Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,257 members, 7,953,970 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:03 AM

Quitting Your Job Does Not Have To Be A Nerve-wracking Decision - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Quitting Your Job Does Not Have To Be A Nerve-wracking Decision (447 Views)

9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! / Avoid These Phrases When You Are Quitting Your Job / 10 Things You Must Do Before Quitting Your Job To Start Your Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Quitting Your Job Does Not Have To Be A Nerve-wracking Decision by Olubukola01(m): 12:26pm On Apr 20, 2017
It is no more news that underemployment seems to be the order of the day in recent times. Millennial employees take up jobs for economic reasons or for the sake of just getting something to do even if the job pays them a salary that does not correspond to their level of education or training. Hence, salary which is supposed to be a take home does not even get home.

Another phenomenon rocking millennial's is working at a job that does not align with one's life dream/purpose for almost the same reason as that of underemployment.

These scenarios is causing a lot of millenials not to perform at their utmost best in the jobs they find themselves in, which inherently affects their productivity and at times causes frustration and resentment at their jobs. However, this should not be, as one is supposed to connect with the job he/she finds himself/herself doing because this is the only way one can grow and get the most out of what he/she is doing.
So what should the person who finds himself/herself in such a situation do to change this condition?

The solution that readily and easily comes to mind is to quit such job for another on if underemployed or switch career to one that aligns more with your dream or even set out to start a business so as to achieve one's life purpose. At least, a wise man once said that we all have the tendency to start a business because even if you work all your life, a time will come when you will need to retire and you will definitely need a source of income to support your living for the rest of your life.

This resolution to quit one's job as fast as it easily comes to mind as the only reasonable way out, taking such decision is a scary one because of the uncertainty that comes with it and for the bold-hearted, taking such decision without giving it adequate thought and proper planning can end up hurting you.

But, this does not have to be the case once there is a step by step guide to follow in thinking through the whole decision of quitting and knowing what to put in place before turning in the resignation letter.

For this reason and more is why I decided to put my thoughts together in a book titled "HOW TO QUIT YOUR 9-5 WITHOUT REGRET: A PRACTICAL GUIDE FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO CHANGE JOB, SWITCH CAREER, OR START A BUSINESS” so as to assist you in your quitting sojourn. Actually, quitting one's job does not have to be a nerve-wracking decision. In my opinion, it should be easy and exciting because you need that exhilarating energy in the next phase of your life once you finally quit.

I drew from my three-time experience of quitting from different jobs and interaction with different millennial employees who has or are about to quit their jobs. I have included in the book what I wish I knew back then while jumping ships, what has worked for individuals who have successfully quit their jobs and what I am currently putting into practice myself.

You will find the book a joyful read and get practical steps on what you need to be doing NOW before you quit or ever think of quitting your job. Hence, the book is for all millennial employees who are unsatisfied with their jobs and will like to get the best out of it and also take the bold step of quitting one day.

Don't take my word for it. Read what those who have had the opportunity to read the book are saying;
The book is an eye-opener. I would have quit my job based on my emotion, which would have led to fatal career mistake and ultimately regret in life.
- Engr. Ibukun Olaoluwa, Civil Engineer|Lagos, Nigeria

The book is short and precise. I had to read it over and over and it kept making sense. It will definitely assist me to make my quitting decision.
- Abd'Ganiu Adeoso (ASG), Medical Sales Rep.|Lagos, Nigeria
How to Quit Your 9 - 5 Without Regret will assist you to prepare well and minimise the unforeseen problem that may arise when you quit your job.
- Moshood Haruna, Research Assistant|Ogbomosho, Nigeria

The book is unique. It presents the subject very clearly. Yes, it is because the writer did not just write but spoke from his rich experience. A very good part of the book -How to Quit Your 9-5 Without Regret is the Chapter on Gratitude. It is helpful in several stages: During the job (before quitting)- it helps.

I think the book - How to Quit Your 9-5 Without Regret is more than a guide to quit a job but a general guide for employees. It will help employees to know their worth/level and if keeping their job is the right path for them to achieve their life goals or if it is best to leave the job.
- Ahmed Tukur, Agriculturist|Abuja, Nigeria

Now, I know you must be salivating and want to get the book right away as someone once reached out to me saying - I need this book right away. Loool.

The book will be all yours starting from 1st May, 2017. It will be published on Amazon.com and Okadabooks.com by God's grace.
To get notified when the book get published, you can send me an email at esarogundade@gmail.com and you will be the first to know once it is up for GRAB.

To your Phenomenal Achievement always!
Suhaib Arogundade
Self Development Propagator

(1) (Reply)

Hotel Card Locks Rfid Systems / Omg!!! I Need A Part Time Job Without Sweating / Study Nursing And Be Registered Practical Nurses (rpns)to Work In Ontario Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.