Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) (43914 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Exercising With His Church Members (Photos) / Reverend King's Birthday Celebrated On Newspaper By His Church Members (Photos) / David Ibiyeomie Gifts Hyundai Cars To Members (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by Rilwayne001: 4:13pm On Apr 21, 2017
FriendNG:

. Jesus don't drink Alcohol.

Jesus drank alcohol according to the Bible.

Jesus don't eat pig.

Generally, Jews are prohibited from eating pig in the OT, and Jesus was a jew too. Paul saw nothing wrong in eating it and so Christians are following his view.

Jesus fell down on his face to the ground and pray while you don't.

He didn't do it occasionally according to the Bible. He did it once I think, which really don't hold any significance.

Muslim follow Jesus bcux they fell on their faces to the ground and pray just like Jesus.

Sorry, we don't really follow Jesus, we follow the Prophet. Although there are parts of his teachings and ways that we follow, but not all. Basically because his message was specifically for the Israelites and not for all. For example we are told he drank alcohol in the Bible, do you drink? We are told he addressed his mother in some sort of disrespectful manner, do you do that?

sad
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by ibolomo(m): 4:15pm On Apr 21, 2017
this is what happens when a "pastor" enters into ministry out of zeal or love for money and attention. The people indeed perish for lack of knowledge.
A little research would have shown him that "Holy Ghost" is an archaic form of "Holy Spirit".
The word ghost in times when the Bible was translated didn't mean a dead person, but the immaterial essence or "spirit" of that person as it is translated in recent versions
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by FriendNG: 4:18pm On Apr 21, 2017
thorpido:
Jesus didn't go to school.Anyone that does not go to school follows Jesus.Common guy don't be pedestrian.
Show me in the bible where Christians are admonished to drink alcohol.

No need you will say u don't follow it.

The pig muslims don't eat,who created it?Before you answer,think deep about why God will create an animal men shouldn't eat?

You have not seen Christians prostrate,kneeling,on their faces while praying?You must be hiding in a mosque somewhere.Come let me show you that in a Church.
[/quote]

Because he is Alpha and Omega. He can do and undo. He created donkey for conveying goods why don't u put lord on pig?

Why should he create animal that cannot carry Lord. Or do you think He created Only to be eaten?
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by thorpido(m): 4:21pm On Apr 21, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Generally, Jews are prohibited from eating pig in the OT, and Jesus was a jew too. Paul saw nothing wrong in eating it and so Christians are following his view.

He didn't do it occasionally according to the Bible. He did it once I think, which really don't hold any significance.

Sorry, we don't really follow Jesus, we follow the Prophet. Although there are parts of his teachings and ways that we follow, but not all. Basically because his message was specifically for the Israelites and not for all. For example we are told he drank alcohol in the Bible, do you drink? We are told he addressed his mother in some sort of disrespectful manner, do you do that?

sad
Show where He drank alcohol,don't just write.
Where did Jesus address His mother disrespectfully?Show scriptures please.

FriendNG,a fellow muslim says here that muslims don't follow Jesus,so why are you still arguing otherewise.
Whoever doesn't follow Jesus does not follow the One that sent Him anyway.
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by demmie1: 4:23pm On Apr 21, 2017
madridguy:
No Muslim will ever burn The Noble Quran so hold your sermon.

are you for real? Guy i thought you are smarter than this
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by FriendNG: 4:23pm On Apr 21, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Show me.

So are they worshipping Paul?

Atleast he has done it. Prophet Uzairu even did congregational prayer.

sad

We actually follow some of his teachings which coincide with Quran. I don't even believe he drank intoxicant.
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by FriendNG: 4:25pm On Apr 21, 2017
thorpido:
Where did Jesus address His mother disrespectfully?Show scriptures please.

So Jesus don't take Alcohol again? So y do you?

Frie.ndNG,a fellow muslim says here that muslims don't follow Jesus,so why are you still arguing otherewise.
Whoever doesn't follow Jesus does not follow the One that sent Him anyway.

Check my reply 2 him.
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by thorpido(m): 4:27pm On Apr 21, 2017
FriendNG:

So Jesus don't take Alcohol again? So y do you?

Check my reply 2 him.
Why do you always assume.Why do you eat pig?
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by kizygist: 4:29pm On Apr 21, 2017
This is wickedness. 30 football fans died in a viewing centre in Calabar
Source: http://www.updatesflow.tk/2017/04/shocking-more-than-30-football-fans.html

Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by FriendNG: 4:29pm On Apr 21, 2017
thorpido:
Why do you always assume.Why do you eat pig?

I don't eat. What's the assumption there? You Christian take Alcohol and now a brother said Jesus take it but you're defending it. If it is a good thing, Y the defense?
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by Rilwayne001: 4:33pm On Apr 21, 2017
thorpido:
Jesus didn't go to school

We barely know anything about his childhood days and so we cannot say he didn't grin

.Anyone that does not go to school follows Jesus?Common guy don't be pedestrian.
Show me in the bible where Christians are admonished to drink alcohol.

He didn't really admonish drinking it, but he saw nothing wrong with it -as according to the Bible- in so far you don't abuse it.

The pig muslims don't eat,who created it?Before you answer,think deep about why God will create an animal men shouldn't eat?.

Yahweh did it in the OT
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by thorpido(m): 4:43pm On Apr 21, 2017
FriendNG:

No need you will say u don't follow it.

Because he is Alpha and Omega. He can do and undo. He created donkey for conveying goods why don't u put lord on pig?

Why should he create animal that cannot carry Lord. Or do you think He created Only to be eaten?

No need is escapist.Show where!

Men chose to use some animals as beast of burden.No animal carried load in the garden of Eden.
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by thorpido(m): 4:45pm On Apr 21, 2017
Rilwayne001:

We barely know anything about his childhood days and so we cannot say he didn't grin

He didn't really admonish drinking it, but he saw nothing wrong with it -as according to the Bible- in so far you don't abuse it.

Yahweh did it in the OT
Show where he saw nothing wrong in drinking alcohol in the bible.
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 21, 2017
obafemee80:

Most pastors knows that there are more than 50,000 errors in the bible.
If it was divinely inspired,then why would it have so many really obvious contradictions?

Theological doctrines:

1. God is satisfied with his works
Gen 1:31
dwells in chosen temples
2 Chron 7:12,16
God dwells not in temples
Acts 7:48
3. God dwells in light
Tim 6:16
God dwells in darkness
1 Kings 8:12/ Ps 18:11/ Ps 97:2

4. God is seen and heard
Ex 33:23/ Ex 33:11/ Gen 3:9,10/ Gen 32:30/ Is 6:1/
Ex 24:9-11
God is invisible and cannot be heard
John 1:18/ John 5:37/ Ex 33:20/ 1 Tim 6:16

5. God is tired and rests
Ex 31:17
God is never tired and never rests
Is 40:28

6. God is everywhere present, sees and knows all things
Prov 15:3/ Ps 139:7-10/ Job 34:22,21
God is not everywhere present, neither sees nor knows all
things
Gen 11:5/ Gen 18:20,21/ Gen 3:8

7. God knows the hearts of men
Acts 1:24/ Ps 139:2,3
God tries men to find out what is in their heart
Deut 13:3/ Deut 8:2/ Gen 22:12

8. God is all powerful
Jer 32:27/ Matt 19:26
God is not all powerful
Judg 1:19

9. God is unchangeable
James 1:17/ Mal 3:6/ Ezek 24:14/ Num 23:19
God is changeable
Gen 6:6/ Jonah 3:10/ 1 Sam 2:30,31/ 2 Kings 20:1,4,5,6/
Ex 33:1,3,17,14

10. God is just and impartial
Ps 92:15/ Gen 18:25/ Deut 32:4/ Rom 2:11/ Ezek 18:25
God is unjust and partial
Gen 9:25/ Ex 20:5/ Rom 9:11-13/ Matt 13:12

11. God is the author of evil
Lam 3:38/ Jer 18:11/ Is 45:7/ Amos 3:6/ Ezek 20:25
God is not the author of evil
1 Cor 14:33/ Deut 32:4/ James 1:13

12. God gives freely to those who ask
James 1:5/ Luke 11:10
God withholds his blessings and prevents men from receiving
them
John 12:40/ Josh 11:20/ Is 63:17
etc

Speculative Doctrines

108. Christ is equal with God
John 10:30/ Phil 2:5
Christ is not equal with God
John 14:28/ Matt 24:36
109. Jesus was all-powerful
Matt 28:18/ John 3:35
Jesus was not all-powerful
Mark 6:5
110. The law was superseded by the Christian dispensation
Luke 16:16/ Eph 2:15/ Rom 7:6
The law was not superseded by the Christian dispensation
Matt 5:17-19
111. Christ's mission was peace
Luke 2:13,14
Christ's mission was not peace
Matt 10:34
112. Christ received not testimony from man
John 5:33,34
Christ did receive testimony from man
John 15:27
etc

Google 50000 Errors in Bible by Sheikh Ahmed Deedat and see for yourselves and why some books where added and some omitted like the gospel of barnabas

hmmm
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 21, 2017
thorpido:
Quran (4:34) - "Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and LEAVE THEM ALONE IN THE SLEEPING PLACES AND BEAT THEM; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great."

Below is Prophet Mohammad's words.

Abu Dawud (2142) - "The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A man will not be asked as to why he beat his wife."

@bolded,speak only about your daddy next time,don't be a dimwit.
bros Quran is not interpreted the way you did
and Moreso don't you see other verses where ALlaah was teaching us how to settle disputes between husband and wife
my concern is all those areas where He was talking about good virtues and moral uprightness I think you should not close you eyes to all those.
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by thorpido(m): 4:52pm On Apr 21, 2017
FriendNG:

I don't eat. What's the assumption there? You Christian take Alcohol and now a brother said Jesus take it but you're defending it. If it is a good thing, Y the defense?
You don't eat pig but you are quick to conclude I drink alcohol?You saw me last night drinking?What do you mean by 'you Christians take alcohol'?Are you telling me you have never seen a Muslim drinking beer?
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by Rilwayne001: 4:57pm On Apr 21, 2017
thorpido:
Luke 7:33–44, Jesus said, “For John the Baptist has come eating no bread and drinking no wine, and you say, ‘He has a demon.’ The Son of Man has come eating and drinking, and you say, ‘Look at him! A glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’”

Emphasis added by a Christian site: In verse 33 Jesus is making a contrast between John the Baptist’s “drinking no wine” and His own practice. Jesus goes on to say the religious leaders accused Him (falsely) of being a drunkard. Jesus was never a drunkard, any more than He was a glutton. He lived a completely sinless life (1 Peter 2:22); however, Luke 7 strongly suggests that Jesus did indeed partake of alcoholic wine.
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by sirfee(m): 5:04pm On Apr 21, 2017
BABANGBALI:
islam is a religion of peace grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin Religion of peace indeed.
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by thorpido(m): 5:08pm On Apr 21, 2017
bamidelee:

bros Quran is not interpreted the way you did
and Moreso don't you see other verses where ALlaah was teaching us how to settle disputes between husband and wife
my concern is all those areas where He was talking about good virtues and moral uprightness I think you should not close you eyes to all those.
Okay,let's look at the good virtues but when wives do something wrong,beat them.
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by Rilwayne001: 5:09pm On Apr 21, 2017
thorpido:
Show where he saw nothing wrong in drinking alcohol in the bible.

Oh well, the fact that he turned water into alcoholic wine shows he sees nothing wrong in taking it. wink
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by thorpido(m): 5:10pm On Apr 21, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Luke 7:33–44, Jesus said, “For John the Baptist has come eating no bread and drinking no wine, and you say, ‘He has a demon.’ The Son of Man has come eating and drinking, and you say, ‘Look at him! A glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’”

Emphasis added by a Christian site: In verse 33 Jesus is making a contrast between John the Baptist’s “drinking no wine” and His own practice. Jesus goes on to say the religious leaders accused Him (falsely) of being a drunkard. Jesus was never a drunkard, any more than He was a glutton. He lived a completely sinless life (1 Peter 2:22); however, Luke 7 strongly suggests that Jesus did indeed partake of alcoholic wine.
If indeed he drank wine,was it stated explicitly that it was alcoholic wine.
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by sirfee(m): 5:13pm On Apr 21, 2017
Mr Seun,though I'm a deist and I'm against religion.I'm fed up with the foul play on nairaland,everyone has the right to freedom of expression,belief etc so I want the muslim thread to be free to every nairalander irrespective of sex,creed,status,tribe etc.I can see so many muslims ranting on this thread,I want it to reciprocate.Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by Rilwayne001: 5:13pm On Apr 21, 2017
FriendNG:

Show me.So are they worshipping Paul?
Not really, but they follow more his teachings.

Atleast he has done it. Prophet Uzairu even did congregational prayer.. ,

Who's Uzairu

We actually follow some of his teachings which coincide with Quran. I don't even believe he drank intoxicant.

According to the Bible he did.
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by Rilwayne001: 5:16pm On Apr 21, 2017
thorpido:
If indeed he drank wine,was it stated explicitly that it was alcoholic wine.

The fact that they thought him a DRUNKARD shows it was alcoholic wine. Read the emphasy again.
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by greatehis: 5:28pm On Apr 21, 2017
[quote author=obafemee80 post=55764395]

Most pastors knows that there are more than 50,000 errors in the bible.
If it was divinely inspired,then why would it have so many really obvious contradictions?

Theological doctrines:

1. God is satisfied with his works
Gen 1:31
dwells in chosen temples
2 Chron 7:12,16
God dwells not in temples
Acts 7:48
3. God dwells in light
Tim 6:16
God dwells in darkness
1 Kings 8:12/ Ps 18:11/ Ps 97:2

4. God is seen and heard
Ex 33:23/ Ex 33:11/ Gen 3:9,10/ Gen 32:30/ Is 6:1/
Ex 24:9-11
God is invisible and cannot be heard
John 1:18/ John 5:37/ Ex 33:20/ 1 Tim 6:16

5. God is tired and rests
Ex 31:17
God is never tired and never rests
Is 40:28

6. God is everywhere present, sees and knows all things
Prov 15:3/ Ps 139:7-10/ Job 34:22,21
God is not everywhere present, neither sees nor knows all
things
Gen 11:5/ Gen 18:20,21/ Gen 3:8

7. God knows the hearts of men
Acts 1:24/ Ps 139:2,3
God tries men to find out what is in their heart
Deut 13:3/ Deut 8:2/ Gen 22:12

8. God is all powerful
Jer 32:27/ Matt 19:26
God is not all powerful
Judg 1:19

9. God is unchangeable
James 1:17/ Mal 3:6/ Ezek 24:14/ Num 23:19
God is changeable
Gen 6:6/ Jonah 3:10/ 1 Sam 2:30,31/ 2 Kings 20:1,4,5,6/
Ex 33:1,3,17,14

10. God is just and impartial
Ps 92:15/ Gen 18:25/ Deut 32:4/ Rom 2:11/ Ezek 18:25
God is unjust and partial
Gen 9:25/ Ex 20:5/ Rom 9:11-13/ Matt 13:12

11. God is the author of evil
Lam 3:38/ Jer 18:11/ Is 45:7/ Amos 3:6/ Ezek 20:25
God is not the author of evil
1 Cor 14:33/ Deut 32:4/ James 1:13

12. God gives freely to those who ask
James 1:5/ Luke 11:10
God withholds his blessings and prevents men from receiving
them
John 12:40/ Josh 11:20/ Is 63:17
etc

Speculative Doctrines

108. Christ is equal with God
John 10:30/ Phil 2:5
Christ is not equal with God
John 14:28/ Matt 24:36
109. Jesus was all-powerful
Matt 28:18/ John 3:35
Jesus was not all-powerful
Mark 6:5
110. The law was superseded by the Christian dispensation
Luke 16:16/ Eph 2:15/ Rom 7:6
The law was not superseded by the Christian dispensation
Matt 5:17-19
111. Christ's mission was peace
Luke 2:13,14
Christ's mission was not peace
Matt 10:34
112. Christ received not testimony from man
John 5:33,34
Christ did receive testimony from man
John 15:27
etc

Google 50000 Errors in Bible by Sheikh Ahmed Deedat and see for yourselves and why some books where added and some omitted like the gospel of barnabas

[/quote

hahahahaha! you have now join the testament of those proving how true the bible is. if you understand God, why worship him. your analysis is very correct. He is the I am that I am'' and therefore every name for every situation. you can also not understand the scriptures with canal knowledge. its a spiritual book and could only be comprehended by the Holy ghost and divine illumination. He is the God of the living and the dead. simply put, He is every thing. wow! Gods word is true
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by thorpido(m): 5:29pm On Apr 21, 2017
Rilwayne001:

The fact that they thought him a DRUNKARD shows it was alcoholic wine. Read the emphasy again.
'They thought him drunk'.
Do you understand the meaning of what you wrote up here?
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by sirfee(m): 5:32pm On Apr 21, 2017
bamidelee:

bros can you quote that verse that said men should beat their wives.
you pple don't seek guidance that's why your daddy's turn you to ATM
Explain this verse Quran 38:44 "And take in your hand a green branch and beat her with it,and do not break your oath "Allah telling Job to beat his wife(Tafsir)

For your information;I'm a deist.
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by Rilwayne001: 5:34pm On Apr 21, 2017
thorpido:
'They thought him drunk'.
Do you understand the meaning of what you wrote up here?

Of course yes. Do you understand the emphasis added by gotquestions.com?
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by FriendNG: 5:46pm On Apr 21, 2017
Rilwayne001:
Not really, but they follow more his teachings.

Who's Uzairu
He is a prophet both in the Quran and Bible.
Edra the high Prince.

According to the Bible he did.
Verse
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by FriendNG: 5:47pm On Apr 21, 2017
thorpido:
You don't eat pig but you are quick to conclude I drink alcohol?You saw me last night drinking?What do you mean by 'you Christians take alcohol'?

I mean it is not an offense to take Alcohol in Christianity.

Are you telling me you have never seen a Muslim drinking beer?

it is a sin in Islam.
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by FriendNG: 5:50pm On Apr 21, 2017
thorpido:
No need is escapist.Show where!

Men chose to use some animals as beast of burden.No animal carried load in the garden of Eden.

It is said so in the holy Quran that Donkey and horse are meant to carry load.

By the way the God of old testament is the God of new? right.

Why Did he created pig and ask dem in old testament not to eat it?
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by thorpido(m): 7:02pm On Apr 21, 2017
FriendNG:

I mean it is not an offense to take Alcohol in Christianity.

it is a sin in Islam.
The bible doesn't encourage drinking alcohol.

Be ye not drunk with wine........Ephes.5:18

Don't assume.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2020 Prophecies By Prophet Joshua Iginla / Release Of Fluid While Sleeping, Does It Signifies You Have A Spiritual Wife. / Lady Pushed Priest Marcelo Rossi From The Altar While Preaching In Brazil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.