Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) (15859 Views)

Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion / Residents Protest As EFCC Storms Ambode’s House (Photos) / Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 21, 2017
jaymejate:

Are you saying the minister have no say on the generation of power at all?

Mostly regulation for now...ie the DISCOS and GENCOS.

Privatisation by last admin in 2014 changed the whole complexion. In case you did not notice...no one talks about PHCN anymore.
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by Pavarottii(m): 6:30pm On Apr 21, 2017
Boscojugunu:
see the rubiish Jonathan did. That guy is a curse to Nigeria
Na quale weed u smoke Abi? Was there no better supply under his administration?
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 21, 2017
Boscojugunu:
He made us believe privatization will solve the problem, but here we are, no improvement we hear all sort of rubbish daily like discos rejecting load and do

In an ideal situation,privatisation and by extension deregulation (I will explain the latter soon) should have helped.Problem was that the DISCOS and GENCOS met poor equipment and poor transmission service.....which all needed fixing...hence the raise in prices, and the lack of improvement(It isn't a magic wand you know).

In my ideal world...what should happen is that the DISCOS should be allowed to compete...so if I find I am paying higher under BEDC, and KEDC pays less per Kwh...I culd switch to kedc....while still living in say Sapele...and pay less...which will mean more people pay KEDC...which brings down prices.

1 Like

Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 21, 2017
Goddex:
Buhari govt is
the worst

The current power connundrum is more of the responsibility of private companies...has been since 2014. All the govt does nowadays is run transmission, and regulate the sector (ie act as refree).

You are talking as if this were 5 years ago...when we had PHCN .
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by muderkid(m): 6:34pm On Apr 21, 2017
BEDC cry always frustrating, won't give us light we need it
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 21, 2017
Generator wan spoil my ear
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by matrixme(m): 6:40pm On Apr 21, 2017
Been under AEDC, BEDC, Ikeja Electric, PHEDC, and several other discos due to the fact that I travel alot, I can testify they are all bunch of Electricity Disappointing Companies (EDC's). There is barely anywhere in Nigeria that has good light. For example in Ondo state, about 5 local government areas have been in perpetual darkness for up to a year. Sapele people should know we are all in this together.
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by dragonking3: 6:41pm On Apr 21, 2017
jbcul4ril:
That is the result of bombing pipeline
Who light epp? grin grin grin grin grin grin
When light improve you will say it is buhari, when light fails it is bombing of pipelines. You guys are nothing but confused slaves (not zombies again)

1 Like

Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by dragonking3: 6:42pm On Apr 21, 2017
9jakohai:

The problem with power supply in Nigeria predates Jonathan, and is much bigger and complicated than you think.
That is why each state should be responsible for generating its own light. I believe that how it is done in the US and advanced countries.
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by emmyN(m): 6:43pm On Apr 21, 2017
Since Sapele plays host to two power generating stations, it's reasonable to demand for 24 hours of electricity based on the MOU. A step down transformer was provided by former President Obasanjo for that, but BEDC came and cut it off and started supplying the town with 3 hours of light daily. They should just pack and leave

1 Like

Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by AlphaStyles(m): 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2017
since 1960 no steady light

Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by NellyAkusu(m): 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2017
Day break everywhere burst
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2017
dragonking3:
That is why each state should be responsible for generating its own light. I believe that how it is done in the US and advanced countries.

IF they can afford it.....it costs a lot to build power generating plants.
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by dragonking3: 6:47pm On Apr 21, 2017
9jakohai:

IF they can afford it.....it costs a lot to build power generating plants.
If each state started building power generating plants since 1960, dont you think we would be better off by now? Lets start now instead of doing patch up, the world is moving at lightening speed we are still here complaining about light.
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by emmanuelpopson(m): 6:48pm On Apr 21, 2017
I was in Delta, kwale precisely for a whole year in 2016 for my NYSC.. we only had electricity for 2weeks..that like 2hours in a.month..I think the privatization was a hoax kos u privatized what is not available.. generation of power done by people with no technical know how...discos are reaping cool money from the populace by not providing pre paid meters... generator importers sabotage govt efforts to constant power. oil importers too do same so that people will buy fuel for their generators.. all this problems are not gonna allow light be...
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by Josiahdking: 6:54pm On Apr 21, 2017
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 6:57pm On Apr 21, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Second to last and last pics, look like Okpe Road, close to Olympia Roundabout.
It is Olympia
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by LionDeLeo: 7:02pm On Apr 21, 2017
erico2k2:

It is Olympia

OK, thanks.
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by otokx(m): 7:04pm On Apr 21, 2017
Its time people speak up, if Sapele can't get light then the power stations there should be shut down. The average Nigerian does not like to make group demand but will be divided and then oppressed.
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by HARDDON: 7:14pm On Apr 21, 2017
Goddex:
Buhari govt is
the worst

past and present
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by Slymonster(m): 7:16pm On Apr 21, 2017
Those in benin self, don't even see light any more. Bedc is the worst thing that ever happen.For how many years 3hours on and off to 6hours on and off to.Right now the last time I was in benin, you can't even get 30mins straight anymore in where I stayed in airport road.
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by PenisCaP: 7:30pm On Apr 21, 2017
LionDeLeo:

OK, thanks.

I bu nwafor?..
Send me pm we need to talk its important.
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by sweetilicious(f): 7:31pm On Apr 21, 2017
9jakohai:

Power is privatised now. Minister of Darkness only controlls transmission. Generation is now in the hands of GENCOS, distribution in the hands of DISCOS.

You people did not complain when the last admin handed over to GENCOS and DISCOS....and remember they did give you guys time to register your disagreement. Most of us kept quiet.
Exactly
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by Liljeez(m): 7:32pm On Apr 21, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Second to last and last pics, look like Okpe Road, close to Olympia Roundabout.
Yea....dat last one is @Olympia
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by muller101(m): 7:35pm On Apr 21, 2017
Invest in steam power
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by Liljeez(m): 7:36pm On Apr 21, 2017
Ambassador1x:
Hehehe.... Sapele..... I did my NYSC at Obule
Schools Sapele. Out of 1 whole year, we saw light less than 2 weeks. Whether BEDC, EEFC ID, or whatever, they are all fraud.
Lol... Its d side u stayed ooh. If u stay somwhere lyk Ogorode, u go dey flex light
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by Joysmith2: 7:40pm On Apr 21, 2017
[quote author=Boscojugunu post=55784488]see the rubiish Jonathan did. That guy is a curse to Nigeria [/quote
Must u curse,,nonsense
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by wonda26(m): 7:45pm On Apr 21, 2017
9jakohai:

In an ideal situation,privatisation and by extension deregulation (I will explain the latter soon) should have helped.Problem was that the DISCOS and GENCOS met poor equipment and poor transmission service.....which all needed fixing...hence the raise in prices, and the lack of improvement(It isn't a magic wand you know).

In my ideal world...what should happen is that the DISCOS should be allowed to compete...so if I find I am paying higher under BEDC, and KEDC pays less per Kwh...I culd switch to kedc....while still living in say Sapele...and pay less...which will mean more people pay KEDC...which brings down prices.
Was following you until your last paragraph. Nigeria's electricity network is no where near ideal (just as u mentioned -in an ideal world) and thus that system can't function. Before this can happen, the supply won't be guaranteed and controlled by an independent operator. As it is now, same company gives you supply and bills you. Simple example, say kedc offers you a lower tariff in your area controlled by ikedc. They can't even guarantee you supply in the first place because it is controlled by ikedc who determines when and when not to give u supply depending on their own schedule and energy received. Remember you could be the only customer who wants kedc tariff in your area.

In summary, we are still very far from that stage.

Now, generally speaking, the issue of electricity in Nigeria is very very deep rooted. Can it be tackled? Yes!!! After all electricity is not a new technology thus we ain't inventing a new thing.

What we are suffering from is basically a result of years of decay and massive corruption. Power requires massive capital investment and returns on investment are not immediate. These discos don't even have the financial might for a quick turnaround of the sector. Another thing is that these investments take time to build and complete. They don't have the money, and they have to survive. So they keep managing an already during system. One thing is sure, we are going to be in this situation for a long time to come if they ngs remain like this. But I pray things change and we solve our problem soon.
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by MXrep: 7:53pm On Apr 21, 2017
9jakohai:

Power is privatised now. Minister of Darkness only controlls transmission. Generation is now in the hands of GENCOS, distribution in the hands of DISCOS.

You people did not complain when the last admin handed over to GENCOS and DISCOS....and remember they did give you guys time to register your disagreement. Most of us kept quiet.
Keep quiet, in the middle of rainy season when the dam fill up, power will improve but instead of praising GENCOS you praise buhari nd fashola
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 21, 2017
MXrep:

Keep quiet, in the middle of rainy season when the dam fill up, power will improve but instead of praising GENCOS you praise buhari nd fashola

As usual the APC and PDP people are here again with their misinterpretation of my comments.

Well, when the rainy season comes, you won't find me saying 'things have improved'. They haven't.

For a start we need at least 40000MW to see light 24/7. We aren't near that, to get near that needs lots of money, hence privatisation.

Can we please take a break from politics sometimes.?
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by brightology3: 8:18pm On Apr 21, 2017
Boscojugunu:
see the rubiish Jonathan did. That guy is a curse to Nigeria
you're a curse to your family
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by brightology3: 8:19pm On Apr 21, 2017
jaymejate:
Lack of power supply?

That person wey take pictures, how did he charge his camera or the battery?
Generator abi?

Minister of Darkness, where art thou?
look at him here

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Presides Over National Security Meeting (PHOTOS) / Gabriel Suswam Flags Off His Senatorial Campaign (Pictures) / Jonathan: Nigeria Owes Obasanjo Debt Of Gratitude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.