Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,217 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) (49200 Views)

Two Teenagers Drown In Lagos Beach / Man Lures 16-Year-Old Girl From Facebook To Benin Hotel, Kidnaps And Rapes Her / Two Hookers Fight Over A Yahoo Boy In Benin Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by histemple: 3:36pm On Apr 20, 2017
figure007:
What's the foundation of that hotel? Who owns it ?? When you look t the second guy he doesn't look like someone who got drowned ....at least he must be filled with water and swollen I think .... Investigate that hotel well...especially the owner.... Am not concluding though but just do ... People ain't to he trusted ... Don't quote me if you don't understand what I just said o

You are absolutely correct. I don't believe these two people don't know how to swim.
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by juman(m): 3:37pm On Apr 20, 2017
Keneking:
But that is not a standard swimming pool undecided
Maybe drunk or drugged before entering the pool

Okaayy.

I was wondering how come both died like chicken like that.
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by arleck(m): 3:39pm On Apr 20, 2017
eh!! gewd lawd.. i hate anythn water.. the last tym i checked i almost got drowned in a 5ft pool.. i just jejely got out frm tha pool and just go sit nd chill by the corner
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by kingsley88(m): 3:42pm On Apr 20, 2017
who send him message in wike's voice
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by kalemy(m): 3:43pm On Apr 20, 2017
RIP to their parents.[/quote] undecided
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by hresso: 3:43pm On Apr 20, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

Life guard in a hotel swimming pool ??

I've been to almost 100 5 stars in Africa, North America and Europe, I've never seen a life guard on site

Do you know what privacy is ??

Have you seen a life guard at Eko hotel ??

A newly wed couple enjoying their private time in a hotel swimming pool and a life guard stands behind them breathing on their neck

Well there should be a life guard if the swimming pool is for public use..

1 Like

Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by Libyrd(f): 3:44pm On Apr 20, 2017
RIP. How did this happen??!
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by Hades2016(m): 3:44pm On Apr 20, 2017
This is the reason why I don't swim cuz I can't swim and that is why I always stay away from pool...... RIP to the dead
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by holluphemydavid(m): 3:45pm On Apr 20, 2017
rest in peace to d dead
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by Sanchez01: 3:46pm On Apr 20, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

Do you realize that some people live in a hotel ??
Obviously, yes. But a hundred (100) 5 star hotel? C'mon!

histemple:

It's a basic requirement to have lifeguards (Professional Divers) if you must operate a swimming pool anywhere in the world.

penta:

There is always a life guard watching. You may not notice. When next you go to another standard swimming pool in a hotel, ask if they have one. It's a most for every standard hotel.
There are no pool lifeguards in recreational pools, for privacy reasons. The only condition wherein a lifeguard would be on standby would be during a pool party.

I remember a time I stayed a week in an hotel in Lekki. Long story short, a friend who thought swimming is natural dived from the 6ft section. Luckily, I and couple of other friends were there. He had a fill of the pool before we dragged him out. Funniest part is, the hotel manager came out and asked if he should call an ambulance. Some of my friends were angry that there should have been a lifeguard on standby and kept on ranting about how they would have lost a friend. I couldn't argue much because I had always known how it works. We never had a pool party, so there was no need for a lifeguard.

The hotel in question is a very popular one in Lekki and it's a four-star hotel. This happened about four years ago.

I think the problem here is mistaking a sporting pool for a recreational pool within an hotel.

2 Likes

Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by Vioncy(f): 3:52pm On Apr 20, 2017
YOUNGKAHUNA:
Heaven knows say I no sabi swim, so I no dey even near any large body of water. RIP

Abi o during my vacation in my school..... i went with some friend to a beach and God! when i entered the beach/river i was damn scared and for 3 days i was not myself i kelp seeing myself inside water

the feeling is like the water is up ur heart.... infact i can't explain but i do understand......R I P lads
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by LockDown69(m): 3:54pm On Apr 20, 2017
Them no sabi swim, wetin carry dem go pool angry
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 20, 2017
YOUNGKAHUNA:
Heaven knows say I no sabi swim, so I no dey even near any large body of water. RIP
Same here.
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by Esther001: 3:57pm On Apr 20, 2017
You can do this by using appropriate keywords depending on the image or story being researched on. For instance for this topic I just typed in "swimming pool death in nigeria" on google and clicked on the image tab. You would find this picture there with the real story.
histemple:

Please educate me on how to conduct a picture search.
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by hresso: 3:57pm On Apr 20, 2017
figure007:
What's the foundation of that hotel? Who owns it ?? When you look t the second guy he doesn't look like someone who got drowned ....at least he must be filled with water and swollen I think .... Investigate that hotel well...especially the owner.... Am not concluding though but just do ... People ain't to he trusted ... Don't quote me if you don't understand what I just said o

Haba!

It's well like konga abule.
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by linearity: 4:02pm On Apr 20, 2017
Next2Bezee:
As a popular pool, that hotel is supposed to have life guards on stand-by whether or not they're having a busy day at the pool angry It could have been prevented if there was a lifeguard to save them or at least raise alarm so they can be saved on time. angry

People that visit the pool have to observe the rules and know their limits. As a learner myself, nothing fit carry me go the deep part of pool.

RIP to their parents.

The former part of your comment is not true, even in North America, you only have life guards on public beaches, public swimming pools and they are even only there on certain days...I have been to countless hotels home and abroad, no single lifeguard at the swimming pools.

But, the later part of your comment is on point, and it is good we all learn how to swim, you do not know when that skill will come handy.
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by chrisviral(m): 4:10pm On Apr 20, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

I've been to almost 100 5 stars in Africa, North America and Europe, I've never seen a life guard on site

A newly wed couple enjoying their private time in a hotel swimming pool and a life guard stands behind them breathing on their neck

Lie with grace.

All the hotels I have been to in Montreal, Toronto, Miami, New York, New Jersey and even Aba has a life guard. Say what you know please... life guards in any pool is a necessity, the hotel can be sued for that.

Even public beaches in North America has life guards. I don't know what hotel you have been going to but they ain't 5 stars and they are not in North America or Europe.

2 Likes

Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by Organs(m): 4:11pm On Apr 20, 2017
daewoorazer:
Things we do wen complacency sets in place.

Swimming got rules but hell no, we won't observe them

We are always too big for simple rules

While some will fly to meet the Lord, you two decided to swim.

RIP fellas

Naijas always lacking common sense. You have to enforce the rules else nobody will follow rules. You cannot hear of people dying in "Hotel" swimming pool abroad unless maybe suicide, i.e someone sneaked in and jump in, else, people are always there ensuring everyone is safe so it is not up to you to follow rules, the hotel will ensure it is followed to keep everyone safe and alive.

#zanga
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by delishpot: 4:19pm On Apr 20, 2017
histemple:

If you use chrome browser. Just click on the photo and options would pop up you pick the one you want.
Like the example here

Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by 2bam: 4:33pm On Apr 20, 2017
I said it ooooo all these children we not leave play house the place is always filled up with small small boys and girls_,u have never swim in your life before but because you want to show up look out what it has resulted to.I hate seeing untimely death.rip.
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by Next2Bezee(m): 4:36pm On Apr 20, 2017
acada111:

Haba

Typo, don't mind me.

Was supposed to be RIP, Feel sorry for their parents.
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by Next2Bezee(m): 4:37pm On Apr 20, 2017
linearity:

The former part of your comment is not true, even in North America, you only have life guards on public beaches, public swimming pools and they are even only there on certain days...I have been to countless hotels home and abroad, no single lifeguard at the swimming pools.

But, the later part of your comment is on point, and it is good we all learn how to swim, you do not know when that skill will come handy.

I stand corrected then.

With swimming, even the experts have to exercise an element of caution anytime they are in the deep end. What a sad way to go.
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by lepasharon(f): 4:56pm On Apr 20, 2017
greenpasture:

True but i am not sure that these two bodies are from this story. I am waiting till i get to my desktop to do picture search. I am pretty sure i saw these same pictures several months ago in another story elsewhere on the web.

Out of respect i dont want to say too much but these pics are not recent.

It probably isnt ops fault. The pictures came on the story but i doubt they are authentic
Ur right

Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by Missmossy(f): 4:56pm On Apr 20, 2017
Ewww such a tragic loss embarassed Something seems amiss here though.
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by Stoicbaba(m): 4:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
Next2Bezee:
As a popular pool, that hotel is supposed to have life guards on stand-by whether or not they're having a busy day at the pool angry It could have been prevented if there was a lifeguard to save them or at least raise alarm so they can be saved on time. angry

People that visit the pool have to observe the rules and know their limits. As a learner myself, nothing fit carry me go the deep part of pool.

RIP, Feel sorry for their parents.
[i][quote author=Next2Bezee post=55746435]As a popular pool, that hotel is supposed to have life guards on stand-by whether or not they're having a busy day at the pool angry It could have been prevented if there was a lifeguard to save them or at least raise alarm so they can be saved on time. angry

[b][/b] RIP, Feel sorry for their parents
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by poshestmina(f): 5:17pm On Apr 20, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

There are life guards in almost every hotel bt u might nt know ,they just stay arnd nt necessarily close to d pool bt if there's an emergency ,u'll see them diving into d pool lyk sharks.
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 20, 2017
lepasharon:

Ur right

Awesome well done. Youve busted it. smiley
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by Naturalobserver(m): 5:24pm On Apr 20, 2017
Sanchez01:

Lol! There are no life guards and recreational pools. I have never seen one myself. The question should have been 'are pool floats (or floaters) provided to noobs who intend to use the pool?

There are life guards, however, in sporting pools, and it's mandatory to have them.

@the emboldened, continuuu grin
hotel
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 20, 2017
histemple:

Reverse image search using your phone or tablet
Use the Chrome app to do a search.
Touch the image you want to search with to open a larger version of the image.
Press and hold the image. In the box that appears, touch Search Google for this image.
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by Naturalobserver(m): 5:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
Sanchez01:

Lol! There are no life guards and recreational pools. I have never seen one myself. The question should have been 'are pool floats (or floaters) provided to noobs who intend to use the pool?

There are life guards, however, in sporting pools, and it's mandatory to have them.

@the emboldened, continuuu grin
Hotel or recreational,it is used by the public.there are some people who do not know how to swim and they like to enjoy what others are enjoying hence a need for lifeguard.I knew 3 different life guards at some points at Precious Palm Royal Hotel swimming pool few kilometers away from where this very tragic incidence occured.
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by Tapout(m): 5:37pm On Apr 20, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by histemple: 5:54pm On Apr 20, 2017
delishpot:

If you use chrome browser. Just click on the photo and options would pop up you pick the one you want.
Like the example here

Thanks, I appreciate this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) / Two Suspected Robbers Set Ablaze In Calabar By Angry Mob (Graphic Photos) / Two Kidnappers Arrested In Katsina Forest (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.