Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

My Trip To Kenya In Pictures - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Kenya In Pictures (103865 Views)

My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam / My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State / My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Hbuyosh(m): 8:40am On Apr 24, 2017
But we are not going to ruin this thread wit such debates over which1 btwn Nairobi or Lasgidi and better.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Afobear: 9:08am On Apr 24, 2017
why these nigerian and kenyan devils wan come pour sand sand inside this thread ?

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Misterdhee1(m): 9:25am On Apr 24, 2017
Hbuyosh:

Also do this,

Google the images of Lagos suburbs

https://www.google.com/search?q=lagos+suburbs&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi7jIn2ybzTAhWEB8AKHc3iATUQ_AUICCgB&biw=1269&bih=865

Then google the images of Nairobi suburbs

https://www.google.com/search?q=Nairobi+suburbs&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiTqpucyrzTAhWIIsAKHVB-DD8Q_AUIBigB&biw=1269&bih=865

Hey, and the slums in Nairobi are really few and tiny, just around 10 or 15 of them, comprising of just around 15% of the total Nairobi area.
Kibera alone, the largest slum in Nairobi covers just around 2.48sq.km

Dont mind that pidgin lady abeg. She always seems to confront any thread acknowledging the beauty of other nations. She loves Nigeria, same as most Nigerians, but that shouldn't blind our sense of judgment towards other nations (especially those that we can learn from) . Maybe she is being paid for each of such posts sef. Only she knows

8 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by MtuMsuper: 9:25am On Apr 24, 2017
BedLam:
I don't know how they managed to go this far with tress and flowers. Commendable to say!
I think you meant to say tea and flowers.
The economy of kenya is a mixed one. No single sector takes the lions share, so its pretty much like a quilt. Agro based industries, tourism, engineering and construction, financials, manufacturing,shipping and related services, aviation, remittances from abroad etc etc all chipping in to the exchequer. Sadly until only 5 or so years ago we never had oil. Little in the way of minerals too.

Oga, please remember the food part. When you get there post visuals of your breakfast lunch etc.

In the middle of the Mara are some of the most exclusive and outrageously expensive hotels, camps and resorts. Its estimated that the park generates at least 100 million $ in revenue every year. It was once the source of a tussle between central govt and Narok county govt. For those who watch Nat Geo, you better know those animals bring in serious dollars to our economy. Maybe your govt can send a delegation to understudy us to see how they can develop Yankari for example. We are saddened by how nigerians slaughter wildlife willy nilly as I witness here in nairaland all the time.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 24, 2017
BedLam:
i don't know how this is done but none of the our leader's from 1999 has his damn face there.

Hail to the new millennium !
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 24, 2017
BedLam:
You wouldn't compare at all, if you did.

Security is here is important.
You scan your bag while entering hotels and some other places just like you do in the airport.

Thats what you do when your immediate neighbor is Somalia ! I'm sure you noticed every single street in the city is monitored with integrated CCTVs (the flashing ones). They are fitted with facial recognition software so every person walking the streets is always in the radar ! The body scans happen everywhere even in churches and mosques; any institution that fails to do that is liable in case of an attack, hence they better do it.

Now, we are patiently waiting for the ugali pics wink

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 10:44am On Apr 24, 2017
MtuMsuper:

I think you meant to say tea and flowers.
The economy of kenya is a mixed one. No single sector takes the lions share, so its pretty much like a quilt. Agro based industries, tourism, engineering and construction, financials, manufacturing,shipping and related services, aviation, remittances from abroad etc etc all chipping in to the exchequer. Sadly until only 5 or so years ago we never had oil. Little in the way of minerals too.

Oga, please remember the food part. When you get there post visuals of your breakfast lunch etc.

In the middle of the Mara are some of the most exclusive and outrageously expensive hotels, camps and resorts. Its estimated that the park generates at least 100 million $ in revenue every year. It was once the source of a tussle between central govt and Narok county govt. For those who watch Nat Geo, you better know those animals bring in serious dollars to our economy. Maybe your govt can send a delegation to understudy us to see how they can develop Yankari for example. We are saddened by how nigerians slaughter wildlife willy nilly as I witness here in nairaland all the time.
Yankari would have been a better place to behold but we don't give ears to tourism. Oil is what the govt knows. Sadly, we are only 5 in the bus, 2 Americans and one Italian plus the driver. It's a great thing learning about ourselves and countries. Love it.

7 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by sHOTdownHawk: 10:53am On Apr 24, 2017
streetwise2015:
@sHOTdownHawk What is Biometric? Do u mean BVN? Please Clarify me?

your national ID and Passport,(biometric a must). And a returning ticket to your home country (especially if nigerian, returm ticket to nigeria is a must, no transit through nairobi)

Personally if you dont now what biometric ID or Pass is, you should not be allowed to travel outside your country. But it has come to my attention nigeria stil uses both non biometric and biometric pass.

Thats the new generation IDs and Pass which have your finger, iris and even dental prints stored in it. Just for security purpose.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 10:57am On Apr 24, 2017
Lol. Calm down. This is not needed anywhere. Not in Kenya to say.
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by sHOTdownHawk: 11:13am On Apr 24, 2017
BedLam:
Lol. Calm down. This is not needed anywhere. Not in Kenya to say.

If you say soooo

Anyways am visiting nigeria again soon. Any recommendation to a nai-boy!!!!
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 24, 2017
Afam4eva:

Confirm if the Kenyan is an Indian grin
Last I checked, Tuskys, owned by Black African Kenyans also has 24 hour stores, One in Nairobi and Tuskys Mtwapa operate 24 hours a day.
However, Nakumatt has more stores operating 24 hours a day.I presume the person visited Nakumatt Ukay which is just a few meters from Westgate Mall and operates 24/7.
Nakumatt is indeed owned by a Kenyan of Asian descent, but it is not the only retail chain in Kenya and although the largest, it only has a market share of 12%.
Kenya's retail sector is dominated by Black Africans as the second largest supermarkets, Tuskys and Naivas are owned by Black Africans. Uchumi, owned by the Kenyan Government comes fourth. Ukwala is the only foreign owned supermarket in the list that comes fifth.It was initially local but is now a subsidiary of Choppies. Nakumatt has minimal presence in mid sized towns where locally owned supermarkets dominate. For example if you go to the Kalenjin inhabited areas like Eldoret, Nandi Hills, the dominant supermarket is Kassmatt, owned by a Kalenjin.Go to Central Kenya, Maathai Supermarkets, owned by a Kikuyu is found in all the major towns of Central Kenya and only has one store in Nairobi. Eastmatt is based in the Central Rift and is most likely owned by a Maasai(as it started in Mau Narok and has stores all over the Central and South Rift.

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by sHOTdownHawk: 1:18pm On Apr 24, 2017
GERALD710:

Last I checked, Tuskys, owned by Black African Kenyans also has 24 hour stores, One in Nairobi and Tuskys Mtwapa operate 24 hours a day.
However, Nakumatt has more stores operating 24 hours a day.I presume the person visited Nakumatt Ukay which is just a few meters from Westgate Mall and operates 24/7.
Nakumatt is indeed owned by a Kenyan of Asian descent, but it is not the only retail chain in Kenya and although the largest, it only has a market share of 12%.
Kenya's retail sector is dominated by Black Africans as the second largest supermarkets, Tuskys and Naivas are owned by Black Africans. Uchumi, owned by the Kenyan Government comes fourth. Ukwala is the only foreign owned supermarket in the list that comes fifth.It was initially local but is now a subsidiary of Choppies. Nakumatt has minimal presence in mid sized towns where locally owned supermarkets dominate. For example if you go to the Kalenjin inhabited areas like Eldoret, Nandi Hills, the dominant supermarket is Kassmatt, owned by a Kalenjin.Go to Central Kenya, Maathai Supermarkets, owned by a Kikuyu is found in all the major towns of Central Kenya and only has one store in Nairobi. Eastmatt is based in the Central Rift and is most likely owned by a Maasai(as it started in Mau Narok and has stores all over the Central and South Rift.

Why do kenyans have the need to prove stupid nigerians wrong? Makes us look too desperate. Or maybe my african pride(if such a ting exist) is lacking....... or maybe arguing with a dumm person makes you dummer.
Anyways this is a tread created by a nigerian that claims nairobi is better than lagos and abuja. Thats sounds right to me....

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by dasparrow: 1:56pm On Apr 24, 2017
sHOTdownHawk:

Why do kenyans have the need to prove stupid nigerians wrong? Makes us look too desperate. Or maybe my african pride(if such a ting exist) is lacking....... or maybe arguing with a dumm person makes you dummer.
Anyways this is a tread created by a nigerian that claims nairobi is better than lagos and abuja. Thats sounds right to me....

Calm down! I think he is educating those that are ignorant about which supermarket chains are owned by whom to dispel any false information. We are all here to learn. This thread is very informative and I would hate for it to turn into an abusive thread like most threads on Nairaland these days. We are here to learn from one another and not to become abusive towards each other. No wonder Late Bob Marley - a Jamaican - sang the song "Africa unite" because he saw how divisive Africans can get with each other.

@OP

Nice one! I have never visited any African country. Europe and America is were am conversant with.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Pavore9: 4:52pm On Apr 24, 2017
odinga1of:

Okay Boss solet me just say N500,000 will be enough for 1 month right. I want to go and visit some friends in Nairobi.

Since you will be staying with friends, N500k will cover you.
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Pavore9: 5:08pm On Apr 24, 2017
Pidgin2:

Hmmm Lagos is finer than what I'm seeing here, I will post pics later

Born and raised in Lagos, live and work in Nairobi...I know which city is more pleasant to live in.

13 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 5:12pm On Apr 24, 2017
sHOTdownHawk:

Eh. Didn't quote Abuja lol! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by cutieme(m): 5:15pm On Apr 24, 2017
@pavore9,longest time bro,how is the husstling over there and how is life generally now in nairobi?

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 5:15pm On Apr 24, 2017
Our trip to the Massai Mara took about 7 hours plus. I'm on hotel wifi which is slow and there's no network here unless Edge. Will upload when I can.

Inside the bus, on our way.

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Pavore9: 5:18pm On Apr 24, 2017
cutieme:
@pavore9,longest time bro,how is the husstling over there and how is life generally now in nairobi?

Life is Good!

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by cutieme(m): 5:19pm On Apr 24, 2017
Bro bedlam,u refuse to answer my questions,ok ooo.Well how is kenya compared to seychelles,thought u said u have been there...
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by cutieme(m): 5:21pm On Apr 24, 2017
@pavore9,ok,am looking at migrating to kenya at the end of the year God willing.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Pavore9: 5:23pm On Apr 24, 2017
cutieme:
@pavore9,ok,am looking at migrating to kenya at the end of the year God willing.

Just have a good relocation plan...Wishing you the best.
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by cutieme(m): 5:27pm On Apr 24, 2017
@pavore9,relocation plan in terms of.....though i've been saving up some funds but pls i'd like u to brush me up on things i should do sequel to my coming,thanks.
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by sHOTdownHawk: 5:34pm On Apr 24, 2017
BedLam:
Eh. Didn't quote Abuja lol! cheesy

Well true, but we all know its just a matter of time be4 you change your mind cheesy
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Pavore9: 5:34pm On Apr 24, 2017
cutieme:
@pavore9,relocation plan in terms of.....though i've been saving up some funds but pls i'd like u to brush me up on things i should do sequel to my coming,thanks.

Your purpose of relocating and how you intend to sustain yourself as I have encountered many Nigerians in Nairobi who are at a dead end!
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 5:35pm On Apr 24, 2017
This is a camp inside the bush. Lol. Lovely people here and the environment is nice!

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 5:38pm On Apr 24, 2017
cutieme:
Bro bedlam,u refuse to answer my questions,ok ooo.Well how is kenya compared to seychelles,thought u said u have been there...
Sorry, it's because I haven't seen my pal face to face since then and I don't wanna ask over the phone.

You want to go live with friends ? My guy, better box up! That friend you think you know in Nigeria don change once he live Nigeria. I have seen many people experience this and the end is nothing good. Them full Ghana remain.

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by cutieme(m): 5:42pm On Apr 24, 2017
@pavore,well i intend to go into online business like buying and selling of bitcoins cards e.t.c.I also plan to do importation business as well or check out the area that is void which i can feel up business wise.This is because i want to make my money legally.I can't and wouldn't soil my hands all in the name of money.I'm not cut out for that kind of life.
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by sHOTdownHawk: 5:50pm On Apr 24, 2017
dasparrow:

Calm down! I think he is educating those that are ignorant about which supermarket chains are owned by whom to dispel any false information. We are all here to learn. This thread is very informative and I would hate for it to turn into an abusive thread like most threads on Nairaland these days. We are here to learn from one another and not to become abusive towards each other. No wonder Late Bob Marley - a Jamaican - sang the song "Africa unite" because he saw how divisive Africans can get with each other.

@OP

Nice one! I have never visited any African country. Europe and America is were am conversant with.

But he different kind of african. Provocatuer at his finest a troll. Ppl who need education always ask the question. That dude made a statement to provoke a reaction.

A country so homogeneous like nigeria dont get it when they see indians or whites claiming to be kenyans and even africans.

Ps where in europe. I might hit you up soon...
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 24, 2017
sHOTdownHawk:

Stupid Nigerians abi, may I ask what you are doing on here? It's not your fault, this forum is faceless so you can keep insulting, I have already shown that the biggest slum in Africa is situated in your country. In fact, the top 4 largest slums are in Kenya

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by sHOTdownHawk: 5:55pm On Apr 24, 2017
Pavore9:

Your purpose of relocating and how you intend to sustain yourself as I have encountered many Nigerians in Nairobi who are at a dead end!
One word: DEPORT
How: Faster than lightening

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (32) (Reply)

How A Nigerian Lady Landed In Europe Because Of 80 Naira Sachet Milk / Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road / Aircraft Being Transported In A Trailer Truck In Port-Harcourt. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.