Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Man Visits Cemetery Daily To Keep Promise To Lover - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Visits Cemetery Daily To Keep Promise To Lover (420 Views)

Man Visits His Friend’s Home And Meets His Girlfriend There In Lagos / Cheating Married Woman Exposed After Sending Intimate Pictures To Lover. / Man Sells Vegetables To Lover In Pre-Wedding Photoshoot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Visits Cemetery Daily To Keep Promise To Lover by potent5(m): 10:42am On Apr 21, 2017
When Fred Gilland married his wife, Janice Gilland, 51 years ago, he made a promise that he would be with her to the end. That promise is one he intends to keep everyday for the rest of his life.
For this Knoxville, Tennessee man, keeping that promise involves driving each day out to the Lynnhurst Cemetery to sit at his wife's gravesite where she has been buried for the last seven years. Gillan is a 78-year-old man who is determined to not let life get in the way of spending time with his one true love.
''I just loved her the first time I seen her,'' said Gilland. ''She was always beautiful.”
Gilland has spent nearly a decade showing up to his wife's gravesite everyday through rain and sunshine. He spends his time beside her recalling memories from the past of the strong woman who loved her family and had a singing voice even Elvis would envy.
This daily routine of honoring her memory is Gilland's way of keeping his promise and love for her alive. His example of strong love is one all married couples should strive to follow. Gilland asks that we all remember that– even when times are hard– it is worth everything to be with that person
Re: Man Visits Cemetery Daily To Keep Promise To Lover by potent5(m): 10:49am On Apr 21, 2017
The faithful lover.

Re: Man Visits Cemetery Daily To Keep Promise To Lover by Parpor(m): 10:54am On Apr 21, 2017
This one is strong ohh
Re: Man Visits Cemetery Daily To Keep Promise To Lover by Gshegg: 11:07am On Apr 21, 2017
Unfathomable love..

If na naija dem go don exhume dat corpse, bury another person dere.. No time
Re: Man Visits Cemetery Daily To Keep Promise To Lover by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 21, 2017
How sad, how sweet.
Re: Man Visits Cemetery Daily To Keep Promise To Lover by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 21, 2017
my father wouldave married another woman

(1) (Reply)

Boo Snatchers / Are You “pretending,” Just So That Others Will Like You? Here’s My Story / Young Woman Crushed To Death After Tractor Flips On Her At Holiday Park(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.