Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,269 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Lawmaker Warns Whistleblowers ' We Are Not The Richest Office Holder' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawmaker Warns Whistleblowers ' We Are Not The Richest Office Holder' (1107 Views)

See The Highest Ibo Political Office Holder / Kano Is Not Lagos-lawmaker Warns Tinubu / FG Pays 20 Whistleblowers N375.8M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawmaker Warns Whistleblowers ' We Are Not The Richest Office Holder' by Lancer1(m): 12:49pm On Apr 20, 2017
A member of the House of Representatives, Mr. Zakari Mohammed, says members of the National Assembly are not the highest paid political office holders in Nigeria.

Mohammed, who represents Baruten/Kaiama Federal Constituency, also denied that the legislators pay was a guarded secret.

“The public perception of the National Assembly is in sharp contrast to the reality on the ground as far as the lawmakers take-home and other allowances are concerned,” he told the News Agency of Nigeria on Thursday in Gure, Baruten Local Government Area of Kwara.
According to him, chief executives of federal agencies earn more salary than the National Assembly members.

“I can tell you that a Director-General of a Federal agency is far and above better than a member of parliament in terms of what he takes home in terms of pegs of office.
“Whatever a legislature does is within the limit of his allowances and the salary that he takes.

“Whatever we do is within the income, we don’t award contracts, we don’t execute projects.”
Mohammed, however, advocated regular interface between the National Assembly and the public to address what he termed as current erroneous perception on the matter.

“So for me, I believe it is a mindset and it is going to take sometimes to get it off Nigerians heads, and I believe a regular interface with the public will change the psyche with time.”
The lawmaker noted that the legislature had been painted in bad light since the inception of the fourth republic.

“The National Assembly since 1999 has been living with image issue and of course I’m saying it without any fear of contradiction that it was caused by the then President (Olusegun) Obasanjo.

“To me, it is matter of psyche. Nigeria must get it out of them that legislature is being painted in the kind of light that it is not supposed to be, because I have been a member of the house and know exactly what they are doing”, he said.
Re: Lawmaker Warns Whistleblowers ' We Are Not The Richest Office Holder' by diegosticks(m): 1:01pm On Apr 20, 2017
If they are not, then who? I guess the school teachers.

Yeye dey smell
Re: Lawmaker Warns Whistleblowers ' We Are Not The Richest Office Holder' by Acidosis(m): 1:55pm On Apr 20, 2017
diegosticks:
If they are not, then who? I guess the school teachers.

Yeye dey smell

You guys should learn how to think like proper graduates.

Are you insinuating that Senator Akpabio earn more than what he got while serving as the Governor of Akwa Ibom state?

You guys should learn how to analyze the simplest of the simplest concern without necessarily basing your judgment on what an illiterate in Aso Rock thinks about NASS.

The poorest Governor in the current day Nigeria is way richer than the richest 1st time serving NASS member - That's a fact from me.

Senators basic salaries are determined by the Federal Government. For the Governors, they set their own preferred Salary, they can so choose to divert the allocation of 21 local governments and heaven will not fall, and of course, the dum.bass citizens will not do anything.

Kogi state Governor has currently diverted several months allocation on investment. That's what an average Governor does. They get the funds, invest like N3billion in a bank in order to realize at least N300million interest within 6 months. During this period, civil servants can die, and protest all they want, and heavens will not fall, after all, the dum.bass citizens care more about a NASS that has little or no contributions to make to an average citizen even if they earn N5 per month.

Our lives won't improve even if all the Senators decide to work for FREE. We are so diverted from the real issues in this country.

Before you mention Saraki, Dino, etc, remember where they came from. They didnt start looting 2 years ago.

If you care to know how "poor" the Legislators are when compared to an average Governor, go and check the lifestyle of a 1st time serving Senator, not Saraki, Dino, David Mark, or Stella Oduah.

Any illiterate that really wants to loot should envy a gubernatorial position far ahead of a Legislative position.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawmaker Warns Whistleblowers ' We Are Not The Richest Office Holder' by diegosticks(m): 2:28pm On Apr 20, 2017
Acidosis:

Are you insinuating that Senator Akpabio earn more than what he got while serving as the Governor of Akwa Ibom state?

You guys should learn how to analyze the simplest of the simplest concern without necessarily basing your judgment on what an illiterate in Aso Rock thinks about NASS.

The poorest Governor in the current day Nigeria is way richer than the richest 1st time serving NASS member - That's a fact from me.

Senators basic salaries are determined by the Federal Government. For the Governors, they set their own preferred Salary, they can so choose to divert the allocation of 21 local governments and heaven will not fall, and of course, the dum.bass citizens will not do anything.

Kogi state Governor has currently diverted several months allocation on investment. That's what an average Governor does. They get the funds, invest like N3billion in a bank in order to realize at least N300million interest within 6 months. During this period, civil servants can die, and protest all they want, and heavens will not fall, after all, the dum.bass citizens care more about a NASS that has little or no contributions to make to an average citizen even if they earn N5 per month.

Our lives won't improve even if all the Senators decide to work for FREE. We are so diverted from the real issues in this country.

Before you mention Saraki, Dino, etc, remember where they came from. They didnt start looting 2 years ago.

If you care to know how "poor" the Legislators are when compared to an average Governor, go and check the lifestyle of a 1st time serving Senator, not Saraki, Dino, David Mark, or Stella Oduah.

Any illiterate that really wants to loot should envy a gubernatorial position far ahead of a Legislative position.

Seems you're frustrated, please locate the nearest bridge
Re: Lawmaker Warns Whistleblowers ' We Are Not The Richest Office Holder' by Acidosis(m): 2:32pm On Apr 20, 2017
diegosticks:

Seems you're frustrated, please locate the nearest bridge

I don't blame you. There's nothing I will say that will change your opinion until Buhari himself declares the Senate as a body of Saints.

I understand its one of those sacrifices a typical zombie has to make.

grin grin grin
Re: Lawmaker Warns Whistleblowers ' We Are Not The Richest Office Holder' by diegosticks(m): 2:42pm On Apr 20, 2017
Acidosis:

I don't blame you. There's nothing I will say that will change your opinion until Buhari himself declares the Senate as a body of Saints.

I understand its one of those sacrifices a typical zombie has to make.

grin grin grin

Seems you ate enough amala and ewedu and feel you have enough strength. If I woze you slap you find ya mate. Oponu
Re: Lawmaker Warns Whistleblowers ' We Are Not The Richest Office Holder' by kuuljay(m): 4:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
Acidosis:

as a proper graduate can you start by giving him the definition of an illiterate? Let's see how educated you are
Re: Lawmaker Warns Whistleblowers ' We Are Not The Richest Office Holder' by helinues: 4:43pm On Apr 20, 2017
Why warning if they do not have skeleton in their cupboard?
Re: Lawmaker Warns Whistleblowers ' We Are Not The Richest Office Holder' by Raddie(m): 5:19pm On Apr 20, 2017
Acidosis:

Now you're sounding like a paid script.
Re: Lawmaker Warns Whistleblowers ' We Are Not The Richest Office Holder' by glord380: 7:12pm On Apr 20, 2017
Acidosis:

Seriously you made sense but Nigerians have the mentality of believing what have being in existence without thinking to get information and process it.
Re: Lawmaker Warns Whistleblowers ' We Are Not The Richest Office Holder' by Acidosis(m): 7:51am On Apr 21, 2017
glord380:
Seriously you made sense but Nigerians have the mentality of believing what have being in existence without thinking to get information and process it.

That's why the country will hardly move forward.

They prefer rumours over credible data

They prefer the judgment of public sentiments and opinions over the verdict of a credible law court.

(1) (Reply)

Why the "No Election In Anambra" By Nnamdi Kanu will Work - Femi Cole / Fatal Accident Between Tipper & Okada Leaves 3 Dead In Akwa Ibom. Graphic Photos / OPC To IPOB Chief: Stop Attacking Obasanjo, Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.