Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,202 members, 7,822,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke (56336 Views)

EFCC, Interpol Fail To Arrest Ayodele Oke And Wife, 15 Months After / Babachir Lawal And Ayodele Oke Leaving Aso Rock After Suspension (Photos) / State House Press Release On The Suspension Of SGF Lawal And DG NIA Oke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by ephi123(f): 2:05pm On Apr 19, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Good move but Buhari just exposed that he is a regional Jingoist, it has taken him almost a year to suspend Babachir but had to do so just because suspending Oke alone would make him look like a bigot and stir uproar
.Buhari must also get arrest Mr Oke and his so called wife arrested immediately just as he did with Dasuki because both are clearly too similar in nature , anything short if this would be suspicious

Exactly. Plus I bet Babachir will still be collecting all his salary and allowances as at when due.

Hypocritical government. Why did it take a full year to "suspend" him?

They will probably shake hands and have a good laugh behind the scenes, suspension indeed.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by LionDeLeo: 2:06pm On Apr 19, 2017
I can see wailers getting hold of rotten straws as they get drowned on this. Some are trying extra hard to patch with their fellow failures in the "struggle" just to feel belonged.

Keep trying, it is not yet over, until it is over.

When the owner of this money is announced, rather than burying their heads in shame, you will see them coming up with some lame excuses.

Let's watch and see.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by AngelicBeing: 2:06pm On Apr 19, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
And I want to see a certain ex president being prosecuted.
True that, bunch of wicked criminals, nonsense angry angry

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 19, 2017
OkoYiboz:

Oya o,

Descendants of Judas Iscariot,
Children of Shuku Obuko Alabama,
Supporters of corruption,
Defenders of thieves and looters,

Are you going to borrow ultimatums from Ohaneze and give them to Buhari or are you gonna wail yourself to death like barren witches?

For once let peace reign. Stop calling out people. Be peaceful. It doesn't hurt

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by Chuksonyeike: 2:07pm On Apr 19, 2017
yemmight:

This news that you are commenting is provided by SR and you called useless SR. Why are you reading their news?

THE NEWS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY OFFICIAL SOURCES tongue tongue tongue
Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by musicwriter(m): 2:07pm On Apr 19, 2017
I was of the impression this was supposed to be the job of the EFCC.

Does this mean the president no longer trust the EFCC to do its job? Do we need a special panel to find out who own cash found in a house not in a forest?!!

Zoo indeed.
Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by tit(f): 2:07pm On Apr 19, 2017
After thorogh investigation, the above named gallant offices has been clear of all count of corruption.
The only thing General Oke was find quilty is overzealousness. Once he saw Amaechi name as culprit, he swung into action to provide security cover to vip. Now that amaechi name has been cleared as clerical error, the security cover has been withfrawn.
Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by galaxy2020(m): 2:08pm On Apr 19, 2017
They will be cleared as usual..... mark my word
Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by naijafull: 2:09pm On Apr 19, 2017
AngelicBeing:
True + it is long over due, other members of the executive and several others who directly or indirectly contributed to the sufferings in NIGERIA should also be arrested, flogged and jailed, l want to see some ex governors, ex heads of government agencies, ex heads of NNPC, ex federal ministers, commissioners, judges, corrupt bank executives, high net-worth individuals both in private & public service who have stolen or accessory to looting all rounded up, flogged, properties confiscated and jailed, Nigeria politicians are one of the most heartless, devilish and wicked humans on planet earth, useless politicians that have amassed billions while the poor masses are suffering, where is my cane to start flogging these vampires and satanic agents angry angry

Including those Federal University of Petroleum Technology FUPRE school management, who keep cutting staff salary. Judgement is coming
https://www.nairaland.com/3748778/fupre-ends-3-day-warning-strike

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by Chuksonyeike: 2:10pm On Apr 19, 2017
sadissbala:
I guess you're blind enough to see anything good about this man called Buhari even in a competent court of law, an acuse should presume innocent until proven guilty.

ACCUSED ARE ARRESTED AND ARRAIGNED WHERE THEIR TRIALS WILL BE ADJUDICATED!!!! WE ARE TALKING ABOUT $50M!!!!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by drss2(m): 2:10pm On Apr 19, 2017
image laundary at work.
d suspension (sacrifice) of these pipul goes to show dat ikoyi loot found in osbone towers was an inside job hatched right under buari's govt in conjuction with top govt officials. d loot incident really put buari's govt under serious delimma. if they do nothing about it, it will put a dent on their already dent saintly govt. if they hide it, d hypocrisy of their charade corruption fight will be visible to d blind n their campign tool efcc will lose media steam. so bauri had to sacrifice his sgf. dont forget dat it was buari himself who wrote a letter to d national assembly defending africa's famous grass cutter from corruption allegations. wat changed buari's mind dis time has he accept d demands of d senate to sack his sgf is he now convinced dat sgf is guilty of allegations level against him by d senate d same senate whom he's busy fighting against to date no d sgf was just a sacrificial ram.
buari was forced to suspend his sgf not out of morality in fighting corruption, but out of NECESSATY to safe his image from his govt's clearly visible double standard.

assuming efcc didn't expose dis loot to d media, d govt will hide it n sgf will still be in office. it was a case of sacrificing d load to safe d ship. notin more notin less.
Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by sekem: 2:11pm On Apr 19, 2017
AngelicBeing:
True + it is long over due, other members of the executive and several others who directly or indirectly contributed to the sufferings in NIGERIA should also be arrested, flogged and jailed, l want to see some ex governors, ex heads of government agencies, ex heads of NNPC, ex federal ministers, commissioners, judges, corrupt bank executives, high net-worth individuals both in private & public service who have stolen or accessory to looting all rounded up, flogged, properties confiscated and jailed, Nigeria politicians are one of the most heartless, devilish and wicked humans on planet earth, useless politicians that have amassed billions while the poor masses are suffering, where is my cane to start flogging these vampires and satanic agents angry angry

It goes both ways so If you blame the politicians/leaders, you also blame the followers/citizens

In fact, you citizens are the Major problem because you are the most docile, gullible and fearful set of People on this planet.

Your politicians can easily decieve you guys because they know this.

There's a saying That If you deceive me the First time, shame on you but If you deceive me the second time, shame on me!!!

So i can confidently say shame on all you nigerian citizens because your politicians have been deceiving you guys Over and Over...

A criminal is caught and instead of asking for the right punishment to be meted to him for his crime, your First question is whether he is Hausa or igbo and you want me to believe you are not part of the problem?

Shame on all of you, once again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by berrystunn(m): 2:11pm On Apr 19, 2017
Boscojugunu:
Saw it now. Sai buhari. I have always believed in him. Tho it may take time, nigeria will surely get dere

With mouth abi?
Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 19, 2017
dadebayo1:
The chief Grasscutter grin

Grass cutting is a great hobby.
When the grass is more than the crop then you are inviting hunger.
The grass feeds goats which in turn feeds the humans. Humans later feeds the grass. The circle of life or you can call it food chain.
May God help us all
Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 19, 2017
Good... next step is prison.
Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by ISpiksDaTroof: 2:13pm On Apr 19, 2017
Chuksonyeike:
suspension is not enough.Mr Oke must be immediately arrested and prosecuted!!! anything short of this smells cover up.Suspension with full benefits just like Obasanjo did for the late AIG Raphael Ige is balderdash!!!! we must uncover the real owner of the most notorious apartment 7B

"Cover up"?! Can you clowns just shut up for once? If he'd had them arrested you'd be carrying placards on their behalf. If you want to know the owners of the apartment why don't you source out the info yourself? Its public knowledge. Why are you Nigerians so mentally lazy?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by repogirl(f): 2:15pm On Apr 19, 2017
Okay o, we will await the result of the investigation just as we are awaiting Lamorde's (Former EFCC Director) own.
Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by kayone6237(m): 2:16pm On Apr 19, 2017
I hail baba

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by Princewell2012(m): 2:17pm On Apr 19, 2017
Annie939:
it's a lie

When buhari said he met an empty accout, he might be making some sense though.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by berrystunn(m): 2:18pm On Apr 19, 2017
alexistaiwo:
All this one is short term solution.
Suspend Mallam Muhammadu Buhari and see improvements
I am neither for APC or PDP.
Just a concerned patriotic citizen.

If I hear whemmmm from anybody ehnnn

We need another change
Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by buchai: 2:18pm On Apr 19, 2017
[quote author=Chuksonyeike post=55710692]suspension is not enough.Mr Oke must be immediately arrested and prosecuted!!! anything short of this smells cover up.Suspension with full benefits just like Obasanjo did for the late AIG Raphael Ige is balderdash!!!! we must uncover the real owner of the most notorious apartment

it might be Tinubu Fashola or even Ambo since the money was discovered in Lagos anything like that can be possible. the investigators should start within before outside.
Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 19, 2017
I hope Oga Magu should be suspended too, fair is fair .In fact he should be properly vented.I can understand Oga Buhari vexing sha,especially when the country was going broke,NIA didn't deem it fit to borrow them some kudi.Let take sentiment aside and look at things thoroughly

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by niggi4life(m): 2:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
Boscojugunu:
Saw it now. Sai buhari. I have always believed in him. Tho it may take time, nigeria will surely get dere
Now Buhari has woken up.... People quickly tend to forget that Buhari is a no nonsense man

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by gberra: 2:20pm On Apr 19, 2017
Chuksonyeike:

stop ben silly.I am not a member of IPOB.We miust see the end of this story!!! A committee to unravel the owner of an obviously registered apartment!!! funny enough no one is yet in custody.Nigeria I hail thee.
I doubt you ain't. You clearly share ipob's mentality. There must be a fair hearing which their suspension will help accelerate & as such necessary actions would be expedited upon further investigation.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by deomello: 2:21pm On Apr 19, 2017
Chuksonyeike:

Are you fucking kidding me? Gabriel suswam has been in EFCC custody foir ove a month now without any arraignment!!!anyway 14 days is not far .We shall see how "Pastor" Yemi Osibanjo and his committe intends to spin this

investigation revealed the former governor requested that shares owned by the Benue State Government be sold for N10 billion to be raised.
Consequent upon that, Elixir Investment Partners was appointed as stockbrokers to carry out the sales of the shares, of which over N9 billion was realised from the sales of the shares.

The witness said the owner of Fanfash Resources, Abubakar Umar, was invited by the EFCC,
Umar confirmed that he received N3.1 billion and converted same to its dollar equivalent, amounting to $15.8 million, and that he delivered it in cash to former Governor Suswam at his Maitama Residence in Abuja.

He told the court that the finance commissioner confirmed issuing directives for the payments made to Fanffash Resources and the Benue State Ministry of Finance.

He also confirmed to EFCC investigating team that he collected N370 million in cash from the the cashier of Benue State Ministry of Finance.
The court adjourned till January 18 and 19 next year for cross examination of the witness and continuation of hearing.

http://theeagleonline.com.ng/how-ex-gov-suswam-commissioner-looted-benue-efcc/

Suswam was investigated and he was taken into custody after investigation and they also have proof based on investigation.

Stop the ignorance and apple and orange comparison.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by TinaAnita(f): 2:21pm On Apr 19, 2017
Amaechi has finally got off the hook..Make una go sidon! This government is so dishonest in its fight against corruption.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by niggi4life(m): 2:22pm On Apr 19, 2017
gocac:
baba go slow very old and wicked, a heartless man, how can a man so old and closer to his creator be so wicked?
you wont act until the damage is done! it is too late, prosecute him dont suspend, nonsense.
What is dis one saying?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by MONITZ: 2:25pm On Apr 19, 2017
Buhari and controversy over monies re like 5 and 6..As military head of State, there were 53 suit cases containing money and which were alleged to have disappeared, also the foreign currency scandal that rocked this country silly in the 80s was under his watch too...

Fast-forward to his second coming, and it's still the same thing, does this man ever learn from his mistakes at all? The 43 million dollars discovered in a house at Ikoyi is becoming an albatross that has refused to die and it is already denting the anti-corruption stance of this government......

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by LionDeLeo: 2:28pm On Apr 19, 2017
TinaAnita:
Amaechi has finally got off the hook..Make una go sidon! This government is so dishonest in its fight against corruption.

Was he in the hook before? How was it linked to him?

Or is it because Fayose said it?
Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by TGM2015: 2:28pm On Apr 19, 2017
Please have you seen this thread and I am sure you are aware that EFCC just submitted their report to the Presidency before the sacking of these guys.
Let watch as the event unfold, then you can judge yourself by yourself and maybe take the advice of agbangam as earlier quoted by me on your thread.

TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

I have been following the recent activities of Ibrahim Magu led EFCC with respect to miraculous "discovery" of money worth hundreds of millions of dollars in the most "amazing" areas and places one can think of. 

Oh Magu,  you know that your recent deception,  sorry I mean discoveries will not sell even in Nollywoood. You have to drop this "James Bond" styled theatrics and learn from your colleagues in the Nigeria Police Force.

Magu need to be informed that Nigerians aren't as stupid as he may think, even if he has to plant money it should be done with wisdom and tacts.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria 

shared on palmchat
Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by otokx(m): 2:29pm On Apr 19, 2017
Nigeria must be great again.
Re: President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke by Hafeezson(m): 2:31pm On Apr 19, 2017
Such action should have been done to bukola saraki also, means to leave his office till further notice or when the truth rein

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Elections May Not Hold In Some Areas —INEC / Fulani Bandits Display Heavy Artillery (video/pictures) / Schools To Be Commissioned By Dino Melaye Burnt In Kogi. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.