Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? (4397 Views)

How Depressed Do You Feel In Your Current Place Of Work? Part II / How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? / Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by SSpeter(m): 5:39pm On Apr 18, 2017
I have been a bit sober over the last two weeks. I am presently the head of my sales unit and my performance is nothing to write home about. Not just me, the entire sales department. Sometimes I don't feel justified getting paid undecided...the first quarter was terrible! I don't feel like going to work sometimes because everyone is wearing a frown. We have exploited almost all techniques...I am just sad sha.....

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by omerta07(m): 5:45pm On Apr 18, 2017
Thia can be traumatizing at times. Im currently facing the same challenge at my unit now. Although mine just started a few days ago...guess the Easter break kinda caused this. You have to take some things into consideration ie - the kind of products you offer, - the location and your customer"s accesibility, What were you doing differently when sales was high? Is your product seasonal? There are quite a whole lot of factors to check out.
Buckle up and face it head on.

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by SSpeter(m): 5:53pm On Apr 18, 2017
omerta07:
Thia can be traumatizing at times. Im currently facing the same challenge at my unit now. Although mine just started a few days ago...guess the Easter break kinda caused this. You have to take some things into consideration ie - the kind of products you offer, - the location and your customer"s accesibility, What were you doing differently when sales was high? Is your product seasonal? There are quite a whole lot of factors to check out.
Buckle up and face it head on.
We have done several researches and analyses. We have also employed external consultants. Thanks for sharing your thoughts

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by psucc(m): 6:13pm On Apr 18, 2017
South in all climes is fertile. Lolsssss

Op, Change is a factor here. Check around to see if there is a change in your customer's taste, already that of their disposable income is obvious.

Try to evolve a customer feedback system. This will help you to know what brings about the drop in sales.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by overhypedsteve(m): 7:20am On Apr 19, 2017
dti==
Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by femi4: 7:20am On Apr 19, 2017
Change product
Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by KingLennon(m): 7:21am On Apr 19, 2017
The sun doesn't come everytime, sometimes we have rain. Very soon, you'll start smiling again its just the period we are in now.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by eluquenson(m): 7:21am On Apr 19, 2017
You need to re-strategize all your unit activities

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by lonelydora: 7:21am On Apr 19, 2017
SSpeter:
I have been a bit sober over the last two weeks. I am presently the head of my sales unit and my performance is nothing to write home about. Not just me, the entire sales department. Sometimes I don't feel justified getting paid undecided...the first quarter was terrible! I don't feel like going to work sometimes because everyone is wearing a frown. We have exploited almost all techniques...I am just sad sha.....

Take it to God in prayers

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by passyhansome(m): 7:22am On Apr 19, 2017
Try Brainstorming, restragize, be optimistic, put in s little more effort
Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by IMASTEX: 7:22am On Apr 19, 2017
It won't look good of course. I would advise you do a research to get the best answer. The brand acceptability which might even be errors coming from the production unit could be the cause. Do a promo, more aggressive marketing (online and offlince), stronger customer relations, etc
Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by Vicjustice: 7:22am On Apr 19, 2017
It is one thing if the poor business performance is due to your inefficiency, and it is another if you're giving it your all and yet the business is not doing well.
Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by akanbiaa(m): 7:28am On Apr 19, 2017
SSpeter:
Since you dont feel justified getting paid why not demand for a pay cut or resign?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by southpole: 7:29am On Apr 19, 2017
SSpeter:

is your company selling a good product with the right price? If you are finding it difficult to sell certainly it means your company is not giving out what people want. I cannot imagine somebody finding it difficult to sell pure palm oil with the right price in KANO. Just an example.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by GambaOsaka: 7:43am On Apr 19, 2017
What kind of products do you sell? Is it a FMCG product? And what sector of FMCG? Drinks and beverages? Foods? etc Respond to these questions and hopefully, you'll get some useful tips.
Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by lionshare: 7:50am On Apr 19, 2017
GambaOsaka:
What kind of products do you sell?
Is it a FMCG product?
And what sector of FMCG? Drinks and beverages? Foods? etc
Respond to these questions and hopefully, you'll get some useful tips.

At OP if it's fmcg or consumer electronics.... Lets talk.
Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by fufuNegusi(m): 7:52am On Apr 19, 2017
Am not into sales but i believe with proper brain storming you can achieve your high sales again

You didnt tell us what kind of sales you make
But dont ignore the power of inspirational thinking,
Your sales is not bad, you just need a new inspiration to do things differently

Goodluck on your findings
Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by Sanchez01: 7:53am On Apr 19, 2017
SSpeter:
First quarter kwa? A new financial year just started, perhaps you were referring to the calendar quarter. It is normal that Sales go southward once in a while but the most important thing is to believe you would break even. Positivity matters a lot when it comes to sales.

I would not want to delve into market survey and how competitive your brand is, but I believe there is always a reason for bad sales, just as there is for good sales. As a salesman, you have no control over pricing, so it would be wrong to ask you to look in that area.
Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by Nobody: 8:11am On Apr 19, 2017
Read books on sales and marketing to get ideas.
Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by willibounce1(m): 8:30am On Apr 19, 2017
Well the kinda products or service you render determines. Whatever it is, you need to look out for your competitors. They might be offering better options with good prices. You also need to understand that sales can sometimes be good or bad depending on different factors.
Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by GambaOsaka: 8:33am On Apr 19, 2017
lionshare:

At OP if it's fmcg or consumer electronics.... Lets talk.

Electronics are not comparable to Food and beverages or consumables generally. So i don't regard them as fast moving.
Anyway, there is always a way out in sales....
Speaking from experience, sometimes you , as the head of a sales team may not get the right result despite all strategies and methods that you employ. This may be due to several reasons that includes; Bigger competitor, Inadequate support from management in terms of sales tools like manpower- sales team, ATL and BTL adverts, Vehicles etc..
The truth is , sometimes, you can't fault anybody especially if you have a massive competitor ( for example, no company can do better than Indomie noodle in the Noodle FMCG)..
At such times, to save your job, what you need is to forward brilliant ideas to the head office every now and then. Believe me, they wouldn't put you off, whether the idea(s) is/are achievable at the moment or not, they will still hold on to you knowing that they have a weapon in you.
Such idea is what i have for you. It will give instant results if your company is well equipped to implement it.

Just let me have your email and you'll get it in few minutes.............. FREE
Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by pat1612(m): 8:49am On Apr 19, 2017
I am into sales for past 12 years and their is always a way to sell.i have sold costliest product among price war its just you have to find right segment of customers.if you can tell us what kind of product or services you provide we can pitch in some ideas to help you.
And please dont lose hope if you are leader seeing you losing hope will just make your juniors lose it.try to motivate them smiley
Just my view grin
Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by Preciousseed(m): 9:13am On Apr 19, 2017
This is a real life situation honestly speaking, from personal experience. Sometimes I feel like quitting but on the other hand when I consider that quitters don't win and winners don't quit, I just hold on and keep being positive.

I just hope that seasoned sales people here will make a possible and feasible suggestions on this topic.
Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by sladonery: 10:42am On Apr 19, 2017
Same freaking shoes.. Sales from the beginning of this year hasn't been encouraging, we import laundry and drycleaning products i.e chemicals n consumables.. The hard part is there are local suppliers of those products that does ALMOST the same thing. And ours is costlier, just few edges. Sometimes you just feel helpless. The company is actually fair to us. Sales gurus any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by wyclephy(m): 11:08am On Apr 19, 2017
GambaOsaka:

Electronics are not comparable to Food and beverages or consumables generally. So i don't regard them as fast moving.
Speaking from experience, sometimes you , as the head of a sales team may not get the right result despite all strategies and methods that you employ. This may be due to several reasons that includes; Bigger competitor, Inadequate support from management in terms of sales tools like manpower- sales team, ATL and BTL adverts, Vehicles etc..
The truth is , sometimes, you can't fault anybody especially if you have a massive competitor ( for example, no company can do better than Indomie noodle in the Noodle FMCG)..
At such times, to save your job, what you need is to forward brilliant ideas to the head office every now and then. Believe me, they wouldn't put you off, whether the idea(s) is/are achievable at the moment or not, they will still hold on to you knowing that they have a weapon in you.
Such idea is what i have for you. It will give instant results if your company is well equipped to implement it.

Can u please share this with me...it might help a bro here too. Thanks in advance. my email is odunayo.iyiola1@gmail.com
Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by sladonery: 11:29am On Apr 19, 2017
GambaOsaka:

adegboyew@yahoo.com...pls forward to me too. Thanks
Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by nenergy(m): 11:56am On Apr 19, 2017
I'm a sales consultant with Jumia and sell on dealdey too, so I know how difficult selling in this present economy can be. The truth is if you look deep enough you'll see unexplored ways to sell even when no one is buying. After an in-house training with a man called Iyore Ogbuigwe, i saw hidden pathways, explored them and I've surpassed my monthly target twice already this year. See his website at www.iyoreogbuigwe.com for a free eBook that will inspire you.
Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by shosky1794: 11:59am On Apr 19, 2017
GambaOsaka:

Please I will appreciate the idea too. countrymusic82@gmail.com
Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by Enigmaholysiner(m): 12:37pm On Apr 19, 2017
shosky1794:

[q
shosky1794:

uo
shosky1794:

te author=GambaOsaka post=55701066]

Just let me have your email and you'll get it in few minutes.............. FREE [/quote]
Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by Manweyfitquarel(m): 12:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
nenergy:
I'm a sales consultant with Jumia and sell on dealdey too, so I know how difficult selling in this present economy can be. The truth is if you look deep enough you'll see unexplored ways to sell even when no one is buying. After an in-house training with a man called Iyore Ogbuigwe, i saw hidden pathways, explored them and I've surpassed my monthly target twice already this year. See his website at www.iyoreogbuigwe.com for a free eBook that will inspire you.

THE NAME IYORE OGBUIGWE sounds like a native doctor name
Re: How Do You Feel When Sales Sail Southwards? by Enigmaholysiner(m): 12:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
shosky1794:

[q
shosky1794:

uo
shosky1794:

te
shosky1794:

author=GambaOsaka post=55701066]

Just let me have your email and you'll get it in few minutes.............. FREE [/quote].

Please help a brother out too. My email is justin4ocholi@gmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need List Of Companies In Nigeria That Use Oracle Database Application / HELP!!!!!!!!! ARCON and NIA are killing Architects in NIGERIA. / Double Your Income With Oriflame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.