Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,980 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport (41098 Views)

An Overview Of The 10 Lane Oshodi-Murtala Muhammed International Airport - Pics / Atedo Peterside's Anap Jet Robbed At Murtala Muhammed International Airport / Rats Hanging From The Ceiling At Murtala Muhammed Airport Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Neduzze5(m): 2:08pm On Aug 19, 2017
ifyalways:

I have always paid for trolley in US o. Only @ Heathrow do I get free Trolleys

Are you from Ahiazu?
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Bizibi(m): 2:08pm On Aug 19, 2017
This country is funny,the more you complain the more they do it.

8 Likes

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by erico2k2(m): 2:08pm On Aug 19, 2017
Ezniteadin:
Have you been to the Murtala Muhammad international Airport lately?

It is the most crowded Airport in my experiences, the prying eyes and busybodies waiting to latch on to your purse forcefully by all gimmicks

They beggarly initiate all method of trickery to collect bribe from travelers

The lack of CCTV surveillance camera is one major reason the attending offices are the more brazen,

they practically beg for money and threaten you if you refuse to grease their corrupt palms

You wonder why Government workers are so bold to Beg for money in an international airport

They search your Bags with bare hands and look for what is not lost, whereas other countries of the world would pass your bags through a search machine to spot items not fit for travel

Nigerian Airport workers practically search your bag in attempts to find anything for which they can collect bribe from you even your underwaer

I am just wondering, Any Nairalander who have experienced this brazen thievery by employed and unemployed loiters at the Airport

The Nigerian government is pretending and acting as if bribe does not happen at the airport Or else, something should have been done to stem this shameful acts of international embarrassment

what is your story at the airport ?
Last time I was there . The attempted to dip thier bare hands intoy Garri my Nan specially fried for me.mehn I created such a seene the Oga at the top came down and dismissed the action .

4 Likes

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by muller101(m): 2:08pm On Aug 19, 2017
They searched me last week and accused me of having 3 balls. On my manhood. grin

7 Likes

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by lollmaolol(m): 2:09pm On Aug 19, 2017
She took my small perfume, the custom madam

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by mmsen: 2:09pm On Aug 19, 2017
tellwisdom:

U say wetin?? If i pay for trolleys abroad, then i see no reason arguing with her. I hope u no dey mistake ur local trip for international?? sad

It depends on the airport, not even the country.

I know in the UK that trolleys are free at Heathrow but not at Stansted.

5 Likes

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by erico2k2(m): 2:11pm On Aug 19, 2017
ifyalways:

I'm yet to see an international airport where trolleys are free.

@Topic, welcome to Nigeria!
Well all of Europe . U dnt pay . JfK u dnt pay . SYDNEY you don. China U dnt pay,Dubai you don't pay.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by deloon(m): 2:11pm On Aug 19, 2017
Y'all need to check the reviews on google. It is so embarrassing.
One time I gave an elderly police man 1k when he asked me to drop something because I was carrying food stuffs. He refused to take the 1k. I tried to threaten him by looking at his name tag and the useless cctv camera but the dude no even send me. I just had to top up the cash to avoid wasting my time.
At another time, I saw them doing the same to an Indian woman. It was just so embarrassing. They don't care about the image they give the country.

14 Likes

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by erico2k2(m): 2:12pm On Aug 19, 2017
mmsen:

It depends on the airport, not even the country.

I know in the UK that trolleys are free at Heathrow but not at Stansted.
How much did you pay @ Stanstead ?
Sometimes it is good for us to speak of what we know . It is FREE as air in Stanstead . I have been fru that airport uncountable times .

3 Likes

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by goldedprince: 2:12pm On Aug 19, 2017
ifyalways:

here in Kandahar International Airport AFGANISTAN , it is free.

2 Likes

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by 1009ja: 2:13pm On Aug 19, 2017
How can we attract foreign investment when people are subjected to these harassment in all our international airports?

7 Likes

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by muyiwa22(m): 2:13pm On Aug 19, 2017
ifyalways:

we don't pay for troleys in DXB is free

1 Like

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by CocoaOla: 2:15pm On Aug 19, 2017
everything in Nigeria both living and none living things is CORRUPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 Likes

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by romenna: 2:16pm On Aug 19, 2017
Sadly, the deification of money has ascended a dangerous crescendo

3 Likes

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Agbaletu: 2:16pm On Aug 19, 2017
It is a national embarrassment. I gave one immigration guy N200 and the hopeless guy told me that how can I give him N200 out of the money in my bag.

13 Likes

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Pavore9: 2:17pm On Aug 19, 2017
Had someone arrive Lagos onThursday from Nairobi with seedlings that has certification from Kenya and the quarantine service in Lagos but those criminal minded officials extorted $100 from the person who came in with it. angry

7 Likes

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Schwartz: 2:17pm On Aug 19, 2017
My Naija - Dubai trip, the yeye custom woman asked me to drop the small bottle I was drinking during checking. The queue was so long and the weather was hot. I told her I still need to keep drinking, she refused, took my water from my hand then threw it away and brought out her dirty palms asking me to give her money.
Of course I refused! angry

15 Likes

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by engrolawei: 2:17pm On Aug 19, 2017
ifyalways:

Dubai international airport is one amongst many with free trolleys.
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Chukkyboi: 2:17pm On Aug 19, 2017
For kingsford smith airport trolleys is free as well
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by sukkot: 2:17pm On Aug 19, 2017
Lucasbalo:
You have never been to Chicago then. Our trolleys are free here on arrival.
bros which part of chicago you dey ? edgwater ? rogers park abi uptown ? cuz daz where most naijas are
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 19, 2017
Relax....Buhari is fighting corruption
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by StOla: 2:18pm On Aug 19, 2017
That is my grouse with the anti-corruption fight.

While focussing on the big wigs who have stashed dollars in septic tanks or abandoned houses in ghettos, or sold off government assets to their cronies, we should never forget the corruption perpetrated by the steadfastly unrepentant civil servants in the MDAs.

Anyone with the contact details of the ministry of Aviation, Information or EFCC? I mean email address or like a contact phone number?

We need to stop complaining alone, but reach out to those who should take action.

Lai Mohammed has failed terribly in his role of national re-orientation that should articulate the Buhari regime's drive to fight corruption.

Posters should be conspicuously located at the airports to campaign against any form of extortion by airport personnel.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by gcof(m): 2:18pm On Aug 19, 2017
ifyalways:

i tire o
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Abeyjide: 2:18pm On Aug 19, 2017
I could remember when they told my friend to bring 4k before allowing him to travel with 5 litres of palm oil to Usa.

4 Likes

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Benoxvals(m): 2:20pm On Aug 19, 2017
It's really embarrassing...they have no shame at all and they don't even care who is watching.
One European man told me that entering Nigeria only requires sliding $50 in between the international passport.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by iceberg54: 2:20pm On Aug 19, 2017
ifyalways:

LOL.... really?

I'm yet to see one where trolleys are not free..and I've been to a lot.... maybe just the specific ones you mentioned.

About the topic.. it's so bad... was at MMIA in July. Wanted to use the bathroom before leaving. The cleaner asked if I need a tissue paper or water. I asked what he meant and he asked again confidently.... lol.... When I was done he held the hand soap and gave me a bit of it. So instead of putting those supplies in the right places, he was in control of everything and expected me to find something for him at the end...

Even inside toilet..... only in naija....

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by joe120120(m): 2:21pm On Aug 19, 2017
THE ZOO

6 Likes

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by vineyardfarms: 2:21pm On Aug 19, 2017
joeluv:
The begging is so embarrassing gosh. All of them from the start to the end point. Another one they have started is paying 2k for agricultural quarentine receipt. grin grin

THE OFFICIALS AT THE AIRPORT ARE NATIONAL DISGRACE AND EMBARRASSMENT. THIEVES, ROBBERS, EXPLOITERS: ETC

9 Likes

Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by erico2k2(m): 2:21pm On Aug 19, 2017
gcof:
i tire o
Nah free evry only in 9ja
Re: Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Afritop(m): 2:22pm On Aug 19, 2017
VERY SOON THEY WILL ANNOUNCE THE COST OF THE CCTV IN THE NATIONAL BUDGET AND THE WHOLE WORLD WILL KNOW THAT NIGERIA HAS INSTALLED CCTV CAMERAS IN MURTALA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT AS IF IT IS AN ACHIEVEMENT

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm / Ghanaian Woman Dies While Driving At Top Speed To Catch Her Cheating Husband / Two BRT Buses Collide In Ikorodu, Many Injured (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.