surname

1 Like

Re: Lagos Prophet Arrested Over $500 Fraud (Photo) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 18, 2017
This government sef

1 Like

Re: Lagos Prophet Arrested Over $500 Fraud (Photo) by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 4:55pm On Apr 18, 2017
madgoat:

Space booker grin grin
You go buy? grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Prophet Arrested Over $500 Fraud (Photo) by ab1x: 5:06pm On Apr 18, 2017
How has money changer turned to a prophet? Rubbish moderator

1 Like

Re: Lagos Prophet Arrested Over $500 Fraud (Photo) by checkolatunji: 5:08pm On Apr 18, 2017
Igbo Christian. That'd their calling

C R I M E

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Prophet Arrested Over $500 Fraud (Photo) by AnanseK(m): 5:34pm On Apr 18, 2017
bureau de change business doesn't fit all those genetic criminals, who must steal money anywhere they see it.

You know dem na.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Prophet Arrested Over $500 Fraud (Photo) by sundayseun2u: 5:35pm On Apr 18, 2017
they have being there for long duping people, am glad they be being caught at last. I was their victim few years back

1 Like

Re: Lagos Prophet Arrested Over $500 Fraud (Photo) by totit: 5:56pm On Apr 18, 2017
Jetleeee:
Moses Edwin

Most likely a developer from the land of the rising potopoto. You don't need to consult the oracle to know this.

Na dem dey get all those kain names

@The emboldened

Lmao grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Prophet Arrested Over $500 Fraud (Photo) by AngelicBeing: 6:40pm On Apr 18, 2017
[s]
post=55682704:
..A man who identified himself as Moses Edwin, a prophet in one of the orthodox churches in Lagos was on Friday arrested by men of Rapid Response Squad of the Lagos State Police Command for stealing $500 belonging to a customer while trying to convert $5,000 into Naira.

Edwin, 50, a bureau de change operator and his gang member, Daniel Ebhohimen, were arrested beside Airport Hotel, Ikeja three days after stealing $500 from $5,000 bills presented to them by one Bayo Lookman for conversion into naira.

The two suspect had in exchanging $5,000 for Bayo Lookman, a member the National Youth Service Corp serving in Lagos, surreptitiously removed $500 from the notes presented to them for confirmation opposite Airport Hotel, Ikeja.

Edwin had promised an exchange rate of N387 to a dollar while negotiating with Bayo. He thereafter invited another member of his gang, Ebhohimen who together while confirming the dollars removed $500 before handing over $4500 back to unsuspecting Bayo in his car.

According to Bayo, “I was trying to help my mum change the $5,000. I got to Airport Hotel and I met these men. After negotiating back and forth, they offered me N387 to a dollar.

They took my details on the ground that the transaction was going to be online. Edwin requested that I surrender the $5,000 bills for them to confirm. Reluctantly, I gave them but I was monitoring them and I was counting along with them in my car”.

He went further, “they were mid-way into the counting when another member of the gang distracted me from the driver side of my car.

Thereafter, they handed back the money to me that it was complete. They told me to keep it in order for their colleagues not to see us and we headed to one of the banks in Opebi.

We entered the bank. All along they prevented me from counting the money. At the bank, they told me the rate they gave me was no longer possible and that they were backing out but I offered for a renegotiation.

I told them to excuse me and I went into the gent to confirm the money. I counted it and $500 was missing. Before I could come out they had ran away. The door attendants told me he saw them rushing out of the bank.

I went to where I met them but I couldn’t see them. It was the third day that I saw Edwin and I invited the police”.

Edwin in his statement to the police, acknowledged the crime. He stated he never followed the gang to bank, adding that he only ordered his other gang members to finish up the transaction. He added that he was given N10, 000 when they came back from the bank.

Edwin there after assured the police that his gang was ready for amicable settlement by paying back the missing $500.

Sources revealed that Edwin and Ebhohimen are part of the fraudsters turned bureau de change operators lurking around Airport Hotel, Ikeja; Alade Market in Allen Avenue; Olugbede Market, Egbeda; Opposite BRT Terminal in Igando engaging in various kinds of dollar related crime.

The two suspects have been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department for further investigations.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/04/500-dollar-theft-lands-lagos-prophet-in.html
[/s]

He is not a prophet but a thief and a criminal, according to both Sharia and Mosaic laws, he deserves to be flogged with 90,000 lashes, sent to jail for 7 Months with hard labor in the farm planting yams and cassava, where is my cane to start the flogging wink

Re: Lagos Prophet Arrested Over $500 Fraud (Photo) by otemanuduno: 7:17pm On Apr 18, 2017
yahmohy27:
And some people will still continuing attending his Church ,God have mercy
change church, change fraudster, all is same.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Prophet Arrested Over $500 Fraud (Photo) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 18, 2017
Just $500? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Prophet Arrested Over $500 Fraud (Photo) by OYAY(m): 10:23pm On Apr 18, 2017
This headline is misleading, there was no mentioning of church in the news so why the prophet tag?
Re: Lagos Prophet Arrested Over $500 Fraud (Photo) by nwosu35: 6:32am On Apr 19, 2017
Kkk

Re: Lagos Prophet Arrested Over $500 Fraud (Photo) by Endtimesmith(m): 7:01am On Apr 19, 2017
He is a Prophetical thief.

(1) (2) (Reply)

46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle / Akpabio And Boss Mustapha Visit Wamakko (Photos) / Rivers Wins Soku Oil Wells From Bayelsa As Court Orders Map Error Correction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.