Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

My Trip To Kenya In Pictures - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Kenya In Pictures (103855 Views)

My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam / My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State / My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Afam4eva(m): 9:03pm On Apr 23, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Really? Lasgidi the baby itself doesn't have 5 star hotel? You must be a comedian in your free time.
He's right. What a lot of people actually call 5 star is not 5 star.

19 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 9:04pm On Apr 23, 2017
Name one hotel you think is a 5 star and I will get the rating for you.

5 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by MtuMsuper: 9:10pm On Apr 23, 2017
BedLam:
Name one hotel you think is a 5 star and I will get the rating for you.
Am listening. Maybe you and I know what 5 star is. If i ever get to visit Lagos one day, i will take your advice very seriously.

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by cutieme(m): 9:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
@bedlam ,pls do justice to my question about cost of a selfcontain in nairobi.Also i wanna know the duration of the visa u were given.Is it a,month or what?
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 9:19pm On Apr 23, 2017
Surprisingly, Kenya's largest retail chain is wholely owned by Kenyan. The open 24/7!

9 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 9:19pm On Apr 23, 2017
cutieme:
@bedlam ,pls do justice to my question about cost of a selfcontain in nairobi.Also i wanna know the duration of the visa u were given.Is it a,month or what?
okay
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Afam4eva(m): 9:20pm On Apr 23, 2017
BedLam:
Surprisingly, Kenya's largest retail chain is wholely owned by Kenyan. The open 24/7!
Confirm if the Kenyan is an Indian grin

6 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by MtuMsuper: 9:25pm On Apr 23, 2017
Afam4eva:

While hes at it, can you confirm if Eko Atlantic is being developed by lebanese or nigerian? Is this really necessary?

6 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Afam4eva(m): 9:28pm On Apr 23, 2017
MtuMsuper:

While hes at it, can you confirm if Eko Atlantic is being developed by lebanese or nigerian? Is this really necessary?
I hope you know a lot of Indians are Kenyan by citizenship and they control a lot of things in Kenya. Most lebanese in Nigeria are expatriates.

9 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 9:30pm On Apr 23, 2017
Afam4eva:

He's Indian by race but was born in Kenya. Lol

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Afam4eva(m): 9:31pm On Apr 23, 2017
BedLam:
Lol grin I thought as much. I just knew it wasn't a black Kenyan. Anyways, this is a topic for another day.

7 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 9:34pm On Apr 23, 2017
Way to westgate mall.
My glass of JD while waiting for prawn Fajitas in a Cuban restaurant.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Jay254(m): 9:35pm On Apr 23, 2017
Kenya has so many chains of Supermarkets owned by mostly local kenyans and some by kenya born Indians, we also have international chains such as Carrefour from france,Game frame S.A and choppies from Botwana.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by MtuMsuper: 9:38pm On Apr 23, 2017
BedLam:
Legacy of the british empire we have kenyans of non African racial background. The mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, is also a british asian. There are alot of asian Africans in SA, zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi etc . We gave America Obama. Sometimes i look at the national team of France and I ask myself if am not seeing Togo or Cameroon playing.

No biggies here .

7 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 9:39pm On Apr 23, 2017
Cuban restaurante

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 9:40pm On Apr 23, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Legacy of the british empire we have kenyans of non African racial background. The mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, is also a british asian. There are alot of asian Africans in SA, zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi etc . We gave America Obama. Sometimes i look at the national team of France and I ask myself if am not seeing Togo or Cameroon playing.

No biggies here .
you are right

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by MtuMsuper: 9:44pm On Apr 23, 2017
Afam4eva:

Lol grin I thought as much. I just knew it wasn't a black Kenyan. Anyways, this is a topic for another day.
Naivas, Tuskys ,Tumaini , are just other major supermarket chains in kenya. Owned by back kenyans. You need to know that.Gat a problem with that? I guess not!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 9:46pm On Apr 23, 2017
Smoking hot Fajitas

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by MtuMsuper: 10:03pm On Apr 23, 2017
Afam4eva:

I hope you know a lot of Indians are Kenyan by citizenship and they control a lot of things in Kenya. Most lebanese in Nigeria are expatriates.
Not true. Lebanese africans hold citizenship in many west african countries from sierra leone to cote d'ivoire to Mali to Nigeria. Legacy of the French and British Empire. They just stopped living in the francophone/anglophone cocoon and ventured into English speaking west africa. True to their trading and wanderlust from their ancient Phoenician roots Everywhere they go, they are a trading people. The indians brought over to kenya by the british colonials were overwhelmingly gujarati, and even in india, they are of they are predominatly merchant caste.

A little history. Not to derail the thread though.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 23, 2017
BedLam:
I noticed that only their first president's picture they have in all of the Kenya shilling notes.

Not appealing to me.

Do Nairas have every single president on them?
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Afam4eva(m): 10:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Except for 3 denominations, the rest have past presidents and political leaders.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 10:36pm On Apr 23, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Not every single president but not one person.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 23, 2017
Afam4eva:

Except for 3 denominations, the rest have past presidents and political leaders.

BedLam:
Not every single president but not one person.

Sounds like a bad recipe.
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 11:02pm On Apr 23, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Sounds like a bad recipe.
You meant to say this isn't communism lol.
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
BedLam:
You meant to say this isn't communism lol.

cheesy I meant to ask how you prevent self gratification when a leader wants his damn ugly face on the notes !

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 7:07am On Apr 24, 2017
TayserMahiri:

cheesy I meant to ask how you prevent self gratification when a leader wants his damn ugly face on the notes !
i don't know how this is done but none of the our leader's from 1999 has his damn face there.
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 7:09am On Apr 24, 2017
Inside the bus to Massai! Good morning.
nyaber33:

Click on this link to see the numerous Shanti towns and slums in Nigeria :

https://www.google.com/search?q=nigeria+slums&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwihm8TAtrzTAhXEVxoKHXDTAJA4ChD8BQgGKAE&biw=1366&bih=662
Madam you aren't getting the narrative here.

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by nyaber33: 7:19am On Apr 24, 2017
BedLam:
Inside the bus to Massai! Good morning. Madam you aren't getting the narrative here.

i get it , im just responding to in a similar manner to this immature post

Pidgin2:
Click on this link to see the numerous Shanti towns and slums in Kenya :

https://www.google.com.ng/search?q=Slums+in+Kenya&prmd=inv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj_1YGMq7vTAhWpAcAKHS0mCGIQ_AUICCgB&biw=320&bih=488

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 7:19am On Apr 24, 2017
I don't know how they managed to go this far with tress and flowers. Commendable to say!

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 7:21am On Apr 24, 2017
You wouldn't compare at all, if you did.

Security is here is important.
You scan your bag while entering hotels and some other places just like you do in the airport.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (32) (Reply)

How A Nigerian Lady Landed In Europe Because Of 80 Naira Sachet Milk / Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road / Aircraft Being Transported In A Trailer Truck In Port-Harcourt. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.