Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,621 members, 7,840,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

What Your Waist-to-hip Ratio Says About You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Your Waist-to-hip Ratio Says About You (1143 Views)

Benefits Of Wearing Beads On Your Waist As A Lady / Lady Uses Chicken Leg As Waist Bead / I Held Her Waist, To Me It's A Very Very Very Green Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Your Waist-to-hip Ratio Says About You by FitnessDoctor: 6:47pm On Apr 20, 2017
Hello my name is Paul Samuel your favorite Health Blogger with the hashtag #speakingfromexperience

Most people don't know how healthy they actually are. They don't know that there is something like living a healthy lifestyle and living a lifestyle which will not only reduces your chances of living above 60 years but also affects your children and so on.

Some people I spoke with believe that if they feel healthy then they are healthy, although I took a closer look and found out that many of them sleep for more than 9 hours in a day. They are barely active, consume a lot of alcohol all in the name of living life and living good.

Like I always say, if you want to look good and stay that way, you have to listen to what I say and I am saying that you cannot just walk up to the mirror and say that I am healthy because I feel healthy.

There are checkups you need to carry out to ensure you are healthy enough to keep going for your dreams or one day you will find yourself making wrong decisions because your brain is not healthy enough to keep moving.

One of such checkups is the measurement of your waist-to-hip ratio.

Your waist-to-hip ratio tells you how healthy you are. It tells you if you are at risk of diseases such as Cancer, Diabetes, Hepatitis B. Many people don't actually know about this, but that is why I am here. and this is what I share with my subscribers every time (If you are not a subscriber you can subscribe here https://page.co/v9dY).

Also, your waist-to-hip ratio tells you if you how much belly fat you need to lose to make you look good if you are trying to lose fat.

How to Measure Your Waist-to-Hip Ratio

Measuring your waist-to-hip ratio is very easy. I made sure I added this in my ebook "Get Rid of Belly Fat", to give you a perspective of what you need to lose when following the guides in the ebook.

To measure your waist to hip ratio

Stand properly and don’t slouch, or bend

Put your feet together.

Take a measuring tape, wrap it around the thinnest part of your waist which should be just above your belly button (known as waist circumference)

Take the measurement when you exhale.

Write down the measurement.

Now, measure the widest parts of your hips which should be the widest part of your buttocks (known as hip circumference).

Take the measurement when you exhale.

You can take both measurements twice or thrice to get a more accurate measurement.

Divide your waist circumference by your hip circumference.

For example

When I did my measurements, I had a waist circumference of 28 inches and a hip circumference of 35 inches

Dividing 28 by 35 gave me 0.8 which is my waist to hip ratio

For Women

Women with a waist ratio of 0.8 or less are safe and healthy.

For Men

Men with a waist ratio of 0.9 and less are considered safe and healthy.

If your waist ratio is anything beyond those figures than you are at a risk of a lot of health problems.

So, what was your waist-to-hip ratio?

Get more knowledge about yourself today, you deserve to look good, you deserve to live long and healthy. Join over 8,000 members and Subscribe here https://page.co/v9dY to make it a reality.

#speakingfromexperience

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

Source http://newsphases..com/2017/04/measuring-your-waist-to-hip-ratio.html

cc: lalasticlala
Re: What Your Waist-to-hip Ratio Says About You by MEGGATRON(m): 6:53pm On Apr 20, 2017
It fluctuates by my sexual activities.
Re: What Your Waist-to-hip Ratio Says About You by FitnessDoctor: 6:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
MEGGATRON:

Interesting... why don't you take a measure, do the maths and comment what figure it was...
Re: What Your Waist-to-hip Ratio Says About You by Newbeginnings(m): 7:02pm On Apr 20, 2017
Just measured mine... It was same with yours. Doc

At 0.8
Re: What Your Waist-to-hip Ratio Says About You by FitnessDoctor: 7:06pm On Apr 20, 2017
Newbeginnings:
Just measured mine... It was same with yours. Doc

At 0.8

That is a good start... Looks like you understand what it means to be really healthy
Re: What Your Waist-to-hip Ratio Says About You by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 20, 2017
Op check my dp
Whats my wasit ration as I no fit calculate grin

Dont have tape measurement at home sad
Re: What Your Waist-to-hip Ratio Says About You by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 20, 2017
MEGGATRON:
Lol this got me laughing grin

Its true what if we eat before measuring sad
Re: What Your Waist-to-hip Ratio Says About You by MEGGATRON(m): 7:44pm On Apr 20, 2017
Bumbae1:

Lol this got me laughing grin

Its true what if we eat before measuring sad

I don't know, It would probably add up.
Re: What Your Waist-to-hip Ratio Says About You by FitnessDoctor: 8:21pm On Apr 20, 2017
Bumbae1:
Op check my dp
Whats my wasit ration as I no fit calculate grin

Dont have tape measurement at home sad

Hahahaha... @ Dp...

Taking a look at the cross section, handling both sides of the waist and hips with careful calculating eyes.... I can throw in an estimation.. But it might be as good as you doing it yourself.
Re: What Your Waist-to-hip Ratio Says About You by Essentials1(m): 10:16pm On Apr 20, 2017
Make I measure my own now...

I no sure say I get tape

1 Like

Re: What Your Waist-to-hip Ratio Says About You by Julietcutie(f): 12:54am On Apr 21, 2017
would measure tomorrow
Re: What Your Waist-to-hip Ratio Says About You by Essentials1(m): 8:54pm On Apr 21, 2017
Essentials1:
Make I measure my own now...

I no sure say I get tape

Well, mine was just 0.8...
Re: What Your Waist-to-hip Ratio Says About You by Essentials1(m): 8:55pm On Apr 21, 2017
Julietcutie:
would measure tomorrow

Sis, are you still measuring

(1) (Reply)

What To Do To Avoid Turning Into A Punching Bag In Your Marriage (ladies) / Whats D Greatest Lie U Heard On Nairaland / Can She Get Pregnant After A Week She Stop Menstruating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.