Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,138 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke (20553 Views)

Joy Nunieh: I Resisted Akpabio’s Oath Of Secrecy To Commit Fraud At NDDC / Eze Chukwuemeka To Tinubu: “Any Further Attacks On Amaechi Will Be Resisted” / Trump's Govt Lawyers Charge Buhari & Buratai To The ICC In The Hague. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by discusant: 8:56am On Apr 19, 2017
LionDeLeo:

They will read it but end up with any of these:

1. Act their names (wailers).

2. Close it and pretend not to have seen it and log off.

3. Close it and search for a thread where Bubu is being insulted, play active role, quoting and happily rolling with any poster with the worst insult.

It must be one of these.

Kwontinue to deceive yourself.

2 Likes

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by LionDeLeo: 8:57am On Apr 19, 2017
discusant:

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by discusant: 9:00am On Apr 19, 2017
LionDeLeo:

They will read it but end up with any of these:

1. Act their names (wailers).

2. Close it and pretend not to have seen it and log off.

3. Close it and search for a thread where Bubu is being insulted, play active role, quoting and happily rolling with any poster with the worst insult.

It must be one of these.
Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by discusant: 9:02am On Apr 19, 2017
positivelord:
You know I use to think buhari not having the minimum qualification is a political joke, until he won the election and have access to everywhere and still cant provide it..Rather he assemble about 13 SANs to defend him..I mean its very obvious.

Positive Thinking.

But Zombies of Bubu can't think beyond the first layer of their senses.
Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by Legalaffairs(m): 9:04am On Apr 19, 2017
Why is this disclosure coming at the wake of the call to probe you and after you ve been declared wanted by EFCC for failing to turn up for the oil deal investigation Adoke you are not clean.
Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by drnoel: 9:13am On Apr 19, 2017
DickDastardly:
A former Attorney-General of the Federation, Bello Adoke, has explained how he allegedly came under pressure from unnamed persons to charge then candidate Muhammadu Buhari for forgery in the run up to the 2015 presidential election.
He also said that he pushed back against demands for former President Goodluck Jonathan to constitute an interim national government in the run up to the 2015 elections.
But the former attorney general said he promptly “dismissed the suggestion” in deference to the constitution and after weighing the consequences of such move at the time.
“It is true that some people came to me and said Buhari should be disqualified because of certificate forgery,” Mr. Adoke told The Cable in a recent interview. “As a man with fidelity to the Constitution, I dismissed the suggestion quickly.”
President Buhari’s certificate was a topic of nationwide controversy in the run up to the 2015 elections, with the then ruling Peoples Democratic Party suggesting that he didn’t have a valid school certificate to contest in the poll.
Although Government College, formerly Provincial Secondary School, Katsina, which the president graduated from in 1961, confirmed that he undertook the University of Cambridge West African School Certificate Examination, his political adversaries still hold that he didn’t finish from school.
The Nigerian Army, in which Mr. Buhari retired as a major-general, also published his school records, but said it couldn’t vouch for their authenticity.
The Army was accused of politicising the situation at the time.

In his interview, Mr. Adoke said he was amongst officials of the Jonathan administration that declined to pay politics with the country’s legal system and internal security.
“In fact, there were cases in court which I felt were not necessary.
“They were already becoming a security threat.
“As a responsible attorney-general, I believed we did not need further crisis in the country.
“Boko Haram was enough problem for us. I resisted pressures to compound the security challenges in the country by filing or authorising such cases to be filed on behalf of the government.
“I was not doing President Muhammadu Buhari any favour, I must say that. I was being faithful to the laws of the land. That was the duty expected of me. If you call that sympathy, so be it. But I didn’t do him a favour,” Mr. Adoke said.
He said he didn’t yield to pressure not because he didn’t have the power to file charges against Mr. Buhari, but because he could not see a tenable case of forgery against the president at the time.
“There was pressure to issue a fiat to charge him to court for forgery. But I made my position very clear that I could not see any forgery at all.
“The law did not require you to submit any certificate to INEC and Buhari did not submit any certificate.
“The law only said you must have a minimum qualification of so so and so.
“Therefore, where was the forgery? If he didn’t submit a certificate, where was forgery? There is no police report, no investigation. No responsible attorney-general will issue any such fiat based on the record before me.
“But I could have been reckless if I wanted to be reckless. I could have been irresponsible if I wanted to be irresponsible. I could have issued the fiat,” Mr. Adoke said.
But the former AGF said he recognised what could have been the consequences.
“There could have been mayhem. There could have been destruction. That could have led to the postponement of the elections.
“I know what attorneys-general have done in the past, not minding the consequences for the polity. I know what they are capable of doing. But I am a constitutional purist.
“When they mooted the idea of an interim government, I was the one that came out to say the concept of interim government is unknown to law.
“People told President Jonathan that I was disloyal, that I was working for Buhari,” he stated.

Mr. Jonathan eventually lost the presidential election to Mr. Buhari and promptly conceded defeat earning him local and international accolades.
No other official of the Jonathan administration has confirmed Mr. Adoke’s claims. The ex-attorney general also spoke in reaction to recent corruption charges filed against him by the anti-graft EFCC especially for his role in transferring over $801 million from a Nigerian government account into private accounts of an ex-convict, Dan Etete, in the famous Malabu scandal.
Mr. Adoke has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing, but has not made himself available for prosecution.

Source:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/229031-i-resisted-pressure-charge-buhari-certificate-forgery-nigerias-ex-attorney-general-adoke-says.html

Liar
Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:14am On Apr 19, 2017
drss2:
buari dullard has no certificate!

wailers spotted..
Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by Victorclean1: 9:17am On Apr 19, 2017
One of the thieves Tinubu said that surrounded Jonathan is Adoke. What a foolish Jonathan for trusting supporter of APC tribe in Nigeria, betrayal from Awolowo down to the least member. In the mosque, you don't know where they belong , in the church, you can't say they were Christians.

2 Likes

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by glossy6(f): 9:29am On Apr 19, 2017
Ozid:
I just hope those people shouting Buhari didn't have WAEC certificate read this

Has he provided evidence of writing and passing the WAEC exam?
Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by usamali(m): 9:31am On Apr 19, 2017
[quote author=profhezekiah post=55689943]Sentiment apart, buhari finished frm school and certificate was awarded to him because he wouldnt have been admitted into the Nigerian Army with such certificate, although I av alot against buhari,that will never stop me from admitting d truth.[/quot
what do u know about buhari and how he got into the military or how he got his promotion in the military please go and read u r history before u comment? u see people twisting the course of history making it so flattering for their our sake...

1 Like

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by DocHMD: 9:33am On Apr 19, 2017
TheFreeOne:
This man is sounding so desperate for a soft landing.

You are the only person with a working brain. The corrupt bastard Adoke is seeking a romance with Buhari that will earn him a soft-landing but the demented zombies are too daft to see that.

Everyone is now claiming to have refused to work against Bumhari. Even the most corrupt buffoons who engaged in monumental thievery. Reminds me of that far corrupt bastard called Aondoaka from Benue who decamped to Apc barely 24 hours after Bumhari won. grin

I'm sure if you ask him, he will tell you he looted in order to secretly donate to bumhari's election and zombies will swallow it. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by ezugegere(m): 9:43am On Apr 19, 2017
Adminisher:
PDP supporters and Buhari certificate is so effeminate. It is like a woman.menstruating. It is a senseless, low minded, emotional , immature premised argument yet they continue to hold on to it like their lives depend on it.

The constitution does not even prescribe a certificate. It says show evidence that you are educated to this level.
The man presented advanced certificates of military and leadership training in renowned colleges but brain dead people are asking for WASC.

All certificates presented are above WASC and they are from renowned institutions abroad and to make matters even.more annoying the job itself is not certificate dependent and the man had done the same job before in 1983/84 and was cleared thrice by the INEC for three separate elections.

When Goodluck Jonathan of all people is your hero, there is something psychologically wrong with your reasoning so maybe it is not surprising that the "stolen from generation" from the South East is just lost in this self torturing stupidity about certificate.

I feel for them but it is stupid.

Really? U mean Buhari presented any certificate at all? Please could you prove that assertion?

2 Likes

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by Ozid(m): 9:56am On Apr 19, 2017
discusant:

What's new here to read? Adoke didn't say he saw or knew that Buhari has Secondary school leaving certificate. The only method to show that one passed out of secondary school is by showing one's secondary school leaving certificate.
Adoke is under investigation for authorizing the transfer of $801 million during the Malabu oil deal.

So what else does one expect from this Adoke's interview other than currying mercy from Buhari?
According to Adoke. *** He said he didn’t yield to pressure not because he didn’t have the power to file charges against Mr Buhari, but because he could not see a tenable case of forgery against the president at the time***

This is to tell you that all the shouting about certificate scandal is just a stage play to tarnish the image of President Buhari.
Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by Ozid(m): 9:57am On Apr 19, 2017
glossy6:

Has he provided evidence of writing and passing the WAEC exam?
What evidence are you talking about?
Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by feeloscar(m): 9:59am On Apr 19, 2017
ZombieTERROR:

What do we call A terrorist who would rather go to court with sans than to provide his certificate
The person defending such a man is a ....... grin
I bet u prefer he carries arms instead of sans to fight abi?
Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by DocHMD: 10:01am On Apr 19, 2017
naijaking1:

He's one of those who bent the rules for Buhari just a little bit for their so called northern interest. Same with Dasuki who revealed that he actually sabotaged GEJ on behalf of Buhari.

Thanks for reminding me, they were all seeking soft landing.
Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by donmalcolm21(m): 10:01am On Apr 19, 2017
ephi123:

I don't waste my time on classic zombies like you so here you go, below is your response:

donmalcolm21, sorry I had to borrow your quote one more time. Saves me time. cheesy grin
Why are you giving that zombie a smack down?

There are some of them here that don't deserve a reply

2 Likes

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by ephi123(f): 10:03am On Apr 19, 2017
donmalcolm21:
Why are you giving that zombie a smack down?

There are some of them here that don't deserve a reply

cheesy

They are definitely not worth typing a proper reply to, which is why I just copy and paste that your classic reply.

3 Likes

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by Ozid(m): 10:05am On Apr 19, 2017
ZombieTERROR:

What do we call A terrorist who would rather go to court with sans than to provide his certificate
The person defending such a man is a ....... grin
You have a bigger problem than Buhari. Your wailing will continue till 2019 if possible it will end in 2023. So keep up the wailing bro.
Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by ephi123(f): 10:05am On Apr 19, 2017
krendo:
Am I the only who has not seen where Adoke confirmed that he saw Buhari certificate

All I read here is an attorney general reminding how he used his position to not be a stumbling block to the now president and probably seeking a soft landing on his own issues!

Because the certificate never existed in the first place. That is why the truckload of SANs had to be deployed to "defend" the case.

2 Likes

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by lionson(m): 10:16am On Apr 19, 2017
Yeye dey smell!
Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by ndcide(m): 10:33am On Apr 19, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Pocket lawyer, can you prove the attorney-general wrong on the above?

Can you tell me which of the required documents he didn't submit? Pls, can you tell me the essence of affidavit?

Is 2015 the first time Bubu was contesting? So, you mean he had been complying all these while and decided to violate the rule when it was clear even to the blind who the election will favour?

Your PDP members who knew about his missing cert attempted to hold him back on that, but it wasn't playing out.

Can you also tell me where he SAW the justice and did the opposite? Or you mean dancing to the biddings of the ruling party is your own understanding of justice? I doubt if you know what you just wrote. Few judges have the courage to stand against the powers that be in favour of justice.

And Buhari has not in any occasion dispelled the insinuation allegation that he does not have basic academic qualification? Are you for real? Where did you crawl out from?

Carry your idiocy out of here. Go and read the electoral act, and when it came into effect.

We are not saying that buhari is not qualified to be president, having rose through the army ranks. We are challenging his entry qualification to the military, in the first place. The law requires him to present these qualifications and he didn't present them. BECAUSE HE DOES NOT HAVE IT.

Someone seeing this your defence of buhari will be surprised with your post on Dino melaye.

Bloody hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by ndcide(m): 10:37am On Apr 19, 2017
Ozid:
According to Adoke. *** He said he didn’t yield to pressure not because he didn’t have the power to file charges against Mr Buhari, but because he could not see a tenable case of forgery against the president at the time***

This is to tell you that all the shouting about certificate scandal is just a stage play to tarnish the image of President Buhari.

Anyone who is not biased can see a case of forgery there with buhari.

Can you present that rubbish we saw online, to seek admission into a UK university? Can you do that?
Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by LionDeLeo: 10:39am On Apr 19, 2017
ndcide:

Carry your idiocy out of here. Go and read the electoral act, and when it came into effect.

We are not saying that buhari is not qualified to be president, having rose through the army ranks. We are challenging his entry qualification to the military, in the first place. The law requires him to present these qualifications and he didn't present them. BECAUSE HE DOES NOT HAVE IT.

Someone seeing this your defence of buhari will be surprised with your post on Dino melaye.

Bloody hypocrites.

Charge and bail lawyer, what does the Electoral Act say regarding requirements for election?

You are not saying Bubu is not qualified, then what is the ruse about?

Keep questioning his entry qualification into the military, perhaps that will improve your life one day, who knows.

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by ndcide(m): 10:43am On Apr 19, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Charge and bail lawyer, what does the Electoral Act say regarding requirements for election?

You are not saying Bubu is not qualified, then what is the ruse about?

Keep questioning his entry qualification into the military, perhaps that will improve your life one day, who knows.

Corruption supporters. Some one goes against the electoral act, the law and you make excuses for him, claiming he's qualified. Where on earth is that done.
Why won't people make excuses for looters.

Shameless lots

So much for anti kworofsion.

3 Likes

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by Jj222(f): 10:46am On Apr 19, 2017
ourema:
These are the people who sold us the incompetent fellow as a president. They know that the man never had a certificate but forced him on Nigeria with the help of Tinubu etc. Now they are coming out gradually to accept the fact that the president never had a certificate.
Karma is indeed the greatest teacher
I believe you . the prayers of Christians are working. they will all die for putting us in this condition.

4 Likes

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by LionDeLeo: 10:47am On Apr 19, 2017
ndcide:

Corruption supporters

And in the absence of logic to back the warped theories which mostly characterise their baseless crap, the usual baseless chant continues.

Meanwhile, the charge and bail lawyer cannot provide the so called electoral act.

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by Ozid(m): 10:48am On Apr 19, 2017
ndcide:

Anyone who is not biased can see a case of forgery there with buhari.

Can you present that rubbish we saw online, to seek admission into a UK university? Can you do that?
It was an Attorney general that said so, I hope you're not claiming to know the law better than him. The certificate scandal is just only a figment of most Buhari haters imagination.
Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by LionDeLeo: 10:50am On Apr 19, 2017
Ozid:
It was an Attorney general that said so, I hope you're not claiming to know the law better than him. The certificate scandal is just only a figment of most Buhari haters imagination.

You dey mind beer parlour lawyers?

They are even talking about looting when their hero supervised the worst looting ever known to mankind for 6 solid years.
Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by ephi123(f): 10:53am On Apr 19, 2017
ndcide:

Corruption supporters. Some one goes against the electoral act, the law and you make excuses for him, claiming he's qualified. Where on earth is that done.
Why won't people make excuses for looters.

Shameless lots

kwarruption grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke by ndcide(m): 10:57am On Apr 19, 2017
Ozid:

No!! It is simplistic to assume that because he was an AG he must be correct. It's just like the position of Osinbajo on Magu.

The law is there for all to read and understand. All these bias is just foolishness.

In your heart, you will not tolerate this certificate issue with another person.

Your position on Dino melaye gave you all away.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Companies Linked To Tinubu, Ambode’s Aide To Collect Land Use Charge / EFCC Detains 16 Kwara LG Chairmen Over Misappropriation Of Public Funds / Vice President Yemi Osinbajo Visits Ebonyi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.